We DO have Coyotes in Fla!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Coyotes are getting very touristy these days, or perhaps we are simply displacing their habitat. I live in a very populated suburb and two were spotted in a park down the street from my home. We even had one downtown Chicago last winter who wandered down a crowded street and into a store. I watch my little critters carefully. When I lived in FL I always saw more snakes and 'gators in housing developments than in state parks. Maybe they stick out more when everything is covered in concrete, idk. But the funniest part to me about Dr. B's testimony was that she didn't bother to consider the more likely fact that months of being under water would create the kind of silt (excuse me, humus) that would bury a bone before some dog would think to do so.

Speaking of Wile E. Baez....oops I mean coyotes....... :floorlaugh:

The coyotes are so overpopulated here that our State has a bounty on them. I've seen coyotes in broad daylight, running across the road, on my Dad's sheep farm, etc.

The very thought of Dr. Bock saying a dog or a coyote could've buried Caylee's little bones is SO OUTRAGEOUS it is laughable!

the point about a dog OR coyote is this:

the colorado botanist brought up the idea of a dog or coyote burying the bone.

I'm not an animalo behavioralist but I would bet (based on general knowledge about dogs) that either animal WOULD NOT bury a bone it has found near where he found it.

they are going to take it away from that locale.

good lord, that is obvious.

SO the idea of the dog or coyote burying the bone was bogus to begin with. totally bogus.

Cherry ~ I live right across the bay from you. :seeya: We have had numerous coyotes running through our neighborhood. So I know what you're saying is very true.

So, do we have coyotes? Yes!! But do I think that's why an innocent child's bone was buried 4" deep? Nope!! The coyote excuse was just a desperate attempt by a sweet but frustrated and outwitted botanist to save face.

That intrigued me, because we do have coyotes here in Mira Mesa. I just thought, hmmm...no coyotes in Florida. Okay (JA said it so it must be true). Now I'm hearing otherwise.

He said "no, we're not blessed to have Coyotes in Florida", laughed, and said no further questions.

So is he lying? Will the jury pick up on that? Why would he lie? Or does he really believe there are no coyotes in FL.

MOO

Mel

Well I live no where close to Florida, however, I saw many, many, many local posters in the trial thread today from Florida and some from Orlando; who stated they didn't have coyotes.

IMO, I interpret that to mean that some areas of Orlando and some areas of Florida, as a whole, have coyotes...and some don't.

Just sayin'...

We've got them here in Ol' Virginy, too...and while I used to see Carolina Road Dogs in NC, I now see coyote instead.
Maybe the dingo...well, maybe the coyote ate the road dogs? Aye aye aye, this is so twisted it's normal anymore-like drinking yourself sober.

Orlando International Airport which is only several miles (4.6) from Suburban Drive has a family of coyotes living in the area. Coyotes are seen frequently running around the airport.

http://www.wftv.com/orangecounty/21667658/detail.html

Quoted from the Orlando Sentinel:http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/keyword/orlando-executive-airport/featured/2

Executive-airport officials trap coyotes

By Bianca Prieto, Sentinel Staff Writer, June 26, 2008
ORLANDO -- Orlando Executive Airport officials have trapped several coyotes that might be responsible for missing cats in the area. Some residents near the airport have reported missing cats recently, according to Orange County Animal Services.

And Orlando Executive Airport is about (6) miles from Suburban Drive.

Chupacabres too!

Frankly, I just don't get it. It's really not very important one way or the other. Yes, a coyote could have buried the bone :wink:. Or a squirrel. Or a possum (I'm assuming you have them there), or a raccoon (again, assuming). So what? What difference does it make one way or the other? Even if it were true, it would hardly negate the findings of the CSI unit that collected the remains and the reports as to length of time the body was present. Just not an issue.

:cow:

I'm a Florida native and have seen lots of wildlife growing up, deer, alligators, bears, foxes, panthers, but never seen a coyote!

In fact, I was suprised to learn we had them!

I think Dr. B could have come across as more credible had she said a gator buried the bone:giggle: I have never seen a coyote out running around in all my years living here in Florida, however I must admit that I am not a chemist or wildlife expert.

I live in that area of Florida. Yes we have coyotes. We also have (Florida) panthers and black bears.

But would a coyote or a dog bury a bone next to all the other bones? wouldn't they carry it off and bury it?

According to the DT, not only are there Coyotes in Florida, but THEY are also in on and trying to frame KC by burring Caylee's bones. LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean
Back