WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks very much! I've lurked on this thread for a while but had to post when I saw the similarities. Look forward to hearing what other people have to say...

janvier_anthony.jpg
another pic of Antony...and the link http://www.nampn.org/cases/janvier_anthony.html I can;t recall he is discussed here before...but I have read so much cases in the last weeks so I might be wrong/

Thanks very much! I've lurked on this thread for a while but had to post when I saw the similarities. Look forward to hearing what other people have to say...

Based on the pictures only, I think a very good find! Especialy the earlobes....

I don't want to dismiss the 9/11 theory completely, but wouldn't he have had to get across the length of the country in just four or five days – which, given that he arrived in Amanda Park by bus, is a bit unlikely?

Has anybody heard the name Anthony Janvier mentioned in relation to this case? Janvier was last seen in Cold Lake, Alberta (1200km from Amanda Park, WA) in April 1998 but wasn't reported missing until five months after Lyle's death because of his "transient lifestyle". He would account for the possible Canadian accent that hotel staff reported hearing – and would it explain why US police have found it difficult to identify Lyle? Janvier is listed as 6'1, Lyle 6'2. Janvier would have been 25 at the time of Lyle's death, which is almost bang in the middle of the predicted age range for Lyle. Both have brown eyes, even though Janvier was a little heavier than Lyle when he disappeared. And significantly, Janvier is described as being 'aboriginal'.

The similarities between them are certainly striking – Janvier has the same eyebrows, jawline, top lip and an attached earlobe, from what I can tell from the RCMP's pictures. And that nose...

They're not a spitting image by any means – there are marks on Janvier's face that don't quite seem to match up with morgue photos of Lyle, including a small scar adjacent to his right eyebrow. But the similarities, the timings, the distances...? Anybody else see it?

I wonder....yes you are right in this file he is called aboriginal....but Aboriginals are from Australia....didn't they mean native??? There are a lot of native sleuthers who said they find him having a native look....and I don't see the Aborginal in Anthony...they have a very specific eyebrow sort of bone...yes I would say native

I wonder....yes you are right in this file he is called aboriginal....but Aboriginals are from Australia....didn't they mean native??? There are a lot of native sleuthers who said they find him having a native look....and I don't see the Aborginal in Anthony...they have a very specific eyebrow sort of bone...yes I would say native

Canada uses the term Aboriginal instead of Indian.

I can see some resemblance to Janvier, but Lyle had green eyes.

I don't know what 'abduction' is all about... that's the only website I've seen Janvier described as 'abducted', although his case isn't particularly well documented. He can't have been seen to be abducted if he wasn't reported missing for four years!

Lyle had brown eyes.

I don't know what 'abduction' is all about... that's the only website I've seen Janvier described as 'abducted', although his case isn't particularly well documented. He can't have been seen to be abducted if he wasn't reported missing for four years!

Lyle had brown eyes.

I couldn't find anything about the abduction, and I couldn't find anything of his court thing.....it's always the Canadian way.....not transparent, not asking the public for help...and of course a not white person....wich seems to be a real big different if you read everything about the sloppy search of native women....the search for a series of missing children....sighhhh

Don't want to offend anyone...but this is my opionion....reading, seeing a lot of things

Canada uses the term Aboriginal instead of Indian.

Ridicule!!

I can see some resemblance to Janvier, but Lyle had green eyes.

You never know what the colour of the eyes was...they chance when you are death....would not rule out on that one...

Lyle had brown eyes.
I guess its officially hazel. some of the pics looked greener to me.

I don't want to dismiss the 9/11 theory completely, but wouldn't he have had to get across the length of the country in just four or five days – which, given that he arrived in Amanda Park by bus, is a bit unlikely?

Has anybody heard the name Anthony Janvier mentioned in relation to this case? Janvier was last seen in Cold Lake, Alberta (1200km from Amanda Park, WA) in April 1998 but wasn't reported missing until five months after Lyle's death because of his "transient lifestyle". He would account for the possible Canadian accent that hotel staff reported hearing – and would it explain why US police have found it difficult to identify Lyle? Janvier is listed as 6'1, Lyle 6'2. Janvier would have been 25 at the time of Lyle's death, which is almost bang in the middle of the predicted age range for Lyle. Both have brown eyes, even though Janvier was a little heavier than Lyle when he disappeared. And significantly, Janvier is described as being 'aboriginal'.

The similarities between them are certainly striking – Janvier has the same eyebrows, jawline, top lip and an attached earlobe, from what I can tell from the RCMP's pictures. And that nose...

They're not a spitting image by any means – there are marks on Janvier's face that don't quite seem to match up with morgue photos of Lyle, including a small scar adjacent to his right eyebrow. But the similarities, the timings, the distances...? Anybody else see it?
Scars can be obtained any time before death and not known to others. For example if he had a transient lifestyle and broke a bone or got into a fight and got a gash or laceration or fell that could be it too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Missing Person: Anthony Troy Janvier, Male, , Janvier was last seen at a court appearance in Cold Lake, Alberta on April 8, 1998., Missing Location: Cold Lake, Alberta(Missing Type: Abductions), Maybe goto: Unknown, If you know any information, please contact us!

