WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I agree with the part that a lot of people are just curious, but don't the authorities feel the responsibility to give closure for those who have loved Lyle?
How can we contact Colleen?

That is a lot of states which makes me wonder if he was transient by means of a job. Perhaps a construction worker. A lot of contraction groups travel from state to state often taking months to complete one job then moving on to the next.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

That is a lot of states which makes me wonder if he was transient by means of a job. Perhaps a construction worker. A lot of contraction groups travel from state to state often taking months to complete one job then moving on to the next.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I think construction worker has already been ruled out. The examiner had concluded that his hands didn't look like Lyle did any sort of manual labor.

The circus lead is just killing me. I've never seen a picture of someone that resembles Lyle as closely as the guy in that photo. Has anyone found anything further in this vein?

You know, I agree with the part that a lot of people are just curious, but don't the authorities feel the responsibility to give closure for those who have loved Lyle?

The attorney General for Somerton Man won't allow him to be exhumed so Colleen can trace his family DNA.
The best thing to do would be for the Reddit group to speak to Lyle's team, giving them the article I posted so they can decide if they want to speak to Colleen. I'll touch base with them

Sure it is; just have to have LE authorize it. I've given them the info.

Someone had asked Colleen if she could look at his case, I'm not sure what came of it. She was busy on another case in Australia, Somerton Man, authorities won't authorize to exhume him so she can get a fresh sample, there's a petition that can be signed. The Attorney General is saying people only want to know his identity because people are curious. We all know there are families behind all of the unidentified bodies.

‘My God, that’s Kimberly!’: Scientist solves perplexing mystery of identity thief Lori Ruff

Circus lead? can you please clarify? I think I missed something crucial in the discussion.

The attorney General for Somerton Man won't allow him to be exhumed so Colleen can trace his family DNA.
The best thing to do would be for the Reddit group to speak to Lyle's team, giving them the article I posted so they can decide if they want to speak to Colleen. I'll touch base with them

I asked yesterday, Urbex told me there was a thread for it. Yes, Colleen has been contacted. Crossing my fingers

Big News -- Please read!!!!!! self.lylestevik

submitted 8 days ago by -Urbex-Moderator - East Coast Canada

As of a few moments ago, I've gone ahead and made contact with Ms. Fitzpatrick, the Forensic Genealogist who solved the Lori Ruff case to see if she's willing to help with Lyle.

As soon as I hear back, I'll make a post about costs, procedure, and availability if she's available.

Here goes nothing!!!

Another Update (Circus And DNA)
submitted 1 day ago by -Urbex-Moderator - East Coast Canada

I spoke with James Judkins this morning and asked if he would take some time to see if he remembered Lyle.

"I have googled the name, read the stories, looked at the photographs. At that point in time the show was in Colorado (Steamboat Springs, Craig, Grand Junction) area. I did not recognize his photo nor do I recognize the name as anyone who may have worked for the show."

I think the circus theory has been debunked. I've spoke to a few members who worked there as well, and no one recognizes him. Moving right along...

Received a reply from Colleen, the forensic genealogist. "If the police in Amanda Park share his Y-DNA with me, I may be able to use the genetic genealogy databases to get a match to a last name. I've contacted them, but they usually don't give out that information. I will let you guys know if something comes of it."

And now, we wait.

Circus lead? can you please clarify? I think I missed something crucial in the discussion.

Someone found a circus web site with photos of a guy that resembled Lyle. This is the best I can do to fill you in. Look for more circus entries at Lyle Stevik's main Reddit board

BIG CIRCUS UPDATE!!! self.lylestevik

submitted 1 month ago by -Urbex-Moderator - East Coast Canada

Hello everyone!

I've heard back from a gent who used to work with Circus Chimera. The man in the black and white striped shirt has been identified and is alive and well... Which means it's definitely not Lyle.

He will be circulating Lyle's FB page and information to see if anyone who used to work with him knows Lyle. Stay tuned!!!

Unfortunately there are many, many people who have been cut off from their 'loved ones' for many years. They move on. They presume all is fine and they don't worry about them.

While I can't imagine not knowing where my family members are, I know of so many families who have members that argue with each other and then refuse to associate with each other. As well, what about small families who only have one other member who they have regular contact with? What if something happens to that person? The remaining person is set adrift. :(

Unfortunately there are many, many people who have been cut off from their 'loved ones' for many years. They move on. They presume all is fine and they don't worry about them.

