Warren Jeffs FLDS compound in Texas surrounded by police #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I just hope that everyone understands EXACTLY what we are turning these children over to. As per my previous link the state of Texas is not prepared to handle this. Abuse is simply abuse. If it takes place in a home the well meaning government put you in OR it takes place in your familiar home surroundings.

As far as abuse, there is no evidence of abuse of young children at YFZ.

Ok, so this was an opinion?

It's a bit frightening to me that "Uncle David" is still so loyal to the FLDS. Clearly, he is not living outside of the compound by choice, and yet he is supporting the cult completely. I would love to know where he lives. It makes me wonder if he has begun a splinter group.....

Thank you Fairy1! That was very interesting.... I bet CPS finds out alot about him before they hand the boys over. Why would he be so vague if he lived in Nevada / if he wasn't hiding something?

Glow - I've asked you before and I'll ask you again - since you never responded - what exactly is your position on this issue? Are you pro-FLDS or anti-government? The FLDS children obviously need assistance, but you appear to assume the assistance available to them is lacking. Considering the circumstances at hand, on what do you base your opinions?

I think there's going be a number of children that are going to be termed "abandoned" as no parents can be found.

If the reports are true that a number of the men who were at the YFZ ranch are gone, and the women are refusing to cooperate, there may end up being a lot of abandoned children. Clearly, the fact that the women have lied about their identities makes anything they say suspect. DNA will be need to prove relationships.

With them being abandoned it will make it close to impossible for a family member who is not in the FLDS get the kids from CPS.

Thank you Fairy1! That was very interesting.... I bet CPS finds out alot about him before they hand the boys over. Why would he be so vague if he lived in Nevada / if he wasn't hiding something?

Doubtful CPS will hand the children over to him. Wherever he lives, I feel certain LE can find out whatever they need to know. He has to have something to hide or we would know exactly where he lives and what his game is. I hope so anyway!!!

It's a bit frightening to me that "Uncle David" is still so loyal to the FLDS. Clearly, he is not living outside of the compound by choice, and yet he is supporting the cult completely. I would love to know where he lives. It makes me wonder if he has begun a splinter group.....

The article I posted, from the Salt Lake Tribune, states he drove 1200 miles from Nevada to Texas to do a DNA test.

There's a FLDS community in Mesquite, Nevada - not too far from Las Vegas. If the information I saw is correct, that he got into a dispute with Warren Jeffs, he may have left Colorado City and relocated to the Mesquite, Nevada community. That would account for his firm belief in the FLDS.

Just fine thank you! :blowkiss: Hope you are too!

Told hubby tonight that if I lived in Texas I'd of contacted CPS & taken several of them in. Just so sad.....

:blowkiss: You have such a good heart!

How many babies are buried there at the compound? After hearing about the waterboarding I have to wonder if any of them died from that or another type of abuse.

VB

I found this interesting:it was on the timeline at:
www.FLDSTruth.org

Lots of officers stirring around. 'Prison laborers' clean up around the houses and public areas. Officers leaving in groups throughout the morning and early afternoon. Walking privileges restored by noon. Vehicles impounded are returned throughout the afternooon. By mid-afternoon all officers are gone with the threat that they 'may return'.
Wednesday, April 09, 2008 8:00:00 AM

First we have heard of "PRISONER laborers" has anyone else heard of it? I know many of you have really researched the FLDS & may of seen it.

The article I posted, from the Salt Lake Tribune, states he drove 1200 miles from Nevada to Texas to do a DNA test.

There's a FLDS community in Mesquite, Nevada - not too far from Las Vegas. If the information I saw is correct, that he got into a dispute with Warren Jeffs, he may have left Colorado City and relocated to the Mesquite, Nevada community. That would account for his firm belief in the FLDS.

IDK - I have been to Mesquite many, many times and have never heard of an FLDS community there. That is not to say there isn't one, but in recent years, the Mesquite community has grown greatly and would likely be considered fairly "mainstream" now. It is definitely a largely LDS community, but I can't envision an FLDS sect being there nowadays...

ETA - I have seen many polygomists in the St. George, UT area in years gone by. They aren't difficult to spot, as you can imagine.

Tip sheet called offensive by FLDS members
SAN ANGELO, Texas - A tip sheet provided to Texas case workers working with women and children from a polygamous sect has outraged an attorney working with their families, who says it promotes unfounded stereotypes.
The "Cultural Competencies" tip sheet warns that workers should expect FLDS members to be fearful, self-destructive and distrustful of government.
Sect members believe "other religions and gentiles are doing Satan's work," it says, and warns that mothers may display "learned and enforced helplessness" that renders them incapable of making decisions for their children.
Salt Lake City attorney Rod Parker, acting as a spokesman for the families, said the sheet was put together with the help of anti-polygamy activists and exemplifies the state's bias in dealing with the religious sect.
http://www.sltrib.com/faith/ci_9020363

Dang! They try to be culturally sensitive and prepare caseworkers for differences and challenges they might face, and they get slammed for that too. I really think that if they had put these women up in the Ritz, they still would have come up with complaints.

Tip sheet called offensive by FLDS members
SAN ANGELO, Texas - A tip sheet provided to Texas case workers working with women and children from a polygamous sect has outraged an attorney working with their families, who says it promotes unfounded stereotypes.
The "Cultural Competencies" tip sheet warns that workers should expect FLDS members to be fearful, self-destructive and distrustful of government.
Sect members believe "other religions and gentiles are doing Satan's work," it says, and warns that mothers may display "learned and enforced helplessness" that renders them incapable of making decisions for their children.
Salt Lake City attorney Rod Parker, acting as a spokesman for the families, said the sheet was put together with the help of anti-polygamy activists and exemplifies the state's bias in dealing with the religious sect.
http://www.sltrib.com/faith/ci_9020363

Dang! They try to be culturally sensitive and prepare caseworkers for differences and challenges they might face, and they get slammed for that too. I really think that if they had put these women up in the Ritz, they still would have come up with complaints.

This is part of their plan to be impenetrable. These people have been trained to play the victims to the outside world. This is part of their pathetic plan to garner public sympathy and outrage. I surely hope the TX authorities have a plan to counter this shameless display of alleged persecution. If the FLDS is allowed to spin this their way without response from the authorities, it will all be fruitless. The FLDS freaks will continue their pedophilia and brainwashing for decades more which will only add to their numbers and power.

I don't know if this has been posted yet. Probably. I'm quite slow on the uptake. But, I couldn't help compare the phony, frighteningly robotic stepford wives of the FLDS with these ex-members and friends and family of current members on the trailer for "Damned to Heaven". Check out the lady at the end. Now that's real emotion! That's true sorrow, true anguish. You couldn't hide that level of pain if you wanted to. And, that pain was caused by the same group who now "cries" on their porches, wanting us to believe they are the real victims. It's sick and so very, very tragic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1cTk2cJQac&NR=1

A guy my husband knows who works for CPS in San Antonio told my hubby that they recieved 20 of the children...wouldn't elaborate further.

IDK - I have been to Mesquite many, many times and have never heard of an FLDS community there. That is not to say there isn't one, but in recent years, the Mesquite community has grown greatly and would likely be considered fairly "mainstream" now. It is definitely a largely LDS community, but I can't envision an FLDS sect being there nowadays...

ETA - I have seen many polygomists in the St. George, UT area in years gone by. They aren't difficult to spot, as you can imagine.

This site mentions Mesquite and Las Vegas, I wonder if the FLDS community is somewhere between Las Vegas and Mesquite? It's been some years since I've been to Mesquite, so I probably wouldn't recognize it. :

http://www.childbrides.org/NVgovt.html

This is a pay article but the short tidbit it provides says that the school district shipped in school supplies for the kids several days after they arrived and that teachers were sent to teach art, math and physical education.

http://www.edweek.org/login.html?so...4polygamy.h27.html&levelId=2100&baddebt=false

Good to know! Let's educate these kids, teach them to read. Then we have a shot at deprogramming them. Once they learn how bad their former lifestyle was, give them therapy.

Good to know! Let's educate these kids, teach them to read. Then we have a shot at deprogramming them. Once they learn how bad their former lifestyle was, give them therapy.
I would bet reading is the one thing they are taught in the cult so that they can read The Book. I hope they learn to play, to learn they do have choices, and to know it is OK to have feelings and to love. I hope they learn what the world is like outside of their compound and that they want to be part of it. I hope they learn there are good people who truly care about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3