WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few questions keep nagging at me: Did Julia own a car? Did she borrow her brother's because her's was unavailable for some reason or did she not have one at all?
Also I wonder (logistically) how she got her brother's car? If he lives downtown and she's in Redmond, it seems likely he'd drive out to her place and have her drive him back downtown.

Julia did not own a vehicle. Solomon had to retain their vehicle after their separation in order to provide the support to Julia and the children. At some point she had a rental car but she wrecked that car and didn't rent another.

We don't know how she came to be in possession of her brother's car. I don't believe that information has been released. Hopefully our searcher friend can provide us a little more information about that.

I'm not following this case super super closely, but I know there has at least been some speculation that Sky may have been sent overseas, possibly returning there with Julia's father when he visited? in any case, this article made me think of that theory:

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Painful-lesson-for-Plano-dad-Daugher-in-exile-overseas-137543983.html

LE has stated numerous times that they believe Sky is in "their backyard." I'm sure with as much time passing since 11/6/2011 when Sky was originally reported missing that LE has exhausted that possibility. It would not be hard in this day and age to track this information and I feel that LE has covered all their bases in this regard. Trust me, we all would love nothing more than knowing Sky had been whisked away by his grandfather and was living a happy and healthy life overseas but sadly, I don't think it's possible.

She admitted to leaving the kids alone on the day of mediation and other times as well. That is neglect and they may be able to get her for that for M alone. Just based on her admission.

I'm wondering, though, like others have mentioned, why LE hasn't arrested JB for neglect yet? Either neglect of M on the day of mediation, or neglect of Sky on the day she reported his disappearance. I would think LE would have done so immediately to protect M, to protect the integrity of the case, and to monitor JB's mental status. M has been removed from her care at this point, but why was that not an immediate concern?

Just wondering...can LE even charge JB with neglect if there's no evidence that Sky was in the car that day? Can they charge JB with neglecting only one child the day of mediation if JB claims that both children were home? How specific is the law in that regard????

I'm wondering, though, like others have mentioned, why LE hasn't arrested JB for neglect yet? Either neglect of M on the day of mediation, or neglect of Sky on the day she reported his disappearance. I would think LE would have done so immediately to protect M, to protect the integrity of the case, and to monitor JB's mental status. M has been removed from her care at this point, but why was that not an immediate concern?

Just wondering...can LE even charge JB with neglect if there's no evidence that Sky was in the car that day? Can they charge JB with neglecting only one child the day of mediation if JB claims that both children were home? How specific is the law in that regard????

Those area all good questions.

I don't know why, but for some reason my hinky radar suspects that JB is in some kind of mental health facility and has been for some time. She wasn't able to stay off the computer. . .Flikr, trying to get her blog removed or set to private. . .and then the supposed e-mail with Neal Karlinsky where she made herself look baaaaaad. I believe that it was a move by her legal team, if for no other reason,than to isolate her for awhile and make sure she doesn't self destruct.

MOO

ETA-That would all be private because of HIPPA, no?

Those area all good questions.

I don't know why, but for some reason my hinky radar suspects that JB is in some kind of mental health facility and has been for some time. She wasn't able to stay off the computer. . .Flikr, trying to get her blog removed or set to private. . .and then the supposed e-mail with Neal Karlinsky where she made herself look baaaaaad. I believe that it was a move by her legal team, if for no other reason,than to isolate her for awhile and make sure she doesn't self destruct.

MOO

ETA-That would all be private because of HIPPA, no?

BBM - Yes based on what I know of HIPPA laws that would be private and there would be no way to find out if she was in fact in a facility. It does make perfect sense, considering we haven't heard from her in some time. That could also be why LE is hesitant to file any kind of charge against her. MOO

A few questions keep nagging at me: Did Julia own a car? Did she borrow her brother's because her's was unavailable for some reason or did she not have one at all?
Also I wonder (logistically) how she got her brother's car? If he lives downtown and she's in Redmond, it seems likely he'd drive out to her place and have her drive him back downtown.

