Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been preoccupied these last few days, but am now caught up. Sadly, my cousin just past away a week after giving birth to twins. OT, but I mention this because the trauma, grief, and loss that my family is experiencing after an unexpected death, seems to be so inherently different than what is being described in this case so far.

I have to say, I'm blown away (although not surprised) by the testimony so far, the series of events, and the descriptions of the crime scene. I keep reading that no opinion had been formed on a likely cause of death. How is that even possible? The man had a gun shot wound to the eye. Such tunnel vision and incompetence, imo. Yes, he was a drinker. We get it. But he was very evidently shot? I could *maybe* understand the manner of death not having an opinion formed (was it suicide or not?), but to honestly say that you had no assumption on COD is just bizarre to me.

Then to hear his positioning described, I find it difficult to reconcile that this wasn't immediately deemed a suspicious death. To echo the sentiment of others, once I read that description, I thought "there's no way he pulled that trigger himself" (not that I ever thought he did).

And finally, yes. WM had a gun license. With 4 guns registers to his home. I still can't believe that they wouldn't check to see if *this* gun was registered to his home.

I feel that I always sounds so critical of TPS on these threads. I promise, it's not that I mean to be. I have no bias against them. They truly just keep giving me reasons to be so critical.

It's sad to think TPS has so much blood on their hands between DM and BM (serial killer/landscaper). I'm sure there are very good officers in the department but it's unreal to think that in these two cases alone how many murders could possibly have been prevented if certain officers had taken things more seriously or looked just a little bit closer at names that came up very early in missing person cases.

I am confused about the whole timing thing:

-paramedic William Smith arrived at 5 Maple Gate Crt. at 7 p.m., he said the man’s son told him he’d tried to get hold of his father for a few days before finding him dead in bed. The elder Millard was cold to the touch and skin was dark. “He was beyond assistance,” he said"

i)body was cold (so EMS knew body was long gone and no intervention required);

ii)skin was 'black' (so again, EMS knew body was long gone and no intervention required);

911 was apparently contacted around 7pm on Nov 29th; JC was chatting on the phone to WM in the early hours of Nov 29th, up until around 3am; so what does all of that indicate about time of death?? From 3am phonecall ending, to 7pm 911 call made, is around 16 hours; how many hours does it take for a body to become 'cold' and 'black'?

What does that imply as far as DM's whereabouts during which hours? Did he arrive home during the wee hours of November 29th, kill his dad, and then go out for the day/evening (to Smich's?), to return later in the evening on the same day (29th)? It will be interesting to hear MM's apparent testimony regarding this!

For the body to already be 'dark' and 'cold', wouldn't that kind of lend credence to JC's claim that she heard DM arrive home during her phonecall with WM which ended around 3am? Too bad it was disallowed. It will be interesting to hear the ME's autopsy findings in regard to TOD.

I had always thought that Mark Smich had also been living at the home with his gilfriend MM, at the time of WM's death?

If there was in fact an Autopsy preformed. I would assume that DM would make the decision to not have one preformed and one wouldn’t be automatically done because it was deemed a “suicide” and not a homicide? But I could be wrong.

Maybe different with suicide cases then natural deaths. Example, My dad and brothers opted out of an Autopsy for their mom when the family suspected her death was the fault of doctors. They just didn’t want to really know, so one wasn’t done.

I’m obviously not an expert, so I’m not sure how life insurance policies differ on requirements for Autopsies when it’s deemed a suicide? I remember reading the WM was cremated quickly after his death.

JMO

It's just so sad that a man with so much promise ended up living and dying this way. :(

308zcdy.png
Wondering if this is WM's actual bedroom for sleeping, as it seems odd as there are no sheets on the bed and quite a lot of things on it. It appears to have a t.v. (wonder if that was on when DM entered?) Also that Lulu bag is in upright position, in this picture.

She may just have been verifying which days and at what time she attended to the home during that time frame?

I wonder if she was also asked to elaborate on WM's state of mind at the time?

MOO

By the sounds of the reports of the “dirty and cluttered” house, I don’t think the housekeeper was there much or just didn’t do a great job!
This CTV report from last night has an image at 27 seconds that thankfully blurs the body but does give an idea to WM's position. If you look at the image it may clear up some of the questions we've had re body placement. IMO it seems as though he is somewhere between on his back and side with his hand moreso than arm off the edge.

Wayne Millard had made plans to celebrate girlfriend's birthday before death, trial hears

Apologies if this has already been posted.

I wonder who rode horses? Seems to be a box in front of the dresser with “Grand Prix” riding apparel. Don’t think people wear English riding helmets and boots to fly planes. Maybe a birthday gift to his girlfriend on top of flight instructions? Or maybe riding lesson was the gift.

Not that this is if any importance to the case, just an observation is all.

JMO

I'm very confused by the chain of events that night and I hope that the police officers who first attended the scene will be testifying later today. The officer on the stand now is an actual forensic identification officer who was called to the scene to document things in a suspicious death investigation. What is the difference between that and an actual homicide investigation as far as the forensic documentation of the scene? How could he have shown up with a camera low on battery and no forensic identifying markers? Why wasn't the scene sealed right away?
Future killers take note: remain on scene to tell the police not to bother, nothing special happening here.

Wondering if there will be an investigation into the actions of the Police Dept. when this trial is done? So many things seem to have been done haphazardly. Can't find the link, but noticed Officer Lee followed the transport vehicle carrying the body to the morgue, and then returned to oversee the scene for the rest of the night. I wonder if this is normal? It seems to me he should have remained at the scene to keep it secure, and if needed another office accompany the vehicle????
I think it would be a good idea to hire cops with science degrees so they have some appreciation of sterile procedure, rather than quick buck yobs with high school diplomas and a yen to bully.

