WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Former prosecutor: Suspicion not enough to prosecute Sky Metalwala's mom

snips from article:
http://www.king5.com/news/cities/be...nough-to-prosecute-Skys-mother-177406601.html

And while the attorney for Sky’s father now says he believes Julia Biryukova probably killed her son, there have been no arrests.

“It could potentially be a bar down the road, let’s say two years from now, if police do in fact establish the child is dead and prosecutors then wish to charge her with homicide. It could be a problem,” Lee said.

Bellevue police refused requests for interviews saying they will release a short statement Tuesday. Calls to Biryukova’s attorney were not returned.

Former prosecutor: Suspicion not enough to prosecute Sky Metalwala's mom

snips from article:
http://www.king5.com/news/cities/be...nough-to-prosecute-Skys-mother-177406601.html

And while the attorney for Sky’s father now says he believes Julia Biryukova probably killed her son, there have been no arrests.

“It could potentially be a bar down the road, let’s say two years from now, if police do in fact establish the child is dead and prosecutors then wish to charge her with homicide. It could be a problem,” Lee said.

Bellevue police refused requests for interviews saying they will release a short statement Tuesday. Calls to Biryukova’s attorney were not returned.

For some reason I can't get the above link to work for me. It opens and then freezes my computer up.

Anyhoo, I was wondering about Soloman filing a wrongful death suit or something similiar to what Kyron's mom is doing. Was there any mention of something along those lines in the above link or has there been any talk of something like that happening to force Julia to talk?

I can't believe it's been a year and this case is still unsolved. Praying answers come soon.

Sky we want you to know that all of us here at Sky Crew are burning our candles today to light your way home to your daddy and sister. I pray for you everyday to be reunited with your family. Listening to the pain in your daddy's voice breaks my heart!
You have touched my heart in amazing ways and led me to this wonderful group WS. Each case I follow I remember that it was you that brought me here to be a part of WS's caring members.

I am angry! It has been one year since Sky was reported missing and yet he is not home. Where is the justice for Sky? Why does his dad and sister have to live with the pain of not knowing where Sky is at?

I am also praying for Solomon and M as this has to be a very difficult time for them.

Thank you to all of Sky Crew for all that you do!

There's an interview with Solomon at this link:

http://www.king5.com/news/local/sky...1-year-One-day-we-will-see-him-177497471.html

I still don't understand why Julia hasn't been charged with neglect for abandoning Sky when she took M and walked to the gas station.

BBM: FWIU, there is no evidence to support that Sky was ever in the car that morning. She lied! Her lies are obvious. They can't charge her with neglecting/abandoning Sky that morning when they don't feel he was in the car. It could "throw a wrench" into any future charges should evidence be located.

This is a quote from the article I posted above:

With that said: Why aren't they charging her with neglect for MM? She admittedly left M and Sky (although he could have already been gone) alone on the day she met for 12+ hours with the attorneys to discuss custody. She could be charged with the fact that MM apparently was not properly nourished while in her care.

Something has got to give!!! Charge her with things only related to MM!!

For some reason I can't get the above link to work for me. It opens and then freezes my computer up.

Anyhoo, I was wondering about Soloman filing a wrongful death suit or something similiar to what Kyron's mom is doing. Was there any mention of something along those lines in the above link or has there been any talk of something like that happening to force Julia to talk?

I can't believe it's been a year and this case is still unsolved. Praying answers come soon.

Here's the link again.

There is also a video of Solomon to the side. If that link doesn't work, go to king5.com and there is a link to the article located to the right of the home page photo.

One year already... I'm hoping you will come home to your daddy and sister little man! Sending prayers for your safe return.

Anything on the press conference from Bellvue Police??

JUSTICE FOR SKY!!

Attachments

• baby blue balloons for Sky.jpg
    baby blue balloons for Sky.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 4
To be blunt about it, this video breaks my freaking heart. I want so badly for Solomon to be reunited with his son and/or to have some answers. This poor man! His words are so sincere and heart-felt and I feel for his pain. How can those around him be so callous and cold?! How can they deny this man his answers and some measure of peace?! If only Solomon had been awarded full custody of Sky and M from the get-go. This NEVER would have happened. Just as last year, I find myself OUTRAGED. Such a travesty of the system. Such an abuse of power. Suck a sickening miscarriage of justice. Julia NEVER should have been allowed to watch those children for even an hour. Someone should pay for this.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/sky...1-year-One-day-we-will-see-him-177497471.html

BBM: FWIU, there is no evidence to support that Sky was ever in the car that morning. She lied! Her lies are obvious. They can't charge her with neglecting/abandoning Sky that morning when they don't feel he was in the car. It could "throw a wrench" into any future charges should evidence be located.

This is a quote from the article I posted above:

With that said: Why aren't they charging her with neglect for MM? She admittedly left M and Sky (although he could have already been gone) alone on the day she met for 12+ hours with the attorneys to discuss custody. She could be charged with the fact that MM apparently was not properly nourished while in her care.

Something has got to give!!! Charge her with things only related to MM!!

You are right. Although I don't believe Sky was ever in the car that day, I thought LE should accept Julia's admission to leaving Sky in the car and charge her with neglect. But, I suppose they can't charge someone for a crime they don't have evidence of even if a person confesses to that crime.

But, I agree and said earlier that I do think LE should charge Julia for neglect of MM. That would be a case entirely independent of Sky's disappearance. I don't know if the law differentiates between types of neglect? Leaving M (and maybe Sky) alone during the mediation was a one-time incident, but malnourishment was ongoing neglect and was documented when M was taken from Julia.

I also think Julia should be charged with obstructing justice because LE knows she lied about Sky being in the car, running out of gas and having mechanical failure. Plus, she has refused to tell the truth about Sky's whereabouts although it's evident, since she lied about him being in the car, that she does have some knowledge about Sky's whereabouts. Doesn't lying to and withholding information from LE constitute OOJ?

I was just on Soloman's Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/metalwala) and saw the sweetest photo he posted this past summer of our precious Sky. I hadn't seen it before so I had to share it here with the Sky Crew. His most recent post is also very touching (a prayer for Nov. 6th).

523595_400179920041409_545795604_n.jpg

http://www.bellevuereporter.com/news/177490861.html

It has been one year since Sky Metalwala, then age 2, disappeared, but the case is not closed. The Bellevue Police Department investigation is still open and active and the effort on this case has never stopped.

Im not giving up yet, And I DO believe LE is searching for answers...BUT,I wonder sometimes if Sky will ever be found...without Julia spilling the beans.

Awwww...they used my favorite pix of Sky for this article. Such a handsome little guy.!

Where are you sweet baby boy? I hope and pray you come home SOON AND SAFE!! :please:

Thank you, Bree0372. I was thinking more along the line of civil charges while the criminal investigation proceeds.

Has there been any talk of any civil charges against Julia?

Couldn't they get her for custody interference or something like that? Does Solomon have 'custody' of Sky? The love this man shows for his son is beautiful!

jmo

I may be on the other side of the country right now, but still thinking about you, Sky. One day closer.

Couldn't they get her for custody interference or something like that? Does Solomon have 'custody' of Sky? The love this man shows for his son is beautiful!

jmo

From what I remember reading, Solomon was granted visitation and Julia had gotten custody of the kids. Solomon now has full custody of M, and I suppose in a round about way, she is "technically" interfering with the assigned visitation of Sky. I just think, for some reason I can't understand, LE is handling Julia with kid gloves. I am speculating that it might be to say on "her good side" and hope that maybe someday she will crack and give up Sky's location. I doubt this will ever happen MOO, but I think they don't have much to hold onto right now, sadly :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC