Warren Jeffs FLDS compound in Texas surrounded by police #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for keeping us on track, Ladybass. I got off on a tangent and this is what is important.

It makes sense that the only Mothers allowed to stay will be the minors. Therefore also part of the abuse investigation. It has to be very difficult to interview the little ones with the Mamas watching and influencing their answers.

Will you now be on your way to Texas? Will you be able to keep in touch with us?? I know you will not be able to go into detail but maybe just overviews. I know all of us would love to know how those children are coping.

Thank you for keeping us on track, Ladybass. I got off on a tangent and this is what is important.

Will you now be on your way to Texas? Will you be able to keep in touch with us?? I know you will not be able to go into detail but maybe just overviews. I know all of us would love to know how those children are coping.

I am just waiting for a call from one of the organizations. As soon as I get that I will start making plans to do whatever I can to help. Not sure if I will have access to the computer while I am there or not. Will try to keep you all updated as I can.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=3119067

Adult mothers who have been allowed to stay with their young children since they were taken from a polygamous sect will be separated from them after DNA sampling is completed next week, a child welfare official said Saturday

Attorneys are headed to the ranch to take a look at the living conditions.

They are trying to convince the attorny's that there is no sexual abuse, or physical abuse going on at the ranch.

They will be seperating the mothers from the children on Monday as well.

They will be taking bucal swabs at the coliseum, and then bring the mobile lab out to the ranch . Testing results could take 5-7 days possibly up to 30 days.

Flora Jessop ---

Does not know whether the calls she got were from the same "sarah" that made the calls to Texas authorities. Regardless whether Sarah can be found CPS found several "sarahs" that were underage. They have a very strong case.

Education they recieve would cut out full chapters, no pictures in the text books. They are taught that there body is the most eviliest thing, don't look at it, don't touch it kind of thing.

You don't tell them that what they were living was bad. You just allow them to come to that realization...

Flora is still in contact with alot of the FLDS members, and they all know how to get a hold of her, if they want help in escaping.

A former FLDS wrote:

“I had the experience as a child of my mother remarrying several times. [because father was booted out by Jeffs.] I got to feel first hand what it was like to be told ‘He is not your father any more. This is your Priesthood Father, your only father.’ As a child, I was willing to adapt; I accepted it and pretended it was so. Then my father changed, again and again. The whole experience hurt me very deeply, but recently I have been able to see that living as a child through it has made me determined to never put my own children through it. The consequences are very real to me, as I believe they will be to the rising generation of the FLDS.

The consequences of a broken home are not real to Warren [Jeffs] and many of the adults who lived in homes where their parents were together for their entire childhoods, but the rising generation will feel the pain like raw, open wounds. The parents may experience bliss and enjoy the variety, but the children will have a story to tell that isn't so romantic.”

(The excerpts about the former members were posted by a poster named FLDSexpert in the comments at the San Angelo link.)

One kicked out member wrote, “THERE IS NO LOVE. The only motivation out there is FEAR. They live in fear of having all that they hold dear removed from them. They live in fear of going to hell because they do not implicitly obey the fiendish dictates of a man in a desperate power struggle, who just can't seem to get enough.”

"Jeffs has been quoted, “If you are not one of us, you are not worth the powder to blow you to hell.” This was said about a family member that had left the FLDS. The shunning is severe.

Once heard from the FLDS pulpit, “all apostates and gentiles (non-FLDS), in the eyes of God, are nothing more than dogs and cats and cows and horses, and they are already dead.”

That reminds me of what former member Laurene's father said about abuse of her and others. It's not just apostates (those of us who are non flds) but their own they consider like animals.

"He said at the time he didn't view his fondling of his daughters as abuse. It wasn't sexual, he said, claiming it was "on the same premise as our religion." "I had the idea that I was the big boss," he said. "I believed those children were mine." He compared his position to a farmer with his animals. But he also said "every intimacy which I had with them, they understood perfectly that if I did anything they didn't like, to tell me and I would not do it."

Trying to keep up with all of this, I thought this was going to be getting it's own forum so we could spread out the threads more - does anyone know if that's going to happen?

I'm totally confused on the "underwear" posts and how Rosita (?) plays into all of this. Do they think she's the one who made the call to 911 claiming to be Sarah, or am I way off-base here?

This is mind-boggling. My prayers for all of those children, and for the mothers to get out of that "religion" and into the real world.

About the undergarments that are worn all the time. Mormons also have special undergarments they are supposed to wear. My husband has some co-workers who are Mormon and he was telling me about a man who is new there who makes it a point to position himself at times so you can see the undergarment so other Mormons can see that he is being a "good Mormon" This is a man who is a proffesional, well educated public employee.

VB

Trying to keep up with all of this, I thought this was going to be getting it's own forum so we could spread out the threads more - does anyone know if that's going to happen?

I just sent a pm to a mod to see how a seperate forum is coming along. Will let you all know if I get a reply back

I just sent a pm to a mod to see how a seperate forum is coming along. Will let you all know if I get a reply back
Thank you, it would be soooo much easier to have the different topics spread out, here's hoping!! :D

I'm totally confused on the "underwear" posts and how Rosita (?) plays into all of this. Do they think she's the one who made the call to 911 claiming to be Sarah, or am I way off-base here?

This is mind-boggling. My prayers for all of those children, and for the mothers to get out of that "religion" and into the real world.

Hi SieSie,

I'm a bit confused about the "underwear" posts as far as LDS goes, but the FLDS women members wear long-john type underwear year round. They don't even take it off for a bath (leave it on one leg I think, then move it to the other leg?), and also leave it on for "intimate moments" with their "husbands"...........ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

As for Rosita, she has been arrested in Colorado, and is being investigated by the TX Rangers. they found something that leads them to believe she may be involved in the calls to the TX hotline. Here's a good article from the Houston Chronicle on the investigation: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/life/religion/5713823.html

Hi SieSie,

I'm a bit confused about the "underwear" posts as far as LDS goes, but the FLDS women members wear long-john type underwear year round. They don't even take it off for a bath (leave it on one leg I think, then move it to the other leg?), and also leave it on for "intimate moments" with their "husbands"...........ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

As for Rosita, she has been arrested in Colorado, and is being investigated by the TX Rangers. they found something that leads them to believe she may be involved in the calls to the TX hotline. Here's a good article from the Houston Chronicle on the investigation: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/life/religion/5713823.html
Hiya Barb, thanks so much for the answers and the link. :blowkiss:

How could you have intercourse with underwear on??? :waitasec:

About the undergarments that are worn all the time. Mormons also have special undergarments they are supposed to wear. My husband has some co-workers who are Mormon and he was telling me about a man who is new there who makes it a point to position himself at times so you can see the undergarment so other Mormons can see that he is being a "good Mormon" This is a man who is a proffesional, well educated public employee.

VB

That's true, this article explains it well. Adult Mormons do this, but unlike the FLDS, it can be taken off while bathing or being intimate with a spouse:

http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/mormon/underwear/

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/d/d9/225px-Garment.jpg

Did anyone hear the guy speaking on Nancy Grace tonight. He said, that the young guys would work & give all of there paychecks to the FLDS so they could get a young wife?I wonder if that would be considered slavery/ sold to the highest bidder or what.........just when you think you heard it all more comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela