WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, apropos earlier posts about Watershed....and mildly a tad OT... some sleuthers have expressed their opinions about why any family/JB with young kids would go to the Watershed Park area -I have to admit that when Stilettos said she wouldn't go there, I got a chuckle (in a fond way, I promise!, since her profile pic is of stiletto red shoes!). It may seem daunting or unusual to those from other areas of the country to recreate in such an area, but in the Pacific Northwest -this is what it's all about! Many, many do this -as a preference to an organized park with a playground. My family and I are always out and about and hiking in old growth areas, and areas with lots of mad crazy gorgeous vegetation. It's not scary to us -it's gorgeous, peaceful, rejuvenating...and a big part of why we live here! No man-made playgrounds needed -when your back yard is a huge natural playground! Coast included. Kids in my family never need a pail and shovel, when there are huge stones, rocks (agates and other great finds), driftwood barnacles and starfish to explore...I even have pictures of my sister nursing her 7 week old, squatting on a log, in the middle of old growth woods outside of Bellingham, near Mt. Baker right after a big snow...we were cross country skiing out in the "relative" wild with my sister and her first born in a snuggly pack on her chest. - No fear! Live life! Love the outdoors...It's the Pacific Northwest and it's the norm. I just wanted to give that local insight... Thanks for reading!!!!

That said, there is nothing in any of the photos posted, or any information I have about the family that says this family is, or has ever been, outdoor enthusiasts like Team Madilu. When we are in the amazing grace that the Pacific Northwest has to offer, we undoubtedly document it with photos...of which there are none with this family.

Well said. I grew up in Northern California and my parents took us out to the redwoods and the mountains and the high desert areas all of the time. We went rock hunting and backpacking and camped in the wilderness areas and we loved it. But there was a whole lot of dirt and grime. And no clean restrooms available. Something tells me that JB would have hated every minute of it.

Somehow I missed the "littleredridinghood" comment when pulling up the news article. Could someone please clarify this piece of information it for me? TIA

littleredridinghood is the name of the poster in the comment section. You can read what she "thinks"

Cubby I don't know. I don't think she is a Christian, I was being sarcastic. Christians and even people that aren't Christians don't just stand by and do nothing to help their missing child. At least not caring and loving people that is. It is so baffling and points to something very evil and wrong.

:floorlaugh:

Considering SM's faith, I'd like to think at least at one time JB was willing to honestly follow Christianity. I do find myself thinking currently she is a desperate woman who is willing to act like a chameleon (sp?) so to speak. She'll present herself whichever way she thinks she'll find a man to support her. She demonstrated that on the two dating sites we found. Which are clearly very different from each other and clearly for very different purposes.

I'm still hopeful she'll make the decision to do the right thing and give Sky the dignity he deserves.

littleredridinghood is the name of the poster in the comment section. You can read what she "thinks"

littleredridinghood's comment has been removed by the site administrator. The replies to it give some clues as to what it apparently said (I didn't see it before it was removed).

Matthew 18:6.........But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

This bible verse occurred to me. Not that I am a preachy person or one to push religion at them at all. I'm actually Quaker and believe to each his own, it's their choice completely. You can worship bacon or cats for all I care as long as you treat others with decency

There also other slightly different translation to this verse. But if she is indeed a believing Christian, does she not feel that harming her child is a huge sin? Or does she just have beliefs that support HER feelings and HER actions, cuz that is what it seems like to me.

As far as her claiming Christianity on on the dating site, it is standard procedure that you answer a question in your profile which religion you tend to believe in. It might be a question that is required to answer so she had to pick an answer.

What about The Flying Spaghetti Monster?

This is important!

