Warning: ad site redirect

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can someone help me get rid of these kinds of ads?Screen Shot 2016-06-22 at 8.57.28 PM.jpg

I hate it and am going crazy. Only happens here. TIA.

I love this site, but it completely ruins all of my devices. It used to just be my computer, which barely runs anymore from the problems caused here, but now it is starting on my phone!!! There HAAAAASSSSSSS to be a way to fix this! From Websleuths! I would rather pay $10 a year to not have all of the damage the pop-ups, redirections and pop-unders happening. It would sure be cheaper than having to get new devices once it damages it beyond repair.

Is it really worth it? I'm super annoyed about this today.

It's a nightmare. I've had to block Javascript on WS just so i can read the boards.

Hi Everyone,

I am so very sorry these problems are still happening. We are on it and trying our best to work it out.

There is one thing you can do to help us.

When you see an ad that is giving you a problem please take a screen shot of the ad and send it to websleuthscomments@gmail.com
Include the date and time of the screen shot.

This will help our ad companies to identify the problem ads.

Thank you,
Tricia

Can someone help me get rid of these kinds of ads?
attachment.php

I hate it and am going crazy. Only happens here. TIA.

What are you using? Tapatalk? Desktop? Phone?

Let me know,
Thanks,
Tricia

the ads were freezing my browser and sometimes causing my computer to crash. I'd be willing to pay a subscription, Tricia, if it meant no ads.

I just got one. I was on a thread and when moving to the next page, a new tab opened, it said
"popunderclicks......(otherstuff)", then the ad it opened was that one that says your computer has a virus and it freezes the page. I can't do a screenshot. It freezes most everything until I get it closed. I cleared all my computer stuff last night to have it fresh for today. At this point, I am not sure if it is something that is just in my computer or coming from here. It always starts here and then gets worse, though.

Macbook Pro with Safari--pop-up ads disabled.
Just to be clear. Websleuths has disabled and has always disabled the option for pop-up ads. We have never had a pop-up ad in our stream of ads. Having said that there is a very slight chance a non-approved pop up ad snuck through. Most likely it is something the user picked up along the way and the pop up ad is activated when you come to Websleuths and therefore it looks like it is coming from Websleuthswhen it's not.
Hope this clears things up. :)

Here are the instructions that may help with the freezing issues
--------------------------
I use Chrome and tried this and the problem was immediately fixed.

Please understand I am not a technical person at all. That's why my directions for technical issues sound just like when I give directions to anyone who is lost. I don't use tech terms. I describe everything in easy to explain landmarks.

Here goes:

Type into your address bar: chrome://plugins

Then scroll until you see "Adobe Flash Player".

Make sure where it says "Adobe Flash Player" that the blue line underneath says, "Enable". This should grey out your box and disable your Adobe Flash Player. This is where the problem originates.

If the blue line below Adobe Flash says, "Disable" then click on the word Disable and "Enable" will appear.

The blue line below Adobe Flash must say "Enable".

Then close out the screen.

This took care of the whole issue for me.

This is an Adobe Flash issue and is happening everywhere.

If you are a visitor or member and have issues please email websleuthscomments@gmail.com

Dave continues to work hard to see we are doing everything possible on our end to make sure the site runs smoothly and without interruption.

the ads were freezing my browser and sometimes causing my computer to crash. I'd be willing to pay a subscription, Tricia, if it meant no ads.

I'm on an iphone, it's updated to the lates iOS, and I am getting a TON of redirects. Factory reset my phone and it's still happening. Is anyone else experiencing this or is it something with my device?

I'm on an iphone, it's updated to the lates iOS, and I am getting a TON of redirects. Factory reset my phone and it's still happening. Is anyone else experiencing this or is it something with my device?
Let me get with our Tech guy. We haven't had any complaints lately about this type of thing but let me look into and get back with you.

You are not the only one. I also have the latest iOS update on my iPhone and it has been nearly impossible to view WS on my phone for at least 4-5 days.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and today when I tried to access the site through a Breaking New email link, I got a redirect to some virus protection link. We stopped at a Verizon store so I could get help and the Verizon employee got to see it happen again. My phone is fine but I won't be trying to get back on the site via my phone any time soon. I did come home and had no problem getting on the site with my computer.

I was told that this is a Tapatalk/phone issue. I don't know why it only happens on Websleuths. I'll keep looking into it but so far, I am told it is not a Websleuths issue.

Please, if anyone else has this problem or any problem post it here. The more information I can get the better chance I'll have of finding out what is wrong.

Last week I had installed Tapatalk for the first time ever but since I don't post much at all and I didn't have time to really understand it, I uninstalled it a few days later. So it wasn't on my phone yesterday when I accessed the site but it had been on my phone earlier in the week. I like accessing the site from my computer better anyway and I have no problem doing that.

In case it helps, I'm not having any issues on iPhone (iOS 9.3.3). Tapatalk works fine. WS full and mobile version works fine. I had issues months ago with WS on the iPhone and the only way I could get it working was using an app called . I ended up switching to Tapatalk. But WS seems fine again.

I was told that this is a Tapatalk/phone issue. I don't know why it only happens on Websleuths. I'll keep looking into it but so far, I am told it is not a Websleuths issue.

Please, if anyone else has this problem or any problem post it here. The more information I can get the better chance I'll have of finding out what is wrong.

I experienced it on my IPhone as well this week. I do not have Tapatalk. Every time it redirected, I just kept pushing the return button and eventually (after usually 8-10 tries) I could see the link I was trying to get to. Hope this helps.

Tricia,
I'm having the same issue when I'm on WS using my iPhone. This has been occurring for quite some time. I don't have this issue with other sites and my phone. No issues with my Mac computer or iPad. I don't have Tapatalk on my phone. My phone is updated. My husband is a former computer analyst and he's looked for ways to block these redirects and hasn't had any luck yet.

Let me get with our Tech guy. We haven't had any complaints lately about this type of thing but let me look into and get back with you.

Thank you. This helps a great deal. I've been asked to ask you all if you can get the addresses for the re-directs. That will be a big help.

I'm sorry you are having these issues. Our tech person is on it and hopefully, we can figure out what is going on.

Tricia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guttertroll
Back