Was BR involved? #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the term "socially awkward" is meant to keep Dr. Phil from making a diagnosis on someone who he has not treated. He would have to be careful that way.

I like to watch these kind of things after the fact. Someone always posts them to youtube.

I don't know, I didn't see a person who is just reclusive. Armchair psychologist and all, but even an extremely shy person would know that smiling while discussing such a serious, personal subject is not appropriate.

I just don't get why they wouldn't explain this ahead of time, and control the media narrative.

Maybe it will be revealed at the conclusion,
and many will have prejudged BR?
Misjudge, is that the narrative?

The dots kinda lead me to guilty. I'm a mother, so I already feel badly for him. If he's autistic, and I can see he's definitely awkward, I feel doubly badly for him. I don't see the purpose of him doing this interview though unless it's to confess, which I don't think he is going to do, because it doesn't seem to be serving the purpose they mean it to serve. But the show isn't over yet perhaps it will surprise me.

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Perhaps he's doing the interview for money.

I haven't watched the interview yet. I think it's quite possible that Burke had something to do with JB death. HOWEVER, I still don't understand how people feel so sure he's on the spectrum. I already mentioned that some people smile when they're nervous or uncomfortable. I also wonder how many people understand what it's like to have the media follow you, constantly. It creates a significant amount of anxiety. You're always wondering who's watching you, who's going to be hiding/waiting at your next destination, if your facial expressions will be caught by a camera at the wrong moment, etc. You don't know who you can trust. It's really an unnerving way to live. I guess my point is, it doesn't seem fair to compare Burke to a typical person who grew up as an anonymous person in public.

It's likely that he has always had a very tight circle of friends, too.

I don't want to seem like I can't see anything "wrong" with Burke. I just don't think he can be compared to the average person.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

:banghead::banghead::banghead: SPOILER ALERT....
Am I the only one with a dang headache after watching Dr.Phil???
*screams!*
I waited all this time to mainly hear from JR most of the time and too many repeated videos and commercial. Crap we've already seen???
I thought this was supposed to be BR's time to talk dammit!
I swear to the dear baby Jesus if had to sit through another freaking cliffhanger / commercial / re-interviewing JR / jumping to BR again for another cliffhanger to start the cycle all over again, I would've through the remote through the tv.
That was a lot of wasted excitement and energy.
My head hurts now. I feel like that whole episode established NOTHING new and if anything gave JR yet another chance to muddy the waters even more and change his story AGAIN. GRR.:banghead:

I didn't find it frustrating. If anything, I think I was just irritated at myself for not realizing that the show would have to establish ALOT of case background for regular people (as opposed to those of us who are so obsessed that we've spent hours studying the angle of a damned lamp in a photograph!). In all fairness to DP, it would be very hard for his audience to understand the significance of things like Burke's answer about a bowl of pineapple, without at least some overview of the case beforehand. So...I'm willing to cut DP some slack when it comes to this first installment. Now, if I take time out of my day tomorrow only to see clip after clip of JR, DP better start sleeping with one eye open. ;)

I suspect the Dr Phil episode will get shut-down on youtube. I don't have any video recording method. Who knew HMDI in would be blocked for recording by the industry?

I hated this interview. It was slickly edited together. The ads were longer than the program. I did record the audio (kind of have a very good capture system for audio). Just spent the last hour editing out the commercials. I noticed during the editing that some of the answers were pieced together. We're not seeing the real interview. God knows what the real interview looked like. I bet the contract read that Dr Phil could ask any questions but the Ramseys needed to approve the final product. Phil could ask the questions but anything not approved by the family would not be permitted on the air.

It was really good for Burke to say he never read the ransom note—then he'll never have to answer questions about it.

The edit that I'm keeping for myself only contains Burke and John answering Phil's questions. God, Phil talks slow. I don't have any patience for that anymore...will you just ask it pleeeaaassseee?

There was no real information with the 1st episode except for seeing Burke. Asperger's makes sense. I tend to smile and joke in stressful situations. It doesn't mean I don't care. Honestly, it means I'm scared. I think of it as a way of coping.

Just saw a clip of the interview and read a news report. However, BR apparently said he was asleep and his mother woke him when she burst into his room looking frantically for JonBenet. But I was watching the Investigation Discovery program, and it said that after finding the ransom note,Patsy told John to check on the kids. How do we account for this discrepancy?