I pray with such sloppy job done by the TPS and paramedics that the evidence will not all be thrown out.
It does not look good but I have faith in the crown they have successfully got convictions on the first two trials.
I hope that DM can be squashed like a cockroach that he is and then BYE, BYE forever.
I also hope any money he did receive as an inheritance if he is convicted and any money he gave to his mother to try to prevent anyone to get the money by suing that it will be reversed and all the money goes to the victim's families. JUSTICE SERVED.

Yes, of course he knew. He also probably knew there were no guns in it, which is why he started outsourcing to find his own guns. He knew WM had a licence for guns though so that would show up if anyone even bothered to check.

I'm just pondering that situation in all cases of a licenced gun owner passing away and leaving guns in the possession of family members. Is that something that is not dealt with? I guess that's what the gun amnesty days are for? To turn over family members guns that no one bothered to confiscate after their death?

MOO
I know that in the past, you could inherit your fathers guns without getting a new license.
I wonder, when JC said WM didn't trust his son; did he mean with the business or his guns, or maybe both? Why else get rid of the guns? That must have been frustrating for a budding serial killer!
Something I find curious in this case, DM seems to like having a fall guy around for his crimes. He couldn't have been so sure this would be declaired a suicide so easily. I wonder if the shot to the eye was a deliberate attempt to replicate the MWJ meme he is so fond of he prints it all over his skin.

If there was in fact an Autopsy preformed. I would assume that DM would make the decision to not have one preformed and one wouldn’t be automatically done because it was deemed a “suicide” and not a homicide? But I could be wrong.

Maybe different with suicide cases then natural deaths. Example, My dad and brothers opted out of an Autopsy for their mom when the family suspected her death was the fault of doctors. They just didn’t want to really know, so one wasn’t done.
JMO

It's the police who order an autopsy when an unexpected death (especially of a nonelderly person) that occurs outside of a hospital. The family has NO choice at all. (This was the case with my late son. Although we wanted an autopsy, it wasn't our decision to make.) Apparently this is a routine procedure for unexpected deaths that occur outside the hospital for nonelderly persons. When the police has determined the death is not a homicide, they release the body to the coroner who usually does a lot of work at the scene before taking the body to a morgue. (In my son's case, the coroner spent most of the day at the scene. )

I know that in the past, you could inherit your fathers guns without getting a new license.
I wonder, when JC said WM didn't trust his son; did he mean with the business or his guns, or maybe both? Why else get rid of the guns? That must have been frustrating for a budding serial killer!
Something I find curious in this case, DM seems to like having a fall guy around for his crimes. He couldn't have been so sure this would be declaired a suicide so easily. I wonder if the shot to the eye was a deliberate attempt to replicate the MWJ meme he is so fond of he prints it all over his skin.

Here's the RCMP link for inherited firearms. So it appears that DM, as the likely executor with no criminal record :rolleyes: , would have been able to possess those guns while the estate was being settled. Thanks for prompting me to look that up because I wasn't sure whether LE should have tried to confiscate any guns that may have been in the home.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/will-testament-eng.html

As for a "fall guy" I considered he decided to drag his mother into this for protection, legitimacy and to be the voice on the 911 call.

MOO

Here's the RCMP link for inherited firearms. So it appears that DM, as the likely executor with no criminal record :rolleyes: , would have been able to possess those guns while the estate was being settled. Thanks for prompting me to look that up because I wasn't sure whether LE should have tried to confiscate any guns that may have been in the home.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/will-testament-eng.html

As for a "fall guy" I considered he decided to drag his mother into this for protection, legitimacy and to be the voice on the 911 call.

MOO

I think there wasn't going to be any way he would sound upset during the call.

RSBM
I keep reading that no opinion had been formed on a likely cause of death. How is that even possible? The man had a gun shot wound to the eye. Such tunnel vision and incompetence, imo. Yes, he was a drinker. We get it. But he was very evidently shot? I could *maybe* understand the manner of death not having an opinion formed (was it suicide or not?), but to honestly say that you had no assumption on COD is just bizarre to me.

Then to hear his positioning described, I find it difficult to reconcile that this wasn't immediately deemed a suspicious death. To echo the sentiment of others, once I read that description, I thought "there's no way he pulled that trigger himself" (not that I ever thought he did).
So, DM gets the crime scene all prepared- dad in bed sleeping, gun, hand all covered in blood- IMHO, DM is way too much of a "stager" not to get the whole scene looking as "suicidal" or "murderous" as possible. Get's hysterical mom there and gets her to call 911. He had everything ready to go. But now I'm starting to chuckle, because DM probably didn't realize that because of what MB said on the 911 call, the first people on the scene would be the paramedics.

Mistake # 1- they didn't say it looks like someone shot themselves and there's a gun laying beside the body. THEN, things get more out of control for DM because both him and MB play up the "WM was an alcoholic" story, so much so that the Paramedics called the cause of death as a throat hemorrhage due to alcoholism! DM would never had seen that coming. He had the sliding door to WM's room unlocked- a gun, bloodied hand, shot in the eye and some crazy Paramedic throws a wrench into the whole thing and then when LE gets there, they just take the Coles Notes version of throat bleed from the Paramedics! IMHO, DM was looking for either it to be a suicide or a hit/murder. Certainly not natural causes. No wonder he was out in his car talking to Pedo. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatGran