Was BR involved? #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Burke has admitted to being downstairs the night of the murder, after having been put to bed.

He says he maybe ate pineapple that night.

And has now said that he was not awake during the 911 call after previously admitting the voice on the tape sounded like him.

I find all of these quite significant. I don't think Burke was well prepared for this interview at all, and I am honestly shocked he was allowed to go ahead with it.

Hubris. I'll bet JR was against this interview, IMO.

:cow:

Oh my lord, I said this EXACT thing to my husband after watching the show about Jonbenet that came on Investigation Discovery channel last night (they showed snippets of the CNN interview, etc). I told my husband that she totally reminded me of Susan Smith. We've been arguing over this case recently... he believes in the intruder theory. He just doesn't want to believe that 'upstanding' and well-to-do parents could commit any such crime.

Sometimes there is a price to be paid for well-to-do and upstanding, IMO. And sometimes that price is far beyond what we, the peons, can ever imagine. I believe there was a reason LA counted her bullets.

In my OPINION of course.

I just got to the part on DP about bed wetting. It's hard to tell if he's saying that he and JB both wet the bed a few times a week in 1996...or just when they were younger. Because right before that he says something like "when she was 6? I don't know." And then he goes on to say they both wet the bed. It just makes it sound like he's talking about when they were younger. (Though still a bit of a red flag if he's old enough to really remember it.)

Even if it did come out Burke was involved nothing legally can be done right ?

Exactly right, Burke can never be charged.

People can, however, judge him- which they would.. ultimately opening up judgement of his parents, which in my opinion is really all the Ramsey's cared about or were concerned with after no true bill was handed down for their indictment.. All they have ever cared about was their precious reputation.

Because what they did to other people if it was Burke makes them truly despicable in my eyes. Money may have bought them their precious freedom but it has not managed to save their reputation in the end. For that I am grateful.

I can't imagine that law enforcement had any conclusive proof or concrete idea that Burke did it, if he did. They are not going to waste years pretending to investigate things, just to not name a 9 year old as the killer. If they knew he did it with any reasonable amount of certainty, they'd just quietly stop going after leads. They definitely would not have arrested JMK!

Not all of them, not even most of them, but key players such as Mary Lacy. I think some people would help make it go away if they felt it was being dealt with "in house" and the risk was largely controlled going forward, especially given there was not a lot to be gained pursuing traditional legal channels due to his age.

Okay that interview left a lot unknown. But there is one thing I can say without a doubt.....If BR did not have anything to do with the murder of his sister he certainly does not miss her. Not an speck of emotion or a eye filling with tears from a sibling who is talking about his murdered sister. I know people who have lost a sibling and they can't talk after 20+ years without their eyes welling up with tears. Something is not right here!

Okay that interview left a lot unknown. But there is one thing I can say without a doubt.....If BR did not have anything to do with the murder of his sister he certainly does not miss her. Not an speck of emotion or a eye filling with tears from a sibling who is talking about his murdered sister. I know people who have lost a sibling and they can't talk after 20+ years without their eyes welling up with tears. Something is not right here!

Well if he is not involved and does not know the truth then he could have built up a lot of resentment in 20 years that her death has ruined his and the family's lives ?!

Now I'm suddenly wondering...is it possible that Burke and Jonbenet were alone at that table eating pineapple? My gut reaction to hearing Patsy answer questions about the pineapple was that she was genuinely shocked when investigators told her about it. I've seen her lie many times, but I actually thought she was telling the truth on this. So then, how would her prints be found on the bowl? Is it possible, at some point, she stored the bowl in the fridge and Burke just took it out on the night of the 26? Is it possible that Patsy wasn't actually there during the eating of the pineapple?

Hmmmm.

I think there was resentment before she was even murdered. "My Dad loved her a lot" BR said. (did not say my PARENTS) Also, the way he said that he spent alot of time with is Mom too. Almost like reaffirming it to himself.

Mountain Kat I agree with you on her reaction about the pineapple in the bowl. That was a genuine reaction of shock. I caught that too. I took it as I would NEVER leave food out on my counters how could that have been there!

Asperger's comes to mind when watching Burke. High functioning, awkward in social situations and emotional situations. There is definitely something there that I am guessing his teachers were aware of. Whether he was ever diagnosed for it or received special services, that would be interesting to know.

Well if he is not involved and does not know the truth then he could have built up a lot of resentment in 20 years that her death has ruined his and the family's lives ?!

IMO that may be very true. After all, it's done, over, why should I/we suffer? That is how I kinda see it, but I may be being too kind.

:cow:

I guess I'm just a little surprised you have a lot of experience with kids on the autism spectrum. Because I don't have tons of experience...but even I have known some who just aren't necessarily very curious about what other people are doing or feeling. So to me, it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for a child on the spectrum to not investigate the goings on that morning. And it wouldn't necessarily be sinister either. It's just the way their brains work.

In the first episode of Dr. Phil he did make a comment along the lines of "maybe I just felt safer" in my room....something like that. I took that as not really wanting to know what was happening. Ignorance is bliss, so to speak.

I do wonder if he heard something earlier - his parents talking? Yelling? Figuring out what to do with JB? And has just suppressed it as a "survival" method or something.

I feel like such a broken record here....but no two children are the same. And IF a child has developmental delays or is on the autism spectrum...it can be vastly different than a neurotypical child. (We don't know if this is the case with Burke, obviously. But it's certainly possible.) We really can't say that ALL children would react the same. Definitely not all children with other issues.

And I don't think being from the U.S. or the U.K. is going to make much of a difference.

I thought I would chime in here. While children on the spectrum may respond differently to stressful stimuli, there are circumstances in which ANY child may appear to be reacting abnormally. I'll share my own story as an example. I was "daddy's girl" when I was a child. I adored my father. My mother was an alcoholic, suffered from some personality disorders and was OCD as well. My daddy was an island of calm amid the storm that was my childhood.

My father died of cancer when I was 7. I was crushed, lost and felt completely alone. On the day that we (the children) were told of his death by a church member and my mother, my response was "can I go out and play"? It's even hard for me to type that. I don't know what was in my head except that I wanted to be away from my mother because I knew the unbalance madness that was about to occur. I was afraid to be there. For years this was thrown in my face by my mother. As an adult I realize now that she was mentally ill, but at the time I was using my child's mind and the only way I could think of to be away from the maddness was to "go outside and play".

I don't know if BR was involved or not, but his choice to stay in his room may have been a child's unconscious decision to avoid whatever he was accustomed to from his parents or one of his parents. JMO

Now I'm suddenly wondering...is it possible that Burke and Jonbenet were alone at that table eating pineapple? My gut reaction to hearing Patsy answer questions about the pineapple was that she was genuinely shocked when investigators told her about it. I've seen her lie many times, but I actually thought she was telling the truth on this. So then, how would her prints be found on the bowl? Is it possible, at some point, she stored the bowl in the fridge and Burke just took it out on the night of the 26? Is it possible that Patsy wasn't actually there during the eating of the pineapple?

Hmmmm.

I think it is very possible, MK.

Burke has admitted to being downstairs the night of the murder, after having been put to bed.
Were police ever aware of this? That is shocking.

I was sort of a BDI theorist before this interview, but now I'm convinced he caused the head strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89