WA WA - Tyler Christensen, 16, Mukilteo, 19 April 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Definitely publicity is great, because apparently that's the only way the driver who picked Tyler up even knew he was missing (later saw the flyer). It's perplexing what would make him take off and leave and not tell anyone. Makes you wonder if he planned to be back the next day but something happened. It also makes me wonder if he's manic depressive. A family member was (no longer shows symptoms) and definitely did things like this as a teenager (disappeared for hours/overnight, made decisions that made no sense, acted impulsively, etc.) Beyond the regular teenager choices that are impulsive, etc. :)

http://q13fox.com/2016/05/10/new-clue-in-case-of-missing-mukilteo-teen-who-disappeared-3-weeks-ago/

Okay, I'm sure someone has already posted this link up but just for the sake of it I'll do it again.
Keep in mind!!! ALL OF THIS IS IMO and my thoughts.

This video, it kind of makes me disappointed at Tyler. Now in the interview the sister says that she has no idea why he would run away and that she hopes he just went on an adventure. If he went on an adventure he is by far the MOST selfish kid ever (especially for a religious one that they claim him to be.) Like I don't care if he likes going on hikes and adventures or whatever they claim he likes to do, this is a new level of crazy. I'm going to believe that he may have something mentally wrong with him if is family TRULY doesn't know why he ran away and he just up and leaves. Who the heck just leaves just for the crap of it without telling their loving family or giving them hints that they wanted to go on an adventure? More like wants to give their parents a freaking heart attack. If this were my child and he ran away for 3 weeks (or near that) oh man, he's in big trouble. I'm sure they are just saying that they are not mad because they want him to come home. But I do think that they need to make him realize how nearly impossible it is to survive on your own without being found again if you want any sort of life.

Cross out college, getting a license, a passport, a job even, a house, a family, etc. You need documentation for most if not all of those things. I think the only way int he 21st century to get out of this country is swim across the ocean, or sneak to another land. Which swimming... good luck. You may get eaten by sharks. The ocean is a scary place. Deep and Dark and Wide.

Also, anyone else wonder why it's always the sister that's on the news and not the mom or dad? Makes me wonder if they really mean that he won't be in trouble, since the dad seems like he's fine with being in front of people anyway. Paster or something like that? Yes, I know he was in the first interview that came out but not much I'll say.

The longer he's gone the more people will begin to give up on trying to search for him because they will definitely know that he doesn't want to be found. If he is doing this for fame and attention not a good way to do it. Do youtube or something to get fame. Don't run away.

Now the only thing I hope for this boy is that even if he ran away he is still alive somewhere out there. And that he will come home or at least contact his family and tell them to stop looking. (not that they actually will but I'm sure that they would be a little bit relieved to know that he's still alive.)

http://q13fox.com/2016/05/10/new-clue-in-case-of-missing-mukilteo-teen-who-disappeared-3-weeks-ago/

Okay, I'm sure someone has already posted this link up but just for the sake of it I'll do it again.
Keep in mind!!! ALL OF THIS IS IMO and my thoughts.

This video, it kind of makes me disappointed at Tyler. Now in the interview the sister says that she has no idea why he would run away and that she hopes he just went on an adventure. If he went on an adventure he is by far the MOST selfish kid ever (especially for a religious one that they claim him to be.) Like I don't care if he likes going on hikes and adventures or whatever they claim he likes to do, this is a new level of crazy. I'm going to believe that he may have something mentally wrong with him if is family TRULY doesn't know why he ran away and he just up and leaves. Who the heck just leaves just for the crap of it without telling their loving family or giving them hints that they wanted to go on an adventure? More like wants to give their parents a freaking heart attack. If this were my child and he ran away for 3 weeks (or near that) oh man, he's in big trouble. I'm sure they are just saying that they are not mad because they want him to come home. But I do think that they need to make him realize how nearly impossible it is to survive on your own without being found again if you want any sort of life.

Cross out college, getting a license, a passport, a job even, a house, a family, etc. You need documentation for most if not all of those things. I think the only way int he 21st century to get out of this country is swim across the ocean, or sneak to another land. Which swimming... good luck. You may get eaten by sharks. The ocean is a scary place. Deep and Dark and Wide.

Also, anyone else wonder why it's always the sister that's on the news and not the mom or dad? Makes me wonder if they really mean that he won't be in trouble, since the dad seems like he's fine with being in front of people anyway. Paster or something like that? Yes, I know he was in the first interview that came out but not much I'll say.

The longer he's gone the more people will begin to give up on trying to search for him because they will definitely know that he doesn't want to be found. If he is doing this for fame and attention not a good way to do it. Do youtube or something to get fame. Don't run away.

Now the only thing I hope for this boy is that even if he ran away he is still alive somewhere out there. And that he will come home or at least contact his family and tell them to stop looking. (not that they actually will but I'm sure that they would be a little bit relieved to know that he's still alive.)

Agreed....hence my mentioning above of the manic depressive theory. I also just simply can't imagine.
I guess his sister is in these interviews because she's the oldest sibling and has kind of become the spokesperson. She's the one updating the Facebook page, she was the one who originally posted, etc. I suspect the parents think she's more internet savvy and more tech and social savvy so they're having her do it instead of them. I also suspect they're pretty private people.

Agree he would be very self-centered if he thinks this is ok. I suspect he planned on an overnighter and something went wrong. If he really did just have a backpack with him, that's not enough rations to live on. Maybe he thought he could get a job and live off the land or something wild like that. I hope more people on the peninsula remember seeing him so more pieces of the puzzle can come together.

Agreed....hence my mentioning above of the manic depressive theory. I also just simply can't imagine.
I guess his sister is in these interviews because she's the oldest sibling and has kind of become the spokesperson. She's the one updating the Facebook page, she was the one who originally posted, etc. I suspect the parents think she's more internet savvy and more tech and social savvy so they're having her do it instead of them. I also suspect they're pretty private people.

Agree he would be very self-centered if he thinks this is ok. I suspect he planned on an overnighter and something went wrong. If he really did just have a backpack with him, that's not enough rations to live on. Maybe he thought he could get a job and live off the land or something wild like that. I hope more people on the peninsula remember seeing him so more pieces of the puzzle can come together.

What's worrisome is the fact that he's hitchhiking late at night, making him extremely vulnerable to bad elements along the way. And I wonder how much cash he had/or has since he left? Runaways who are serious about never coming home tend to commit petty thefts to get cash. And I hope Tyler doesn't have to resort to that option, or worse... and become the next "Bearfoot Bandit."

Good points. Yeah, depressive acts can definitely ruin people's lives. It's just a shame. And I know the family said that Tyler had no history of mental disorder but the first thing I thought was, "Well, a history has to start somewhere..." And maybe this was his "somewhere."

Maybe he talked to people (online, cell phone, chat room, in person, etc.) that convinced him to go to where ever it is they are and live with them but he had to find his own way there? That may be why he just brought a backpack and nothing more? I sure hope he doesn't become a "Bearfoot Bandit" like "Kodiak" had mentioned. That would be a waste of a young man who seems to have a lot going for him.

(This is kind of a tangent you could skip over.) I picture him as a good student and brother, but maybe that's what he doesn't want people thinking? I remember growing up always thinking that pasters children (and even strong Christian families) were always perfect and if they weren't I was always surprised until I saw a pattern that a lot of them aren't actually perfect, they actually try to "rebel" (for lack of a better word, I know some of them aren't really rebelling, it's probably just they way they are.) Example, Katy Perry a pasters kid started out singing Christian songs then went to "California Gurls", or Miley Cyrus tried all her might to not be seen as the Christian Disney girl. Some people just go overboard and others don't. And maybe Tyler is just the guy to get overboard?

I just don't see why he would leave. That's the thing. It sounds like he lived in a pretty wealthy family and home. And had some pretty good neighbors and friends that really care about him or his family. And to put hundreds of people worrying and prayer for him...

Maybe he's another one of those kids that read that "Into the Wild" book and took off.

I just don't see why he would leave. That's the thing. It sounds like he lived in a pretty wealthy family and home. And had some pretty good neighbors and friends that really care about him or his family. And to put hundreds of people worrying and prayer for him...

This is the part I keep coming back to....they seem like a loving family and the fact that he'd completely disappear and not contact them at all! That boggles the mind. Which makes me think he didn't plan to be gone this long. The peninsula, though, is one of the more remote places on this half of the state where something could happen to you and no one's around to witness it etc.

I was thinking something similar to that. Maybe he just wanted to see what it would be like for awhile.

re: the "Into the Wild" theory. New user, still trying to figure out posting. :)

I have suicide as a possibility on my mind given his last comment to his sister. It just seems like he thought he wouldn't be coming back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking something similar to that. Maybe he just wanted to see what it would be like for awhile.

re: the "Into the Wild" theory. New user, still trying to figure out posting. :)
Welcome kmj [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Tyler's father is not a pastor...just to clear that up. He is a kindhearted man who is very soft spoken and reserved. He has never been a pastor. It is a very emotional time for both parents and especially difficult for them to be placed in the spotlight. So I do respect their decision...even though I would probably be screaming and crying to every news station out there if my son ran away. While I wish it were the parents, I do understand their choice to let the oldest sister be the spokesperson. The dad didn't even have Facebook until this crisis. I know he is searching daily in every spare moment and all weekends. Heartbreaking. It is so encouraging and heart warming to see the care and concern that everyone has for Tyler. Some of your responses to my post brought tears to my eyes. Because so many of you have taken such a personal interest. At this point all I know is that we need to be deeply concerned for Tyler's well being. I think the family would love to "believe" that Tyler just went on an adventure...but as many of you have already figured out...he really wasn't that kind of kid. By "that" I mean selfish and inconsiderate. So while I know they hope for the best...they are also dreading what might have happened to him and the reason for his departure. Prayers are much appreciated.

Tyler's father is not a pastor...just to clear that up. He is a kindhearted man who is very soft spoken and reserved. He has never been a pastor. It is a very emotional time for both parents and especially difficult for them to be placed in the spotlight. So I do respect their decision...even though I would probably be screaming and crying to every news station out there if my son ran away. While I wish it were the parents, I do understand their choice to let the oldest sister be the spokesperson. The dad didn't even have Facebook until this crisis. I know he is searching daily in every spare moment and all weekends. Heartbreaking. It is so encouraging and heart warming to see the care and concern that everyone has for Tyler. Some of your responses to my post brought tears to my eyes. Because so many of you have taken such a personal interest. At this point all I know is that we need to be deeply concerned for Tyler's well being. I think the family would love to "believe" that Tyler just went on an adventure...but as many of you have already figured out...he really wasn't that kind of kid. By "that" I mean selfish and inconsiderate. So while I know they hope for the best...they are also dreading what might have happened to him and the reason for his departure. Prayers are much appreciated.

This breaks my heart...it sounds like the family may consider him as being suicidal and he left with no plans of returning? Was there any indication at all that he was having those thoughts? It sounds like no? Very sad. I can't imagine the not knowing for his family!!! :(

FB page says there is a search and rescue effort with K9's on the Peninsula to look for Tyler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have suicide as a possibility on my mind given his last comment to his sister. It just seems like he thought he wouldn't be coming back.

From what I've learned over the years about suicide, Tyler doesn't really seem to fit that scenario. He made a conscious effort to lie about where he was going and left town. He was last seen in good spirits with a backpack on and a strong intent to hike through the Olympic National Park, by the man who picked him up and gave him a ride. Suicidal people usually don't hitchhike out of town until they drop dead from dehydration or go kill themselves in some remote wilderness area. That's too much effort for someone who is depressed/suicidal. More often than not they just do it where they are. Usually in their home, car, or somewhere nearby where they can easily be found (motel/hotel, woods, etc.).

I'm sure Tyler is backpacking/hitchhiking still, wherever he is. Have they put any signs up around Olympic National Park, or at any of of the trail entrances so other hikers can see it?

FB page says there is a search and rescue effort with K9's on the Peninsula to look for Tyler.

I believe they will find him soon since they're looking in the right area where he is said to of been headed.

From what I've learned over the years about suicide, Tyler doesn't really seem to fit that scenario. He made a conscious effort to lie about where he was going and left town. He was last seen in good spirits with a backpack on and a strong intent to hike through the Olympic National Park, by the man who picked him up and gave him a ride. Suicidal people usually don't hitchhike out of town until they drop dead from dehydration or go kill themselves in some remote wilderness area. That's too much effort for someone who is depressed/suicidal. More often than not they just do it where they are. Usually in their home, car, or somewhere nearby where they can easily be found (motel/hotel, woods, etc.).

However, cases on here regularly disprove that line of thinking. Whether it's choosing a location of personal meaning, or just trying to ensure that their family don't find them, suicidal people can travel quite a long way, and not be found for quite some time. While you say "it's too much effort" for them, I can tell you from personal experience that the decision to make the pain stop can be quite invigorating; you suddenly have a purpose.

I absolutely agree with manlet. From the givens of Tyler's sighting, he does not fit the suicidal pattern. I believe he was inspired by something that led him to take a journey or adventure, perhaps some sort of quest in 'self discovery,' or 'survival challenge.'

From what I've learned over the years about suicide, Tyler doesn't really seem to fit that scenario. He made a conscious effort to lie about where he was going and left town. He was last seen in good spirits with a backpack on and a strong intent to hike through the Olympic National Park, by the man who picked him up and gave him a ride. ...

Sadly, those who eventually do decide to commit suicide are said to be in "good spirits" by those that were in last contact with them. It's like they are through with the struggle of the decision and are ready to do it, so they seem to be okay, even happy. I really hope that is not the case with Tyler, but I know that it is true in many cases.

Do we know if something spurred this Search & Rescue attention? Wouldn't it mean that after this week of knowing he was headed to Shelton etc. that there's further focusing in to search? Surely S&R won't just search aimlessly, there must be something specific they now know? But surely they would have said?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC
Back