WA WA - Tyler Christensen, 16, Mukilteo, 19 April 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, the Snohomish County SD release from yesterday....wonder if that was dasleuths neighbors footage?

https://www.facebook.com/SnoCoSheriff/posts/1065578473516225

Interesting as they have evidence he went in the opposite direction of the church. And that he may have a dark colored back pack. Must have been on cameras. That must be why the first couple of days after he was gone that it was reported he was last seen in the Beverly Park Rd area. I bet someone picked him up at a rendezvous point, or he hopped on the local Mukilteo 113 bus that travels along that very road and has numerous passenger stops. If he did take the 113, its last destination is the Lynnwood Transit Center Park & Ride which would have taken just minutes to reach and he could have gotten off and transferred to one of the buses that heads straight to downtown Seattle. Once in Seattle, he could transfer anywhere out of the area.

113.jpg

Kids run away for a reason!
I'm pretty sure those close to him know the why!

If he's not in the area and didn't get picked up, he could of took the bus from the Swamp Creep Park & Ride or Ash Way Park & Ride to Seattle perhaps?
Posters should definitely be put up around bus stops, greyhound stations, light rail stations, etc.

If he's not in the area and didn't get picked up, he could of took the bus from the Swamp Creep Park & Ride or Ash Way Park & Ride to Seattle perhaps?
Posters should definitely be put up around bus stops, greyhound stations, light rail stations, etc.

Swamp Creek and Ash Way would have been out of his way. He had a better chance of taking the 113 bus that would have been much closer and taken him directly to the Lynnwood Park & Ride within minutes. See post #221 above.

I hope they're interviewing bus drivers to see if they remember him, or perhaps surveillance on the bus or at transfer stations, park & rides, etc. A lot of hope for at least knowing he made it somewhere on a bus or somewhere planned. Still sad!

The wording and language used by the family, so far, has definitely been odd and extremely vague since day one! I didn't even realize that the "Help Find Tyler" Facebook page was being managed by a family member until recently, because the postings seemed so impersonal that I was sure that it was coming from someone who didn't know him personally! Now the question that plagues me is if they are being vague on purpose because they are trying to protect themselves, or if it is simply because they don't have any details and are almost as clueless as we are.

It might not matter what their reasoning is. But since so many members of the general public has been following his story closely, have volunteered to help, and have been concerned and worried sick; it would be nice if they could just speak straight, for once! It would ease a lot of worried peoples' minds to just hear them say "We know that he chose to leave and we're only asking now that he let us know he is safe."

But instead, they keep speaking in riddles, even while the Sheriff's Dept and KOMO news, etc. seem to confirm he left by choice. Why would the family seem to dance around the topic, unless they either do not agree with the Sheriff's Dept assessment, or they don't want to be questioned about why Tyler would run away? If they do not agree that Tyler left on his own accord, it would be good for the public to know that, too! Because there is no doubt that when a Sheriff's Dept makes such a claim, a lot of the public interest and the volunteering will die down. That shouldn't happen if the family still truly believes he could be in danger!

I think it is important to note that there could be a big difference between Tyler having "ran away" and Tyler being kept hidden somewhere by someone. I feel like if he just took off on his own, with no outside help, his reasoning could be almost anything. BUT, if a friend/family member/someone in the community is actually HIDING him somewhere, or helped to smuggle him out of town, that would seem to indicate something much more sinister.

I don't know many people who would be willing to do something like that, and not even let LE or his family know he is safe, unless they believed Tyler was in danger or was in a really bad situation at home. So if LE believes that someone in the area assisted Tyler or is even now letting him hide out, they really might should take a closer look at his home life. It could be over something dumb, like a disagreement over a girl he wanted to date or something. But I just can't fathom that someone responsible enough to keep Tyler hidden, fed, clothed, etc., would also be immature enough to hide him out over some minor teenaged drama.

Great post. A lot of good points.

I am not sure if they are hiding something or if they are so intensely private that the idea of having what many parents might consider a failure played out in the news and social media. I can see how for a deeply religious family and a family that keeps their kids closer than most through homeschool, the idea that one of them would break from the fold in such a dramatic way must be both embarrassing and hurtful. I am not saying that their approach is right - I would be shouting from the rooftops and knocking on every door to find my kids were it me - but this just feels like patriarchal circling of the wagons. It's too bad if it is just stubborn pride being allowed to be such a stumbling block for an effective search. Or, you may be right, and Tyler had a reason to try to get out.

I am not sure how much the Snohomish County Sherriff's Office can do if there is no evidence of a crime. I don't know how much they can look in to WRT the family. Snohomish County is a great place to live but not without it's issues. Without evidence of a crime against Tyler, I am not sure how many resources they would re-direct towards continuing to investigate his disappearance. I am not sure if they have a runaway task force, etc. They have a lot of other areas to focus on with increasing gang activity and a steeply rising opiate drug use problem

But hopefully social services will follow up as Tyler has 2 younger sisters (presumably still in the home) and that may lead to a better understanding of why he left. I would guess many interviews have already taken place - but we probably won't ever be privvy to that information as Tyler and his younger sisters are all minors.

I agree that there is a difference between being a "runaway" and being hidden away. I don't see this kid on the streets of Seattle or Portland, begging for spare change and hanging out. But his outside contacts would have been limited. So who would likely be hiding him? Someone else who knew the family? Knew Tyler from youth group? Someone right there in the local community?

As for what it would take for someone to be willing to aid him and hide him - I would tend to agree that it would have to be motivated by someone believing that Tyler would otherwise be in danger but then again, have you read some of the comments to news articles, etc? Or right here in this thread for that matter (the negative posts were swiftly deleted)? A number of people are vehemently against Christians and/or home schoolers and/or otherwise conservative lifestyles. Someone may feel they are rescuing him from that life - even if no neglect/abuse was ever committed.

It will be interesting to see how they proceed from here. I find it very confusing that they have basically halted the active search and are not even communicating with their volunteers anymore - as you said, no matter what the reason.

I hope they're interviewing bus drivers to see if they remember him, or perhaps surveillance on the bus or at transfer stations, park & rides, etc. A lot of hope for at least knowing he made it somewhere on a bus or somewhere planned. Still sad!

I bet that's where they got him on camera... on the buses and at transfer stations.I do hope that if he went to downtown Seattle that he didn't stay long and went out of area to a safer locale. Seattle the last several years has become the biggest slum, and it keeps getting worse each year with aggressive panhandlers, open drug deals in Belltown during broad daylight. 2nd & Pike is a sleezy freakshow, and it's quite sad how Westlake Park used to be so nice, but is filled with bums and mentally off people.

Interesting as they have evidence he went in the opposite direction of the church. And that he may have a dark colored back pack. Must have been on cameras. That must be why the first couple of days after he was gone that it was reported he was last seen in the Beverly Park Rd area. I bet someone picked him up at a rendezvous point, or he hopped on the local Mukilteo 113 bus that travels along that very road and has numerous passenger stops. If he did take the 113, its last destination is the Lynnwood Transit Center Park & Ride which would have taken just minutes to reach and he could have gotten off and transferred to one of the buses that heads straight to downtown Seattle. Once in Seattle, he could transfer anywhere out of the area.

View attachment 92804

All excellent points. But surely someone would have seen him in the course of that?

All excellent points. But surely someone would have seen him in the course of that?

Not necessarily. He could have changed his clothes he was last seen in and boarded with different attire on. Funny thing is, when I ride the 113 bus, I usually have my ball cap on. When I board, I see there are several guys with ball caps on, too. Tyler could have boarded with the same, pulled the bill over close, and no one would have given him a second glance.