A couple months ago, SM and his lawyer did a radio show and the lawyer talked about the car (transcript is here). Apparently JB's brother drove the car out to her, and then he took the bus back home. He didn't even see the kids.

I'd love to know if she had borrowed his car in the past, or if this was the first time. SM's lawyer mentioned she had been getting rides from SJ.

Just wanted to jump in and say that my thoughts are with the locals as well as Sky today. I hope that this large storm system has not negatively affected your lives too much!

Jane Velez-Mitchell is asking on her facebook page what stories do we want her to cover. I suggested Sky Metalwala. Would any of you like to join me?

I continue to pray for Sky and his daddy and sister.

Where are you Sky? You are the cutest little dude I have ever seen!

A bit of good news coverage wise of Sky's case.

In a few hours I will be doing a recorded interview with Fox L.A. and Robin Sax. We'll be talking about Sky's case.

Then tomorrow (Friday) I'll be doing a live true crime round table with Levi, Robin and Fox L.A. It will be late in the evening.

We tried this last month and it was a disaster technical wise. I have been assured those problems are no more.

I'll post a link to the live interview (which will include the recorded interview I am about to do) as soon as they send it to me.

We are using something along the lines of SKYPE to talk to each other.

Anyway, it's something. Keeping little Sky's name out there is a must.

AND THANK YOU ALL for keeping Sky's name front and center.

The discussion is going to be about how the Internet affects true crime cases.

Thanks again,
Tricia

We need to do whatever it takes to keep this little man's story out there so thanks Tricia and yes KristiL, I will join you on JVM's FB.

Every time someone posts on Sky's thread or hits the 'thanks' button, I get my hope back that he will be found. Thank you for keeping Sky's thread alive and thank you for getting me pumped up again and again! Off to sleuth more for Sky....

Anyone have a screenshot of JB's facebook page? I suh-wear to goodness she added something to her facebook page. If she's inpatient somewhere, I guess she has access to the internet.....

Anyone? Anyone got a screenshot of how her facebook page looked a week or more ago?

Anyone have a screenshot of JB's facebook page? I suh-wear to goodness she added something to her facebook page. If she's inpatient somewhere, I guess she has access to the internet.....

Anyone? Anyone got a screenshot of how her facebook page looked a week or more ago?

I'm pretty sure she recently added a new friend (if you go to her wall, you will see the Justin Bieber rap is no longer at the top). I have a print out of her wall at work so I can confirm tomorrow morning.

I think that probably rules out the psychiatric facility as being a possible location for her to be. I wish she was under the jail!

Yes, the friend is new. The Bieber rap used to be at the top. Hmmm. . .:waitasec:

I'm pretty sure she recently added a new friend (if you go to her wall, you will see the Justin Bieber rap is no longer at the top). I have a print out of her wall at work so I can confirm tomorrow morning.

That's exactly what I thought -- I just couldn't confirm it because facebook lists "recent activity" for JB going back to March, 2010 since, I think, it's dependent on the number of posts, not on how "recent" time-wise the post actually was. Frustrating. But, if you think she added that friend (he went to school with her, I believe) in the past week (I know I check her page at least once a week), then she's around and trolling the internet.

Can anyone check the seeking arrangements site and let me know if she accessed her profile recently?

I think that probably rules out the psychiatric facility as being a possible location for her to be. I wish she was under the jail!

Not necessarily. Some facilities allow clients to use the internet, some even allow clients to use their own laptops with unlimited internet access. In my experience, the pricier hospitals tend to be the ones that have more 'perks' like internet access, but I've worked in less than 10 hospitals in the area so my experience there is limited. We know JB doesn't have any money so, if it's the case that money gets you perks like internet access (i.e. private pay hospitals or hospitals that insurance doesn't foot much of the bill), then she's probably not in the hospital. I could be wrong, though.

Weren't the television shows different before? I thought she had a crime show in the mix the first time I looked at it....way too long ago :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anaaaa555