WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. I believe this was all discovered after Sky's disappearance. MSM indicated mom admitted to leaving the children alone often and for extended periods of time during her interrogation with LE the Sunday Sky disappeared.

I think dad tried his best to demonstrate how and why this was likely to happen, but he was unfortunately not taken seriously in his battle to help his children prior to this tragic 'disappearance'.

jmo

so far as I've read (playing catchup here) I agree with this, I am trying to direct my anger at the system rather than JB because she is clearly severely mentally ill, I do not want to hate her for this, but I think the court could have done much more much sooner and maybe what the heck ever happened would not have.

IMO if SM were 'bashing' his wife, he'd be offering up more than the court documents which became available via MSM. He would have offered up why his wife claimed he kept their daughter from them for 7 months. He would have offered up the full story about her 3 hospitalizations. He's done none of that.

I have to disagree on the suggestion he stop appearing on TV to keep his childs story in the media. LE is still ASKING for tips. They are still doing two pressers a day? or is it down to 1 per day now this week? If LE had this figured out, they wouldn't be utilizing the media as they are.

More power too him. I disagree on hiding her illness, his not talking is more enabling. This mother needs help. She seriously needs help if she wishes to have any further involvement in her daughters life. Which sadly may be visits in a penitentiary.

Any media is better than no media, as with the thousands of MP cases out there. IIRC Charley project last had 9000 unsolved missing persons cases. We have families of the missing begging for even a paragraph. I'm afraid there just isn't going to be a happy median here.

Heck this LE department even openly solicited tips from Psychics - despite all we have read about how they interfere and are not reliable in MP cases. That tells me SM is likely doing as much media as he is per LE's request.

JMO

Heck - I would talk about the pimple on my a$$ on TV if it meant my missing child saw airtime.

Here you go - some good sites:

www.safekids.org
www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?p=2038785
(this last one has pictures of the space left when the jacket is removed from under the straps)

I'm not replying to you exactly, just in general re: the coat and car seat thing

I dont necessarily think it's odd to not coat up a child in a car seat, because presumably you have the car heated up or whatever, it's that she supposedly left sky, alone, in an unlocked car, in the cold, without a coat, and he was supposedly sick enough that she was taking him to the hospital.

it does not add up. I'm still reading up but so far my opinion was he was never in the car at all.

I read somewhere that the car wasnt truly out of gas/petrol, can anyone confirm or deny that for me?

I'm not replying to you exactly, just in general re: the coat and car seat thing

I dont necessarily think it's odd to not coat up a child in a car seat, because presumably you have the car heated up or whatever, it's that she supposedly left sky, alone, in an unlocked car, in the cold, without a coat, and he was supposedly sick enough that she was taking him to the hospital.

it does not add up. I'm still reading up but so far my opinion was he was never in the car at all.

I read somewhere that the car wasnt truly out of gas/petrol, can anyone confirm or deny that for me?

Police later determined the car's gas tank held enough gasoline "to run a significant distance."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2016775423_missing16m.html

I saw mention of them earlier, but can someone please give me a link to an article or video that includes the parents of either S or J? I was looking online and noticed something that I would like to verify. Are Julia's parents names in print anywhere, and can someone point me at them if they are? TIA. If her parents names aren't in print in MSM, then forgive me and disregard this post.

BBM
As long as you pardon my laziness for not including a link. ;) LE stated the vehicle had 2.2 gallons of gas.

Im a little confused.... is every post in every thread followed with a "In my opinion"? Is there a huge problem with people taking offense to things or taking speculation as fact? Help a new girl out. I am sarcastic and have a great imagination. Oh dear, I see this being a problem.

BBM...
Unless you have a link to an MSM or Law Enforcement saying something it is opinion and no we don't take speculation as fact.

Ima

Even most anti-anxiety/anti-depression drugs take at least 2 weeks to achieve the full effect. I could be wrong, but doesn't OCD require behavioral therapy too?

fact is, the meds barely do anything at all for OCD. behaviour therapy only, because you have to...retrain yourself to think & react normally. it is extremely hard work.

no link as everything I can find is drug company related and says otherwise, alas. you must trust my years & years of personal experience I guess.

Just a Reminder for everyone :tyou:

Terms of Service Terms of Service - Short, Plain Language Version - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
We have a detailed, formal Terms of Service (TOS) posted separately, and that TOS is what you will be held to as a member here. It's long and detailed because it has to be in the world we live in, and you are expected to read it, understand it and abide by it. However, we can sum it up as follows:
1) Be a decent human being;
2) Treat your fellow posters as the decent human beings they are;
3) Keep in mind that whatever you post will likely live on forever, so think before you press "Submit Reply".
4) It's a big world. People will disagree with you. You will disagree with them. This can be done with respect, and that's what we expect.

While perusing the net, I found an alternate spelling for Julia paired with Biryukova.....Yulia. Might be worth looking at.

it's entirely possible that's the original or actual spelling of her name, yet "yulia"
is an extremely common eastern european name. I know personally of about 15 of them.

