Warren Jeffs FLDS compound in Texas surrounded by police #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What disturbs me is these children have probably never been involved in life out of the sect. When they get thrown into everyday society it may be too much for them and they won't be able to adjust. They are used to life a certain way and to have it all taken away and learn something new is going to be frightening to them.
I just hope they can get some kind of counseling and support to help them to adjust to a possibly different life for them.
My prayers for the children.

I did state that, but after thinking about it for a bit. I think you're right, he didn't create a religion out of pedophilia, but incorporated it into the FLDS beliefs. Anyone who disagreed with him or he perceived as threatening his leadership, during his early years was immediately tossed out. Eventually, all that was left was blind followers, and then he culled that group even further, taking only the worthy on to Eldorado.

Now, the men are saying they didn't know it was against the law to marry children. And the women somehow managed to miss the fact that marriages were occurring at all.

Yes - you stated exactly what I think.

I mean it's splitting hairs a bit - but important to me from the fanaticism side of things. I don't believe either of us wish for children to have sex with adults - this is never right and I am grateful we have laws against us.

Still, I am sure many members of this sect, children included, consider it normal and holy.

I still remain concerned for the children's welfare and the way things were handled. Thank goodness this didn't turn into another Waco, but for young children who have only known the familiarity and comfort of the compound, being split up and sent into foster care seems like another round of shock and abuse. I don't have any brilliant ideas yet about how things could have been handled differently, but not having solutions has never stopped me from voicing my opinion!

Aside from the child abuse issues (and those are substantive obviously), I would have preferred these folks be left alone.

What disturbs me is these children have probably never been involved in life out of the sect. When they get thrown into everyday society it may be too much for them and they won't be able to adjust. They are used to life a certain way and to have it all taken away and learn something new is going to be frightening to them.
I just hope they can get some kind of counseling and support to help them to adjust to a possibly different life for them.
My prayers for the children.

Yes, pooky - this is what I think exactly. Their "rescue" is so intrinsically traumatic - what is being done to address that?

Me too with the 3 Moms....

The men know better / the idiots manufactured a website / they know how to use a computer / I'm sure they are full aware of DNA testing. Most are guilty of all charges & know it & chose to run & hide like the loosers they are. They have defrauded the welfare system for years & now the state of Texas is saying this is enough!!!! I hope they find the Dads & drag them back to Texas & insist on DNA testing to make them pay ALL child support!

:woohoo: For Texas!!!!

Somehow they have to get at the trust fund money to support these kids. Yeah, the dads running speaks volumes about their character. Obviously they care more about their hides than either their wives or children. But even if the men are brought back to face the music, there is no way one man could support 20 or more kids on one honest income (not to mention the wives).

I truly hope the government has the ability to break up this cult and take control of the money - not just the trust money, but those companies that have the multi-million dollar government contracts too. I hate to see this burden put upon the taxpayers when there are funds to cover many of the charges, if only the state can get control of the money.

I think that there are many many violations of laws that can be used to confiscate the property. Since the land was purchased as a "hunting retreat" there must be countless violations of zoning laws, building permits, and building codes. Fine them to the max for each and every violation, and MAKE THEM PAY!

I disagree that Jeffs created a religion out of pedophelia.

I do not minimize the abuse children suffered at Jeff's hands and direction. I consider him scarier than a pedophile because a person can be a pedophile and not molest children. But - as you point out - Jeffs's fanaticism indoctrinated children into a way of life that used sex to control children and deemed it normal and, indeed, godly.

You might be right about Jeffs being more than your average pedo. I wonder if he doesn't have a strong streak of sadist. Certainly some of the orders he has given and reports of some of the marraiges he has arranged leads me to wonder if perhaps he isn't aware of some of the pain he is causing and perhaps enjoys it. One of the marriages I am thinking about in particular is the girl that says she went to him and asked to be given to one boy, he arranged her marriage to a man for the next day.

SCM, you kind of got into this late. Have you seen the utube video of Jeffs teachings of young girls? I don't have the link, but it is in here somewhere.

Yes, pooky - this is what I think exactly. Their "rescue" is so intrinsically traumatic - what is being done to address that?
I would like to think that the CPS has a staff of trained and qualified social workers and child psychologists that are capable of handling this issue in the best way possible. It is always traumatic for children to undergo change. Heck my own daughter at the age of 7 cried for days when we moved across town! But I also know kids are resilient and if nurtured most will be able to survive and thrive. We've seen several examples of women who have left, and have adjusted to society. I think there are many more reasons to be hopeful for the future of these children than to be negative and second guessing about the treatment they are receiving.

