Warning: ad site redirect

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've just disabled JavaScript also, which means no ads, so fingers crossed it's fixed for now. I couldn't even load this page to reply and gave up after five attempts. It's definitely an ad, imo, because the redirect happens when the banner ads load. Sometimes when the first ad loads at the top of the page (so almost straight away), and sometimes after a section of the websleuths page has loaded and a subsequent as loads. Disabling JavaScript is fine for now, but obviously not a long term solution.

I've just disabled JavaScript also, which means no ads, so fingers crossed it's fixed for now. I couldn't even load this page to reply and gave up after five attempts. It's definitely an ad, imo, because the redirect happens when the banner ads load. Sometimes when the first ad loads at the top of the page (so almost straight away), and sometimes after a section of the websleuths page has loaded and a subsequent as loads. Disabling JavaScript is fine for now, but obviously not a long term solution.
ive got same mobfree.click issue on iPhone 6 Plus. I disabled Java but now I can't load WS page at all....shows an error. So I turned it back on and installed app. All working fine now. What a pain!!!!

I have this with my iPhone 5. I don't have another way to access the Internet and it's driving me crazy. I'm in the uk.

This mobfree.click diversion thing. I'm not sure but I think, for me, it comes through having the MobiMaps app open. Does anyone else use this app?

Screenshot_2016-01-16-16-32-03_kindlephoto-19369448.jpg still getting pop ups like this and page redirects using kindle. No other apps used/only websleuths tabs open. Press cancel/back button and it goes back to the page previous to the one I was reading. Driving me nuts

Not really related probably, but just within the last ten mins or so when reloading pages strange text appear between posts, on two dif threads, the same message. Bizarre but made me chuckle... think ive read here too much, im sitting here saying wtf does that mean!?!? Screenshot_2016-01-16-23-34-41.jpg

View attachment 87411 still getting pop ups like this and page redirects using kindle. No other apps used/only websleuths tabs open. Press cancel/back button and it goes back to the page previous to the one I was reading. Driving me nuts

If it's any consolation, I've also been getting this over the last few days. The box I get says something slightly different I think but it's still a free gift. Once I cancel it, it disappears for me.
On a positive note, the other redirect thing, the mobfree.click I was getting now seems to have stopped.
I've started using Tapatalk more as nothing pops up on there. I didn't like it at first and it's taken some getting used to but I'm finding it ok now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really related probably, but just within the last ten mins or so when reloading pages strange text appear between posts, on two dif threads, the same message. Bizarre but made me chuckle... think ive read here too much, im sitting here saying wtf does that mean!?!? View attachment 87434

I just went to this post you've posted, 559, and above it where you've got the strange writing, on my screen there's an advert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has been happening to me on my iphone 5 while using safari for a few days now. Today its gotten so bad that I cannot click on anything webslueths without it redirecting and I have to close out and try it again and now I can't get it to stop. It doesn't do it on any other site and not while using my pc either. It redirects to several different sites but the one I am seeing right at this moment is mtz.adsricket.et and its saying that I have been randomly selected to get an iphone6. When I click close it redirects again to an electronicpromotionscenter.com. Please help! I did clear all my browser history and that did not help.

If you are using your mobile make sure you are using the mobile template and not the desktop. Look in the bottom lower left side. You will see a drop down box and you can change the template there.

This is Internet-wide meaning there are tons of complaints coming in. There are multiple companies looking for solutions. This is a huge wheel that is squeaking very loudly at the moment.

Thanks for your patience.
Tricia
PS If possible try switching to a laptop or desktop.The problem doesn't appear to be happening with these devices. Only mobile and iPad. Please post here or email me if you are having issues on a laptop or desktop. triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

I had this happen to me and $15 was charged to my (thankfully, prepaid) mobile service. The Google ads are for 'mobifun' or 'gamifive'. The 'Australian' entity is named as 'Buongiorno Australia' but has a recorded message when you call.

To remedy stumbling across 'cracked' ads on WS at the moment, I have disabled cookies and javascript, blocked popups and location as well as resetting my Google advertising ID and installing Ultimate, Malwarebytes and Firefox (always use private browsing mode). I don't know what worked but something did : D

If you are using your mobile make sure you are using the mobile template and not the desktop. Look in the bottom lower left side. You will see a drop down box and you can change the template there.

This is Internet-wide meaning there are tons of complaints coming in. There are multiple companies looking for solutions. This is a huge wheel that is squeaking very loudly at the moment.

Thanks for your patience.
Tricia
PS If possible try switching to a laptop or desktop.The problem doesn't appear to be happening with these devices. Only mobile and iPad. Please post here or email me if you are having issues on a laptop or desktop. triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Thanks Tricia x

If I'm on a mobile (iPad), and switch to the mobile template, how do I find "new posts"?

I am having win an iPhone ad on my phone. I can't get past it on my phone won't let me x out. Cleared everything from phone went back to site in mobile view and still did it. On my kindle no problems though.

Website publishers don't have a lot of control over what kind of ads are shown on their sites when they join ad networks like AppNexus, which they have to do if they want to earn ad revenue to pay for exorbitant traffic costs. Ads bearing malware (called malvertising) are a huge and growing problem and have affected many major sites, even Facebook, Yahoo and YouTube. A good overview of the problem can be read here (CNN Money) and here (Tom's Hardware).

A specific problem I've experienced on this site is with ib.Anxs.com. It tries to load when I visit here and bogs the page down to a complete crawl. This malware is tied to AppNexus. YMMV though because ads are tailored for different browser/geographic location/operating system combos. If you're on mobile, different and more profitable app store redirects or hijacks are possible.

Step-by-step instructions on how to remove ib.Anxs.com malware here.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• irWU2fO.jpg
    irWU2fO.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 146
  • l0UKEKX.jpg
    l0UKEKX.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 149
Lots of redirects on my phone earlier, and the only way out was to close the tab. Couldn't even manage to post in this thread.

I have video ads playing over and over again and there's no way to stop them or pause them. Right now, two different ones are playing at the same time. It's slowing my computer down significantly not to mention very annoying. I am using a laptop not a phone. I've tried several adware/malware removal programs and I've blocked javascript. Is there anything else I can do? :/

The video ads are indeed annoying.
And there is no 'controls' on them to pause them --so you have not only the vid. clip but the sound as well. I'm on a desktop pc.

Tried this : chrome://flags/#enable-tab-audio-muting ; but the sound/video cannot be muted.. :(

Also tried this : www.cnet.com/how-to/add-a-mute-button-to-chrome-tabs/
Didn't work.

If anyone else finds a solution-- maybe you could post it ?

Am using Google Chrome on an older model desktop.

Solved, hopefully !
Think this might work-- if you're using Chrome , go up to the tab next to the "x", and right-click. You should get a choice of "mute tab" --click on this and a small black icon of an audio symbol crossed out should appear.
The ad won't stop running, but at least you won't hear it !
Hth.

The video ads are indeed annoying.
And there is no 'controls' on them to pause them --so you have not only the vid. clip but the sound as well. I'm on a desktop pc.

Are you unable to turn off your speakers? I use a desk top and keep my speakers turned off unless I'm watching a video, livestream, etc. I can see video ads running but don't hear them as long as speakers are OFF.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back