I saw mention of them earlier, but can someone please give me a link to an article or video that includes the parents of either S or J? I was looking online and noticed something that I would like to verify. Are Julia's parents names in print anywhere, and can someone point me at them if they are? TIA. If her parents names aren't in print in MSM, then forgive me and disregard this post.

IIRC Julia's parents names have not been released by MSM.

I get what you are saying, but they can only report what she is telling them, they can't outright say she is a liar or that they know she is a liar without some proof. No doubt they will uncover the truth sooner or later and they can then clarify it, but at this point they have no choice. LE can say what they know in public, not what they believe or suspect.
And at this point, I'm sad to say, we cannot prove that she did NOT leave the boy in the car, because they had done it before, they have it on record. And why would Solomon have sensed she was lying, when he was guilty of doing the same thing?
What I'm having trouble understanding is why so many people are so aghast at the idea of leaving him alone in the car and blast her endlessly for it, yet turn around and say they don't believe her. Either she did or she didn't. If we're going to criticize her for being so careless, we cannot also say she's lying, she never left him, he was never in the car that day at all. Can't have it both ways.

i think the reason why people have a hard time buying her explanation for leaving little sky was because she lied about a lot of things in her story. she stated that the reason she left sky on his own was because she had run out of gas and had to get help, despite the fact that there was still plenty of gas left in the car to drive to the nearest station, and there was nothing mechanically wrong with it. add in the fact that witnesses who saw the car stated that it was empty, no one had seen a little boy walking around or taken by a stranger. this was apparently a relatively busy area so there should have been someone who would have spotted a little boy left on his own. also, the dogs did not pick up sky's scent outside of the car. the police have said that they believe that the mother or someone close to her knows where the little boy is, so obviously that shows that they do not trust the mother's version of the story at all. i think people have also criticized her for leaving her children unattended for 12 hours straight, which she has admitted to the police.

Her upbringing could give some hints to whatever "supposedly" triggered any mental issues, perhaps her family was abusive. The trigger was during the marriage, so that is the most important place to look. I get the feeling that that marriage was not a kind and loving one. Let's not forget we have only heard 1 strange side of the story, that I know of, and not much from the other side. Having been in an incredibly abusive relationship when I was younger, I know how charming and how rapidly someone can tell the world lies, and everyone believes it. You can't say anything b/c you have been threatened never to say anything or further punishment (possibly worse) will be next. Finally, after 23 years, at my daughter's wedding, that abusive ex's parents pulled me aside (yes he was there as he is the father of DD) and apologized for not seeing and not helping. I did not need the apology, but they did not see until he did it again with someone else, once we divorced. He was very charming, and all the bruises were my fault, I fell or was just clumsy. All the abuse was making me crazy. I was not allowed to eat, not allowed to go anywhere, not allowed to have friends, forced to do many things. So, just saying, the marriage is where he says she snapped, there was a trigger there. Just another angle to view.

Actually, IIRC, he said the front half of their marriage was good. It sounded to me like the 'trigger' coincided with couple of major stressors: Financial loss and the birth of the first child. Having the chronic added stressors of infants/toddlers in the house served to exacerbate her symptoms.

While I do realize many women silently suffer abuse at the hands of charming, deceptive and manipulative men, I don't think that's the case here. IIRC, abuse allegations never came up until custody wasn't going her way, and IIRC, she had offered to drop the abuse charges at one point as a bargaining chip--if she could take the children out of state? Also, last week, it was indicated she'd rather have the daughter go to Solomon than foster parents. So she wants the daughter to go with the man whom she alleged physically and sexually abused that same child?

To me, JB sounds more to be a liar and master manipulator than an abuse victim.

Also, I don't think every OCD sufferer suffers OCD as a result of childhood or adult physical and or sexual abuse, but perhaps we should get feedback on that from some of the professionals and folks on WS who cope with OCD.

it's entirely possible that's the original or actual spelling of her name, yet "yulia"
is an extremely common eastern european name. I know personally of about 15 of them.

I think it was a web crawler type mistake. There is an entirely different person with the same name as our JB with her first name spelled with a Y. YB is not the JB in this case.

In studies of mothers that kill their kids, most times the bodies were disposed of in womblike conditions, often wrapped in plastic, submerged in water, or both. In every single case of maternal filicide that was studied by the NCMEC for the basis of research, the child's body was found within 10 miles of the family home IN EVERY SINGLE CASE.

The FBI knows this. The FBI has profiles of people like Julia. She is not one of a kind. They know what she did, probably how she did it, why she did it, and what condition Sky is in now. The only thing they don't know is where she put him when she was done, but they can pretty much draw a 10 mile circle around her home, and that is where he is. They just have to get her to break enough to show them where in that circle she left him.

Unfortunately, jail is not likely to break her in the way they want. If they lock her up in a germy cell with other people that may or may not be sick breathing all over her and everything else, she is likely to shut down, possibly even have a psychotic break...not the kind of break they want. A good break would be for her to start singing like a canary, not to shut down. If she is out of jail, they can wait for her to slip up, and eventually, she will, because they all do. JMO.

IIRC Julia's parents names have not been released by MSM.

Thank you Cubby. I am not even a quarter of the way through all the media articles, and I started at the beginning, so it'll be a while before I'm caught up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eppomoosha