WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Overwhelmed with sadness here for both children. Sky who may no longer be alive and for his sister who must be going through such a traumatic time right now.

How can anyone do this to their children? :cry:

Thanks, I didn't think it aired Sat night, nice to have it confirmed that I wasn't having memory problems.

Which is even more disturbing imo. She may have watched that episode and planned this since Oct 19th. :(

First 3 minutes of the Law and Order Episode ... someone stole my car, my baby was in the back seat.

Holy poop!

Really? Are we sure that's the right episode? That's not the same thing at all, and in fact that happens quite frequently and the babies are dropped off somewhere safe when it happens.

That' a COMPLETELY different story than someone coming along, and stealing the baby out of a parked car. In carjackings, the carjacker doesn't seem aware that the baby is in there too, does NOT intend to steal a child, just a car.

I really wish we knew:

Was little M sitting in a booster seat in the same row as Sky would have been or was she sitting in the front seat?

Did LE utilize HRD dogs on that car? Are they using the right dogs? (there are dogs that can track scents from people IN CARS!)

First 3 minutes of the Law and Order Episode ... someone stole my car, my baby was in the back seat.

Holy poop!
Patty, for you to say "poop" it must be a doozy... (nurse is off to watch)

Right, but I think some of that is deserved. He apologized for being misleading this morning - that purse thing was a pretty big issue - and I'm glad he made right on that.

I can't figure out how to think about the gas situation. She's not stupid. If she were going to fake running out of gas, she's surely drive until she DID run out of gas. It seems possible that an electrical problem occurred in the car, causing it to shut off, and she assumed she'd run out of gas because the needle was very near empty.

Otherwise, if you're going to fake running out of gas, and in fact your car was still running fine, WHY would you park on that very very dangerous piece of road? Why not drive closer to your destination where it's safer to get out and walk? Truthfully, she was in really grave danger of being hit where she parked that car.

What a puzzle.

I really, really do like this guy though. I trust that what he is saying he believes to be the truth.

I like Johnson too. Reminds me of LE in the Brittney Mae Smith case. They had pressers everyday too. Witness found her and Jeffrey in CA from the NG show.

Really? Are we sure that's the right episode? That's not the same thing at all, and in fact that happens quite frequently and the babies are dropped off somewhere safe when it happens.

That' a COMPLETELY different story than someone coming along, and stealing the baby out of a parked car. In carjackings, the carjacker doesn't seem aware that the baby is in there too, does NOT intend to steal a child, just a car.

She couldn't get anyone to steal her car but I bet she was hoping someone would. Her story would make a lot more sense. If you watch the clip, it mentions "someone is lying" or something like that.

I like Johnson too. Reminds me of LE in the Brittney Mae Smith case. They had pressers everyday too. Witness found her and Jeffrey in CA from the NG show.

Um hm. They're very similar. Respectful, humble, truthful, appreciative of the powerful impact the media and the pubic can have in solving the case.

I like that attitude so much better than LE departments where they just wish the media would GO AWAY and they have no desire at all to involve the public in helping out to find the child.

Overall, this episode was quite different from the usual SVU formula in that no actual crime was committed. Most of the episode dealt with the questioning of Ally and Tim, leaving the audience to assume and try to figure out which one of the couple was lying. However, "Missing Pieces" was successful in presenting a new angle (SIDS), whereby no one gets prosecuted because no one was guilty, despite the tragedy.
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/law-order-svu-missing-pieces-presents-sudden-infant-195700797.html

her "illness" claims are making me nervous after reading ^^^^^^^ that

She couldn't get anyone to steal her car but I bet she was hoping someone would. Her story would make a lot more sense. If you watch the clip, it mentions "someone is lying" or something like that.

Interesting. She left it unlocked for a reason, it seems, maybe she WAS hoping someone would steal it.

I just don't see the similarity in Law and Order and this case. Does everyone else here remember numerous cases where moms said their cars were stolen with the baby inside? I sure do. And I don't think I remember a single case where the babies were harmed.

Except Susan Smith, but of course, her car WASN'T stolen.

The part of the episode which might be similar is that the story was staged. They pretended that the child was stolen with the car because, in fact, the child had already died and was buried by the parents before staging the crime scene, and pretending the child had been left in the car.

Interesting. She left it unlocked for a reason, it seems, maybe she WAS hoping someone would steal it.

I just don't see the similarity in Law and Order and this case. Does everyone else here remember numerous cases where moms said their cars were stolen with the baby inside? I sure do. And I don't think I remember a single case where the babies were harmed.

Except Susan Smith, but of course, her car WASN'T stolen.

I don't think the ending in this case will turn out to be as in L&O episode.

I still have hope but fading quickly. I'm shocked they haven't brought in cadaver dogs or checked the land fills. Anybody know why they would wait?

The part of the episode which might be similar is that the story was staged. They pretended that the child was stolen with the car because, in fact, the child had already died and was buried by the parents before staging the crime scene, and pretending the child had been left in the car.

I can see that, so yeah, I agree.

But I thought this episode would be STRIKINGLY similar, that is, a mom pretended to have car trouble, pretended to be on the way to the emergency room with a sick child, and pretended to go get help and then come back and pretended to be surprised that her baby has been kidnapped.

As it is, this episode is just like, parents pretended their kid was kidnapped.

I don't know. In my mind, it's not "just like this case" at all. IMHO.

Here's a detailed synopsis of the Missing Pieces episode. Since my kids are sitting around, I decided to read it rather than watch the episode...

http://allthingslawandorder.blogspot.com/2011/10/law-order-svu-missing-pieces-recap.html

ETA: At the end of the episode when LE finds out the baby died of SIDS and tells the parents, LE is then discussing what charges to file. They decide to just send them home. I wonder if Julia is thinking her "story" will play out the same way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966