FWIW, apropos earlier posts about Watershed....and mildly a tad OT... some sleuthers have expressed their opinions about why any family/JB with young kids would go to the Watershed Park area -I have to admit that when Stilettos said she wouldn't go there, I got a chuckle (in a fond way, I promise!, since her profile pic is of stiletto red shoes!). It may seem daunting or unusual to those from other areas of the country to recreate in such an area, but in the Pacific Northwest -this is what it's all about! Many, many do this -as a preference to an organized park with a playground. My family and I are always out and about and hiking in old growth areas, and areas with lots of mad crazy gorgeous vegetation. It's not scary to us -it's gorgeous, peaceful, rejuvenating...and a big part of why we live here! No man-made playgrounds needed -when your back yard is a huge natural playground! Coast included. Kids in my family never need a pail and shovel, when there are huge stones, rocks (agates and other great finds), driftwood barnacles and starfish to explore...I even have pictures of my sister nursing her 7 week old, squatting on a log, in the middle of old growth woods outside of Bellingham, near Mt. Baker right after a big snow...we were cross country skiing out in the "relative" wild with my sister and her first born in a snuggly pack on her chest. - No fear! Live life! Love the outdoors...It's the Pacific Northwest and it's the norm. I just wanted to give that local insight... Thanks for reading!!!!

That said, there is nothing in any of the photos posted, or any information I have about the family that says this family is, or has ever been, outdoor enthusiasts like Team Madilu. When we are in the amazing grace that the Pacific Northwest has to offer, we undoubtedly document it with photos...of which there are none with this family.

yup, we call them Forest Parks and my kids prefer them. They like making forts, creating fairy houses, climbing trees, wading in creeks and exploring the woods. Today we spent hours at one such park making massive piles of leaves. We are that type though, and she doesn't strike me as that type. One look at how filthy my kids were upon returning confirms the suspicion. lol

Considering SM's faith, I'd like to think at least at one time JB was willing to honestly follow Christianity. I do find myself thinking currently she is a desperate woman who is willing to act like a chameleon (sp?) so to speak. She'll present herself whichever way she thinks she'll find a man to support her. She demonstrated that on the two dating sites we found. Which are clearly very different from each other and clearly for very different purposes.

I'm still hopeful she'll make the decision to do the right thing and give Sky the dignity he deserves.
IMO Christianity is the thing she believes she should be doing. Claiming that she doesn't want to sin by killing herself, I think was just another "right answer". Obviously her actions at the moment aren't religious by any religious standards... but I believe she thinks being a Christian woman is an important part of how she wants to portray herself to the world.

where is Sky!! What an adorable little boy caught in the middle of all of this carp! I pray that Julia fesses up soon... I am not feeling it that she will but I sure do pray that she does.

Unless the current theory is that she sacrificed her baby as part of some biblical ritual, or that sky perhaps died as a result of christian faith healing gone bad (or gone as expected if we are telling the truth), I really don't see what her religious beliefs have to do with this case.

I have been thinking about Sky and wishing that he would be found. :cry:

I want to reiterate that I love this LE. They have not given up anything, but at the same time, they let us know every day that they care. They want this case solved. They know that her story doesn't add up. They want her face out there for tips.

I wonder what they found in the park. :( I am so terribly sad for both Sky and little M; and I am terrible sad for their daddy! I can't imagine why some adults feel that their life is more important than their childrens. Their needs, their wants, their desires, their OCD (that could be treated) is more important than taking care of two beautiful gifts from heaven.

I hope for more answers tomorrow!

Unless the current theory is that she sacrificed her baby as part of some biblical ritual, or that sky perhaps died as a result of christian faith healing gone bad (or gone as expected if we are telling the truth), I really don't see what her religious beliefs have to do with this case.

People are discussing it because apparently she told a shrink in the hospital, when she was taken if for mental health issues, that the reason she did not follow through on her suicidal thoughts is because it is against her Christian faith. So people were hoping that it would also be against her faith to harm her child.

The words of everyone around the globe when someone who claims their faith does something wrong. Obviously, just because you happen to claim a religion doesn't mean you get to represent it.

I agree, it's not relevant to if and why she did this, at all. How it relates to her and her state of being can be relevant only to the extent that all behavioral and lifestyle speculation is relevant.

