Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No mention of DM's ex-fiancée being at the residence. Am I mis-remembering that DM, MB and the ex-fiancée were scheduled to attend an evening out that somehow got interrupted by them finding Wayne deceased ??

Murder or suicide: The investigation into the death of Wayne Millard

"A source who was on the scene at the Millard family home the night police investigated the death, said that those present included Dellen Millard, his mother and Wayne’s ex-wife, Madeleine Burns, and Dellen Millard’s ex-fiancee, who cannot be named due to a publication ban."
Perhaps JS showed up after LE and paramedics? Maybe that is why he went out to his car, to call or text JS and wait for her to show up. Did DM think with JS present, he could become more emotional, put on a show for LE? JMO.

After the gun was discovered, Nimmo said, he tracked down Millard — who at this point was sitting outside in his car with his dog. Police never examined blood-soaked pillow, key evidence was moved, Millard trial hears | CBC News

My thoughts as well.
Plus, I wouldn't think the eye would be the typical place to shoot yourself. Maybe I watch too many movies, but don't most people shoot either at their forehead, on their temple, or in their mouth. The eye doesn't seem like a natural first choice IMO.

Unless you're thinking like a gangsta who takes selfies with guns (real or fake) pointed at their eye. Or you like to do your "Halloween makeup" showing one eye a bloody mess. :rolleyes:

MOO

matou, you bring up an important question about MB IMO. After all the text messages we have seen between DM and MB, I see no indication that MB was aware of DM's criminal activity. The one text that comes to mind is the one where DM asks his mom about how WM could be a great pilot but terrible at running a business. It's as if he was stringing mommy along on how he was a victim of his dad's incompetence, and suicide.

MOO
Maybe he was setting her up for a letdown when he planned to cut off her allowance. Keep all the money for himself. Why are those two things even related? Pilots are all good at business?

MANDEL: Dellen Millard allegedly emotionless after discovering dead father in bedroom

It also didn’t seem strange to any of the officers that the elder Millard had somehow suffered a self-inflicted gunshot wound to his left eye while curled up and resting on his hand? Yet the police were looking for a suicide note and quickly discounting any possibility of foul play.

Not even when the dead man’s son seemed strangely unperturbed at learning they’d found a gun by his dead father’s bedside despite telling officers his dad had given away his registered firearms to a friend several years before.

You're so correct, but I have to say that the DM/MB combo may be more than I can handle! The TB and LB trial didn't start off like a Keystone Cop movie. The first 2 days in this trial have me visualizing MB speeding over to Maple Gate in her Prius- bottle of wine in one hand and a box of Kleenex in the other, sobbing hysterically as she calls 911. DM and MB greeting EMS and LE as they arrive. Paramedics and cops all looking at a corpse saying "yeh, he's dead- heavy drinker and obviously his throat started to hemorrhage", a Coroner yanking a bag with a gun in it out from between the bed and nightstand, and a business as usual DM and hysterical MB running through the house with LE looking for more guns. And, oh, I can't forget Pedo- he's out in DM's car. Only day 2 of a 1 month murder trial and MB is definitely going to be on the stand? If this was the first chapter in a book, I'd be thinking the writer was being a tad bit creative. :)

BBM - :D Funniest thing I've read all week!

You're so correct, but I have to say that the DM/MB combo may be more than I can handle! The TB and LB trial didn't start off like a Keystone Cop movie. The first 2 days in this trial have me visualizing MB speeding over to Maple Gate in her Prius- bottle of wine in one hand and a box of Kleenex in the other, sobbing hysterically as she calls 911. DM and MB greeting EMS and LE as they arrive. Paramedics and cops all looking at a corpse saying "yeh, he's dead- heavy drinker and obviously his throat started to hemorrhage", a Coroner yanking a bag with a gun in it out from between the bed and nightstand, and a business as usual DM and hysterical MB running through the house with LE looking for more guns. And, oh, I can't forget Pedo- he's out in DM's car. Only day 2 of a 1 month murder trial and MB is definitely going to be on the stand? If this was the first chapter in a book, I'd be thinking the writer was being a tad bit creative. :)

^^ This!!! MOO But unfortunately I'm curious .... :mad: about myself.

I don't know enough about guns and recoil to know if the position appears to be fitting and suicide being a likely scenario.

ETA: likely from a LE point of view at the time. We spent a lot of time wondering about the bag/gun but in the blurred image on that link you can see how different its placement was from the close up image of the gun.

"Tucked between dresser and matress" seems right.

Attachments

• WayneMillardBagGun.jpg
    WayneMillardBagGun.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 44
Considering only two days have passed in a trial scheduled for four weeks, indeed I suppose we can’t presume we’ve heard all the evidence.

I’m curious, is it because this is a Trial by Judge so there is no Opening Statements by the Prosecution and Defence or was that simply an option chosen by each (unless I missed it).

Liam Casey
‏Verified account @liamdevlincasey

Back for Dellen Millard's third first-degree murder trial. This has been a long haul. Because there is no jury, due to his notoriety, we are skipping the opening statement from the Crown and into the first witness, wayne millard's romantic interest.

