WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't sense she has a social circle. She does have that one friend who appears to be the kind of "friend" who is more like a caretaker than a peer. I know people who take on "causes" but don't consider them peers. When I first heard of the friend she called, I pictured another young mother that they did fun stuff together with the kids. That's not the case here - this friend is someone who looks to be nearly a grandma age, who is seen in the photos kind of helping out on outings. I think she's also helped with getting the kids exchanged for visitation in the past, etc. Kind of a volunteer social worker.

Since no one has seen Sky since at least Oct 23 - Nov. 6, and no one NOTICED that they hadn't seen him, I just think she flew below the radar always.

Grandma S is not JB's age, but SO (the one she called from the Chevron) is about her age. I don't know if SO is married or has kids though.

Grandma S is not JB's age, but SO (the one she called from the Chevron) is about her age. I don't know if SO is married or has kids though.

In the pics of her on Flickr, SO looks at least 55 to me. And in the pics, there are no pics of any kids besides Julia's -

He did say "you've known Julia, Clay, since she was 16...". Maybe when she met Solomon, Solomon already had a lawyer because of his business or some other reason and he knew her through SM. That was interesting.

I knew I heard that, then couldn't find it. The atty was admitted to the bar in WA in 1978. (I don't have the info in front of me now but I think that's when it was). I thought he may have kown her through Julia's mother, or that the mother was involved in some type of legal action.

In the pics of her on Flickr, SO looks at least 55 to me. And in the pics, there are no pics of any kids besides Julia's -

The person you're thinking of is SJ (the lady in the Costco photos). That is not the same person Julia called on the day her car supposedly ran out of gas (that was SO).

The one thing that stands out to me regarding this October 1 date, is it seems to contradict what LE said in a presser, that they had narrowed down the timeline but weren't releasing the information on how they narrowed the timeline. Which was originally from 10-23 to 11-6. An October 1 date widens the timeline. :waitasec:

That suggests they aren't even sure if 10-23 sighting is credible.

I knew I heard that, then couldn't find it. The atty was admitted to the bar in WA in 1978. (I don't have the info in front of me now but I think that's when it was). I thought he may have kown her through Julia's mother, or that the mother was involved in some type of legal action.

I was thinking maybe Julia sought legal advice after being caught shoplifting but that's not likely. Is he SM's divorce attorney? Could he have represented Julia's mother in her divorce?

I can't get over the fact that no one has seen little Sky since Oct. 23rd at least. I'm a SAHM of two little ones just slightly older than Sky and M. It is so unusual to see me without children that, inevitably, it is the first thing that people I know ask when I am out and about alone or just with my husband. "Where are the kiddos?" This tells me that it was VERY common to see Julia without the little one's, so common that no one even noticed it, asked about it, or thought it unusual. Those poor babies.

Like Julia, I am a single mom. Mine is 9 and I hear the same questions when I am out without my child. Where is Name? He's usually at grandma's or his dads, or even out with grandpa when not with me, but people ALWAYS ask. Especially those stores (7-11, the gas station) that I am a 'regular'.

Maybe Julia avoided shopping anywhere regularly to avoid the questions about her children?

Also, when living in a high rise apartment building (years ago) and even now in a TH, I routinely see the neighbors. When living in a high rise, if not in the hallway or elevator, often in the lobby while people were getting their mail or waiting for the elevator in the lobby.

I really don't understand how she avoided people so much. Heck, even if she ordered out and had delivery, wouldn't the delivery person see the kids? Or at least hear them?

I'd like to know when she stopped attending church, if no one from church has seen her or the children either. Especially since people at church are almost always eager to volunteer giving someone rides (or babysit for things like mediation), especially a single mom with young kids and no access to transportation.

The above tells me society really isn't there yet to recognize the signs of how mental illness can really endanger children, especially when untreated. :(

The person you're thinking of is SJ (the lady in the Costco photos). That is not the same person Julia called on the day her car supposedly ran out of gas (that was SO).

Oh, thanks. So they both have the same first name?

<snipped>
I wish the poster who lived in the complex would come back and let us know how sound proof the units are. Especially being in a fairly new building, only a few years old.
<snipped>

I was reading some reviews of the Veloce apartments and a couple mentioned the noise level originating from outside of the building. Still, if it's so loud all the time, people may get used to tuning all noises out, even those of crying children.

The review below makes it sound like maybe the inside is noisy too...

The community at Veloce isn't the friendliest, or the quietest, but this is true to all apartment complexes.
http://maps.google.ca/maps/place?hl...placepage-link&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CCsQ4gkwAA

I was thinking maybe Julia sought legal advice after being caught shoplifting but that's not likely. Is he SM's divorce attorney? Could he have represented Julia's mother in her divorce?

Shoplifting? When & where was that?

Shoplifting? When & where was that?

I can't recall the source right now but it was revealed that when she was young, she shoplifted from a Nordstrom store. Her excuse was something along the lines of all her friends did it so she wanted to have new clothes too.

I don't sense she has a social circle. She does have that one friend who appears to be the kind of "friend" who is more like a caretaker than a peer. I know people who take on "causes" but don't consider them peers. When I first heard of the friend she called, I pictured another young mother that they did fun stuff together with the kids. That's not the case here - this friend is someone who looks to be nearly a grandma age, who is seen in the photos kind of helping out on outings. I think she's also helped with getting the kids exchanged for visitation in the past, etc. Kind of a volunteer social worker.

Since no one has seen Sky since at least Oct 23 - Nov. 6, and no one NOTICED that they hadn't seen him, I just think she flew below the radar always.

Could be. I also thought perhaps that older friend, whom she refers to as grandma, could be the mom of a close long time friend. Especially if they are both single. I had a very close friendship with a lifelong friend of mines mother for several years before she passed away. We hung out at her place a lot, played scrabble and yahtzee and just had a lot of laughs. It allowed us both to socialize while on tight budgets.

JB, imo, has to be close to someone to refer to them as 'grandma'. I don't think she would do so for someone she knew casually as a volunteer type social worker.

jmo

ETA: I too don't sense that she has a social circle, especially marrying the man she started dating when she was 15. She may have only had a few close friends she remained in contact with after marrying. JB strikes me as the kind of person who isolates herself from all social contact other than her significant other.

I was reading some reviews of the Veloce apartments and a couple mentioned the noise level originating from outside of the building. Still, if it's so loud all the time, people may get used to tuning all noises out, even those of crying children.

The review below makes it sound like maybe the inside is noisy too...

The community at Veloce isn't the friendliest, or the quietest, but this is true to all apartment complexes.

http://maps.google.ca/maps/place?hl=...ed=0CCsQ4gkwAA

That's what the person who posts here who lives at Veloce said as well...people keep to themselves and are not very social with each other.

<snipped> Could be. I also thought perhaps that older friend, whom she refers to as grandma, could be the mom of a close long time friend. <snipped>

JB, imo, has to be close to someone to refer to them as 'grandma'. I don't think she would do so for someone she knew casually as a volunteer type social worker.
<snipped>

I have a feeling they met through church. "Grandma S" has a college-aged daughter (there are some photos of her with M on Flickr). I think SJ is probably just a compassionate person who was maybe experiencing empty-nest syndrome.

That suggests they aren't even sure if 10-23 sighting is credible.

(From radio show) Clay Terry: They have a very reliable witness that saw both children in October. It may have been sometime in the middle of October but the police still would like us to ask for anyone who had seen them since October 1st.

I think the reliable witness is the 10/23 witness, but they want to know Sky's condition throughout the month, like others have said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member