WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never had children so help me here. Would he still be able to wear the same clothing 8 mos later? He only turned 2 in Sept?

I looked at tons of pictures of the kids and I never saw so many clothes with stripes on them. They had a ton of them. The mother must have been into that.

and are they saying she doesn't have a cell phone? I am aware that not everyone has a cell phone but she is young and I know she has one..why walk and why over an hour when just a mile down the road

The North Towne Chevron, a little less than a mile from the scene, said the woman called a friend from the gas station to come get her.

http://www.nwcn.com/news/washington...-to-take-second-polygraph-test-133433438.html

and are they saying she doesn't have a cell phone? I am aware that not everyone has a cell phone but she is young and I know she has one..why walk and why over an hour when just a mile down the road

The North Towne Chevron, a little less than a mile from the scene, said the woman called a friend from the gas station to come get her.

http://www.nwcn.com/news/washington...-to-take-second-polygraph-test-133433438.html

it was reported she didn't have a phone with her... but who knows if she left a phone at home, etc...

and that's what I think happened here. She hid her son because whatever threats were made against him, not their daughter.

Just because this family lives in the US doesn't mean they don't have different family traditions/ cultural experiences and beliefs.

Nope, the state is the guardian when children are in foster care, but parents still make major decisions unless a judge determines otherwise. Foster parents have no rights.

They do have some rights. Remember when you fill out the school forms where you consent to photography, emergency medical care, permission to attend field trips, etc., there is a space where you have to circle "parent", "foster parent" "other". I don't know if a foster parent could override the stated desire of the parent, but maybe Julia hasn't been asked?

An article of a woman who helps parents take their children underground, for good measure.

http://dartcenter.org/content/children-underground-2

So this is the woman who hides the children. This is the nemesis of the FBI and the Center for Missing and Exploited Children, the darling of the Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Mothers Against Sexual Abuse

To some, what Yager does is patently illegal and outrageous. To others, it is an act of profound mercy. She helps mothers - and sometimes, fathers - abduct their own children, after they have failed to convince a judge that the other parent is abusing those children, usually by sexually molesting them.

Yea, well she has two children. And only one is missing. Her daughter now is in foster care. So they idea that somebody is hiding the live child doesn't make much sense to me.

I don't know either.

It does seem, from their recent statements, that LE believes the family knows where this child is.

From that link (bbm):

Okay, this scares me. ALOT. Someone bruised that child, and if the dad was cleared, that only leaves one other likely person... trying to build a case.

CPS and social workers are often wrong about marks on a child, they also (sadly) fudge records sometimes to cover their own butts. I've seen it happen several times. IMO The "bruise" that everyone is talking about in the photos, is a "stork bite", from birth. and if the mother was suspected of "bruising" her son, DSHS would have had more to say about it.

Do we know where the family attended church?

I believe I saw that info on JB's FB page, don't have time to search for it tho. It was a Christian, I believe, non-denominational church that she seemed pretty involved in. Wonder if her church family knows about any abuse and is helping? IMO

They do have some rights. Remember when you fill out the school forms where you consent to photography, emergency medical care, permission to attend field trips, etc., there is a space where you have to circle "parent", "foster parent" "other". I don't know if a foster parent could override the stated desire of the parent, but maybe Julia hasn't been asked?

I wouldn't call those "rights". Those are basic needs for the children. I've been a foster parent for years. There are some really great social workers who will work with reputable foster parents in helping make decisions for the best interest of the children in their care.

Doesn't make her family and upbringing any less European.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/bellevue-police-search-missing-2-year-old/nFXM6/

I really must be viewing something different than everyone else here. This man doesn't shed ONE tear, he does NOT look very upset and he sounds like he's full of it. IMO

BBM

Maybe what you are seeing with the father is the same thing that I am seeing with the uncle. I honestly don't know what it is, but while I believe the father much more than I believe the mother at this point (especially after the blog tapes), I just am not seeing the level of concern that there should be in the uncle. If my little nephew were missing I would be a hysterical mess. Just thinking about it makes me want to throw up. The father seems a little off to me, but that may just be his mannerisms or his personality. I don't know. He just seems weird to me, but that in no way, IMO, has anything to do with this child's disappearance. But maybe all of this is because none of them believe that there is really anything wrong with the child and they all believe that she hid him somewhere. They know her far better than we do and truly, only mom and dad know what has really gone on as far as abuse and mental illness goes.

