WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are pictures of him hanging from the rack - from behind, from above - there is a picture of him on the floor after they took him down which I find to be particularly disturbing. His head, while hanging, is bent backwards at almost literally a 90 degree angle. They're much more intense than what we've all seen, IMO, because it's the actual *scene* of the death. It's a lot to stomach to see someone, dead, exactly as they were found.

I mean, there isn't any blood or guts or vomit or fecal matter or anything like that - but it's still disturbing and whoever looks should exercise caution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I'm thankful someone got them; I dislike that they're so public. I wish they would have posted the "scene photos" in an album where you had to click something that said WARNING GRAPHIC! DISTURBING! ETC! What if we find Lyle's family? They are forever online now. My heart breaks for them

While I'm thankful someone got them; I dislike that they're so public. I wish they would have posted the "scene photos" in an album where you had to click something that said WARNING GRAPHIC! DISTURBING! ETC! What if we find Lyle's family? They are forever online now. My heart breaks for them

This is very true. They're very haunting and extremely disturbing (though that's subjective).

Also, Anne - I would theorize that the pillows were there to silence any possible sounds (though I'm not sure how he squeezed them in between the wall and rack). I also wonder what side of the room that was on - if it's the left, chances are the rack wasn't up against the shared wall with the other unit, that it was up against the outside wall. And if that's the case, why use pillows?

Or they end up on Documenting Reality. Shudder...

Seeing those pics made me feel profoundly sad for this young man.
Somehow seeing how thin he actually was, makes Lyle appear young and vulnerable.
His hands are beautiful, poor fragile soul, hope someone claims him and brings him home. wherever that might be.
imo.

I have been quietly lurking for a long while on Lyles case. I have a few observations from the newly released pictures. In a few of the PM photos Lyles hair has almost a dark red hue. I'm curious if this is possibly an effect of a camera flash or perhaps an attempt to dye his hair or possibly even a natural hue to his hair. Also does anyone else see what appears to be a cell phone beside the coffee maker I'm also curious as to what the small green box contains beside that. And my last final observations is I find it odd that he does not appear to have very much hair on his arms or his knuckles of his hands. I know this might be an odd observation but his legs and feet appear to have what you would think to be a normal amount if hair for someone with a unibrow but his arms and hands do not. IMO

I have been quietly lurking for a long while on Lyles case. I have a few observations from the newly released pictures. In a few of the PM photos Lyles hair has almost a dark red hue. I'm curious if this is possibly an effect of a camera flash or perhaps an attempt to dye his hair or possibly even a natural hue to his hair. Also does anyone else see what appears to be a cell phone beside the coffee maker I'm also curious as to what the small green box contains beside that. And my last final observations is I find it odd that he does not appear to have very much hair on his arms or his knuckles of his hands. I know this might be an odd observation but his legs and feet appear to have what you would think to be a normal amount if hair for someone with a unibrow but his arms and hands do not. IMO

I noticed his legs had infinitely more hair than the rest of his body - is there a specific ethnicity or race where that pattern is more prevalent?

Oh yeah, pixibull - interesting observations (and welcome)! There appears to be dark hair on his lower abdomen but the arm and finger hair that you'd expect isn't there.

Maybe the detectives put their camera and cell phone on the table after they took initial photos? Maybe the green box, too? I can't read what it says. Another photo lacks the camera and possibly the cell phone, although the phone might just be outside the area captured. I think they took multiple photos of that table/desk and moved stuff around on it (e.g. one picture has coins and a pen added).

What's under the green towel on the luggage stand? It kind of looks like paper? Oh, I have to chime in and say that I think my background as a psychiatric nurse has desensitized me these types of scenes. The pics may definitely be upsetting to others.

Thank you for the welcome Annemc2. :loveyou:
Good question about the luggage rack I wondered the same thing it almost looks like poster material to me, in that photo the paper like material also appears to be sitting on a slab of wood material. I wonder if it's possible this wood and paper was sitting on top of the closet shelf and he removed it and sat it on the luggage rack with it being located in the same spot as the hangers.

I also work in health care so pm pictures don't bother me however I agree for some these pictures could be very unsettling.

That's a good question astride. I would love to hear the thoughts from someone who has knowledge in different types of ethnicity etc.
Something about Lyles body type strikes me as being still young, late teens early 20s however his face is so strong and strikingly mature so I'm conflicted a little with that train of thought.

That's a good question astride. I would love to hear the thoughts from someone who has knowledge in different types of ethnicity etc.
Something about Lyles body type strikes me as being still young, late teens early 20s however his face is so strong and strikingly mature so I'm conflicted a little with that train of thought.

Welcome to Ws and Lyle's thread, pixibull!
It was suggested that Lyle had lost weight before his death because of the extra holes in his belt.
Wonder if his strong face would look softer if he was heavier, on the other hand, maybe someone larger, gave him the clothes he was wearing?

Thanks for these. I have not followed this case as close as most of you. Without having to read the entire thread, did they say anything about his dental's? Were shovel teeth mentioned at all? TIA!

I didn't see anything with shovel teeth. He was said to have clean, nicely cared for teeth but had a filling in tooth #14

He definitely looks Native American to me. What tribe? No clue. Each Tribe has it's own unique look. Here is some info that you guys might find handy. In the meantime, I will contact some Elders and see if they can point me to a tribe that might fit him.
http://www.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_physical_characteristics_of_native_Americans
Though some physical characteristics include Almond shaped almost oriental looking eyes. Lazy eyes in children. Heavy "fat" eyelids where the eyelid appears to have an extra fold. A melanin (pigmentation) in the back of the eye on the retina peculiar to Native Americans. Teeth that have a ledge on the backside. Run your tongue across them, they feel almost like a shovel shape. Large front teeth with a slight or more than slight gap. Lack of the Carrabelli cusp on the maxillary first molars, which is missing in Native Americans. Large heavy earlobes. Crooked fingers particularly the little finger or pinky. An inverted breastbone. Often called a Chicken Breast. The bone actually makes an indentation in the chest. Little toes that lie under the next one. A second toe longer than the big toe. A wider space between the big toe and second one. An extra ridge of bone along the outside of the foot.

^^ this is just a quick reference, but it's correct. I have that long middle toe. My little toe tries to hide on me, and I have that extra ridge along my feet. If you didn't know what you were looking for, you would never see it. It sounds like I am deformed, but these things look as normal as anyone else. It's a very subtle thing, but we notice it. :)

ETA! People are always asking my MIL what nationality I am. She tells them I was here long before they were. It's the almond eyes. Mine are not as noticeable as most. Make up does wonders. :)

I didn't see anything with shovel teeth. He was said to have clean, nicely cared for teeth but had a filling in tooth #14

Sometimes they don't mention the shovel teeth. CarlK was the first one I seen mention it here. It's something that is sometimes overlooked. :) Thanks for replying. :)

Oh wait, Is it ok if I submit his pic to a few Elders? Just the one on Wiki?

Oh wait, Is it ok if I submit his pic to a few Elders? Just the one on Wiki?

Submit anything you want to because this is all public knowledge now. Also, there is a pic where you can see his foot - did you catch that?

Submit anything you want to because this is all public knowledge now. Also, there is a pic where you can see his foot - did you catch that?

Thank you very much! I'll just submit the Wiki one. I don't want to freak them out.

I seen them all. I'm researching now on the attached earlobe. That's too common to even worry about. But yes the foot is next.

Interestingly, and off topic, my mother and I have many of those characteristics including the shovel-shaped incisors and the funky thing with the little toe, but as far as we know, we don't have any native ancestry at all going back several generations.

Interestingly, and off topic, my mother and I have many of those characteristics including the shovel-shaped incisors and the funky thing with the little toe, but as far as we know, we don't have any native ancestry at all going back several generations.

Then it's a pretty safe bet to say that you are Native! I'd love to call you sister! :) I got a hold of Chief Firewolf. He's going to help if he can. By the way CB. If you have only ONE DROP of Native blood, we consider you one of us. We are, to my knowledge,the only race of people that does this. I just thought that was an interesting tidbit. I'm waiting for contact from the two Elders. If we can't give him a name, then lets give him SOMETHING. I sure would love to see this one solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez