WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh GrainneDhu . . . thank you for your fresh eyes and insight into this case! What a welcome relief to have some invigoration for our little man. I agree that if MM saw her brother (doll) wrapped in a blanket - LE would have found something in the nearby area. Also the clothing issue is a very good point . . . not only underweight people tend to get cold easily but also extra clothing could have been done to actually hide their emaciated bodies. If JB's precious child (MM) was "abducted" . . . . I imagine she would be screaming from the rooftops to have the public help find her . . . sadly - JB has not said anything to help find little Sky. My greatest fear is little Sky reminded JB too much of Solomon . . . and she was unable to control her hatred toward him.

Deliberately trying to hide their gauntness suggests that Julia had the perspective to see that there was something wrong with their appearance. I'm not so sure she had or has that perspective; I suspect she was too far lost in her mental illness(es) to be able to have that sort of objectivity.

The one thing that really stands out for me in this case is that MM said Sky was in the car that morning. I think we can rule out an incompetent interviewer, since the interviewer was from the FBI. If it were as simple as Julia telling MM repeatedly during that walk that Sky was in the car, I think the interviewer would have figured that one out real quick.

As for the length of the walk, I think MM's poor physical condition probably accounts for why it was so slow. Julia's condition was probably not good, either, so carrying MM for any distance would have been impossible for her. And Julia herself may not have been able to walk at a normal pace at that point.

I have had one, fairly creepy, thought about MM saying Sky was in the car. If Rougelatete's theory is true, that Sky died on or about 23 September that would give Julia plenty of time to plant some reality distortions in MM's mind. Specifically, what if Julia told her that Sky's blanket was Sky? If Julia went around the apartment holding the blanket as if it were a baby, talking to it as if it were a baby, etc, is it possible that Julia could have persuaded MM that the blanket was Sky? And then MM would be telling the truth: to MM, Sky was in the car that morning because the "Sky" blanket was there.

Rougelatete or any other expert in the field of mind, is this possible? Or have I read too many horror stories?

I have had one, fairly creepy, thought about MM saying Sky was in the car. If Rougelatete's theory is true, that Sky died on or about 23 September that would give Julia plenty of time to plant some reality distortions in MM's mind. Specifically, what if Julia told her that Sky's blanket was Sky? If Julia went around the apartment holding the blanket as if it were a baby, talking to it as if it were a baby, etc, is it possible that Julia could have persuaded MM that the blanket was Sky? And then MM would be telling the truth: to MM, Sky was in the car that morning because the "Sky" blanket was there.

Rougelatete or any other expert in the field of mind, is this possible? Or have I read too many horror stories?

SBM

I've wondered about this, too. I don't think it would be too hard for an adult to convince an unsuspecting child of something. JMO, and I look forward to hearing from someone with knowledge in this area.

GrainneDhu ~ Thank you so much for breathing some fresh air into this thread!

I absolutely, 100% believe that Julia could have convinced MM of any number of things, including that Sky was in the car that morning. We have to remember that MM was under Julia's psychological control from Day One -- from the day MM was born. MM never knew any environment other than the incredibly stifling one that JB provided. Consider everything we've read from SM's account of what it was like to live with JB (not being allowed to use his own bathroom, not being allowed to sleep in his own bed -- let alone enter the bedroom, not being able to store food in his own home). SM was an adult and had lived in other environments prior to moving in with JB. So, he knew that this behavior was abnormal (and, frankly, he was able to leave it for periods of time while he went to work and was eventually able to leave it altogether).

But, MM was immersed in that sick, suffocating environment nearly all day every day for her entire life -- with no opportunity to leave because she DEPENDED on the very person who was destroying her. If JB could have the kind of psychological control over a grown man, her husband, like she did over SM (to the point of controlling where he slept, ate, and used the bathroom), imagine what kind of psychological control she had over her minor child whom she'd controlled from Day One and who needed her to provide life's basic necessities. Others (i.e. JB's own mother) have testified to JB's uncanny ability to control them and one must wonder about the bizarre video in which we saw her brother, SB's, blank, robotic responses while she was hiding out with him following the breaking of the case.

The kind of psychological control JB likely had over MM is almost unfathomable. She may not have even needed to have a doll or a blanket to 'convince' MM that Sky was in the car. She could have simply said every time they got in the car that Sky was always in the car, no matter what. She could have threatened MM (and those threats would mean a lot to a child who is brainwashed and dependent on their provider) or she could have promised something like food.