While I can't imagine not knowing where my family members are, I know of so many families who have members that argue with each other and then refuse to associate with each other. As well, what about small families who only have one other member who they have regular contact with? What if something happens to that person? The remaining person is set adrift. :(

Yes, you are absolutely right, and I did suggest a similar theory earlier. Many, many people don't have large families or close family ties in the first place. I am one of them. I can tell you if I went missing there is definitely 1 and maybe 2 people that would be looking for me. If something happened to those people, then nobody would be looking for me. Even though a lot of people know me in the passing, very few know me personally. So, like I said before, it's not that fascinating that when somebody found and is unidentified, nobody claims to recognize or know them. Imagine cases 20 or 50 yrs ago. I would say that the more time passes the more difficult it becomes to identify someone.
1. Their loved ones may be deceased
2. People age, it's very unlikely that someone outside of your family that didn't have regular contact with you may remember you 20 or 30 yrs later.

Two recently solved cases come to find, Lori Kennedy (Mysterious Woman from Longview TX) and Jason Callahan (Grateful Doe) who both basically took off and family didn't really search. In the former, she said something like 'don't look for me' and in Jason's case his mom thought he was off doing his own thing and didn't want contact with her. Perhaps it's something like that in Lyle's case?

:confused::confused::confused:I thought the reason he cannot have his DNA tested and put into a database is because he or a family member cannot consent to the testing or exhumation, but if its OK for Isotope testing... what's the difference? Sorry, I'm confused.....

Guessing Colleen uses family tree dna- it accepts y-dna results for genealogy comparison
https://www.familytreedna.com/landing/ydna-transfer.aspx

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Colleen used 23 and me and ancestry, both of which require saliva; neither supports raw data upload.

I know her from Benjaman Kyle's case. A few years ago I gave her links to a few DNA Genealogy sites that support uploads for free.

Lyle very well could have been in my shoes. At 30 I found out my only brother was unwillingly adopted out, I found him in 04 after searching 10 years. My dad fought cancer in 05, passed in early 06. There was a lot of jealousy over my dads will and how I was his favorite. Once my dad passed, my kids and I were tossed aside. My son was the golden grand child, it's still shocking what was done to him. My dad left him his mechanics tools/ toolbox; they sold it on him.

My brother also stopped speaking to me, no clue why. I never contacted him to ask why because we moved, then my hub had cancer, lost his job, then has been working on the road the last few years so the house stuff has fallen on me. I found out on my birthday in March that he passed away Halloween of last year. A few weeks later I found out from my Hungarian cousin that his father, my "mother's" brother passed on my birthday. You would think that my "mother" would contact me at some point when her brother died on my birthday

:confused::confused::confused:I thought the reason he cannot have his DNA tested and put into a database is because he or a family member cannot consent to the testing or exhumation, but if its OK for Isotope testing... what's the difference? Sorry, I'm confused.....

His DNA is in NamUs. The isotope testing was done on a molar and hair, it gives a general location.
Doing DNA for genealogy/ family tree is a whole different ball game. I told Lyle's team about it a long time ago. It's a very new technology that may be able to be used. It very well could fall under HIPPA laws with some states. Not only that, they would need money to pay the forensic genealogist.

Very true. And there are many reasons family won't report members missing too.

Does anyone know if this guy has been turned in? http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2277dmon.html
He either fell over board or jumped from an oil tanker in Lake Ontario in 1996 and is listed in Doe under missing persons from Canada. I don't know what the chances are that he made it to shore, but maybe he did and lived for a few years in the US? I can't tell if the ears lobes are attached or not from this angle.
IgorTikhomirov
attachment.php

Attachments

• Igor Tikhomirov.jpg
    Igor Tikhomirov.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 357
What about this guy? Has he been suggested before?
Steven Mylan went missing from Ontario but his car was logged 02/14/1998 coming into America and it was found in the Grand Canyon. It doesn't state that he was driving it, but he could have been.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3362dmon.html
attachment.php

Attachments

• Steven Mylan.jpg
    Steven Mylan.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 354
I see that Lyle Stevik was suggested on Steven's WS thread a couple years ago, but can't determine if he was ever turned in and ruled out.
Does anyone know?: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...0-Mississauga-Ont-13-Feb-1998&highlight=Mylan

Interesting case, although his nose does not imo, look like Lyle's nose, a poster suggested that someone else might have driven Steven Mylan's car into the States.
Sometimes wonder if stolen identity figures in some way with Lyle's case. One would have a much harder time crossing borders and false identity, post 911.
imo, speculation.

Interesting case, although his nose does not imo, look like Lyle's nose, a poster suggested that someone else might have driven Steven Mylan's car into the States.
Sometimes wonder if stolen identity figures in some way with Lyle's case. One would have a much harder time crossing borders and false identity, post 911.
imo, speculation.

Yes, the borders used to be much easier. A driver License or birth certificate if under 18. And so many areas to border cross...

Is it possible he crossed the border and then sold the car when he got here?
He entered at Niagara Falls. He has DNA available, according to this article. Not sure if its in CODIS or at the state level. Should I turn it in and see what happens? I don't want to waste anyone's time, but if this has already been done and he's been ruled out, please let me know.
http://azdailysun.com/blogs/crimina...cle_492826ec-c742-11e3-a504-001a4bcf887a.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave