Was Joe involved?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I find the statements about when JO actually left town and the bit about the flyers interesting. All this time I had relied on reports that he left the same day as she was reported missing. ie. 2-3 a.m. Haleigh is reported missing. Later that same moring, JO returns to TN. I did not realize that he was in the area a day or two longer and "hung fliers" seeking Haleigh's return.

Yes he was there hanging up flyers, tlcox, There is also a picture of it.

I think JO did what he could to help in the time he had before he left. He couldn't just tell his ride to go on to TN without him. That was his ride...How else would he have gotten home?

I find the statements about when JO actually left town and the bit about the flyers interesting. All this time I had relied on reports that he left the same day as she was reported missing. ie. 2-3 a.m. Haleigh is reported missing. Later that same moring, JO returns to TN. I did not realize that he was in the area a day or two longer and "hung fliers" seeking Haleigh's return.

And he was nowhere near FL when Tommy was threatened with a dead rodent in his mailbox.

Interesting tidbit....Misty say's Joe was acting real funny and didn't want to go down the road where LE was so they stayed up at the convenience store and hung some fliers. ( She said she stayed up there because she was told "they" didn't want her down there, but she later found out that wasn't true, nobody said she couldn't go down there)

Joe said Misty didn't want to go down the road where LE was so they stayed up at the convenience store and hung the fliers. FWIW

Also, someone said Joe was on probation and that he wasn't supposed to be out of Tennessee and he was afraid to get caught. Don't know if that was true.

shocking, so she said HE didn't want to go down there and he said SHE didn't want to go down there. lol, someone is lying??? In this case? Say it isn't so.

But more seriously, sounds like the disassociation from Haleigh and the truth had already begun by all involved.

Arggggg I just wish we could have an arrest, someone to point at and say, see, I knew it! I am beginning to wonder if we are ever gonna have a defendant in this case. I already have a strong feeling Haleighs remains will never be found. Resolution. Closure. If it is that hard for all of us to not have it, imagine how hard this must be for those who loved that poor baby (won't name names as we all have differing opinions on who that may have been or may not have been).

sorry for the rant, just frustrated.

Interesting tidbit....Misty say's Joe was acting real funny and didn't want to go down the road where LE was so they stayed up at the convenience store and hung some fliers. ( She said she stayed up there because she was told "they" didn't want her down there, but she later found out that wasn't true, nobody said she couldn't go down there)

Joe said Misty didn't want to go down the road where LE was so they stayed up at the convenience store and hung the fliers. FWIW

Also, someone said Joe was on probation and that he wasn't supposed to be out of Tennessee and he was afraid to get caught. Don't know if that was true.

BBM

I remember hearing that too. It seems LE found another way to get the others...Misty, Ron, and Tommy...on the drug charges to try and squeeze the truth out of them about Haleigh. Why couldn't they hold JO for violating his probation, at least, if they had they eye on him too?

Yes he was there hanging up flyers, tlcox, There is also a picture of it.

I think JO did what he could to help in the time he had before he left. He couldn't just tell his ride to go on to TN without him. That was his ride...How else would he have gotten home?

Yes, I saw the picture. My question is who took the picture and why? tia

BBM

I remember hearing that too. It seems LE found another way to get the others...Misty, Ron, and Tommy...on the drug charges to try and squeeze the truth out of them about Haleigh. Why couldn't they hold JO for violating his probation, at least, if they had they eye on him too?[/QUOTE]

Hi suspicious! BBM :)

They couldn't hold Joe, IMO, b/c Joe wasn't on probation. I think and this is JMO, but as soon as he returned to TN, IF he was on probation he would have been arrested, unless he had permission to leave the state. (that is how i think it works) I also think that IF Joe was on probation and left the state and wasn't caught, that when PCSO LE arrived in TN to question him, they could have notified TN authorities and had him book for VOP.

I just don't think Joe was on any type of probation, nor have i seen any proof that he was since word came out that he may have been. did that make any sense? lol

JMO :)

listening again....video 1 The reporter asked if Joe saw Haleigh and lawyer responded that he that he did see Haleigh when he was visiting his cousins but he never interacted with Haleigh or developed any kind of relationship with her.

Lawyer states: Joseph, I believe once , maybe twice saw her...but...to the best of m y knowledge never interacted with her on a personal level where they created a ...some type of a interaction where he became a friend of any degree.

conversation switches to the gun....and the fight and the lawyer refuses to comment because it is directly related to police investigation.

Video 2....this is where I got the impression he saw her.

Reporter: you mentioned that he was placing fliers...I did not know that. We were told by the Croslin family that he left town the same day that she went missing. Is that not true? Was he still in town at that point?

Lawyer: Joseph had traveled to Florida with a friend, long before the incident with Haleigh they had a scheduled day that they were going to return to Tenn. So that was just his scheduled time to leave.

Reporter: When did he place the fliers though?

Lawyer: It was the morning after ...when he left the hospital that he went out and put some fliers up.

Reporter : okay so that would have been within the first couple of days that Haleigh was missing, he was in town that's what your saying?

Lawyer: I can only assume so because I wasn't there.

Reporter: did he see Haleigh on February 9th or 10th..in that time frame of..

Lawyer: he saw her at some point while he was there but because this wasn't the focus of his visit, this was an ancillary personality...he was visiting with his cousins...umm..this was just one of probably several children...to the best of my knowledge...ya know this wasn't a focus of his attention of when he saw her and what happened when he saw her....he just knows that at some point he saw her.

So that is what gave me the impression that he did in fact see her on February 9th. A lot of blundering around when a no he did not see her would have been fine. JMO Sorry it took so long but i wanted to listen again and make sure I heard it exactly right!

TY for transcribing-what I bolded struck me. I suppose, if you have killed a child (speculation) the bolded statement would fit as well.

shocking, so she said HE didn't want to go down there and he said SHE didn't want to go down there. lol, someone is lying??? In this case? Say it isn't so.

But more seriously, sounds like the disassociation from Haleigh and the truth had already begun by all involved.

Arggggg I just wish we could have an arrest, someone to point at and say, see, I knew it! I am beginning to wonder if we are ever gonna have a defendant in this case. I already have a strong feeling Haleighs remains will never be found. Resolution. Closure. If it is that hard for all of us to not have it, imagine how hard this must be for those who loved that poor baby (won't name names as we all have differing opinions on who that may have been or may not have been).

sorry for the rant, just frustrated.

IIRC. Misty's statement was in regards to Jo not wanting to go down to the police station...
Jo is referring to Misty going back down to area where Haleigh supposedly was kidnapped... Misty made the statement in her LVA that the police told her not to go back down there....JMO

BBM

I remember hearing that too. It seems LE found another way to get the others...Misty, Ron, and Tommy...on the drug charges to try and squeeze the truth out of them about Haleigh. Why couldn't they hold JO for violating his probation, at least, if they had they eye on him too?[/QUOTE]

Hi suspicious! BBM :)

They couldn't hold Joe, IMO, b/c Joe wasn't on probation. I think and this is JMO, but as soon as he returned to TN, IF he was on probation he would have been arrested, unless he had permission to leave the state. (that is how i think it works) I also think that IF Joe was on probation and left the state and wasn't caught, that when PCSO LE arrived in TN to question him, they could have notified TN authorities and had him book for VOP.

I just don't think Joe was on any type of probation, nor have i seen any proof that he was since word came out that he may have been. did that make any sense? lol

JMO :)

That does make sense to me. Thanks

According to the tapes, Joe states that LE confiscated the clothes he was wearing when he returned to TN, as well as all of the clothes he had with him in Satsuma. Wouldn't they have found at least some of Haleigh's DNA on his clothes if Tommy's story was true?

We also have LE releasing tapes of Tommy's calls to GMFH, which basically accuses Joe of killing Haleigh (Tommy does affirm that, yes, he's talking about Joe). LE, who hasn't said jack about this case in 15 months, now releases tapes implicating someone before they have made an arrest? It really doesn't seem consistent with the way they have been handling this case at all. Why now and why no arrest of Joe?

According to the tapes, Joe states that LE confiscated the clothes he was wearing when he returned to TN, as well as all of the clothes he had with him in Satsuma. Wouldn't they have found at least some of Haleigh's DNA on his clothes if Tommy's story was true?

We also have LE releasing tapes of Tommy's calls to GMFH, which basically accuses Joe of killing Haleigh (Tommy does affirm that, yes, he's talking about Joe). LE, who hasn't said jack about this case in 15 months, now releases tapes implicating someone before they have made an arrest? It really doesn't seem consistent with the way they have been handling this case at all. Why now and why no arrest of Joe?

The DA knows he only gets one chance to prove his case BARD. He will move when the time is right and no sooner.

This isn't unheard of either......we have seen this happen in other cases and they had a suspect in mind for a long time but an arrest came much later on...even years.

I think they released the tape to the defense lawyer because they knew he would air it and it lets JO know that the police have not forgotten about him at all even though imo, he has cutoff all talks with LE now.

IMO

I noticed he made a point to say he had met Haleigh.

What I would like to know did those clothes include the ones he was wearing the night before? And did someone else see JO that particular night and can describe what he was wearing. Were they black?

I highly doubt he kept the clothes he wore the night before if he is involved in this.

IMO

Admitting Joe met Haleigh isn't new; Teresa herself said that he'd been there and if they knew what kind of person he was (alluding to Misty's insinuation/accusation that he was a pedophile), he'd never have been allowed around the children.

Misty has stated he was at the MH.

Ronald Cummings is the only person who holds tight to the Joe was never there theory.

Why would Werter think they (Misty and Tommy) didn't have their stories together? When Misty wrote the letter to Chelsea saying JO did it, Granny was telling that story to everyone that would listen. You know she told Tommy! We know Tommy watches TV, and that story was all over the news. I remember Tommy saying Misty was just a little liar, meaning he knew this story. Lisa and Hank were visiting both Tommy and Misty, and you know they talked about it with him. Heck, I could have corroborated Misty's story myself! Lindsy is in denial if she believes this to be true. I have no use for any of these people.

If Misty and Tommy can tell the same story, I think Joe will be locked up. But this story that Joe got mad and then went back into the bedroom and somehow killed Haleigh (and never molested her)--I don't buy that story as it stands, like that, and I'm someone who tends to think Joe is the one.

I just don't know if Misty and Tommy are capable of telling the absolute truth. As dumb as they are, they think they can outsmart LE--and wow, I guess they did in fact outsmart LE for almost a year, though they did not take the persistence of Johnny Law into account in a case involving a missing 5 year old girl. Who knows how many times they've lied to LE and seen family members lie to LE over lesser crimes, where LE is not so persistent, and get away with it?

But if they tell a story where certain details match up, they might write a warrant on Joe.

You know, when the Putman County LE went up to TN, and had Joe brought in for questioning at 11:30 at night--they didn't do that without knowing they had something good to talk to Joe about, but the presence of Joe's attorney messed that up. There is just no way they call him up there at 11:30 at night and the interview is over in a half hour unless the interviewee exercises the 5th.

Haleigh went missing 2/9, not 2/16...

Also, I would be shocked if the "word" of Tommy and Misty have any weight with LE concerning Joe, without evidence that puts Joe there and a weapon of some sort in his hand. A LD, if there is one that was passed by someone, is not evidence and their verbal testimony cannot be believed by an stretch of the imagination, especially if it implicates Joe and relieves them from blame. If this were true, there would have been no reason to wait 15 months to tell this version. Joe is no more/less of a threat to them now than any other time, if that is their so-called reason. I just think Hope's sentence has them all scrambling to get something figured out and to try to get on the books as being the innocent bystander as they are finally recognizing they aren't going anywhere until LE gets what they want, the truth about Haleigh. I also think Tommy is motivated to try to make Lindsy believe he had little or no involvement and is a victim and will even let her think her kids are in danger to try to achieve this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
musicmusette
Back