We also need to consider that MM wasn't being fed and a brain and body starved for fuel and nutrition are not working properly at all. Additionally, consider how much MM's sense of reality was compromised. It's an educated guess, but I would wager that JB was often engaging in what the psychology-world refers to as a 'double-bind.' That is when a person (often a child) receives two or more messages that are conflicting -- and one message negates the other. The classic example of this is when a mother says "I love you" but then looks away in disgust. Double-binds really mess with a child's sense of reality. I could easily see MM telling her mother she is hungry and JB responding "I just fed you." MM knows she was not fed anytime recently but her mother's statement says otherwise -- and invalidates MM's belief that her body is telling her she is hungry. When a parent or caregiver frequently employs double-binds in their communication with a child, the child is unable to tell top from bottom, truth from lies, fantasy from reality -- about anything. I believe that happened with MM based on what we know from other testimony.

I hope that helps! And, I am grateful Sky's thread has been kicked up a notch in the past few days!!

Oh, and everything said here is strictly my own opinion.

GrainneDhu ~ Thank you so much for breathing some fresh air into this thread!

I absolutely, 100% believe that Julia could have convinced MM of any number of things, including that Sky was in the car that morning. We have to remember that MM was under Julia's psychological control from Day One -- from the day MM was born. MM never knew any environment other than the incredibly stifling one that JB provided. Consider everything we've read from SM's account of what it was like to live with JB (not being allowed to use his own bathroom, not being allowed to sleep in his own bed -- let alone enter the bedroom, not being able to store food in his own home). SM was an adult and had lived in other environments prior to moving in with JB. So, he knew that this behavior was abnormal (and, frankly, he was able to leave it for periods of time while he went to work and was eventually able to leave it altogether).

But, MM was immersed in that sick, suffocating environment nearly all day every day for her entire life -- with no opportunity to leave because she DEPENDED on the very person who was destroying her. If JB could have the kind of psychological control over a grown man, her husband, like she did over SM (to the point of controlling where he slept, ate, and used the bathroom), imagine what kind of psychological control she had over her minor child whom she'd controlled from Day One and who needed her to provide life's basic necessities. Others (i.e. JB's own mother) have testified to JB's uncanny ability to control them and one must wonder about the bizarre video in which we saw her brother, SB's, blank, robotic responses while she was hiding out with him following the breaking of the case.

The kind of psychological control JB likely had over MM is almost unfathomable. She may not have even needed to have a doll or a blanket to 'convince' MM that Sky was in the car. She could have simply said every time they got in the car that Sky was always in the car, no matter what. She could have threatened MM (and those threats would mean a lot to a child who is brainwashed and dependent on their provider) or she could have promised something like food.

We also need to consider that MM wasn't being fed and a brain and body starved for fuel and nutrition are not working properly at all. Additionally, consider how much MM's sense of reality was compromised. It's an educated guess, but I would wager that JB was often engaging in what the psychology-world refers to as a 'double-bind.' That is when a person (often a child) receives two or more messages that are conflicting -- and one message negates the other. The classic example of this is when a mother says "I love you" but then looks away in disgust. Double-binds really mess with a child's sense of reality. I could easily see MM telling her mother she is hungry and JB responding "I just fed you." MM knows she was not fed anytime recently but her mother's statement says otherwise -- and invalidates MM's belief that her body is telling her she is hungry. When a parent or caregiver frequently employs double-binds in their communication with a child, the child is unable to tell top from bottom, truth from lies, fantasy from reality -- about anything. I believe that happened with MM based on what we know from other testimony.

I hope that helps! And, I am grateful Sky's thread has been kicked up a notch in the past few days!!

Oh, and everything said here is strictly my own opinion.

So it's not likely that MM will ever be able to look back on her life with Julia and say "you know, Mom said this but it really wasn't true"? I imagine part of the problem would be that MM is still gaining verbal skills and is still at that age where it is normal for her to have feelings and thoughts she can't verbalise due to lack of language skills.

I can see why LE doesn't want to do a landfill search but in lieu of one, it is difficult to see what case they might be able to build against Julia.

So it's not likely that MM will ever be able to look back on her life with Julia and say "you know, Mom said this but it really wasn't true"? I imagine part of the problem would be that MM is still gaining verbal skills and is still at that age where it is normal for her to have feelings and thoughts she can't verbalise due to lack of language skills.

