Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because it helps me when I type it out like this:
  • both DM's phones ping off towers near MS house just after midnight on 11/29
  • one phone calls A1 Oakville Taxi just after 1 a.m. on Nov. 29, while near Smich's home
  • same phone later pings off a cellphone tower near his father's home at 6:11 a.m.
  • records show Millard's phone calling CityTaxi Toronto for a cab that morning
  • records show the driver called Millard's phone with his personal cellphone that morning
  • documents show Millard's phone at the Waterloo International Airport on the afternoon of Nov. 29
  • then Mark Smich's home in Oakville
  • then pinging off towers near Maple Gate just before 6 p.m. that day.
Quite the contradiction of DM's statement as to his whereabouts isn't it? Cell records indicate exactly what we all knew/suspected all along. That DM is a lying, conniving, sneaking, murderous monster.

bbm - so one might assume the first taxi was to go do the deed and the second taxi was he had finished the deed and needed to get back to MS which is when he climbed onto the floor to sleep with MS & MM. So the deed was done between 3 & 6 just like the coroner suggested in a round about way. DM didn't count on rigamortis helping establish a time of death. IMO

The way Marlene described it was that they walked him at 9 pm to the plaza, then he returned sometime in the middle of the night several hours later. She said she woke up and he went to sleep on the floor. It sounds like it was closer to 1 a.m. when he left them, and wasn’t back there until closer to 7 a.m. (if the cab ride to Oakville took 45 minutes). She may have got her times mixed up, but she got the key details correct.

Well, there isn't anything saying he called the first cab right away at 9. He might have gone to eat afterall, he wasn't going to share their pizza. He might have gone drinking, who knows, or met someone for his "date" in that area then called the cab. IMO

Just because it helps me when I type it out like this:
  • both DM's phones ping off towers near MS house just after midnight on 11/29
  • one phone calls A1 Oakville Taxi just after 1 a.m. on Nov. 29, while near Smich's home
  • same phone later pings off a cellphone tower near his father's home at 6:11 a.m.
  • records show Millard's phone calling CityTaxi Toronto for a cab that morning
  • records show the driver called Millard's phone with his personal cellphone that morning
  • documents show Millard's phone at the Waterloo International Airport on the afternoon of Nov. 29
  • then Mark Smich's home in Oakville
  • then pinging off towers near Maple Gate just before 6 p.m. that day.
Quite the contradiction of DM's statement as to his whereabouts isn't it? Cell records indicate exactly what we all knew/suspected all along. That DM is a lying, conniving, sneaking, murderous monster.

Absolutely, and those lies flowed out of his mouth like he was speaking the wholly unvarnished truth. He is truly frightening. I really wish we knew more about his upbringing. Psychopaths are made not born.

MM was just off on her time...she thought they walked him to the convenience store where he was going to picked up for his "date" at 9:00 but records have revealed the time to actually have been 1 am...for him placing the call for the cab. MM is right. She does have a pretty bad memory. He then called a second cab from the Maple Gate area at 6:11 am. That's my take on it anyway.

these phone calls to taxis have got everyone confused, including me. Someone asked Adam Carter about it and he confirms there were two taxi companies involved:
Adam Carter on Twitter
@AdamCarterCBC
"I mention that in the story. He allegedly called a different cab company from his father’s home."

I read his story several times and still didn't clue in that there were 2 cabs. But he picked up the A1 Oakville taxi to take him to Maple Gate and then called City Taxi to take him from Maple Gate to the Smich house. It would also be helpful to know the numbers of each phone, so we know which is which.

That's a bit risky, on DMs part, calling a cab company from the house. I wonder if he used the Bates burner phone that he placed/misplaced so much trust in during the TB murder, or was that purchased later? In any event, luckily, cellphone records have been his downfall.

Thanks Ontario Mom - I somehow missed the fact that there were TWO calls to taxis from different companies. It's not completely clear, but AC's article seems to mean "morning" (the call to CityTaxi) somewhere around the 6:11 am timepoint, rather than the 1 am timepoint. The whole time the cab driver was testifying today, I thought he was the nighttime call from around Smich's house. Without further data points, is the assumption supposed to be that he took a cab from close to Smich's house to Maple Gate, and then laid in wait at home for several hours until there was an opportunity?

I'm with you JuneBug67. I had to just go check AC's twitter feed. The cab driver we heard from today was the guy who picked up DM at 6:11am. I guess it was easy for us to assume that he was the driver of the first cab ride because initially the only thing we had heard about a cab at all was that DM called one from MS's place to get presumably to Maple Gate undetected. We hadn't heard about how he got back to MS's. I guess in terms of calling witnesses they didn't need the first cab driver because ultimately all that really needs to be proven is that he was at Maple Gate on the 29th, not that he took a cab to get there. Hoping that makes sense...:)

When it was noted that they were walking him to a convenience store (they walked with him apparently so he wouldn't get lost) but that there was actually one closer to MS's house that they could have walked to, my point was there had to be a reason for it.
Yeah they certainly did make the walk down Trinity Road and clearly it was for a specific, well-calculated reason. That's why I asked why did they walk to THIS store if it's a further distance....
Maybe the reason is as simple as it is the plaza farther from MS's house - either to protect MS or to through investigators off the trail if they started looking into his whereabouts that night.

Perhaps he did meet up with her. There was talk of JS being with him that night yet nothing’s been heard about that yet.

I think what we've heard with regard to JS was that she was at Maple Gate with MB and DM after 911 was called. ABro has noted that while we haven't heard testimony about this yet, we will. Her sense is that the source who reported in MSM that JS was there Nov.29th is accurate.

I don't find his resentment over the top at all. He knows DM better than anyone (or at least knew the younger version) and whatever he (DM) did back then, it had to have been pretty bad, to create that kind of estrangement with the uncle. Add in what he did to Tim and Laura and his own dad? No, I think uncle Robert is well within his rights to be utterly disgusted (and likely ashamed beyond measure) with this "family" member.

As well, DM tried to use his uncle's profession as a vet to fashion an alibi about starting an animal cremation business. His uncle has probably had years of dealing with DM, knows him well and I get the sense that he tried to alert his sister and brother-in-law about DM (his allusion in today's testimony to "made some suggestions") and no action was taken. Whatever reason he has for wanting to keep his children away from DM is probably very justified. DM's deliberate actions culminated in murders that hurt many people.

I've fortunately never had a relative as toxic and as evil as DM but I think his emotions are very understandable (I would feel very similiar if DM was my nephew). Emotions cannot be switched on and off and they don't operate on a timeline, as everyone is different. I know from people who had to deal with the court system (as families of people who've been victims), that the publicity and the court system make it even harder. Families of offenders also find it very difficult.

I am not positive that MM got the time mixed up, maybe DM met with someone at that stop & they had coffee, dinner, etc at the plaza (does anyone know if there are coffee shops or restaurants there), he knew his dad liked to stay up late so maybe he was killing time. What I'm confused about is what took 5 hours to get there called a cab at 1am pinged by Maple Gate at 6am. Did he maybe go to AM house first, didn't he live close by, waiting for his dad to turn out a light or show some sign he was retiring for the night. If so, wouldn't the ping at AM's place. I'm just confused as to why it took 5 hours to drive from Oakville to Maple Gate (I'm not from the area so maybe someone knows hold long it would take - take into consideration probably less traffic at 1am)

Not sure if this is helpful but you're right that while they may have walked him to a plaza around 9pm, we know he didn't call a cab til around 1am. Who knows what he was doing....any of things that you mentioned are possibilities. But we know he called a cab and took it to near Maple Gate at around 1am and then called a different, Toronto-based cab company for a cab at 6:11am. At 1 am he may very well have gone straight to Maple Gate, but on arrival heard his dad was still on the phone with JC...until around 3am as per her testimony. He waited til the conversation was done and killed his father...either while he was still awake, while sleeping, or woke him up and killed him. That left a chunk of time to stage things appropriately in his mind to make it look more like a suicide. MOO.

I’m of the opinion that when DM called AM to come over, he gave him something to take away from the house, such as drugs or weapons, in case the police did a search. I don’t believe it was to keep him company.

Psychopaths are made not born.

Actually there's quite a bit of debate about that. Dr. Robert Hare (who is probably the best known authority on psychopathy) thinks it's both. He says some people are more inclined to pyschopathy. He says if they have a stable upbringing they are more likely to become nonviolent psychopaths (con men, fraudsters, etc. and can even be successful in business), the violent ones (who are much less common) tend to come from unstable, disturbed homes.

Destined as a psychopath? Experts seek clues - Mental health

It's not a popular thought, but to me he has come off as jarringly narcissistic at every trial. Perpetually self-focused and and at various times so disrespectful of the rules regarding poisoning the process that officers of the court were afraid he was going to cause a mistrial. I understand his feelings on all fronts, but I don't understand his behaviour. He is loudly and openly resentful of being dragged into the whole horror show of DM's path in life, and yet he testifies in a way that results in maximum attention to those family ties. How his sister might be made to feel doesn't seem to be a factor. His tip top priority seems to be that not a single microbe of Millard taint sticks to him and that everyone knows he despises his nephew. It seems a strange top priority when there are so many victims in this case who have suffered and lost so much more.

Narcissism is familial.

I’m of the opinion that when DM called AM to come over, he gave him something to take away from the house, such as drugs or weapons, in case the police did a search. I don’t believe it was to keep him company.

You've lost me there. I don't recall reading anything about him calling AM....not in November 2012. Can you please post your source?

Absolutely, and those lies flowed out of his mouth like he was speaking the wholly unvarnished truth. He is truly frightening. I really wish we knew more about his upbringing. Psychopaths are made not born.

Anybody who can lie like he we saw on the video (well, he didn’t seem to lie so much as he left out parts of the truth). What makes you say that psychopaths are made and not born?

Just some random thoughts about all this mess...

Just the thought of DM rambling around in that house between the time WM hung up the phone with JC and the time DM himself called for a taxi at 6:11 am, makes me wonder exactly what in the heck he was doing. The "deed" itself would have taken mere seconds. Yet, we're looking at 3 hours.

Not only that, this whole, sick, perverted, wicked act was 100% premeditated. He purposely left the one phone at MS's house. Purposely left his CC for a pizza purchase to be made and made plans to have taxis drive him around so his own vehicle wouldn't be spotted. He needed evidence that he was at MS's the whole time.

Plus, this took place after him and MS brutally ended the life of Laura & made sure she'd never be found. Realistically, what are the odds that MS didn't have a clue what DM was actually doing that night? There's no reason to believe MM had any idea what was going on, but almost zero reason to believe MS didn't know.

Just thinking out loud.

You've lost me there. I don't recall reading anything about him calling AM....not in November 2012. Can you please post your source?

When he went outside, after pacing in the driveway, waiting for his mother to arrive, he called his friend “because he didn’t want to be alone”. He spoke of it in the video statement.

In his 50 minute taped interview with LE, DM stated while he waited for his mom to drive over to the house the night he "discovered" his dad dead, he texted AM and asked him to come over and wait with him.

Adam Carter on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member