Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting article. Thank you. Just a small observation - This article says that DM's grandfather was a direct descendant of Chief Joseph Brant. This may have some bearing on why DM wears what seems to be an Aboriginal pendant around his neck.

That was an interesting article! What does it mean to be “a direct descendant”?

Does anyone know if the crown and defense will make closing statements or is that only used for trials with a jury?

Apologies if this has been answered already, I’m a few pages behind. Recently there was a trial by Judge in my province (triple murder/Klaus and Frank) and although there were no opening statements, both the prosecution and defence gave closing remarks including their respective theories. I don’t know if that’s the norm though.

One other thing...unlike jury trials, the judge doesn’t release the verdict immediately following the trial. In the case above, the guilty verdict was announced about a month and a half later.

MM was just off on her time...she thought they walked him to the convenience store where he was going to picked up for his "date" at 9:00 but records have revealed the time to actually have been 1 am...for him placing the call for the cab. MM is right. She does have a pretty bad memory. He then called a second cab from the Maple Gate area at 6:11 am. That's my take on it anyway.

I think MM was right about the time they walked DM to the store. If they didn't head for the store until 1:00, then by the time they walked back home and ordered pizza, it'd be 2:00am before their pizza arrived.

Do we know the hours of operation for the convenience store and the pizza shop?

I think MM was right about the time they walked DM to the store. If they didn't head for the store until 1:00, then by the time they walked back home and ordered pizza, it'd be 2:00am before their pizza arrived.

Do we know the hours of operation for the convenience store and the pizza shop?

Yes, he might have met his "date" at 9.

Just a general thought I have had for years ... a recent comment has me thinking about this again.

Did DM and WM actually that much free cash? Time and time again I see people comment on his wealth. Yes, it is well established they had a lot of money tied up in properties and the business/hanger.

But, the house is an utter mess from every picture that has been shown, old or cheaply made furniture, pictures not hung, beds without frames (or even sheets!). Only a couple new TV's (sitting without stands) suggest newer purchases. Further DM drove a 2000 GMC Yukon, a vehicle that was over 10 years old at the time of his arrest.

I suspect this was money that CM intentionally tied up for his beneficiaries. It looks like DM and WM came in to inherited wealth and had no clue how to manage it, MOO.

Thoughts?

It's possible WM & DM didn't have as much accessible money as DM let on. However, many have said that WM was frugal, and quite often that's how the rich stay rich by not spending their money. Unlike his son who wanted everything, WM seems perfectly content with what he had. I'm sure WM was building wealth and a business for future generations to pass on.

I'm imagining that she likely learned NOT to go into his room. If the man had a drinking problem and physical disabilities, it may not have been a surprise to find him napping at dinnertime? Or not having a regular feeding schedule? The alcohol, if he did have an all-day type of drinking issue, may have taken over his appetite at times (although, wasn't WM a little on the heavier side?) I had thought the desk was in his bedroom, so couldn't understand why the housekeeper did NOT find him, but it was elaborated in MSM at some point that the desk was NOT in his bedroom. It was likely her job to just prepare the meal and leave it for him to eat at his leisure. moo.

Agreed. I don't think she was a housekeeper, so much as maybe bringing in groceries or preparing meals. Sorry, but there's no way anyone could clean that house in the state it's in IMO.

JC testified that WM was always a bit of a night owl, dating back even to their adolescence so bearing that in mind I think it's unlikely DM would have thought he would be asleep. Additionally, JC testified that she thought that DM came in when they were still on the phone...?background noise versus a comment by WM which leaves me to think that maybe WM was awake when DM shot him. I have no basis for that, just an opinion. It would also be in keeping with DM's sadism and thrill seeking. He would have likely relished approaching his father with gun pointed at him and seeing the look on his face. There was no evidence of a struggle so my guess is that he just walked in, made eye contact, maybe said something and pulled the trigger. Again, just an opinion but formed out of an understanding of DM's pathology.

BBM IMO, WM wasn't awake because if someone had a gun pointed at my face I wouldn't have my hand tucked under my cheek like WM did.

On Billandrews timeline, it shows that on Feb 23, 2013, “During search of Millard’s phone, border agent finds texts to Smich: “Maple Gate just got robbed”, and the “gats are gone”.” It doesn’t specify on which date the texts were sent though.

I wonder if DM believed the house was robbed, but in reality it was WM turning his guns in without DM's knowledge?

Phone records place Dellen Millard at father's home the day he died, Crown says | CBC News

A CityTaxi driver appeared in court, but testified he did not recognize Millard, or know his name.
The records do, however, show the driver called Millard's phone with his personal cellphone that morning.

Then DM wasn't where the cab driver thought he would him pick up. Otherwise the driver hadn't called with his own phone. - Is that right?

