WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
was this a spiteful act by mom: certainly a theory that we will look into when the time is right. Sky is still a missing person.

no breaking news today.
no contact from Sky's mother today

will find out cost of manhours
will find out if mother will be liable for costs of case

anything come into sharper image into the whereabouts of Sky: No not really. (sounds like weekend searches will be very telling to the public)

calling mother a "liar" for lying about gas in car is "harsh"

Maybe they are trying to jar her into a reaction...I mean, clearly it was a lie. I don't know how one could be mistaken about your car being out of gas, and even if you did think so for a moment or two, the natural panic of such an event would lead one to try to start the car several times, I would think...especially with babies in the car.

Good afternoon
I've been asked to repeat questions. 10 minutes for this briefing.
Updating from this morning, we'll be working throughout the weekend. Question this morning about DNA. It's a very valuable investigative tool. We are using it to match trace evidence to people that are known to the family.
The ransom note is in the hands of investigators. We do not believe that's a credible lead.
Q: Is there anything new from this morning, have you heard from Sky's mother?
A: There have been things but I wouldn't categorize them as breaking news. And no we haven't heard from Sky's mother yet.

How much are the man hours costing the department?
Don't have the answer.

(didn't hear the last question that he had no answer to)
Is anything coming into sharper focus according to Sky's whereabouts? No, not really.
There's some activity coming this weekend that you'll know about when it's time that will hopefully give us some more answers, cross things off our checklist.

Q: Does the fact that the car have gas in it and operate fine make mom look like a liar?
I'm not going to accuse mom of anything at this point. I'll just let the evidence speak to itself. There was gas in the car and it operated fine, that's not what Julia told us.

Q: What's keeping us from calling Julia a suspect?
There's things we need to cross off the list before we can do that.

What are you talking about regarding this weekend?
There's some things in the works that will be out in the communities about this incident. We're hesitant to release it ahead of time so nothing gets in the way of that. But we'll inform you when.

The family is putting up fliers, they are aware. It is helpful, could be helpful.

Q: Does this case strike you as different from other cases (missing person cases)
The police department is baffled by Julia's story. We're frustrated with the lack of information we're getting from her, though we continue to reach out. We want to find this little boy.

Q: What are the real options to what happened to this child?
Kidnapping, abduction, lost, custody battle that got involved with one family member taking them. We're thinking about all those things you're thinking about and none of them are ruled off the list.

Unfortunately the reality is that Sky may have fallen into some very unfortunate circumstances. We hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Something about Cadaver dogs—if he would have died in the apartment would they have been able to tell you? He believes so, he doesn't believe there are any powerful investigative leads that came out of the search there. But doesn't want to comment much on that.

We've used other agencies, reached out to other agencies.
Have we been able to narrow the two week window of time when Sky was last seen? We've been able to obtain some information that hopefully will be able to narrow that down, but I can't now. This is at the top of our priority list.

FBI helping to track down folks that are difficult for us to reach in Bellevue.

Change in tactics in regard to Julia? At this point, no, until we rule out all our options we won't change our tactics.
Won't talk about SM second polygraph.

Q: Was there a cultural component that would lead to family blocking information for each other?
Interesting theory, first I've heard of it.
Q: Was this a spiteful act by the mother? A theory we'll look at when the time is right, at this time Sky is a missing person.
Biggest story for us in Bellevue since I've worked here in 20 years, aside from being a bit of a distraction with the national media being a time pull time draw for us, it's also helpful. We have the help of experts that are not going through this for the first time which helps immensely.

I'm betting the FBI has contacted Interpol.

ingra, you are a wiz! Even with the lil bits I get, I am frantically trying to catch it all!! (Tho being dyslexic probably doesn't help!)

She's kind of a weird recluse, IMHO. Also, it seems to be her habit to go out without them.

I wonder. When was the last time anyone saw M? If no one has seen M either, it's less suspicious because that just points to the fact that she leaves her kids while she goes on about her life - not necessarily that the child was missing long before reported.

At an earlier press conference it was said that nobody had seen either child in the two weeks, so I think you're right. She just leaves her kids home whenever she goes out. :banghead:

Sounds like they may know where to search if:

- they have some folks going into the community this weekend but don't want to hinder anything
- they're having a hard time reaching some people in Bellevue (as if there are *specific* people they're trying to reach)

ingra, you are a wiz! Even with the lil bits I get, I am frantically trying to catch it all!! (Tho being dyslexic probably doesn't help!)

It really helps to read yours,also, because I'm trying to remember things and type at the same time, so you are filling in things I miss. Thanks to everyone for transcribing!

I didn't before but you're right. And for those of us that know diapers ....they can hold a lot of pee-pee. Usually if they leak, they leak out the sides and just in spots. For it to soak through like that, either that's an all day diaper or she/they had him in training underwear/pants and he had an accident.

I don't think he would have been old enough in that photo for training pants or pull ups. He's still wearing snap up jeans for easy diaper changes (do they make those over a size 24 mo's?) and his little ankles barely reach the edge of the seat part of the bench.

In all of the photo's he looks like he still has what my neighbors called the diaper bulge. IOW, I never even said anything to my neighbors when my son was out of diapers and they could tell right away and commented, "No more diapers"! It wasn't until they mentioned it, I noticed how much more room he had in the seat of his pants.

His shirt appears to be nicely pressed, but it just kind of confirms to me she was lazy with the basic parenting necessities.

Toilet training or not, I always had a spare outfit when we were out. When toilet training if we were going to be gone for hours, I brought two spare outfits.

[/B]

Maybe they are trying to jar her into a reaction...I mean, clearly it was a lie. I don't know how one could be mistaken about your car being out of gas, and even if you did think so for a moment or two, the natural panic of such an event would lead one to try to start the car several times, I would think...especially with babies in the car.

IMO, JB's story is ridiculous. She claimed she was out of gas. Examination of her car showed that she wasn't out of gas, nor were any mechanical problems discovered by LE when they drove her car.

I don't think Sky was in the car that day, despite what the 4 year old was told or thinks she remembers.

IMO, JB's story is ridiculous. She claimed she was out of gas. Examination of her car showed that she wasn't out of gas, nor were any mechanical problems discovered by LE when they drove her car.

I don't think Sky was in the car that day, despite what the 4 year old was told or thinks she remembers.

BBM. I agree. Sadly, I think all big sister saw was mom carrying something (other than her brother) in a bundle under a blanket and was told it was her brother. :(

It falls in line with the oldest story in the book, hiding something under blankets to make it appear as if someone is in the bed.

I don't think he would have been old enough in that photo for training pants or pull ups. He's still wearing snap up jeans for easy diaper changes (do they make those over a size 24 mo's?) and his little ankles barely reach the edge of the seat part of the bench.

In all of the photo's he looks like he still has what my neighbors called the diaper bulge. IOW, I never even said anything to my neighbors when my son was out of diapers and they could tell right away and commented, "No more diapers"! It wasn't until they mentioned it, I noticed how much more room he had in the seat of his pants.

His shirt appears to be nicely pressed, but it just kind of confirms to me she was lazy with the basic parenting necessities.

Toilet training or not, I always had a spare outfit when we were out. When toilet training if we were going to be gone for hours, I brought two spare outfits.

I agree he looks young for toilet training, but I've known women who who gung-ho trying to do it way before the baby is ready, and not using plastic training pants over the training underwear. It probably is a leaking diaper, though. I was just trying to cover the bases.

But seriously, I remember right after I had my daughter, my husband brought my 2 1/2 year-old son to the hospital to see me and the baby. My hubby was/is very hands on and had no problem changing even the worst diapers. But unless it stunk, he'd forget to check if he was dry, especially if they were out and about during the day like they were this day. Anyway, he brought my son to me with what felt like a 5 pound water balloon attached to him....and no diaper bag. His diaper STILL hadn't leaked through his clothes, even though it was full full full of liquid. Lol, we had to squeeze him into one of his new sister's infant diapers, you know, while I was lecturing my husband about checking diapers and grabbing the diaper bag before he leaves, etc.... :crazy:

no breaking news today.
no contact from Sky's mother today

will find out cost of manhours
will find out if mother will be liable for costs of case

anything come into sharper image into the whereabouts of Sky: No not really. (sounds like weekend searches will be very telling to the public)

calling mother a "liar" for lying about gas in car is "harsh"

BBM. Am I interpreting this as it appears? No working speakers here, but this sounds like they are already hinting that if mom is lying she will be charged with the cost of the investigation like Casey was in her daughters case? Is that how it sounded listening?

Her story is outlandish and not believable...why? That is what is hard to figure. The running out of gas bit was so easily proven not to be true. She had left this child alone before, why not say she left them in the apartment for a short time, and when she returned he was gone? Or that she left him in the car to run into a store, for example, and he was gone? Why make up something so easily proven false? She could even have said he was taken while she slept, for that matter...we know how hard that seems to be to disprove...

They were able to arrest Casey right away for lying to the police. Why haven't they arrested JB? They have proof she has lied (at the very least).

They were able to arrest Casey right away for lying to the police. Why haven't they arrested JB? They have proof she has lied (at the very least).

Casey was more hands on.. especially when she took LE to 'her office' and then finally told them she didn't work at universal.

I think that's why mom and her atty will not respond to LE's request to meet in person with both.

I really think she thought her story would be believable, because it wasn't a lie the first time she and SM left Sky in the car for close to an hour when he was an infant. Kind of like an 'oops, I made the same mistake again and didn't learn the first time'. Interestingly again she claims to have been gone an hour, close to the 55 minutes Sky was left as an infant.

jmo

Her story is outlandish and not believable...why? That is what is hard to figure. The running out of gas bit was so easily proven not to be true. She had left this child alone before, why not say she left them in the apartment for a short time, and when she returned he was gone? Or that she left him in the car to run into a store, for example, and he was gone? Why make up something so easily proven false? She could even have said he was taken while she slept, for that matter...we know how hard that seems to be to disprove...

I agree, it's inexplicable. Mysterious. BUT, some faction of LE must be thinking, it's possible there was an air pocket in the fuel hose that resolved, or some other thing that resolved. This is an old car, and I am in charge of my 3 son's old cars, and stuff comes and goes in those cars. They start, they don't start, they start again. So there must be some component of LE that has 13 year old cars - and they have a shadow of a doubt that something happened to that car that caused it to quit, and then it got resolved.

I think it was very smart on the part of LE that they didn't add gas. That would leave open the defense door that there was something wrong with the gas in the tank. They were driving around on that same gas she was.

It is much better not to arrest JB right now and let the investigation go forward. They are keeping an eye on her so she is not going to go anywhere.

What scares me are the number and size of bodies of water in the area Sky went missing. If mom was smart enough to leave for the hospital that morning without her cell, who's to say she didn't dispose him without her cell phone either. And if she watched that episode of Law and Order SVU - which included a cooler (iirc) who's to say she did not dispose of him in water with something to weight a container down and keep it down?

I wonder if anyone asked big sister about Sky's illness. A description of his symptoms. When she last saw him before mommy was carrying him wrapped in a blanket. I sure hope she is some help to establish if he was alive and well the day prior to his disappearance. Even maybe by describing a child's program that LE can verify at what time and what episode aired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie