Was Joe involved?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If this were a movie, I'd march right back out to the box office and demand my money back! A 12 year old could have written a more believable script!

If you believe some, a 17 year old wrote it and dragged all these other people in line with her magnificent skilz.

OK I realize is Joe involved includes all the other players and we are giving you lots of wiggle room in this thread to state that.

But I want to caution you at this point and this isn't directed at the post immediately before I posted, we are moving into a "Is Ron Involved" discussion. So self discipline and let's get back to is Joe involved please.

Keep coming back to Is Joe involved. :biggrin:

Edited to add. It is OK to say no I don't think Joe is involved because Ron did or said, or Misty did or said ......etc. So your theory is no Joe isn't involved. But, turning the thread into proving your theory that Ron is the guilty party is what I'd like you to stay away from. Does that make sense?

Yes, I think Joe is involved, but he would probably have been with either Tommy or Timmy or perhaps both that night. He had no transportation and was down there visiting, so chances are, he would have spent all his time with them.

I would really like to know why Granny Flo “knowed it” was Joe. Was she basing that knowledge on rumours she had heard, or on knowing her grandchildren well and figuring out who, in her opinion was capable of carrying out a criminal act against a child, and who was not. Or maybe it was just that if she had to choose one of her male grandchildren to blame, that she would rather not choose one that had children of his own.

I am not an expert at reading people at all, but I am bothered that Jo seems to be the only one out of this bunch that seems really affected by what happened to HaLeigh. (He shows emotion, can't imagine what her family is going through, can't look at her picture on Granny's t-shirt without feeling some degree of regret for something "F-it!". According to Granny has become a different person since coming home---sounds like he is going through depression.) Jo only met the little girl once or twice. Misty and Tommy on the other hand just go on with their lives business as usual showing only sympathy for themselves. What does this say? I am not sure. Doesn't show Jo as a crazy sociapath type who has no feelings.....but the other two....that is exactly how they act.
I interpreted JO's reaction about the same way. MOO

Nobody has confessed to a crime as far as we know. We do know that 2 people in jail facing possible long prison sentences have lied numerous times in what is probably an attempt to get out of jail or shorter sentences on the drug charge. Cousin Joe's involvement as far as we know is just part of these liars story.
I agree that he's convenient to pass the blame on to. Until I see some proof that he was even at the mobile home I'm not going to accuse him. And even if it does turn out that he was there, where was the person who was supposed to be caring for both children that night? MOO

I don't think Joe is the killer but, he has a past, was locked up and knows what it is like. Because he may have been involved in a cleanup/coverup, he may have come home changed because of the fear of going back to prison.

I can't find it now so I may be misremembering - was he on probation? I'm thinking he did get in trouble for leaving the state without permission - does anyone know?

lorann, I'm not quite understanding what you mean by... he may have come home changed because of the fear of going back to prison

Are you referring to Tennessee or TiC's house in Crescent City? If you are referring to TiC's house I recall Misty saying TiC stated cousin Jo slept in his clothes that night...JMO

lorann, I'm not quite understanding what you mean by... he may have come home changed because of the fear of going back to prison

Are you referring to Tennessee or TiC's house in Crescent City? If you are referring to TiC's house I recall Misty saying TiC stated cousin Jo slept in his clothes that night...JMO

I think this refers to what Granny Flo said about Joe coming back a changed person (not changing clothes :) )

Whoa! I missed that video! Thanks for bringing it up!

The thing that gets me is that kids don't always define things like adults. I saw a test they did on Oprah one time where they had kids pick out "strangers". Their interpretation wasn't what the parents had been teaching them. Sometimes we need to learn how to speak their language. Perhaps the man was "black" because he was wearing a hoodie and his face looked dark, for example.

Great video! I'd love to see a whole thread on that one.

Hey Kimster I remember this video and it was worthy of its own thread then as well as now. Can you please start a thread on this video...This video is very interesting, I agree!

I didn't say that very well did I? Like some of the media we have been exposed to. We have read here that where he was in prison is pretty hard core. He came back to Tenn from Florida a changed man per Granny. That could be IF he was involved in any coverup, the fear of being locked up again would make him fearful - changed from when he went down there. I do not think he is an angel, may have been in Florida to do drug deals as others have suggested, or just wanted a vacation and hitched a ride with a friend. He may have stolen a gun which RC says he got back - He already had a predetermined ride back to Tenn. I'm not too concerned with the comments about sleeping in his clothes.

I think this refers to what Granny Flo said about Joe coming back a changed person (not changing clothes :) )

Dion, thanks...

I would imagine a child's death could/would serve as a catalyst for change within a person's being.... That's IF a person has any conscience at all..To me, Jo does seem to possess some semblance of a conscience...Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the rest..JMO

Nobody has confessed to a crime as far as we know. We do know that 2 people in jail facing possible long prison sentences have lied numerous times in what is probably an attempt to get out of jail or shorter sentences on the drug charge. Cousin Joe's involvement as far as we know is just part of these liars story.