Obviously, I would assume nobody would judge her religion simply because she claims it. I doubt we will see that here at all.

In the bible, two people fought over a baby. King soloman told them to divide the baby in two with a sword. The woman that said no and decided to let the baby live, instead of dividing the baby, was chosen as the true parent by king soloman.

Don't know why that story popped in my head.

dang, I was looking forward to the read, but the administrator deleted the comment.

dang, I was looking forward to the read, but the administrator deleted the comment.

The person just commented something to the effect that JB was heavy into partying and drinking/drugs or something like that. It had absolutely no relevance to the case at all, just someone commenting on something that they apparently didn't know much about.

People are discussing it because apparently she told a shrink in the hospital, when she was taken if for mental health issues, that the reason she did not follow through on her suicidal thoughts is because it is against her Christian faith. So people were hoping that it would also be against her faith to harm her child.

I am aware of this. I am also aware that she listed herself on a christian dating website. :)

Allow me to be blunt: Her Christian "faith" didn't stop her from leaving her kids alone, repeatedly. Her faith in Jesus hasn't given her the confidence to help law enforcement find her baby. Her belief in a personal savior didn't prevent her from inventing some of the most vile lies imaginable against her husband, or turn her from a money obsessed scrooge into Mother Teressa. Nor did the blood of the lamb stop her from listing herself on the internet as a high priced prostitute. Her belief in an invisible sky <modsnip> did not prevent her from possibly killing Sky, her son.

Her Christian faith stopped none of those things.

But I won't call her a hypocrite. <modsnip>

Approximately 75% of American's identify themselves as Christians. Every night here in Christian America one out of four children go to bed hungry. Every year, five million women in these Christian United States are beaten or raped, usually by their (probably god-fearing) partner. Every year, three million children are violently abused by their predominantly Christian parents. One hundred million American's are one living in or near poverty, and are only one lost paycheck or illness away from disaster.

So basically it sounds to me like Julia's faith is par for the course.

You are very lucky to live where you do. I went hiking in the parks outside of Portland OR recently. Gorgeous, stunning, beautiful. But WA is crazy incredible. I was there years ago and hiked to the top of Mount Si. Also did some hiking around Mount Ranier. But I also just hiked around various places near where my friends lived, near Everett, etc., and went to other places I can't identify, like inner tubing down some river. Wow, there is just nothing as beautiful as Washington. Majestic. Enchanting. What a place to live.

The person just commented something to the effect that JB was heavy into partying and drinking/drugs or something like that. It had absolutely no relevance to the case at all, just someone commenting on something that they apparently didn't know much about.

Ok, call me crazy, but it is in my blood to consider all possibilities and I don't want this to keep me awake. Is it at all possible that JB actually DID leave the kids at night and go out partying with dates she found online or out daytime shopping w/o kids?? Not buying into this, but I don't want to be too quick to completely discount it either.

I do know that drug and alcohol use can exacerbate many symptoms, especially bipolar symptoms. The poster mentions Ambien and Benadryl SPECIFICALLY. Adults who do this get amnesiac episodes, especially adding in alcohol. Maybe she never drank with SM, but began to with her new online dating persona? Just wondering if there could be ANY truth to this, even just very recently.

ETA: and if she DID use Ambien and Benadryl as babysitters, it could be quite relevant as to what may have happened to Sky. I would think that sister M would have spilled about being given medicine by now, although if she was given vitamins in pill or liquid form, she may not have differentiated.

ETA to the ETA: It would be interesting to know if she "used" before she had children. There were a few years in there.....
And I really don't think the OCD would have prevented her from leaving the kids at home drugged. The OCD and bipolar I have seen placed personal needs for self -pleasure above all else. I can actually easily imagine Julia doing this. Maybe she used this strategy to keep the kids in bed until 2:00 pm when she knew SM could come get them just so she never had to care for them herself. Then she didn't have that help anymore after she regained physical custody. I dont think she became mom of the year overnight after she regained physical custody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892