Just saw a clip of the interview and read a news report. However, BR apparently said he was asleep and his mother woke him when she burst into his room looking frantically for JonBenet. But I was watching the Investigation Discovery program, and it said that after finding the ransom note,Patsy told John to check on the kids. How do we account for this discrepancy?
They're lying. :)

Does anyone think Burke was on benzos in the Dr. Phil interview? I watched a bit. I remember how high Patsy was at times. It doesn't seem too far fetched that Burke was, too.

So Dr.Phil is explaining Burke's awkward behavior away because he was haunted by the media, but I think by all means considering the feces, the interrogation tapes ,the way he acted the day of the murder.....he has always been socially awkward. That does not mean he is involved but let's just play devil's advocate and imagine you have a child like Burke and believe your daughter is missing. How could any parent leave this child alone in his room????? I just don't get it, that alone coupled with the enhanced 911 call "we're not talking to you" shows to me awful parenting. I whole heartedly believe Burke was scared to death of his own mother, who was acting "psycho" (his own words !!) and I'm sure he was familiar with her acting that way. That is the only explanation to me for him to stay in his room and not trying to find out what was going on.

How could any parent leave this child alone in his room????? I just don't get it, that alone coupled with the enhanced 911 call "we're not talking to you" shows to me awful parenting. I whole heartedly believe Burke was scared to death of his own mother, who was acting "psycho" (his own words !!) and I'm sure he was familiar with her acting that way. That is the only explanation to me for him to stay in his room and not trying to find out what was going on.

I personally don't think he was scared of her but I am largely basing that off the family portrait he drew where he made her smaller than him.

But I wouldn't doubt if he thought she was irrational and half crazy though. I'm sure as a pageant mom he saw her go psycho plenty of times.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

DP, notes:

DP EP 1 Bits

JR: Patsy was by the phone...
said phone the police.

DP: (to BR)
Nothing is off limits...
...You speak about it one time.

'then Patsy skimmed the words'...

JR: ...rumors that we were hiding Burke...
...we protected him...
...we were under assault...
...we just didn't want ;him' recognized...

DP: (wrt Burke) He agreed to answer
any and all questions
and to do so without a lawyer present.

re: hiding

BR: ..for the last 20 years
I wanted to grow up like a normal kid,
which does not include going in front of
tv cameras..

---------------------

BR: To me it seemed like
it would rouse it up again

(religious premeditation doll in coffin story)

BR received an electric train and a bike
Nintendo 64

BR: I think she got a big doll house.
We both got bikes.

re: last time he saw her

BR: (looks at photo)
I don't remember her hair being that
long

(see photo, Is hair wrapped around her neck?)

M Statton is referenced for scream in basement.

JR: we both got up
Patsy got dressed
I was shaving
JR: we weren't gonna get the kids up ....

JR: I heard Patsy scream and I knew
something was wrong.
?: where was she
JR: she was 'either'.....

JR: I was trying to absorb what was 'said'
in the three pages of scribbling

JR: I had it on the floor [cause?]
I was trying to read it all at once.
....Patsy was by the phone.
Said call the police.

re: police

JR: I wanna get as much
help as I can get my hands on....

BR on q about flash light and officer
BR: to be fair, I didn't know it was a
police officer

BR: I guess I kinda like to avoid conflict
I don't know
I guess I felt safer there
I'm not the worry kind................?

JR: He was safe and at that
point ...
we were so focused
on JonBenet being gone, I guess..

re LA

JR: I don't remember being cordial.
I was grateful for her being there.

JR: I called the police to help me.

re: mail check

JR: I was looking for another
communication from the kidnapper

BR: They didn't say kidnapping.
they said she was missing.

JR: went down to the basement.
That's the most logical
entry point....

JR: I was just going through
methodically every inch of the
basement

re: finding JBR

JR: there was a red spot on her throat
....I couldn't see the garrote
because it was too deeply embedded
in her neck

JR: and that was when I was stunned.
She 'looked peaceful'

re: LA 'counting bullets' / 'she had 18 bullets'

JR: frightening and incompetent?
Beyond incompetent
Should never have been a police officer

re: LA

JR: I think her comment was
'I looked around and saw [all] the people and then
counted the bullets in her gun?

re: rn

BR: I don't think I've seen the whole thing,
I've definitely seen pictures though..

EP 2 teasers:
1 - "What did you find?"
Did you speak those words?
2 - Pineapple ....