9:12 AM - 31 May 2018

He didn't. His will is a public document. Go check it out.
Since it is a public document, and you seem to know who, if anyone, is next in line after DM, is it possible for you to share this information?

If there is nobody named as next in line after DM, and DM is found guilty of murder, which would mean he was ineligible to receive the proceeds of the will (that is my understanding anyway), then which family members would it be apportioned to?

Makes it interesting to consider that not only was JC the victim's girlfriend at the time of his murder, but also his first cousin, AND she is testifying on behalf of the Crown..... ugh, don't want to even think about whether DM's lawyer might bring that up as a conflict of interest, however even if he did, I believe it would backfire on him. jmo.

No mention of DM's ex-fiancée being at the residence. Am I mis-remembering that DM, MB and the ex-fiancée were scheduled to attend an evening out that somehow got interrupted by them finding Wayne deceased ??

Murder or suicide: The investigation into the death of Wayne Millard

"A source who was on the scene at the Millard family home the night police investigated the death, said that those present included Dellen Millard, his mother and Wayne’s ex-wife, Madeleine Burns, and Dellen Millard’s ex-fiancee, who cannot be named due to a publication ban."

It's really easy to miss little details so...
If I'm reading this correctly, there were 4 people at the house that night, aside from first responders, LE, the coroner, etc.

1. the source
2. DM
3. MB
4. DM's ex

Was the "source" the housekeeper?

Well, I woke up in the night and I was lying on my left side. My right arm was tucked under my cheek and my left arm was hanging out over the edge of the bed. I believe I know the position they are trying to describe.

It's quite comfortable I must say.

The next thing I thought of was "right handed left handed". If WM was right handed it is possible to make that shot. If left handed, I can't see it happening.

My next thought was, the position that WM was found in is a "sleep position". I'm going to guess that WM was shot as he slept. If he was in that position prior to death then getting that shot would have been kinda difficult. Maybe DM looked away when he shot and it was an accident that WM was shot in the eye. He couldn't shoot from the back as it would have given away the "suicide".

I'm hoping the autopsy report says that WM died instantly.

Just thinking it through and apparently not getting enough sleep. :(

Do we know if WM was already cremated by the time JC found out (through email) of WM's death? It took her a while before she finally had correspondence with DM.
The only indication I am able to find in regard to when WM's body was released back to the family... is the obit, which seems to have been published on December 14, 2012, for a memorial service to be held the next day, December 15, 2012 - can that be right? Did he really publish it in a newspaper with only a day's notice to pay one's respects? And it makes no mention (that I could see) of when, or if, WM's body had already been cremated by that time, however I can only assume that it had been. So from discovery of his body on the night of November 29th, to publishing the obit on December 14th, was only 2 weeks. From what I understood of the trial tweets, JC had emailed DM twice regarding the whereabouts of his dad, before hearing back from him. I'm assuming DM got back to her within the first couple of days after his death, otherwise I believe JC would have sent even more emails to DM? jmo.

RSBM
You think we can count on MB to let us know how it all unfolded? :confused:
Of course not. Anyone on this forum knows that I've never had one single ounce of sympathy for MB. I don't buy the story that she's "just" DM's mommy and it's her job to defend the son she loves, or that she's getting up there in years. She had been divorced from WM for a decade and IMHO, had been well looked after in the divorce, otherwise, a woman who had never really had a job wouldn't be living in a million dollar home in the suburbs.

WM's death put her into the winners circle again because it was only her and DM. Her motives became very clear in the TB trial- wiping down the trailer, hiding out with CN, immediately liquidating properties, jail house letters, collecting 5K a month from Millardair and the list goes on. She's escaped scrutiny in 2 murder trials, she's never shown up to show her loving support for DM even though she's been living off the avails of WM's murder- IMHO, she's been getting off easy simply because she's an older "retired" (from what I don't know) woman who has a heart problem. Yet, she's been the #1 enabler and defender of DM.

MB can no longer hide in the shadows. I'm positive that her testimony will be full of emotion, drama and lies. She's in a very tough spot because she knows what this trial means to her financial well being. Why was she "emailing" WM a couple weeks before his murder? Why did she move so quickly to liquidate properties when DM was originally arrested just a few months after WM's death? Did she know that it was only a matter of time before WM's death would be looked into?

It's going to be popcorn time when she hits the stand. MOO

Yes, of course he knew. He also probably knew there were no guns in it, which is why he started outsourcing to find his own guns. He knew WM had a licence for guns though so that would show up if anyone even bothered to check.

I'm just pondering that situation in all cases of a licenced gun owner passing away and leaving guns in the possession of family members. Is that something that is not dealt with? I guess that's what the gun amnesty days are for? To turn over family members guns that no one bothered to confiscate after their death?

MOO

We’ve seenbthat DM has not been very smart up to this point, so maybe DM didn’t realize that every gun has their own serial number?

I’m not 100% sure but I believe if DM had a PAL, I think the guns could be kept. Maybe that’s why the guns weren’t looked into better?

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members