Aside from the child abuse issues (and those are substantive obviously), I would have preferred these folks be left alone.

Oh, I really disagree with the idea of them being left alone. First, there is the concept of "bleeding the beast", which is ultimately us, the taxpayers. The financial support of this group by government agencies is astronomical ... especially considering that they have more than $10M in trust. 2. Aside from the issue of child abuse, I believe that polygamy is abusive, in and of itself, and is illegal. There is no constitutional protection for bigamy or polygamy.

It is my understanding that the caseworkers have been talked to about the cultural issues and about respecting them. Yes, some trauma is ineveitable. But being taken by children's services is traumatic for all kids. So CPS is used to that.

I also thought about the kids not being used to being out of the compound. With the mothers present leaving the compound and with the tension, they most likely had limited perception of the outside world. But now, leaving the shelter to go to group/foster homes, can you imagine their curiosty and their faces as they see open land, traffic, many homes and the other sights that will be so new to them. For them it must be like tourists visiting a new country for the first time.

I hope the children adjust to their new surroundings quickly and that therapy will be available for those who have problems.

This is from one of the links above and I agree completely:

Perhaps the adults in this self-destructive situation are too brainwashed to be persuaded that what they are doing is most emphatically not "God's will." But the world simply cannot turn a blind eye while they forcibly inflict these beliefs - and their consequences - on their children.

Good to know! Let's educate these kids, teach them to read. Then we have a shot at deprogramming them. Once they learn how bad their former lifestyle was, give them therapy.

Do you remember a couple of the "Mothers" saying they "begged" the CPS to give their children something to do, they were used to always doing something? And come to find out, the community was providing toys for the children, they had a playground available and the school was starting their education.

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN0727298120070614?

Arizona has about half the world's population of known fumarase deficiency patients," said Dr. Theodore Tarby, a pediatric neurologist who has treated many of the children at Arizona clinics under contracts with the state.

"It exists in a certain percentage of the broader population but once you get a tendency to inbreed you're inbreeding people who have the gene there, so you markedly increase the risk of developing the condition," he said.

Oh, I really disagree with the idea of them being left alone. First, there is the concept of "bleeding the beast", which is ultimately us, the taxpayers. The financial support of this group by government agencies is astronomical ... especially considering that they have more than $10M in trust. 2. Aside from the issue of child abuse, I believe that polygamy is abusive, in and of itself, and is illegal. There is no constitutional protection for bigamy or polygamy.

And don't forget the incest that is going on. Marriages between close relatives (cousins, uncles/neices) is being done, and it is showing up now in disabilities.

It is my understanding that the caseworkers have been talked to about the cultural issues and about respecting them. Yes, some trauma is ineveitable. But being taken by children's services is traumatic for all kids. So CPS is used to that.

I talked to one of the places where some of the children are going to be living this morning. They are being kept separate from the rest of the group, and are being transitioned as easily as possible. The CPS workers that have been with them from the beginning seem to be the ones working with them for now, rather than the workers from the homes, from what I gathered. I am going to begin a drive for used sewing machines, etc. Am waiting on a call from the home to see exactly what they need, if anything. They are ALWAYS in need of the sewing machines though, so that will definitely not go to waste.

I don't think they are going to rush these kids into "mainstream" society in any way, shape or form. They have made every attempt possible to place them together, isolate them from the rest of the population where they will be living, and educate the workers that will be working with them. There will, of course, be major adjustments for the kids (as there will be for the facilities), but I don't think there's any rush to "mainstream" them.

I'll keep watching local news reports and update you if I hear differently. And trust me, if I hear differently, I'll be the first one to scream LOUD and LONG !! The kids need stability, love, and nurturing right now.

You might be right about Jeffs being more than your average pedo. I wonder if he doesn't have a strong streak of sadist. Certainly some of the orders he has given and reports of some of the marraiges he has arranged leads me to wonder if perhaps he isn't aware of some of the pain he is causing and perhaps enjoys it. One of the marriages I am thinking about in particular is the girl that says she went to him and asked to be given to one boy, he arranged her marriage to a man for the next day.

SCM, you kind of got into this late. Have you seen the utube video of Jeffs teachings of young girls? I don't have the link, but it is in here somewhere.

Mysteriew,

I will go find that video. I tried to read most of the links but do not recall that one.

I agree with you that sadism may be a part of Jeffs. That would not surprise me. Many sadists are by nature controlling. I would be fascinated to read a psychological report of him. Also, some Christians are given to the notion that suffering is a good thing. I can see someone warped wrapping that into a concept of "I am their spiritual leader, so I should make them suffer because that is God's will, etc..etc..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3