WA WA - Tyler Christensen, 16, Mukilteo, 19 April 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wait...do you mean it was found the week of the 4th, which Monday was the 4th, then turned over to LE on same day or Wednesday the 6th?

The Police Beat listings were for the previous week leading up to April 6th. Categorized under "April 4th" was the suitcase listing stating that it was found and turned over to police the same day.

Sorry about that. My bad! I thought I had mentioned the exact date for when it was found that week of April 6th.

The Police Beat listings were for the previous week leading to up April 6th. Categorized under "April 4th" was the suitcase listing stating that it was found and turned over to police the same day.

Ohhhh.....if this is Tyler's, it must have been found and turned in before he could get to it.

I agree, I've thought $1500 was very low and doesn't give a sense of urgency. It's more like they want information rather than expecting to find him, as they maybe know he doesn't want to be found. I can't wait for the KOMO interview!
To me $1500 would be a lot of money to a kid. I think it may be geared toward friends of Tyler to give up his whereabouts.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

From reading the FB comments on Lindsay Cohen's KOMO article, a few people seem confused as the way it was presented, as they are not sure how to correctly interpret the article and segment. And I agree. It's strangely presented without the use of the word, "runaway." But like I said, KCPQ 13 has come outright in saying via the SCPD that he is indeed a runaway. So I wonder why the KOMO piece was pussyfooting around in vaguely stating that he was?

So he is a run a way but do they know where he is? And that he is safe?

From reading the FB comments on Lindsay Cohen's KOMO article, a few people seem confused as the way it was presented, as they are not sure how to correctly interpret the article and segment. And I agree. It's strangely presented without the use of the word, "runaway." But like I said, KCPQ 13 has come outright in saying via the SCPD that he is indeed a runaway. So I wonder why the KOMO piece was pussyfooting around in vaguely stating that he was?

I suspect because they agreed to be sensitive/etc. about it to the family in order to the interview etc. whereas Q13 just reported directly from SnoCo Sheriff with no qualms, etc.

I suspect because they agreed to be sensitive/etc. about it to the family in order to the interview etc. whereas Q13 just reported directly from SnoCo Sheriff with no qualms, etc.

Because his status is now that of a runaway, I fear this case will now just quickly fade from the news outlets. The Q13 website no longer has it listed on their main page, even though they updated it.

Because his status is now that of a runaway, I fear this case will now just quickly fade from the news outlets. The Q13 website no longer has it listed on their main page, even though they updated it.

:( Not ok.... he still needs to be found...

Wow, very odd wording in that post by his sister!!! To "talk about Tyler"? To "learn more" about him? It doesn't say to help with the search, etc. although yes the hashtags indicate that's still active. But this does NOT sound like what I thought it would. Very strange. It does make me think they know more about what's going on, it's suspected to be intentional, etc. Wow. Maybe they think he's worried his family will be mad that he left and he's scared to come home, etc. Wow.

The wording and language used by the family, so far, has definitely been odd and extremely vague since day one! I didn't even realize that the "Help Find Tyler" Facebook page was being managed by a family member until recently, because the postings seemed so impersonal that I was sure that it was coming from someone who didn't know him personally! Now the question that plagues me is if they are being vague on purpose because they are trying to protect themselves, or if it is simply because they don't have any details and are almost as clueless as we are.

It might not matter what their reasoning is. But since so many members of the general public has been following his story closely, have volunteered to help, and have been concerned and worried sick; it would be nice if they could just speak straight, for once! It would ease a lot of worried peoples' minds to just hear them say "We know that he chose to leave and we're only asking now that he let us know he is safe."

But instead, they keep speaking in riddles, even while the Sheriff's Dept and KOMO news, etc. seem to confirm he left by choice. Why would the family seem to dance around the topic, unless they either do not agree with the Sheriff's Dept assessment, or they don't want to be questioned about why Tyler would run away? If they do not agree that Tyler left on his own accord, it would be good for the public to know that, too! Because there is no doubt that when a Sheriff's Dept makes such a claim, a lot of the public interest and the volunteering will die down. That shouldn't happen if the family still truly believes he could be in danger!

I think it is important to note that there could be a big difference between Tyler having "ran away" and Tyler being kept hidden somewhere by someone. I feel like if he just took off on his own, with no outside help, his reasoning could be almost anything. BUT, if a friend/family member/someone in the community is actually HIDING him somewhere, or helped to smuggle him out of town, that would seem to indicate something much more sinister.

I don't know many people who would be willing to do something like that, and not even let LE or his family know he is safe, unless they believed Tyler was in danger or was in a really bad situation at home. So if LE believes that someone in the area assisted Tyler or is even now letting him hide out, they really might should take a closer look at his home life. It could be over something dumb, like a disagreement over a girl he wanted to date or something. But I just can't fathom that someone responsible enough to keep Tyler hidden, fed, clothed, etc., would also be immature enough to hide him out over some minor teenaged drama.

I noticed that, as well. :( I'm relieved he is now considered a runaway. I know it is what most of us here at Websleuths suspected and hoped for from the beginning. But I really do hope that there is a way to keep his story relevant and circulating, just until it can be confirmed that he is safe, wherever he may have ran to. I really don't want this to be another one of those cases where years later, no one still knows if he is dead, alive, living in some other city, or been with a family member or friend all along,. :(

[video=twitter;725095105657368576]https://twitter.com/DougPigsleyKOMO/status/725095105657368576[/video]

Video of the dad & sister briefly talking.

Does anyone know what the "new evidence " is that led LE to change the status to run away?

Does anyone know what the "new evidence " is that led LE to change the status to run away?

I believe it's video from someone's home security that shows him going in the other direction. But I imagine there's more as well.

Kids run away for a reason!
I'm pretty sure those close to him know the why!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC
Back