WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, here is my fist attempt at linking. This guy was reported missing in Idaho the same day Lyle died. We know Lyle was in WA for a few days, but he could have been reported missing a few days after the fact:

http://www.isp.state.id.us/mp_viewer/showMissingPerson.action?id=M751854282

He's older, too. I dunno; just throwing it out there . . .

It's Albert Jay Pitkethly. My bad.

While we are waiting to hear about Jonathan, what about this match for Albert Pitkethly:
http://doenetwork.org/cases/73umwa.html

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pitkethly_albert.html

http://www.isp.state.id.us/mp_viewer/showMissingPerson.action?id=M751854282

The dates are off, and Skamania County is in Western Washington, and Pitkethly was last seen in Gimlet, which is in Sun Valley. That's about a ten+ hour drive if you take the Interstate.

It seems pretty far to dump a body when there are so many isolated areas in Idaho/Eastern Washington. IMHO.

Again, and I'm sorry being repetitive here, is it possible to get a sample of handwriting of John's (or anyone else being considered) and compare them?

I also think that the "Lyle" is a strong resemblence to John Depatie. It's like hurry up Montana with John's dentals....

Coldcaseman....have you heard anything else recently??

The dates are off, and Skamania County is in Western Washington, and Pitkethly was last seen in Gimlet, which is in Sun Valley. That's about a ten+ hour drive if you take the Interstate.

It seems pretty far to dump a body when there are so many isolated areas in Idaho/Eastern Washington. IMHO.

The dates are off, but then the investigators didn't have much to work with. The found mainly a skeleton. And he was suffering with a head wound from a fall, so he might have just been disoriented and taken off for parts unknown. He was last seen in Ketchum which is on the interstate, too. I was looking at the jaw line again, its very strong.

The 1st picture of Albert P really looks (to me) like it could be a match. Somehow the jawline looks totally different in his second photo, which just shows how a camera angle can make a big difference. I think it's possible.

The 1st picture of Albert P really looks (to me) like it could be a match. Somehow the jawline looks totally different in his second photo, which just shows how a camera angle can make a big difference. I think it's possible.

I did a little more research and Albert had close family in Washington state, so that would be a reason to go there. But I have a question. Both Albert and the JD have NCIC numbers. Does that mean they have both been run through a data base? If they were both entered, then I assume there was no match, or am I wrong about that? What is the significance of the NCIC number?

The dates are off, but then the investigators didn't have much to work with. The found mainly a skeleton. And he was suffering with a head wound from a fall, so he might have just been disoriented and taken off for parts unknown. He was last seen in Ketchum which is on the interstate, too. I was looking at the jaw line again, its very strong.

True, but they found his car back in Idaho. I can understand disoriented, but getting all the way to Washington State to a vacant lot in the middle of nowhere... that would take some doing.

The jawline IS compelling.

I bet it would be very simple to rule this in/out based off of the extensive dental evidence they have with the body, as well as the necklace.

FYI, I went ahead and posted this on Doe to see what people think.

The road where his car was found is right next to a "scenic highway" so it's possible he hitched a ride. I'm thinking this is a very possible match.

I also think that the "Lyle" is a strong resemblence to John Depatie. It's like hurry up Montana with John's dentals....

Coldcaseman....have you heard anything else recently??
No, and they should have received the dental by now. I'll check with the Detectives.

I did a little more research and Albert had close family in Washington state, so that would be a reason to go there. But I have a question. Both Albert and the JD have NCIC numbers. Does that mean they have both been run through a data base? If they were both entered, then I assume there was no match, or am I wrong about that? What is the significance of the NCIC number?
The NCIC number indicates that the case was submitted to the national database. When LE submits information on a missing or unidentified person, they will receive a list of possible matches, or ask for a list of possible matches based upon certain factors.

The NCIC number indicates that the case was submitted to the national database. When LE submits information on a missing or unidentified person, they will receive a list of possible matches, or ask for a list of possible matches based upon certain factors.

Thats what I thought, and since both the JD and Albert Pitkethly have NCIC numbers, am I right in assuming that The JD and Pitkethly have been compared and are not a match? Should both be re-examined?

Thats what I thought, and since both the JD and Albert Pitkethly have NCIC numbers, am I right in assuming that The JD and Pitkethly have been compared and are not a match? Should both be re-examined?

I know that Doe Network hasn't submitted it as a possible match. Someone else could have. We'll see. :)

Thanks for all of your hard work on this. How long did it take you?

So far, not long - I haven't done an official submission yet, I'll do that later tonight.

No thanks necessary, it's all about solving these cold cases. :)

So far, not long - I haven't done an official submission yet, I'll do that later tonight.

No thanks necessary, it's all about solving these cold cases. :)

Well, actually, no thanks necessary here either. Although it took me WEEKS to make the match, so I guess you are one step ahead.

Well, actually, no thanks necessary here either. Although it took me WEEKS to make the match, so I guess you are one step ahead.

Er, I didn't mean to step on your toes. I didn't even take credit for the idea of the match over there.

If you want to submit it yourself - please, it was your hard work, and I didn't mean to insult you.

I think I'm going to head off to :behindbar now...

I submitted a PM to the current detective about 2 years back and he hasn't responded. I sent it in based on the fact that the missing person's vitals were almost the same as Lyle's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marytb