WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There usually isn't an issue with recons; other people have posted them in other cases. I agree ask CarlK since you used his recon, but other than that it should be fine.

There usually isn't an issue with recons; other people have posted them in other cases. I agree ask CarlK since you used his recon, but other than that it should be fine.

I ended up sending Carl the recon, he said go ahead and post it; so this is posted with mod approval for anyone that can't see it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• LyleReconByJasonFutch.jpg
    LyleReconByJasonFutch.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 392
I ended up sending Carl the recon, he said go ahead and post it; so this is posted with mod approval for anyone that can't see it.

attachment.php

Thanks for posting this! I was going to reach out to Carl later today and I'm glad that it had his blessing!

It amazes me what modern technology can do!

Okay, that seriously looks like a real person with the beard and stuff. Much different appearance than the clean-shaven clean-scrubbed post-mortem look. And he looks a lot older that way. Nice work, Jason!

Okay, that seriously looks like a real person with the beard and stuff. Much different appearance than the clean-shaven clean-scrubbed post-mortem look. And he looks a lot older that way. Nice work, Jason!

I completely agree! I think that these reconstruction images will provide more insight into how he looked in life in a relaxed state. This will also help, I believe, when a MP is found with a smiling photograph. Though there is the tell-tale mole on his chin, the beard and smile will also provide a big picture of Lyle in life.

It was a great pleasure taking the time to work on this and help in any way I can! I do live a few hours from Amanda Park so maybe one day I may make the trip there and explore it. Right now, I'm bogged down in Annie Doe, Ashland Doe, the Ronnie Hyde murder trial, and the big one: work lol! 😂

Wow the facial hair makes a huge difference IMO. I know it's obviously done on an app and not his real smile but it is nice to see him with a smile on his face and looking happy.

Wonderful real person...good smile...I really hope this is going to work....

He looks a lot more like your average tech-bubble hipster, too. He could have walked down the streets of Boston and nobody would have looked twice, except for the whiplash from turning to see if the back view is as good as the front. I can think of at least three guys I worked with who had that same basic look.

attachment.php

Impressive! Hopefully this offers a bit more insight into who Lyle was.

Those are awesome, Jason. Gives his appearance a whole new dimension of realism.

I did a search for Lyle Stevik at family search, there are 700+ results of people with similar names born 1966 to 1981 in the US. Does anyone have time to look thru it? I Don't have time right now

Search results - 1-20 of 731 results for Name: Lyle Stevik, Event: Birth, Place: United States, Event Range: 1966-1981

He reminds me of a young Dylan McDermott.

But the hair is Guido like, I wonder if he came from New Jersey or other state with large Italian descent communities. He might be part Italian. DNA testing should give us a clou. Also bone/teeth test to check the diet consumed. Furthermore, toxology and profiling. I can't find anything on tox. Have to check profiling though.

Furthemore, I wonder if people are afraid to come forward because of maybe the maffia.

Another thing, I think he was just a very skinny type of man. And very pale.

And, were there signs during autopsy that he could have been a prostitute?

Another thing, the picture of him still hanging is a bit too beautiful. Elongated neck. Hair combed to perfection. Clean shaven! How can all that be? No comb or razor found.

He could have been killed, forced to partially hang himself. I have looked at other people who partially hung themselves and they look bad.

Also, what are those bumps on his forehead??

He most likely ditched the razor he used to shave (as well as other items) in the trash in the bathroom and took the bag out himself. In the scene photos, there's a bag at the bottom of the bin, this was/is commonly left by maids who can set a new bag immediately after removing the one that is full and needs to be removed.

It's highly unlikely that he was forced to commit suicide. If this were the case, nobody would've left money for the room. There was also no evidence of any struggle.

As for the bumps on his forehead (I assume you mean in the front-on photo of him in the morgue), it was taken after the coroner had cut open his scalp to examine his skull. His scalp had been put back into place by Lane Youmans in order to take photos.

But what about the hair? And were dumpsters checked for the trash he gave to the cleaner on Saturday?

Pre autopsy, the rash on his face. He doesn't have it on his nose so I doubt it's from pulling the belt over his face (plus it would have messed up his hair).

We just need his dna matched against something like 23andme to find relatives. But not based on saliva but another source.

Unsure about his hair but with his head having stayed still (from the placement of the belt) and his body thrashing, I'm not too surprised it still looks in place. That's not too out of the norm when you're hanging from the front, hanging from the back is completely different all-together. :dunno: From memory, the dumpsters in the area were checked for what he might've had on him: backpack, wallet, identification, etc etc. But I don't believe any trash he might've taken out was looked for. I could be wrong though.

The detective in charge said the rash on his face was from the belt rubbing against his skin - he digitally edited it out in the front on photo of Lyle in the morgue.

I've read before that Ancestry would be able to do it without saliva but they flat-out refused as they didn't want to be involved. Stupid excuse if you ask me. :snooty:

Yes but why no rash on his nose?? There must be a way around to get him checked for relatives.

Unsure about his hair but with his head having stayed still (from the placement of the belt) and his body thrashing, I'm not too surprised it still looks in place. That's not too out of the norm when you're hanging from the front, hanging from the back is completely different all-together. :dunno: From memory, the dumpsters in the area were checked for what he might've had on him: backpack, wallet, identification, etc etc. But I don't believe any trash he might've taken out was looked for. I could be wrong though.

The detective in charge said the rash on his face was from the belt rubbing against his skin - he digitally edited it out in the front on photo of Lyle in the morgue.

I've read before that Ancestry would be able to do it without saliva but they flat-out refused as they didn't want to be involved. Stupid excuse if you ask me. :snooty:

Lyle's LE have never asked Ancestry. Years ago I gave them a list of family tree sites that accepted raw data uploads, then when Colleen Fitzpatrick identified Lori Ruff, she was contacted by a few people at Lyle's reddit to see if she can make contact with Lyle's LE. They would get the raw data needed from Lyle's file at UNT. The issue is UNT will only hand it to a government agency to extract the part needed for family tree databases. From what I've seen, Lyle's LE has been busy with other cases, has not had time to get into anything else more.

The sites that accept uploads free are Family Tree DNA, GEDmatch and My Heritage to name a few. There are others but those are the main

Something totally different, on Imgur there's somebody who compared Lyle's handwriting to a marriage certificate from 2001. The name I figured was Vinny Moore of Montesano, a street name ending in h.

Could be Church street. Or fourth street so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18