Missing type: Abductions???? hmmmmm

http://usa.51xrw.com/MissingPersonNotice-Abductions-Unknown Lost-562-Anthony Troy Janvier_562.html

I don't personally see any resemblance at all. Coloring is different, noses are different, mouths are different, face shapes are different, etc. JMO.

I don't personally see any resemblance at all. Coloring is different, noses are different, mouths are different, face shapes are different, etc. JMO.
I see some resemblance the ears, brow area, but I agree with you, lots of differences too.

I have been thinking so much about this lately and don't know why... I know that the way Lyle left this world... he didn't want us to know who he was, but it is unfair to us. I believe that as a society we should and must honor one another.... I think my desire to uncover Lyle's identity is not just mere curiosity. It has always touched me how Lyle decided to end his life, and although I may possess some understand of why he would want to do that, I still have the sense of giving him back his real name, his real identity, the real name and essence of the person that once breathed. And of course, those who loved and lost him absolutely deserve to know what happened to him.

I have always believed that if I saw a picture of Lyle, I would know it was him. I have seen so many pictures, so many possibilities and there has never been one that I suspected could be Lyle.

Always wondered why there has not been a DNA test to connect Lyle to his family... or to those who have loved him. Is it the lack of resources? or what?

Sorry for rambling, just thoughts.

Also, what's fascinating.... how is it possible to have DNA, fingerprints and the face of the person and still not be able to identify him?

I am not a person of any high significance, I know LE has my fingerprints even though I have no criminal history.

I mean... it's just so sad that no one has come to have known this young man.

Also, what's fascinating.... how is it possible to have DNA, fingerprints and the face of the person and still not be able to identify him?

I am not a person of any high significance, I know LE has my fingerprints even though I have no criminal history.

I mean... it's just so sad that no one has come to have known this young man.
I think it is quite possible he is known to his family and they out of respect for him decided to leave it be. I struggle with that, he obviously wanted no identification and then another side is I would want to know. But that is ME! I have to be respectful of what he wanted. So we may never get answers and that is fine too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I don't believe that there is anybody out there that knew who Lyle really was and just keeps silent. I feel like it's overwhelmingly obvious that people who loved him don't know what happened to him. Like any regular person, there would have been others that would recognize him and claim to have known him besides the immediate family or those very closest. After all, this wasn't that long ago and people who have known him are alive but just older. It just makes me think...are people just that careless and forgetful... How could a soul vanish one day and nobody is out there that seems to know him? Somebody would do some digging... a relative, a younger curious sibling... or something similar. I know I have. I have some distant relatives I have not seen since childhood due to timing and relocation. I have done some digging to find out what happened to them because I do have some good memories associated with this people and hoped that they are well somewhere, and hoped to reconnect and let them know that they had a good impact, no matter how big or small.

It does make me very sad for this man. He may have possibly lived a very isolated, lonely life. I do feel very hurt in my heart that he just decided to leave like this, leaving no trace for us to identify him. I don't really know why he did this. Why would a person destroy everthing that would identify him after his death? Why was this significant to Lyle? I do believe that figuring out why he didn't wish to be identified plays a key role in attempting to understand who he was. It is odd. It was a planned suicide. I am comfortable saying that most suicides aren't this elaborate or planned, so it's safe to say that Lyle had thought about it at least for a while before actually doing it. It could have been depression or it could have been something else, but that still doesn't explain why he wanted to conceal his identitiy.

I do wonder if anybody investigating this case can connect his DNA to a family, and my natural inclination is to wonder... why hasn't this been done already?
Trying to make random matches to missing persons is not an answer. There are thousands of missing people, many of which aren't even reported to be mising by anybody.

Also, if he didn't want to be identified, isn't it normal to assume that he just didn't want any attention into his life and identity? By doing this, I think Lyle has drawn more people into finding out who he was than he could have ever thought. So, my point is... by choosing not to be identified.. more people have tried to look into who he was than if he didn't try to conceal his identity.

Yes, it is strange. Now, that he is unidentified, thousands of people have looked at the autopsy photos, seen his face, the way he killed himself. It woukd have not nearly had this much attention and this much publicity if his identity was known. It does feel like a puzzle game a little bit. He assumed a name of a book character, gave a wrong address.... Almost like an irony of fate, "I am checking out and you will hever find who I am". Why would he leave such odd clues that seemingly have nothing to do with the reality of him?

Just ordered one for my grandson. It's going to be a long few months waiting for the results lol

I used 2 cash back sites, Ebates and Top cash back. Both gave me 7.5% for buying the kit. I've been doing pretty good shopping with it this weekend. Wish I had it when I ordered the 4 other kits I bought.

They received my daughters kit on December 13th and they already came back with her results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member