WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is about Lyle. Keep the snarky, personalizing “you”and “yours” etc out of the posts and address the post and NOT the poster.

Members who cannot post respectfully face a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

I never read the news other than online, but I was walking past the reception area in my office today and this article was front page:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...pt-leads-dead-mans-identity-family/546694001/

I am not sure if he has a page on websleuths, which would be the appropriate place for this to be posted, but this is how I believe lyle will likely be solved.

I also found this part of the article interesting:

Then in May of this year, Simley was contacted by the FBI about a new system that matches fingerprints of unidentified deceased from the NamUs system to prints on file with the FBI.

Isn't horrible they can't find the remains... But reading this gives hope...

Besides an immense number of crime prints, the FBI print database includes people who have/had federal jobs, security clearances, and the like, so the likelihood of a match has just gone way up.

In many cases, though, there has to be a hand comparison, and other investigation, before a match goes anywhere, so even if something has turned up, it could be a long time before we hear about it.

Besides an immense number of crime prints, the FBI print database includes people who have/had federal jobs, security clearances, and the like, so the likelihood of a match has just gone way up.

In many cases, though, there has to be a hand comparison, and other investigation, before a match goes anywhere, so even if something has turned up, it could be a long time before we hear about it.

Just keep the faith Carbuff....being realistic is very welcome to me. Thank you for all your work done everywhere on WS.

The family are very fortunate that he was identified without them needing to give DNA now that NamUs lost their funding

Hahahaha...ok....thx....I'm sure you understand my crooked English/American anyways....It will take a lot longer to get your sleuthing skills...

Hahahaha...ok....thx....I'm sure you understand my crooked English/American anyways....It will take a lot longer to get your sleuthing skills...

Yes, I've always understood it; but I notice you're doing much better then when you 1st came. Just wanted to let you know that you've improved a lot

Your English has gotten a lot better :loveyou:

I know your comment wasn't directed towards me, but I think it's fantastic that non-native English speakers are welcome here. :)

I know your comment wasn't directed towards me, but I think it's fantastic that non-native English speakers are welcome here. :)

I think its great too

There are days she apologizes for English not being her native language which is why I wanted to let her know so she can relax

Sometimes it's very frustrating....because in my job in the Netherlands I write the stars from the sky....and than you have to get your ideas, thoughts and feelings in a language you learned at school, but not using very active in writing...you feel crippled and stupid..full of faults again..hahahaa never mind.....it's late again..wonderful people here..all with the same passion......

We just visited Amsterdam a couple of weeks ago. You have a very lovely and welcoming country.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Did you also see the shadow site? Wish you had told me...could have shown you a lot more..Amsterdam and the wonderful places I know...also the see-side and the country side..

But now we have to go back to Lyle.....Knowing so much about him....almost like a friend...and still an UID....life (and dead) is strange.....

Sometimes it's very frustrating....because in my job in the Netherlands I write the stars from the sky....and than you have to get your ideas, thoughts and feelings in a language you learned at school, but not using very active in writing...you feel crippled and stupid..full of faults again..hahahaa never mind.....it's late again..wonderful people here..all with the same passion......

Well I agree with the others. I think you're awesome! :)

Sweet! Thx for your compliment Tulessa. I find your contributions on WS for such a long time awesome too....respect.

Just a little while ago using the FaceApp program on my iPhone, I was able to create these reconstruction images using existing photos of Lyle. I would like to say that these will probably be the liveliest of the photos you have seen thus far. I used both his reconstruction and morgue photo for this project and hope it can do some good.

A little about me: I've been doing sleuthwork since 2010 with the Lake City John Doe (who was identified through numerous efforts in March as Fred Paul Laster) and I also am working on two UID cases in Oregon at the moment. Being a member of this group, I had to contribute these recon images because why not waste a perfectly good app eh? Lol

I have studied some of Lyle's case and must say that although I am not highly familiar with case background other than the obvious and what I've seen in profiles, it is definitely such a tragedy. There had to be some demons haunting him to the point that he had to cut short his young life. I really hope that he is identified soon.

Hope everyone gets a chance to view them and feel free to leave feedback! The link is below via Facebook's Lyle Stevik Group. (WARNING: MORGUE PHOTO IN LINK. Though it has been reconstructed to show him in life using the FaceApp, it is still a morgue photo that has been slightly doctored. Viewer discretion advised.)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1617388971625375&set=gm.1414289255305952&type=3&theater

NOTE: YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT TO VIEW THE POST. IF STILL NOT ABLE TO VIEW THEM, I'D LIKE TO HAVE A MODERATOR JUDGE THE PHOTO VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND I CAN POST TO THE FORUM WITH PERMISSION.

Just a little while ago using the FaceApp program on my iPhone, I was able to create these reconstruction images using existing photos of Lyle. I would like to say that these will probably be the liveliest of the photos you have seen thus far. I used both his reconstruction and morgue photo for this project and hope it can do some good.

A little about me: I've been doing sleuthwork since 2010 with the Lake City John Doe (who was identified through numerous efforts in March as Fred Paul Laster) and I also am working on two UID cases in Oregon at the moment. Being a member of this group, I had to contribute these recon images because why not waste a perfectly good app eh? Lol

I have studied some of Lyle's case and must say that although I am not highly familiar with case background other than the obvious and what I've seen in profiles, it is definitely such a tragedy. There had to be some demons haunting him to the point that he had to cut short his young life. I really hope that he is identified soon.

Hope everyone gets a chance to view them and feel free to leave feedback! The link is below via Facebook's Lyle Stevik Group. (WARNING: MORGUE PHOTO IN LINK. Though it has been reconstructed to show him in life using the FaceApp, it is still a morgue photo that has been slightly doctored. Viewer discretion advised.)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1617388971625375&set=gm.1414289255305952&type=3&theater

NOTE: YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT TO VIEW THE POST. IF STILL NOT ABLE TO VIEW THEM, I'D LIKE TO HAVE A MODERATOR JUDGE THE PHOTO VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND I CAN POST TO THE FORUM WITH PERMISSION.

You're best bet is to contact one of the mods in this section, send them the pic. I suggest CarlK because you used his recon. I don't think anyone would be creeped out by it, it's nothing that hasn't been posted here.

Hi there....thank you so much for your effort...I have a FB account but can't see the picture....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member