WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for that. But it shaped who we are today.

My great grandfather was a leftist and out spoken against the Franco dictatorship and their abuses. For that, he was dragged out of the house he shared with his wife and five children, including my grandafther, the only boy and the eldest. He was shot on the street next to their house.

My grandfather was 12 at the time. He became an ardent communist as a result, due to a hatred of the rightist regime. When he came of age, he too, was arrested. But he had tons of friends who had connections and he was eventually released.

My dad came to this country at age 21. He was unable to go back to visit for the next ten years. He left his entire support system behind - his huge family, his community, etc., and worked his behind off for my mom and his kids. He only went back after ten years because his mother was dying. He didn't dare go back before because coming from the family he did, the regime would not have looked kindly on his leaving and he could have been at risk of arrest. It was bitterly hard for him.

On the other side, my grandparents were very young parents when war broke out in Holland and the Nazi's occupied their country. My grandfather, a big, strong policeman at the time, wept when his little country's efforts to protect their nation, failed. But after that, he joined the thousands of brave, young Dutch people who formed an underground to resist the occupiers. My grandmother did things like delivered illegal British newspapers to people, after curfew. They had no other source of news. She almost got caught when a neighbor freaked and opened the door wide, letting light out into the street, after she knocked and gave him his paper. He got too excited I guess but it immediately sparked the sound of boots rushing to his home (the city was in blackout and the curfew meant no citizen could be outside their homes).

My grandmother hid in a drainage ditch with her bike when she heard the boots. She saw the neighbor slowly reveal what he had behind his back and point towards her home. She rushed down a back alley and she and my grandfather and their two little kids rushed to flush and burn all the illegal newspapers they had.

My grandfather has privileges as a police officer. He could walk around the city unfettered. He was to report suspicion things he saw regarding Nazi activity by writing code on a small piece of paper and putting it behind a loose brick in a wall. he only saw something once though, when he saw soldiers putting U-boats into the harbor. He reported via the slip of paper and on illegal radio they later heard of a massive shelling of U-boats in the English channel. He wondered if that was because of what he saw and reported.

He and his buddies also did other things. Many he would never talk about. One he did talk about was holding up a Nazi supply truck. The whole neighborhood, most of whom were starving at the time, had a feast for a week from the proceeds of the theft of Dutch products being shipped to German officials. I have a feeling that the driver did not survive that encounter but my grandfather didn't say.

I am very proud of my lineage. I think about how scary it would be to speak out knowing your own dad was assassinated in the street for it or being part of a secret, underground resistance movement when it could cost you your life and leave your children parent-less. I often wonder if I would have the same courage to speak out or stand up for my beliefs in the face of such horror.

But their experiences have given me an enormous appreciation for the protections our constitution afford us. Even when those protections taste bitter because they protect an obvious child killer.

It rankles but it is necessary so the things that happened to my family can't happen to us.

I have been reading from posters on WS about the background experiences you have faced. I wish I could tell each of you personally how sorry I am for the challenges you have faced. You are all an inspiration to me. You have turned potentially debilitating events into your own strengths to reach out to help others. Maybe your pain has developed the character to help you be strong to face the pain that comes with being involved in the "fight" to recover the lives of the little ones who are so vulnerable.
:prayer:

Magdalyn- I believe that you are 'Mirandized" when they place you under arrest. At that point you are told that you have a right to an attorney and anything you say (going forward) can be used against you in a court of law.

I have been reading from posters on WS about the background experiences you have faced. I wish I could tell each of you personally how sorry I am for the challenges you have faced. You are all an inspiration to me. You have turned potentially debilitating events into your own strengths to reach out to help others. Maybe your pain has developed the character to help you be strong to face the pain that comes with being involved in the "fight" to recover the lives of the little ones who are so vulnerable.
:prayer:

Thanks is not enough! And bless those who had the courage to share their struggles. Something Julie continues to deny - and would rather call SM a sadistic muslim pakistani instead of facing her demons.

She could learn a lot from the many of you who shared. Keep on fighting the good fight!

Mel

Respectfully, and I say this as someone who's father killed himself, I really don't give a rat's behind if Julia decides to kill herself. If she does then, in my opinion, justice will have been served. And if she takes the location of little Sky's body to the grave with her, well, that sucks, but it would be better than watching yet another Casey or Deborah walk free.

I am sorry about your father. my oldest son's father suicided 3 years ago so I know almost firsthand how terrible it's been for you :hug:

Yes, at the beginning, Julia was talking to LE. But she was telling her account of what happened the day Sky disappeared. As LE figured out that her story had holes in it, she shut right up and she's probably been pleading the fifth since then. Bad mistake on her part, I think.

It worked for Casey Anthony.

I read a news article earlier today that said that Sky's grandmother/great grandmother has been talking to the police and she is pointing fingers at SM being responsible.I don't know if they're talking about NB though. Apparently, this relative lives in the Ukraine right now.
http://www.king5.com/news/local/sky-metalwala/Biryukova-relatives-in-Ukraine-134364563.html

Thank you for linking that.

(OT but i got a kick out of the unused 80's desk, speakerphone conference call with a translator, etc. I think they need a new IT department (and set designer) at that station to get them to the 90s at least)

Aaah. How telling Sky's grandmother's words are....

“Sky reminds me my own son, who’s always content and happy with everything he has, even if it isn’t much. As long as he isn’t hungry, he’s easygoing, relaxed and laid back boy. Sky has very adaptable and not easy to upset temperament,” she wrote to Daniels, responding to his request for an interview."

Like I said in an earlier post....there's alway some grain of truth if you look for it.

http://www.nwcn.com/news/134746138.html

“Sky reminds me my own son, who’s always content and happy with everything he has, even if it isn’t much. As long as he isn’t hungry, he’s easygoing, relaxed and laid back boy. Sky has very adaptable and not easy to upset temperament,” she wrote to Daniels, responding to his request for an interview."

Like I said in an earlier post....there's alway some grain of truth if you look for it.

I agree, I caught this as well and thought . . . wasn't that the exact point of SM's allegations in the declaration? . . . .JB had shown a consistent pattern of not being able to put her children's needs ahead of her own obsessions. i.e.: cares more about cleaning countertop than feeding child, JB passes out from lack of food, SM taking the kids to the store every night from 8-11 to eat, etc. We still have not heard what "illness" Sky was suffering from on the way to the "hospital".

I agree, I caught this as well and thought . . . wasn't that the exact point of SM's allegations in the declaration? . . . .JB had shown a consistent pattern of not being able to put her children's needs ahead of her own obsessions. i.e.: cares more about cleaning countertop than feeding child, JB passes out from lack of food, SM taking the kids to the store every night from 8-11 to eat, etc. We still have not heard what "illness" Sky was suffering from on the way to the "hospital".

BBM. I don't think he was really sick. It was just an excuse for Julia to use when questioned about why her car was where it was. If he was sick, it would have been directly related to malnourishment or from an OD or accident from when he was left home during mediation. IMO

I honestly think he was dead before the mediation though. NO ONE (except a neighbor) had seen Sky since 10/23...and that two weeks before he was reported missing.

And by that statement I'm going to say that grandmommy saw Sky hungry..more than once. Enough so that it stuck out in her mind enough to include it an e-mail.

Newborns cry when they're hungry, as do babies. A 2 year old is a toddler and can verbalize if he's hungry. Did Sky do so? Did grandmommy hear it? If so, how often?

If you're feeding your toddler breakfast, lunch, dinner, and the appropriate number of snacks, they shouldn't be verbalizing if they're hungry.

I'm not stating it as fact that Sky did this - just wondering why grandmommy used the statement: As long as he isn’t hungry, in her e-mail.

MOOOOOO

Mel

BBM. I don't think he was really sick. It was just an excuse for Julia to use when questioned about why her car was where it was. If he was sick, it would have been directly related to malnourishment or from an OD or accident from when he was left home during mediation. IMO

I honestly think he was dead before the mediation though. NO ONE (except a neighbor) had seen Sky since 10/23...and that two weeks before he was reported missing.

I completely agree with you regarding the illness issue of little Sky. I am also extremely concerned about the lack of 3rd party confirmation that he was still alive and well in Mama's care by the date of the mediation, but it could have been previously. I am just wondering what JB's story of the illness was that she told police and others. Her holistic medicine and raw food eating would not appear to be conducive to treatment with synthetic and processed medications (ie: antibiotics, fluids, pain meds, analgesics, steroids, etc).

Maybe the grandmother was just stating it as a generalization. We all know that babies/young children cry or get fussy when hungry. She was probably just stating that Sky was like any other child. When he was hungry, he would cry. She wasn't trying to say that Sky was hungry all the time, and he cried a lot, just that he would when he was hungry.
To me, it just sounds like she was saying that Sky behaved like any normal kid would.

When I read the e-mail from grandma Nadia it didn't convince me or come across as sincere at all. First of all; it was full of cliches.

I think Nadia would have a much better chance of convincing everyone that she was a great grandma if she put action into her "caring".

What is wrong with this family? It seems a little easy to hide behind a computer writing e-mails when your son/grandson is missing....

However, I don't really see a problem with her describing Sky as easygoing as long as he had food in his belly. This is exactly how my ex describes his son... it's like this shows that he is a boy!! (a man!!)

And by that statement I'm going to say that grandmommy saw Sky hungry..more than once. Enough so that it stuck out in her mind enough to include it an e-mail.

Newborns cry when they're hungry, as do babies. A 2 year old is a toddler and can verbalize if he's hungry. Did Sky do so? Did grandmommy hear it? If so, how often?

If you're feeding your toddler breakfast, lunch, dinner, and the appropriate number of snacks, they shouldn't be verbalizing if they're hungry.

I'm not stating it as fact that Sky did this - just wondering why grandmommy used the statement: As long as he isn’t hungry, in her e-mail.

MOOOOOO

Mel

Not to be argumentative, but my 2.5 year old eats breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and will still tell me he's hungry. He'll finish eating his meal and say "Eat? Hungry!" I don't know where he puts all of the food because he eats as much as I do.

I don't think there was any real reason she used that statement other than to say, he wasn't a cranky baby except when he's hungry - just like most children.

I want some real news on this baby. What is LE doing? Are they searching? Following up on leads? What?????

Where is Sky? I hope he is home soon!

Salem

I want some real news on this baby. What is LE doing? Are they searching? Following up on leads? What?????

Where is Sky? I hope he is home soon!

Salem

Me too. The fact that this thread is at a standstill is breaking my heart. We need some info!

Julia, Where are your children? You know where Sky is! What about your daughter? Yes, she is in a foster home, but what kind of home? Who are her foster parents? Are they taking care of her like you would? Is she crying for you and Sky? Who comforts her when she awakes from a terrible nightmare that is now her reality? What do people tell her about you? Do you love your children? Prove It! Your children are precious!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892