Well, Tommy has pretty much said on video that he is spilling the beans. his attorney seems to be cooperating, and there is indication that Tommy led LE to the river site. I don't think you can lead LE to the body if you don't confess to knowing something about a crime. I have no doubt that the lying will continue, but once Tommy starts to talk, LE has a lot more capacity to narrow the fi,Ed of available lies.

Well, Tommy has pretty much said on video that he is spilling the beans. his attorney seems to be cooperating, and there is indication that Tommy led LE to the river site. I don't think you can lead LE to the body if you don't confess to knowing something about a crime. I have no doubt that the lying will continue, but once Tommy starts to talk, LE has a lot more capacity to narrow the fi,Ed of available lies.

Tommy, himself, has also stated on video LE wasn't interested in anything he had to say about Ronald Cummings but wanted him to implicate cousin Jo.. So I'm somewhat skeptical as to what Tommy is NOW saying...JMO

Tommy, himself, has also stated on video LE wasn't interested in anything he had to say about Ronald Cummings but wanted him to implicate cousin Jo.. So I'm somewhat skeptical as to what Tommy is NOW saying...JMO

I have always suspected the LE has known for quite sometime who the murderer is who did this crime. Perhaps they came to Tommy and said something like this....<Stop the BS Tommy. We know Ron didn't do this and we know Joe did and we know you know it too. So you need to spill what you know about what happened.>

It sure seems LE maybe for quite awhile has thought Joe is the main perpetrator in all of this. I have had that feeling early on. That they knew who did it but needed one or two pieces of evidence to link it all up together. I hope they have now found those links in the river.

I think when they traveled 1300 miles round trip again to interview him recently they put him on notice that is was just a matter of time and they were going to get him. That is when his lawyer stopped all communication.

Just like other LE agencies have put the squeeze on other murderers who were walking around free at the time who weren't arrested for months and sometime years but they knew the police would arrest them one day for the crime and it came to pass.

IMO

I have always suspected the LE has known for quite sometime who the murderer is who did this crime. Perhaps they came to Tommy and said something like this....<Stop the BS Tommy. We know Ron didn't do this and we know Joe did and we know you know it too. So you need to spill what you know about what happened.>

(respectfully snipped for space)

IMO
I certainly hope you are right, but that makes me wonder what actual evidence LE has against JO other than what they've been told by TC/MC?

The LE has questioned Joe more than once. If he was guilty of murder, why would the LE not lock him up. I mean with 2 peple saying he murdered Haleigh, isn't that enough? Leaving him roam around free, he could be a flight risk and if there was any interest in him, I don't think LE would take that chance.

I certainly hope you are right, but that makes me wonder what actual evidence LE has against JO other than what they've been told by TC/MC?

If they have suspected this man for a long time Panthera, and I believe they have, then I think they know everything about him right down to the size of his underwear. If they have always felt the evidence they had collected was pointing to him then they would put their efforts there. They said they are 95% sure of what happened and Misty needs to tell the other 5%. Somehow they knew all along Misty was there when all this went down.

I wonder if he had an alibi that night? And if so was it one of the Croslins. Did he go to a convenience store and they have him on tape in the area? Did they locate his shoes? Were they the type that squeaked? Was he dressed in black at the time? I feel LE has interviewed so many people we have never even heard about who aren't media hounds and respects LE when they ask them not to speak out in the media about what they know.

I think they will build a compelling circumstantial case against him.

IMO

The LE has questioned Joe more than once. If he was guilty of murder, why would the LE not lock him up. I mean with 2 people saying he murdered Haleigh, isn't that enough? Leaving him roam around free, he could be a flight risk and if there was any interest in him, I don't think LE would take that chance.

I think most everyone had the opinion that Drew Peterson and Jason Young had murdered their wives yet they weren't arrested for a very long time.

The DA only gets one bite at the apple to prove his case BARD. He will take his time and move when the time is right and no sooner.

No, it is not enough just for someone to say he killed Haleigh.

Oh I don't have one doubt that they know exactly where JO is just like they knew where Peterson and Young was. Imo, he also knows the local LE are watching like a hawk. His mother said that he sticks close to home. He is waiting this thing out and waiting for that shoe to drop.

IMO

The LE has questioned Joe more than once. If he was guilty of murder, why would the LE not lock him up. I mean with 2 peple saying he murdered Haleigh, isn't that enough? Leaving him roam around free, he could be a flight risk and if there was any interest in him, I don't think LE would take that chance.

Hi Zaha...Nope, two people saying it is not good enough. Believe it or not, even a confession is not good enough. They need evidence of a crime...:banghead:

My opinion on the subject is.... IF LE is telling Tommy they don't want to hear Ronald Cummings is involved and they are ONLY interested in what Tommy has to say IF he implicates cousin Jo then LE in Putnam County needs to be investigated immediately.... IF not sooner.........JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BOTTERB
Back