Even if all of this were not going on and I were just a local who knew both of them, I would not believe that everything he was telling me was 100% truthful and that there was no exaggeration and I certainly would not believe that everything that she told me was 100% truthful with no exaggeration. Especially not after this absurd story about leaving him in the car again. While I do not agree with even entering a 7-11 for 2 minutes while leaving any of my children in the car, there is a HUGE difference (to me) between leaving your child in the parking lot of Target and leaving your child in a neighborhood you don't live in with the doors unlocked and walking .65 of a mile away. No way.

Regardless, if the mother thinks that hiding this child, harming this child and thinking she will get away with it, or even the remote possibility that she was honest and really did leave this baby and he was legitimately taken by a stranger is going to help her AT ALL in keeping her daughter she better have a really good lawyer, because I don't know that she will ever regain custody again after this.

I just am not seeing the level of concern that there should be in the uncle.

Because he likely knows where the child is. You know, now that I think more about this... I think the dad also knows she hid Sky...

For the dad to be involved:

- the mom had to leave this child AGAIN (not likely after getting caught before, etc)
- the dad had to somehow drain gas or cut the gas line (without being detected)
- the dad had to follow mom (without being detected)
- the dad had to somehow believe the mom would leave one or both children behind
- the dad had to take the child unnoticed

I'm just not buying that all those pieces fell together. I don't think he's involved.

I'm thinking mom was driving around for quite a while that morning - who knows where, until she eventually ran out of gas as hoped .. moo

Is anyone here from the Ukraine or Pakistan? I wonder if someone could give us some insight as to cultures and beliefs... even the demeanor of dad and uncle could be explained. Maybe. IDK

OK so......

LE believes it's foul play.

LE says parents are not suspects.

LE says someone close to the family knows what happened to Sky.

Why would she make up the gas story? If she's not involved, who took him and why?

Bingo! Even if somehow one of the family members took the child without her consent, her gas story and throwing LE off of the true place that the child was last seen makes her an accomplice after the fact at the very least. Makes no sense.

For the dad to be involved:

- the mom had to leave this child AGAIN (not likely after getting caught before, etc)
- the dad had to somehow drain gas or cut the gas line (without being detected)
- the dad had to follow mom (without being detected)
- the dad had to somehow believe the mom would leave one or both children behind
- the dad had to take the child unnoticed

I'm just not buying that all those pieces fell together. I don't think he's involved.

I agree, but he sure has set up her character.

If the mother has OCD, why didn't she check, and recheck, the child sitting in the car, as she walked off, down the road? (That is..if she really left him there.) Had she checked on him, she would have thought/worried about several things. Was the child strapped in? Did she lock the car door? Is it really safe to leave a toddler unattended in car, along side the road??!? People with OCD worry, and worry.

In my opinion, the mother wasn't too worried about leaving her child, alone, in an unlocked car.

OCD behaviors are very person-specific. She may not have "checking" behaviors (making sure the door is locked, the stove is off, the baby is strapped in, etc). She may have other expressions of OCD like extreme cleanliness, worried thoughts, fear of germs, counting/sorting/organizing items, etc.

CPS and social workers are often wrong about marks on a child, they also (sadly) fudge records sometimes to cover their own butts. I've seen it happen several times. IMO The "bruise" that everyone is talking about in the photos, is a "stork bite", from birth. and if the mother was suspected of "bruising" her son, DSHS would have had more to say about it.

(snip)

I do think that is true. However, I'm thinking back to other instances --- the mom says the dad hit her, the mom says the dad hit the daughter, the mom says dad hit Sky. It seems that if that were true, then at least one of those instances would be substantiated by CPS.

On the audiotape, the mom says something about the daughter not knowing how to lie. The dad responds to the mom 'you do' or something like that. I believe that is what is going on here. And that is hard to say, as a child psychologist and having called CPS myself about more than one child.

Because he likely knows where the child is. You know, now that I think more about this... I think the dad also knows she hid Sky...

That would be nice, but sadly, I don't think that is the case. I think that would require at least some level of cooperation. And with these two, I don't see any level of cooperation--especially after 11 hours of mediation. Unless you mean that he knows where she would likely hide him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tillygirl