New post from his sister on the public FB page, 20 minutes ago.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1724064874515029/

So, on the one hand, it seems good that they are acknowledging it and still asking for help. But it is once again worded in a very vague way. It almost sounds like the SD did not tell them about the video footage until they made their press release - which seems highly unlikely. And the press release made it seem they had more information or evidence that Tyler planned this other than *just* the video footage.

Hmm...thought more about this. There seems to be no sense of urgency in this latest post either. It doesn't read to me that they actually think he may have been abducted, just that saying it is a possibility keeps people looking for him. It just feels...odd. Orchestrated? In any case, I do believe he planned this and is being aided in some way. And I am starting to think the family knows that, too, and just won't say it.

It seems they are getting really poor advice on how to proceed or no advice at all.

They need to look into his computer access and history and such. I don't think we've heard much if anything about that. It's not just girls that run away to meet up with someone they met online. Could even be someone who promised him the moon in an area that Tyler is passionate about (art? Sports?).

They need to look into his computer access and history and such. I don't think we've heard much if anything about that. It's not just girls that run away to meet up with someone they met online. Could even be someone who promised him the moon in an area that Tyler is passionate about (art? Sports?).

I would have to believe that his computer and cell phone were among the earliest things examined.

Neither one of these links says it's video evidence... just 'evidence'. Where did you guys hear about there being video evidence?

I stand corrected! I think I actually read in to it, applying the idea of dasleuths neighbor's security cam footage and the possible bus footage. I guess it could have been eye witnesses or scent dogs, etc.

I'm not sure when Tyler's birthday was, but did he turn 16 recently?

In Washington the age of consent is 16 and they're free to have consensual sex with any non-related adult regardless of the age difference.

Perhaps he got picked up by a cougar.

So, on the one hand, it seems good that they are acknowledging it and still asking for help. But it is once again worded in a very vague way. It almost sounds like the SD did not tell them about the video footage until they made their press release - which seems highly unlikely. And the press release made it seem they had more information or evidence that Tyler planned this other than *just* the video footage.

That statement is really confusing and frustrating. We have the Sheriff's department saying he had been making plans and left of his own volition. The Help Find Tyler statement says well, he could have left on his own or been taken forcibly, which Sheriff's statement doesn't say or even hint at.

I would think Tyler might have left the area immediately to avoid being found. My first thought was an internet relationship or connection. If he was able to leave the immediate area he could be anywhere with anyone and the people he's with might have no clue he is a runaway. Even a short bus ride away, like in Spokane or Vancouver, for instance, people wouldn't be looking for him. Most teens are very tech savvy and could either cover their online tracks very well or use a public computer at a library, friends house, or something like that.

It all rings more peculiar to me with every statement. I did notice today that just about every stop sign and post had a Find Tyler sign on it.

Hmm...thought more about this. There seems to be no sense of urgency in this latest post either. It doesn't read to me that they actually think he may have been abducted, just that saying it is a possibility keeps people looking for him. It just feels...odd. Orchestrated? In any case, I do believe he planned this and is being aided in some way. And I am starting to think the family knows that, too, and just won't say it.

It seems they are getting really poor advice on how to proceed or no advice at all.

I just read it and I feel the same. I get the impression they really don't want to knowledge that he left on his on free will and terms, but then again, they ask the public to keep searching trails and ravines because he still could have been forcefully taken. I'm just getting a sense of lack of direction and focus pertaining to the search.

Edited to add: Currently, I just don't think Tyler wants to be found.

I'm not sure when Tyler's birthday was, but did he turn 16 recently?

In Washington the age of consent is 16 and they're free to have consensual sex with any non-related adult regardless of the age difference.

Perhaps he got picked up by a cougar.

In this day and age, anything is possible and strange things do happen. Could there have a serious relationship with someone at the Slavic church? Perhaps. Plus, did anyone ever find out on why he was attending the youth group at the Slavic church in the first place? I hear his dad's Lynnwood church has a youth group. So why did he go to the one here in Mukilteo? Honestly, things with this case are starting to become very peculiar.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back