But DM hadn't seen him in days LOL.

At the same time, I find his ongoing resentment towards DM to be a bit over the top? I mean, it’s been many years now since Millard was in his life, and I wonder why he’s still so visibly angry? He can’t seem to contain his emotions in a rational way wrt Millard. I wouldn’t be suprised if DM tried to recruit his cousins into the sex scene somehow. That would make a Papa hold a grudge! Uncle Robert needs to get it off his chest, whatever it is. He’s gonna explode.

Well, RB is testifying for the third (?) time in his nephew's murder trial. Who knows what this has done to RB, his family, and his business.

Just some random thoughts about all this mess...

Just the thought of DM rambling around in that house between the time WM hung up the phone with JC and the time DM himself called for a taxi at 6:11 am, makes me wonder exactly what in the heck he was doing. The "deed" itself would have taken mere seconds. Yet, we're looking at 3 hours.

Not only that, this whole, sick, perverted, wicked act was 100% premeditated. He purposely left the one phone at MS's house. Purposely left his CC for a pizza purchase to be made and made plans to have taxis drive him around so his own vehicle wouldn't be spotted. He needed evidence that he was at MS's the whole time.

Plus, this took place after him and MS brutally ended the life of Laura & made sure she'd never be found. Realistically, what are the odds that MS didn't have a clue what DM was actually doing that night? There's no reason to believe MM had any idea what was going on, but almost zero reason to believe MS didn't know.

Just thinking out loud.

Not sure if police could check this, but maybe DM was playing his online games while he waited for WM to fall asleep. You know, the one where his profile pic was him with a bloody eye.

Interesting article. Thank you. Just a small observation - This article says that DM's grandfather was a direct descendant of Chief Joseph Brant. This may have some bearing on why DM wears what seems to be an Aboriginal pendant around his neck.

JC did testify that WM was big into genealogy, and they spent a lot of time researching, going over stories, and pictures.

Not sure if police could check this, but maybe DM was playing his online games while he waited for WM to fall asleep. You know, the one where his profile pic was him with a bloody eye.

Yes, that would be this one Steam Community :: DIR3N33D (and yes, LE could have served a warrant for his steam activity, but I don't remember if they ever did).

Maybe the defence will call DM's "date" as a witness? Regardless what DM does at this point, IMO his goose is super well done with his cell phone movement. LE did another great job piecing it all together. If there was a Jury, I think they'd be asking if they could turn their verdict in right now.

So next week MB hits the stand. Oh yippee ki-yay! I'm expecting her testimony to be very interesting. She knows exactly how much money she has on the line with this trial and I would expect her emotions will be running high. Good things she was able to get on and stay on the Millardair payroll for a few years, plus the money she's legally collected being the "executrix" of WM's estate. Sure beats CPP.

Now the question is will DM take the stand. I'm going to say "YES". I know RP wouldn't want him to, but IMHO, those cell phone records have DM staring down the barrel of bankruptcy and the only redeeming thing he has going for him in jail right now is his millionaire status. It's a woman judge. DM may believe that he can give a good enough performance that he'll sway her with his charm and sophistication. He's never taken the stand, even though in LB's case it was like he was testifying with every witness. The money on the line makes this one much different; he's probably been working on his address to the Judge for a while now (sarcasm)

It's hard to believe that we're coming to the end of the DM saga- hopefully, ABro writes another book covering the entire life of DM and the carnage he left behind.

There is no proof of that but I suppose it's possible? Carl was born and raised in Ingersoll. Some people also dispute his "deadstick" story. CM may have been a good story teller but I'm not sure how much truth there was to those stories.

The thing around DM's neck has been referred to as a Shaman pouch. Like some kind of medicine bag? Between that and the braid, maybe he IS trying to "embrace his aboriginal heritage". :rolleyes:

I checked ancestry.ca but could find no evidence of this claim. There are a lot of braggarts that say their great great grandmother was a Cherokee princess though. I think that was Carl's claim.

Thanks for checking that out. I don't think anyone who has been following these cases over the years has been able to find evidence of that claim yet. Maybe eventually someone will.

MOO

Apologies if this has been answered already, I’m a few pages behind. Recently there was a trial by Judge in my province (triple murder/Klaus and Frank) and although there were no opening statements, both the prosecution and defence gave closing remarks including their respective theories. I don’t know if that’s the norm though.

One other thing...unlike jury trials, the judge doesn’t release the verdict immediately following the trial. In the case above, the guilty verdict was announced about a month and a half later.

All cases of trial by judge only that I have followed have taken at least a month for a verdict or ruling to be reached. I don't expect anything different here. I believe the judge has to prepare a written verdict/ruling after their deliberation? There was a case in Manitoba last year where the judge took 9 months to make a ruling!

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member