Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a bit of knowledge about this topic. I did have my possession license for a year but haven’t renewed it. Pot smoke is a bit different then cigarette smoke. I found the Odor from oitdidnt stock to everything like cigarettes do. So to me, the “lingering” smell of pot tells me it was recently smoked by DM.

I know some big pot smokers, they smoke pot in their house but refuse to smell he cigarettes in it. You’d never know they smoker pot in their houses when you walk in, unless they just smoked it.

Growing pot is VERY smelly! In the beginning stages it’s nothing more then a “house plant” as they don’t stink. As the plant matures, it’s reeks horribly! My parents have a licensed pot grower behind them. I have a hard time still on parents deck when the wind is blowing our way. Smells like a herd of skunks sprayed on the table in front of us. It’s gross!

Thank you, that was what I was thinking. So he probably smoked it before calling his mom at 6:30. I had a neighbour who was growing it in his closet apartment. I was cat sitting and saw it because a light was on. I didn't smell anything at that stage.

So, what was the purpose of RB's testimony?
I think the crown would not have called him if he doesn't add something, but damned if I can figure out what that is! :confused:o_O;)

MOO

Well he said enough about not wanting him on vacation to imply a bad character, and he ruled out that he was interacting with the family at the time. IMO

So what did the cab driver actually say?

1. there's a computer in the cab that acts as a go between from dispatch
2. the only info he gets about a customer is address, job number and customer's phone number
3. he was working on 11/29, the day WM died
4. he does not recognize DM as a customer
5. uses his own personal cell to call customers if it's necessary
6. he never called the number (6475017151) from the earlier agreed statement of facts

I thought if I wrote it all out it would make more sense as to why he was called as a witness in the first place.
Joke's on me because it still doesn't make sense :p

There has to be some really good reason he was called but I just can't see it.

Well, if he wasn't called in, everyone would say "call in the taxi driver!" :)

I know that DM has used the title "housekeeper" in referring to Dena, but maybe she was really just coming to prepare meals twice daily for WM. Judging by the photos we've seen, it doesn't look like she was playing much of a role in tidying up or cleaning. If she did really just do meal preparation it would make sense that she didn't discover his body.

I was looking back at old photos of the house and noted the mess of the house and thought the same, but then the photo of the kitchen was WOW, clean. So she perhaps focused on the kitchen mostly. Photos 14-16 here MANDEL: Inside the home of accused killer Dellen Millard

If, prior to WMs death, DM thought there was a pile of guns in a safe in his own house, he would no doubt have staged a "break-in" and swapped them out with Isho for ones that couldn't be traced back to him.

On Billandrews timeline, it shows that on Feb 23, 2013, “During search of Millard’s phone, border agent finds texts to Smich: “Maple Gate just got robbed”, and the “gats are gone”.” It doesn’t specify on which date the texts were sent though.

Good point but what would he need to pick up? His intent was ultimately to get to Maple Gate to murder his father. All he needs is a gun and bullets and presumably he would have just had that stashed somewhere in his house....Why take the risk of toting a gun around in a satchel when you can just walk into a room at the crime scene to access it?

I know I'm replying to myself here but it just occurred to me that maybe he bought gloves....no usable prints on the gun....

I guess its possible that WM usually went to sleep earlier but the unexpected call threw things off? At least WM was likely asleep when that coward son of his shot him. That would be a horrible last second of life if he actually was awake.

Well, JC said he was a nighthawk--always was. DM should have known that. Next, I am guessing since he knew what his father was drinking that maybe he put date rape drug in one of his little bottles of wine. Heck, if someone grabbed my hand at 4 in the morning trying to put a gun in it, I'd wake up and fight with them.

I think there has to be another reason. This trio were not the type to put themselves out by walking further than they actually needed to. I'm trying to come up with a reason....
I took a look at google maps when I got home and if they went through the paths, it probably would have been a pretty quick walk. Probably about equal to what it would take to get to the other convenience store. There is a pub just around the corner from MS’s mom’s house. I don’t know why he chose the plaza he did but I guess it is just as likely a place as any. It is a main busy intersection and right by the highway so not a bad place to try to catch a cab I guess.

From the above article: According to the court documents, one of the phones allegedly belonging to Millard calls A1 Oakville Taxi just after 1 a.m. on Nov. 29, while near Smich's home. That same phone then later pings off a cellphone tower near his father's home in Etobicoke at 6:11 a.m.

So was MM very wrong with the 9 pm walk to the store thing?

Also this article says the taxi driver did call him. "The records do, however, show the driver called Millard's phone with his personal cellphone that morning."

IBM bbm

Last edited:
I took a look at google maps when I got home and if they went through the paths, it probably would have been a pretty quick walk. Probably about equal to what it would take to get to the other convenience store. There is a pub just around the corner from MS’s mom’s house. I don’t know why he chose the plaza he did but I guess it is just as likely a place as any. It is a main busy intersection and right by the highway so not a bad place to try to catch a cab I guess.

maybe went out to buy pot from their dealer. MM wouldn't want to admit to that.

I had to go to Purolator to ship a package. Purolator faces the plaza that DM supposedly caught a cab from. Across the street is the Metro where MM worked, I actually have to go over there now to pick up some groceries. I wonder why DM had to be picked up from here. If it was purely because he didn’t want to be picked up from MS’s home, there are plazas that are closer. This plaza is just off the QEW on Dorval though. I don’t really have a theory, I’m just curious. Lots to think about.

Perhaps to blend in with the crowd--alibi.

On Billandrews timeline, it shows that on Feb 23, 2013, “During search of Millard’s phone, border agent finds texts to Smich: “Maple Gate just got robbed”, and the “gats are gone”.” It doesn’t specify on which date the texts were sent though.

Interesting. I wish we knew the date of that text. LW the real estate agent also claimed that DM told her the house had been robbed and some items were stolen. That was shortly before the TB murder as that info showed up in their text exchange.

Why was he telling everyone that guns were stolen at Maplegate? He obviously never called LE.

Well, JC said he was a nighthawk--always was. DM should have known that. Next, I am guessing since he knew what his father was drinking that maybe he put date rape drug in one of his little bottles of wine. Heck, if someone grabbed my hand at 4 in the morning trying to put a gun in it, I'd wake up and fight with them.

According to the interview DM gave to police, he seemed to know that Wayne talked with the girlfriend every night because he said she called Wayne nightly. The article above said that he called the Oakville cab around 1 a.m. ? MM testified it was around 9 pm they walked him to the store. I wonder if she mixed up the time or what was he doing between 9 pm and 1 am in Oakville?

I know I'm replying to myself here but it just occurred to me that maybe he bought gloves....no usable prints on the gun....

He more than likely had some nitrile gloves ha ha, since those were plentiful in his car in the TB case. The gloves would likely be to avoid gunshot residue IMO though. LE confirms DM's DNA was on the gun handle:

The Crown contends that further investigation revealed Millard's DNA was on the grip of the gun that killed his father. It also says text messages and cell tower records show Millard was the one who bought the gun on July 2, 2012. Dellen Millard facing 3rd murder trial — this time for his own father's death | CBC News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3