WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
in case any of you aren't on the "Identify Lyle Stevik" facebook page or the /r/Lylestevik subreddit on reddit, there's a woman in the facebook group who says Lyle looks very much like someone she used to see on the chicago metro ~15/16 years ago. She said she was 90% sure based on the PM photos (I think). It's a bit of a long shot in my opinion as the isotope analysis didn't pinpoint chicago but definitely worth a look if you're interested in combing through some missing person reports.

in case any of you aren't on the "Identify Lyle Stevik" facebook page or the /r/Lylestevik subreddit on reddit, there's a woman in the facebook group who says Lyle looks very much like someone she used to see on the chicago metro ~15/16 years ago. She said she was 90% sure based on the PM photos (I think). It's a bit of a long shot in my opinion as the isotope analysis didn't pinpoint chicago but definitely worth a look if you're interested in combing through some missing person reports.

Awesome! Love some good leads

Great, thank you. Just requested to join the group :)

I found her posts in the FB group, hopefully she can try to remember what year she saw him and when it stopped. I gave her his find a grave, also told her he may have been heavier

I still think maybe military...hmmm...because of all the isotope readings or something more sinister but I am not going there. The foster child thing is worth exploring.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Someone mentioned the confusing post mortem colleration of the body here. This mp has red horizontal stripes on his back.

Someone mentioned the confusing post mortem colleration of the body here. This mp has red horizontal stripes on his back.

I looked up "red horizontal stripes on back" and came up with a study of "Horizontal Linear Streaks on a Healthy Teenager’s Back." This particular MP was 17 when he went missing. The study indicates that the red marks could be from a rapid growth spurt, among other things, but more interestingly, it says they fade with time and become silvery (like stretch marks.). I'm wondering, since LS had lost a large amount of weight, he HAD to have stretch marks. OR what if he IS this MP and it was assumed LS had lost a lot of weight because of the presence of these faded red horizontal marks? Things that make you go hmmmmm...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I looked up "red horizontal stripes on back" and came up with a study of "Horizontal Linear Streaks on a Healthy Teenager’s Back." This particular MP was 17 when he went missing. The study indicates that the red marks could be from a rapid growth spurt, among other things, but more interestingly, it says they fade with time and become silvery (like stretch marks.). I'm wondering, since LS had lost a large amount of weight, he HAD to have stretch marks. OR what if he IS this MP and it was assumed LS had lost a lot of weight because of the presence of these faded red horizontal marks? Things that make you go hmmmmm...

Good find! I'm would like some other members opinion on the MP case and possibility of a match with Lyle.
I'm puzzeled with the weightloss...we are not sure that this was te case, are we? They think it could be, or did I missed something?

I think it was considered that he had lost weight because of the holes on his belt.

Although yes, would be interesting to know if there were any other factors.

I think it was considered that he had lost weight because of the holes on his belt.

I read the file again and his clothes were also bigger than his body size. He was very thin.

I found her posts in the FB group, hopefully she can try to remember what year she saw him and when it stopped. I gave her his find a grave, also told her he may have been heavier

I'm not sure if it's Lyle she saw. No date yet and she said he was thin, fit into his clothes. Sounds like he dressed like Lyle, but so do a lot of men. Hoping she replies with a date soon, I just asked again because she talks about bringing her son to a hospital and seeing him on the train so she should be able to recall what year her son was sick.

Exploring the Chicago idea...

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20423/100/

Doubt he is Lyle due to his story, he has dentals available so it's easy to rule out.

Ewwww here's another one... he ran away in 1985 at age 17 and possibly went to California....

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6255/108/

I think he's been deceased since arriving to CA. I always read what I can

I still think maybe military...hmmm...because of all the isotope readings or something more sinister but I am not going there. The foster child thing is worth exploring.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Military makes lots of sense. I also feel he could have had a traveling job, I can see him building/ fixing computers and working with software

Holes in his belt, his pants and clothes were loose too

I read the file again and his clothes were also bigger than his body size. He was very thin.

I'm replying in another tab, quoting as I go down the thread lol

I was thinking possibly he was in the military, too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members