THANK YOU FOR THIS!
This is exactly what stood out to me too.

Did anyone else notice during the (very few) minutes in which the screen shows Burke speaking, he tends to check on or look at something or someone to the front and left of him, toward the camera? They're little tiny glances, but I wonder if he's looking toward a person for validation or maybe he's just curious about the camera person or equipment.
I noticed that. It is very hard to do tv and seem natural so i am discounting the looks at the camera, etc.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

I didn't find it frustrating. If anything, I think I was just irritated at myself for not realizing that the show would have to establish ALOT of case background for regular people (as opposed to those of us who are so obsessed that we've spent hours studying the angle of a damned lamp in a photograph!). In all fairness to DP, it would be very hard for his audience to understand the significance of things like Burke's answer about a bowl of pineapple, without at least some overview of the case beforehand. So...I'm willing to cut DP some slack when it comes to this first installment. Now, if I take time out of my day tomorrow only to see clip after clip of JR, DP better start sleeping with one eye open.
hahahahahaha at the last statement!!! :laughing:
I needed a good laugh Kat!
I agree I think it was more irritating. I seriously think they misjudge people though. Most people have an idea what the case is about. The basic premise. Yet they spent SO much time going over things most people knew or have heard from JR's own mouth in interviews. I didn't even want to SEE JR. I knew when he started interviewing JR that we aren't going to learn a damn thing. I was hoping BR would step out from behind daddy and actually TRY to do what he said he wanted to do in the interview. A no holds barred interview. No lawyers. DP could ask anything.

This however is BS. JR wasn't ever mentioned as being part of the damn interview. It was supposed to be BR's time to talk.
Shut up JR! Let your son speak! Damn if they are going to throw him to the wolves then throw him. Don't dangle him over the edge.
The interview should have been like a two hour segment of BR speaking with DP only. Then maybe another hour the next day explaining why he smiled etc etc. with experts. I would have rather seen that and I damn well would have tuned in to see WHY he acted that way.
Unlike most cases, this particular case is world news. Everyone knows the basics of it. It was kind of similar to the media show on OJ.
We all know what JR and PR have said. We all know the basic story. Don't waste our time! Actually interview BR only like you hyped the show!
It just angers me how the media does. All hype no real truths.
I shouldn't be surprised that JR had to get a piece of the money train. :doh::notgood:
Even if BR ADMITS the truth.... what is the legal reality of it? Will he go to jail? Will his dad go to jail? I highly doubt it.
They should just fess up at this point. I'd have maybe some sympathy for BR ...maybe.
That smile though.:freakedout::fear: only emoticons get my feelings across at this point.

Honestly though IMHO, he's always been an odd duck. He was like this in the beginning. That's why people suspected him. Now seeing his interview.... it kind of makes even more sense.
You know they said JR wasn't rich anymore. That he was struggling. I BET the reason they are talking again is because they know even if they tell the truth, nothing will happen. It's all for money. I can imagine this check will be big. JR will disappear to some island with his bride and BR will go sit on the big windfall in his secluded world. JBR will not have justice. The end game over.
Honestly I am not going to have sympathy for BR. Not right now. Just because he mayyyy be on the spectrum? Nope. I'm sure a lot of killers have diagnosed issues right? Doesn't mean we should feel sorry for them. :notgood:
He is an adult and if it was my sister who was murdered I'd want damn justice! I'd want the killer to be caught! I'd be screaming from the roof tops for justice!
I wouldn't be like "well I wanted to talk about it because it's like people still WONDER?" What the heck!
Heck yes we still wonder and so should you! Her killer hasn't been caught!
Has anyone realized this is strictly a defense interview? Why isn't he asking who killed her?
Him not being sheltered that morning and being left in his room by himself for so long tells me what kind of parents they were. Period.
Him supposedly not wondering downstairs because he was scared? A man walks into your room shining a flashlight all around and you don't immediately
run to your parents for protection?????? You don't immediately try to hide under your bed or something? You just lay in your bed waiting?
Hell no. I don't buy it for a minute. JR is too cool and calm in the interview. He knows there is nothing anyone can do to them now. He can admit everything except that he did the murder himself and he is safe. He can throw PR under the bus and nothing will happen.
BR can admit it and due to his age at the time nothing will happen.
Makes me mad.
Let me stress this again... he is an adult.... why isn't he trying to look for the killer? Why isn't he using this chance to ask for help finding his sister's killer???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en