WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if Solomon wasn't allowed to use the restroom at his own home where did he go first thing in the morning and just before he went to...well not bed but made up bed on the floor. At the house they had a yard but what about when they lived in the condo? Did he just trot next door or down the street or ..well what?

I'm not sure I want to know. I have nothing but sympathy for what he went through - it's outrageous.

Let's think outside the box for a minute ~ can you imagine what people would be saying if a father made his kids or wife go outside instead of using the bathroom, even in winter? We'd be screaming "abuse" to the heavens. :twocents:

Women can be abusive too. JMOO

And again, I'm not mocking her mental illness, and I'm certainly not laughing about it. This is a tragic situation, and I'm baffled at why she had custody of these children under the circumstances. It's a real shame.

Here is what fascinates me -everyone (all the news, NG, etc.) says, and goes on and on about the "factoids" that the mother left the baby in the car unattended for one hour that morning. NG, for one, goes on and on about "how can you leave your baby for one second, let alone a sick baby [when with my twins I can't stand to be away ... etc.etc.etc.?" -but everyone states it as FACT -i.e that Sky was left alone for one hour on Sunday morning along while Mom and sister where venturing off for gas. It is consistently stated as FACT. How do they KNOW this, and why do they REPORT THIS? IMO, this is NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST a fact. This is a fairy tale that the mentally ill mother states. So many have gone on and on and on about how a Mom can leave a kid in the car, but I don't think it ever happened at all. Solomon himself said that as soon as a kid even pooped a diaper, that it would be removed from the apartment straight away. Does anyone think that she kept around a dead body in her apartment for one second in her mentally ill, OCD state? Seems that would just about kill her.

I don't think he was in the car at all that day...jmho

Last sentence BBM - You could very well be right. In my experience people lie to make themselves look better, not worse. In this case, if saying you left your baby on the side of the road is a lie, then the reality must be truly terrible.

Here is what fascinates me -everyone (all the news, NG, etc.) says, and goes on and on about the "factoids" that the mother left the baby in the car unattended for one hour that morning. NG, for one, goes on and on about "how can you leave your baby for one second, let alone a sick baby [when with my twins I can't stand to be away ... etc.etc.etc.?" -but everyone states it as FACT -i.e that Sky was left alone for one hour on Sunday morning along while Mom and sister where venturing off for gas. It is consistently stated as FACT. How do they KNOW this, and why do they REPORT THIS? IMO, this is NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST a fact. This is a fairy tale that the mentally ill mother states. So many have gone on and on and on about how a Mom can leave a kid in the car, but I don't think it ever happened at all. Solomon himself said that as soon as a kid even pooped a diaper, that it would be removed from the apartment straight away. Does anyone think that she kept around a dead body in her apartment for one second in her mentally ill, OCD state? Seems that would just about kill her.

I don't think he was in the car at all that day...jmho

Maybe not, but the bigger picture is that she left him somewhere.

<Mod Snip>

And this child is still missing and she knows where he is. That's what makes people feel outraged about all this jerking around and time wasting. Where is he? It's infuriating.

Last sentence BBM - You could very well be right. In my experience people lie to make themselves look better, not worse. In this case, if saying you left your baby on the side of the road is a lie, then the reality must be truly terrible.

Agrees it could be that "leaving" him the car was the lesser of two evils. Which means the fate of poor little Sky is sealed sadly by the non compliance of the Mother.

Maybe not, but the bigger picture is that she left him somewhere.

<Mod Snip>.

And this child is still missing and she knows where he is. That's what makes people feel outraged about all this jerking around and time wasting. Where is he? It's infuriating.

<Mod Snip> So why is everyone reporting her, "story" as fact, and not saying that she "allegedly left him, or that "according to the mother, she left him" - It did not happen. Solomon sensed this from Day one -yes, and she is wasting so much time and money and resources and the public's outrage -just as others who shall not be named have done in the past. And how the WHO do they get away with this. I see it happening all over again here in the northwest -just like with Kyron- daily news conferences, top news, police overtime, everyone doing their job...top story moving to third, then fourth story, then LE having to justify spending to the public...the 20/20 shows, etc., etc., barf. and then there is one woman sitting there with the key to the kingdom. Usch. Fy fan.

BBM. Yes Indeed!!! I agree 100%! I just can't see how that child could be in that car alone for an hour and no one noticed the supposed "abduction". Someone would have seen something.

If another car pulled up by the "out of gas" car, people would notice, like rubberneckers always do.

Or of someone walking by had happened upon the car they would have had to walk along the road in full view and could hardly conceal a 2 year old child.

What are the chances that someone would come upon a car with a kid in it and take the kid?

I'd be willing to say that 99% of people would have called 911. How convenient that a kidnapper just happened to come upon him. What a fairy tale.

Sadly I wouldn't be surprised if Julia had stuffed him neatly in a box and disposed of whether he was alive or dead. Say for instance he had a particularly dirty diaper or was messy or something. I can imagine her compulsively bundling up the entire mess, including the child and disposing of him in her meticulously neat OCD way. It saddens me to think of that but I do.

(snip) What are the chances that someone would come upon a car with a kid in it and take the kid?

I'd be willing to say that 99% of people would have called 911. How convenient that a kidnapper just happened to come upon him. What a fairy tale.

Exactly. The boy was never in the car that morning. (imo)

Like others have stated before I really wonder about J's upbringing.I'm sure we would find a lot of the answers into her declining mental state there.I do suspect that she grew up poor and there was probably some sort of abuse most likely sexual but not necessarily.We're already hearing about a complicated relationship between her and her mother and I'm just thinking uuughh please not another Cindy/Casey type scenario.I wonder if she is staying with her mother now?

Her upbringing could give some hints to whatever "supposedly" triggered any mental issues, perhaps her family was abusive. The trigger was during the marriage, so that is the most important place to look. I get the feeling that that marriage was not a kind and loving one. Let's not forget we have only heard 1 strange side of the story, that I know of, and not much from the other side. Having been in an incredibly abusive relationship when I was younger, I know how charming and how rapidly someone can tell the world lies, and everyone believes it. You can't say anything b/c you have been threatened never to say anything or further punishment (possibly worse) will be next. Finally, after 23 years, at my daughter's wedding, that abusive ex's parents pulled me aside (yes he was there as he is the father of DD) and apologized for not seeing and not helping. I did not need the apology, but they did not see until he did it again with someone else, once we divorced. He was very charming, and all the bruises were my fault, I fell or was just clumsy. All the abuse was making me crazy. I was not allowed to eat, not allowed to go anywhere, not allowed to have friends, forced to do many things. So, just saying, the marriage is where he says she snapped, there was a trigger there. Just another angle to view.

My concern is the flight risk as well and if she didn't harm Sky, there is a good possibility that he's overseas. Perhaps using a fake passport!
Even with a fake passport I think overseas unlikely. Depending on location a visa would also need to be issued by the embassy or consulate. It would require a fake passport and falsified custodial agreement...which the embassy/consulate do confirm through the courts. Not impossible but it does make it less likely. JMO and FWIW

TY so much for your input, Rouge!

I would like your professional opinion regarding patients who have been diagnosed with severe OCD, bi-polar disorder, and depression.

It seems to me that the co-morbidity of Julia's diagnosed mental illnesses may have made it impossible for her to make rational decisions - especially rational decisions regarding herself & her children.

It's distressing to read the derogatory comments about JB, since (according to her husband) she has been diagnosed with multiple mental illnesses - OCD, bi-polar disorder, and depression. My heart breaks for this family.

Mental illness is a very real affliction - and those who suffer from it are not "psycho" or "crazy" or "evil" or any of the other pejorative terms that have been used recently to describe JB.