I can see why LE doesn't want to do a landfill search but in lieu of one, it is difficult to see what case they might be able to build against Julia.

Not necessarily. Now that MM is in a stable environment, she may be able to differentiate what was going on in her former life with JB. There have been reports that MM has begun to say certain things to SM and investigators -- information that sounds like it is valuable.

I also think LE is building a case against JB, including information gleaned from when her FoB was used at Veloce Apartments (dates, times, what rooms she accessed), I think they found evidence in their search of the park, and I think JB's friends and family have been secretly giving information to investigators. I am hopeful that they will be able to build a case -- and I think MM's testimony might be part of that case.

I believe we will see justice for Sky!

Well here you are big brown eyes . . . I found you on page 2 and I will take you back up the Sky Crew slide. It's Just Us for Justice little one . . . we won't give up on you!

I am so hopeful that MM was able to give LE some clues to follow to find this sweet child. It has been far too long (10 months) and still no word. Given Julia's significant OCD . . . it seems the landfill may be the only hope to finding Sky.

Is it time to send another email to LE to ask for an update? How long does it take before LE calls a case a "cold case"?

Little Sky - where are you?? I am so terribly sad that you have not yet been found and nobody has been brought to justice for your disappearance.

I hope that LE understands that "there is more than one way to skin a cat". Charges can be brought now for child neglect for little M. I wonder if Solomon has ever thought about bringing civil charges against Julia??

Little Sky - where are you?? I am so terribly sad that you have not yet been found and nobody has been brought to justice for your disappearance.

I hope that LE understands that "there is more than one way to skin a cat". Charges can be brought now for child neglect for little M. I wonder if Solomon has ever thought about bringing civil charges against Julia??

BBM: He should. Desiree's is going full steam ahead against Terri.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...-release-more-info-to-no-avail-169557556.html

The request was the latest move in Solomon Metalwala's desperate search for his 2-year-old son, who vanished last November.

"It's sad for us that we can't release (any more information) but good for us to know the investigation is still going forward," said Clay Terry, Solomon Metalwala's attorney.

"We have been been genuinely concerned since the child was reported missing that we have not received as a family any cooperation from the grandmother, brother, and two of the girlfriends that have been associated very closely with Julia," Terry said.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Sky-Metalwala-case-169539826.html

Attorney Clay Terry said police in Bellevue, Kirkland and Redmond continue to investigate the case.

Terry said Sky's mother Julia Biryukova, her brother and two of her friends have not helped in the search for Sky.

“In every effort we’ve made they are conspicuously absent,” he said. “And we don’t know why, and we’re asking that they come forward and tell us what they know.”

Im sorry Ive been "absent" Sky Crew :eek:. Ive been on a level 3 evacuation (if you go out,ya cant come back) notice for 4 days. Im not leavin my little house in the woods till the flames are knockin on my door! My dogs and I have been busy making a fireline around my house. Here I sit right smack in the middle of 4 wildfires... :hot:
No worries though...they brought in the helicoptors today and theyre dropping water on the fires!!!

Anyhow...Im so THRILLED to see that our handsome Sky is getting some new media attention!!!! YAY for Solomon!!!!
I couldnt help thinking, for the last few day,how much Sky would totally dig the fire trucks and all the big tanker rigs that have been making their way up the mountain. I can just see our little man out there climbing all over the trucks and wearing a fire fighters helmet! He would love all this (minus the danger,of course).

But despite the lack of leads in the case, the boy’s father said he remains positive.

So do we Solomon!!! :heartbeat: Lets bring our boy home!!

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...-release-more-info-to-no-avail-169557556.html

If ya'll dont mind me cutting in line...Id really like to take our boy up the steps on the slide tonight. ;)

Up we go Sky!!!!!

:heartbeat: Gatekeeper :grouphug: Stay safe!!!

We ARE positive - aren't we Sky Crew???

Bring Sky Home!!!

Be safe, there, GateKeeper! We're all sending you and the dogs good wishes!!

What a flurry of activity for Sky! What hope!! This is so needed right now.

"I still believe he is out there someplace," Solomon said. "Each day, we are getting closer to getting justice for Sky...and that day will come. And we have complete faith in these police departments."

~Solomon Metalwala~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members