WA WA - Tyler Christensen, 16, Mukilteo, 19 April 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow. Well, I think the family's interview with KOMO may have been better timed if they had a) been more forthright and b) gotten their message out ahead of the SD. And now I am totally curious about that suitcase!!!!

Runaways deserve to be looked for, too, but the question then becomes what are they running from and who will be will

Suitcase? I must've missed that!

My 1st thought after reading the story with his sister & her saying that Tyler commented on her relationship with her boyfriend made me think maybe he was envious of her relationship with her boyfriend & that he wished he could have the same with someone, imo the someone he went to meet.

Suitcase? I must've missed that!

My 1st thought after reading the story with his sister & her saying that Tyler commented on her relationship with her boyfriend made me think maybe he was envious of her relationship with her boyfriend & that he wished he could have the same with someone, imo the someone he went to meet.

It was in Kodiak's post further back (may or may not be related to Tyler).

And that part stood out to me, too, but to me it was his way of saying goodbye to her. Like he was saying that he approved of the boyfriend (because he wouldn't be around later to see them get married, etc). Perhaps he was waiting for her to be safe or secure in a relationship before he felt he could leave.

I agree, I've thought $1500 was very low and doesn't give a sense of urgency. It's more like they want information rather than expecting to find him, as they maybe know he doesn't want to be found. I can't wait for the KOMO interview!

My guess now is that if the family knew all along that he left of his own accord and they (IMO) seem to be a very proud and independent family, they may have refused additional donated funds b/c they did not feel right taking the money.

And that part stood out to me, too, but to me it was his way of saying goodbye to her. Like he was saying that he approved of the boyfriend (because he wouldn't be around later to see them get married, etc).

I had the same feeling and it made me sad because that sounds like a runaway who plans on NEVER coming back...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, I've thought $1500 was very low and doesn't give a sense of urgency. It's more like they want information rather than expecting to find him, as they maybe know he doesn't want to be found. I can't wait for the KOMO interview!

Sounds like a standard Crimestoppers reward. JMO.

It was in Kodiak's post further back (may or may not be related to Tyler).

And that part stood out to me, too, but to me it was his way of saying goodbye to her. Like he was saying that he approved of the boyfriend (because he wouldn't be around later to see them get married, etc). Perhaps he was waiting for her to be safe or secure in a relationship before he felt he could leave.

I was thinking the same after watching the 6 o' clock segment on KOMO.

I had the same feeling and it made me sad because that sounds like a runaway who plans on NEVER coming back...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most definitely. And I agree.

The Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office said Tuesday that the investigation into missing 16-year-old Tyler Christensen of Mukilteo points toward him “making plans to leave the area and that he left his home on his own volition.”

Hopefully LE will share some insights soon on how (and when) Tyler made such plans to leave.

As of now, this latest turning point in the case confirms that our sleuthing scenarios and theories were correct with what little info we all had to go on.

Been looking at the Mukilteo Beacon's online Police Beat for the Log of 911 calls to Mukilteo police for the week of April 6 to see if anything stood out before Tyler went missing. I found this listed:

This was the area the suitcase was found...

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...2!3m1!1s0x549003883f38b131:0xd2e74815f5acab9e

Also, I just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention...

If you look at the red marker on the map on where the suitcase was found in the woods (near Endeavor Elementary School), it was found in the area of the woods Tyler might have used to get to the church. You'll also see how Picnic Point Road is close to the same wooded area.

Also, in the police beat listing, it stated:

The suitcase was full of clothing and booked as found property.

I wonder if the items were male clothing?

Been looking at the Mukilteo Beacon's online Police Beat for the Log of 911 calls to Mukilteo police for the week of April 6 to see if anything stood out before Tyler went missing. I found this listed:

This was the area the suitcase was found...

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...2!3m1!1s0x549003883f38b131:0xd2e74815f5acab9e

So IF the suitcase belongs to Tyler & it was booked as evidence, if he had stashed it there to runaway, I wonder why he hadn't picked it up or if he went to get it & it was gone what is he doing for clothes since then?

Well I am relieved that it sounds like he was not kidnapped, murdered, or injured on a trail somewhere. That is a huge relief just from a public safety standpoint, though I'm sure it doesn't soothe his family's worries very much. I hope that he is safe wherever he is.

The suitcase is really interesting! I wonder if they'd ever say if it were Tyler's things.

So IF the suitcase belongs to Tyler & it was booked as evidence, if he had stashed it there to runaway, I wonder why he hadn't picked it up or if he went to get it & it was gone what is he doing for clothes since then?

I was thinking the same. If he went back to the spot before he went missing and saw the suitcase was gone, it would have delayed him by a few days to a week or more–in order to get more clothing collected in another case or bag. If he discovered it gone after leaving, I'm not sure what his plan would be.

Hmmm..... seems like if the clothes in the suitcase were Tyler's, he would have picked it up well before now. :-/

The latest post to the Help Find Tyler group page basically ends with a personal message to Tyler. Some people have commented asking about the statement from the SD and it has gone unanswered but I think this is the family's way of gently and discreetly acknowledging it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1724064874515029/permalink/1725791251009058/

And KCPQ 13 News has changed their news page on him to: "Missing Mukilteo teen apparently ran away from home, sheriff’s office says"

Hmmm..... seems like if the clothes in the suitcase were Tyler's, he would have picked it up well before now. :-/

Unless he was not able to. Unless he was not ready to. Unless his plans were thwarted previously. Unless he changed his mind a few times. If he was highly sheltered, he may not have gotten out alone often. Or maybe he needed to say goodbye to his sister. Or maybe he needed to wait until the next youth group meeting was scheduled so he had an excuse to leave the house. (Sorry, I realize I am rambling here and the suitcase may very well not be his but I thought very early on that he would use the path up behind the elementary school and there is not much of a transient population in that neighborhood. It could well fit with his "plans" to leave).

Unless he was not able to. Unless he was not ready to. Unless his plans were thwarted previously. Unless he changed his mind a few times. If he was highly sheltered, he may not have gotten out alone often. Or maybe he needed to say goodbye to his sister. Or maybe he needed to wait until the next youth group meeting was scheduled so he had an excuse to leave the house. (Sorry, I realize I am rambling here and the suitcase may very well not be his but I thought very early on that he would use the path up behind the elementary school and there is not much of a transient population in that neighborhood. It could well fit with his "plans" to leave).

There are definitely different plausible scenarios. I did run away once, at about age 14. I spent weeks stockpiling supplies at a specific location away from home (supplies to a 14 year old: clothes, bathing suit, earrings, pot, and like $20, lol). The day of my departure, I went straight for my supplies and hit the road.

Also, in my previous post #167 about the suitcase being found the week of April 6, I forgot to mention it was found and turned over to Mukilteo police on Monday, April 4, 2016.

Also, in my previous post #167 about the suitcase being found the week of April 6, I forgot to mention it was found and turned over to Mukilteo police on Monday, April 4, 2016.

Wait...do you mean it was found the week of the 4th, which Monday was the 4th, then turned over to LE on same day or Wednesday the 6th?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back