No one chooses to be afflicted with mental illness, anymore than one chooses to be afflicted with Alzheimer's disease or Dementia.
Respectfully there are different levels of mental illness. Admittedly I do not and cannot see anxiety disorders, schizophrenia or depression in the same light as a cluster b personality disorder. I am quite biased in this having been married to someone dx'd as co-morbid NPD/APD. Evil could not begin to describe him.

Further, Darlie Routier; Diane Downs; Casey Anthony; Susan Smith are all, by definition of the DSM, mentally ill.
I'm here and been here from the start. :seeya:

Speculation on your part. Some are suggesting the photos were staged. There is no evidence that they were. None.

He obviously didn't get his daughter now either. He got supervised visits. There is obviously something wrong with him not getting full unsupervised custody.
I disagree. SM has not had visitation with M for nearly a year. It is quite common for courts to initiate a slow re-entry of the NCP before extending visitation and custody.

His job is to find his son not bash his soon to be ex wife on national television telling the viewers he wasn't allowed to use the commode. How does that help find Sky? Seriously. Who cares? I'm actually sick of seeing him. I think it's self serving and does nothing to help find Sky. He should do something productive like organize a search or call SAR organization.

Leave Julia to the experts and LE.
His lack of bashing is part of what allows me to conclude he isn't an abuser. While he has explained, reluctantly in my opinion, their ordeals he has never deflected blame onto her. A good example is owning up to leaving Sky in the car at 3 months and expressing remorse and regret. He easily could have deferred the responsibility to JB. He chose not to.

A poster upstream got me thinking...with this case, Baby Lisa, Baby Tyler just today....it's too early to know exactly what happened, but I am frightened at the possibility that one or more of these cases could be attributed to the "Casey effect."

That is to say the following: In that debacle in Pinellas, Dr. G. testified that parents call 911 when their child has an accident, and the fact that 911 was not called for Caylee and she was thrown away like trash suggested homicide. But Casey still got off.

Perhaps what Dr. G. said was true at the time. And perhaps now, a few maladjusted parents whose children suffered harm, either intentionally or by accident, look at their available options and think...I'll just stage a kidnapping and feign ignorance - it worked for ICA....

I don't know where these cases will all end up, but I do NOT believe that all of these babies in this short time were stranger abductions from home (or car).
I agree with you and believe CA's acquittal has been a horrible setback for justice for children everywhere. However, in researching historical filicide cases I believe while we, as a society, look to excuse or pardon mothers who murder their children instead of holding them fully responsible this epidemic will only continue to spiral out of control. Mothers who murder are often seen in a sympathetic light, in my opinion, especially when they fit a certain socio-economic demographic. Historically this is also true. In Victorian Britain mothers who were married were almost certainly acquitted while mothers who were poor and/or unmarried were often convicted.

I wonder when she made that offer. And who she knows in Russia or Arizona.

Maybe that's the reason SM feels hopeful that his son is coming back.

Re nobody saying where JB is, and LE repeatedly mentioning that she is distraught...maybe she's being hospitalized. Might be a good way for her to get away from it all for a while.

BBM
It's been reported that JB has family in both Canada and Russia. No clue about Arizona.

wow, I just heard about this one because the sugar baby thing was tawdry enough to make it to the uk's daily mail this morning. I'm about to start reading 8 threads of catchup...absolutely horrified, my heart breaks for the father and the little girl now in foster care....

The Today Show's story (probably other networks had it too) re: Mom's (allegedly) posting a profile on "seekingarrangement.com" sure offers yet another glimpse into her make-up. There are websites for everything, it appears.

The Today Show's story (probably other networks had it too) re: Mom's (allegedly) posting a profile on "seekingarrangement.com" sure offers yet another glimpse into her make-up. There are websites for everything, it appears.

Can you believe this? She wanted $5,000 a month. Could she have sold her baby?

Unbelievable!

Yes. <Mod Snip> So why is everyone reporting her, "story" as fact, and not saying that she "allegedly left him, or that "according to the mother, she left him" - It did not happen. Solomon sensed this from Day one -yes, and she is wasting so much time and money and resources and the public's outrage -just as others who shall not be named have done in the past. And how the WHO do they get away with this. I see it happening all over again here in the northwest -just like with Kyron- daily news conferences, top news, police overtime, everyone doing their job...top story moving to third, then fourth story, then LE having to justify spending to the public...the 20/20 shows, etc., etc., barf. and then there is one woman sitting there with the key to the kingdom. Usch. Fy fan.

I get what you are saying, but they can only report what she is telling them, they can't outright say she is a liar or that they know she is a liar without some proof. No doubt they will uncover the truth sooner or later and they can then clarify it, but at this point they have no choice. LE can say what they know in public, not what they believe or suspect.
And at this point, I'm sad to say, we cannot prove that she did NOT leave the boy in the car, because they had done it before, they have it on record. And why would Solomon have sensed she was lying, when he was guilty of doing the same thing?
What I'm having trouble understanding is why so many people are so aghast at the idea of leaving him alone in the car and blast her endlessly for it, yet turn around and say they don't believe her. Either she did or she didn't. If we're going to criticize her for being so careless, we cannot also say she's lying, she never left him, he was never in the car that day at all. Can't have it both ways.

<snipped>
Sadly I wouldn't be surprised if Julia had stuffed him neatly in a box and disposed of whether he was alive or dead. Say for instance he had a particularly dirty diaper or was messy or something. I can imagine her compulsively bundling up the entire mess, including the child and disposing of him in her meticulously neat OCD way. It saddens me to think of that but I do.

When I read this the first thing that came to mind was that photo from Flickr showing all the clear plastic totes stacked up against the wall. Poor little Sky :(

The guy who owns the sugar daddy "arrangements" website, he said he can't tell whether someone registered for themselves or if someone else did it using their name (because it's free and he doesn't do background checks).

Can LE determine who registered the account? If they can, I can understand why they wouldn't make that info public. I just wondered if all that computer forensics that we see on shows like CSI, SVI, NCIS etc is realistic. A lot of their TV science is fake, but I don't know enough about computers for this one.

In therory they can absolutly trace the website account back to a and IP or MAC address, which in turn is assigned to a COMPUTER. Tracing to a PERSON is harder because many times multiple people use the same computer, especially at home.

That being said - it depends greatly on the logs the Internet Service Provider (ISP) and the company hosting the website keeps. Most of the big ISPs (ATT, Cable Companies, etc.) keep these logs backed up for 1-2 years. Many smaller ISPs flush these logs and do not back them up for more than week or so. Website hosting companies are all over the map in what they keep and for how long.

Time is of the essence in tracing it back.

Some of the things we see on TV are accurate and others - well.... notsomuch. :) Many times on TV the underlying mechanics of the fancy technology is there just not as FAST, RELIABLE, AVAILBLE, EASY, etc. Typical TV land stuff.

It's a little after 11pm here in Portland, and KATU news just reported that their sister station in Seattle said that the father's attorney told them that Julia offered to give up child support in exchange for permission to take the boy to Russia or Arizona. In the meantime, police say she has not agreed to any follow up interviews to clear up any discrepancies in her original story. The former portion is certainly news to me! Whoa. That's pretty much all they said here in PDX.

I thought we read that earlier as give up the allegations against him if she let him move to Russia or AZ. I could be wrong, but I took that to mean the false allegations of abuse against him if he let her and the kids leave.

I don't know what she was thinking, but clearly one can't negotiate to 'give up child support'. It's my understanding from child support forums one can give up their parental rights but are still required to pay child support. That's the case with a family member. The childs father waived rights, but is still required to pay CS. CS is only waived when the child will be adopted. In this case, Julia would have had to have a new husband willing to adopt her children and their father would have had to waive his rights in order to allow another man to adopt them. Clearly this was not going to happen based on the doc's and info we've seen.

I've removed several posts where name calling is not allowed and some seem to be rumors. If you can link to an MSM to verify I can put them back up, trying to keep the rumors down on this case. Thanks.

Ima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member