We DO have Coyotes in Fla!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO it was more of he laughed ( as if he was making fun of the Witness)then if there is Coyotes imo. The Jury not like that much. imo

I had to stifle a laugh too and it wasn't due to "making fun of" the witness. It was that her suggestion was utterly absurd.

I had to stifle a laugh too and it wasn't due to "making fun of" the witness. It was that her suggestion was utterly absurd.
absurd? animals dont bury bones? Do I think a Animal buried the bones? NO but do I think a Animal COULD of at one point messed with the bones and yes leaving it close to the rest of the bones etc Yes it IS possible. ( again Do I think it happened NO) but the point is he Laughed and Dismissed it as if the animal is not in Flordia and it is and the Jury may see that and take note. he messed up ( imo) and Shesh its ok to Admit that not only JB messes up. IMO JMO yadda yadda

absurd? animals dont bury bones? Do I think a Animal buried the bones? NO but do I think a Animal COULD of at one point messed with the bones and yes leaving it close to the rest of the bones etc Yes it IS possible. ( again Do I think it happened NO) but the point is he Laughed and Dismissed it as if the animal is not in Flordia and it is and the Jury may see that and take note. he messed up ( imo) and Shesh its ok to Admit that not only JB messes up. IMO JMO yadda yadda

Absurd because, as you admit, nobody buys it. A person could have buried the bone too. But that's not what the evidence suggests, which is why some of us had to stifle a laugh as Dr. Bock overreached in her effort to be a dutiful DT witness. Truly, it was one of the silliest remarks yet in a trial littered with gaffes and it came from someone presented as an educated expert. She should have stuck to plants. All I know is that I completely understand JA's reaction because it was identical to mine.

Well, I know we have them in TX, and we also have wild hogs. My husband hit one with his truck early one morning a couple months back and bent the bumper.
Kimster, wolves and coyotes are distinctly different, but they both look like dogs. We do have a few of those, (wolves) too.
Matter of fact, we have a little bit of everything, almost.

shaking my head

Well, if he really doesn't know, he wouldn't be lying. He's probably never seen one, so he thinks they aren't there.
There... I said something nice about Mr. Ashton, for a change. :great:

I disagree. I don't think Bock's coyote remark is relevant. And neither is whether JA is an expert on animals that inhabit Florida. This is all a silly distraction brought about by Bock's silly suggestion that, as a botanist, she had no business injecting into her testimony. MOO, JMHO, OMO, etc.

Thank you for saying this! A whole thread about this woman's malarky is absurd.

According to the DT, not only are there Coyotes in Florida, but THEY are also in on and trying to frame KC by burring Caylee's bones. LOL

I live about 20 minutes from Walt Disney World and I see coyotes every so often while driving to work. And while I am pretty sure that they are wiley, none of them are Chemists.

Thank you for saying this! A whole thread about this woman's malarky is absurd.

Geesh. My reason for posting this had nothing to do with JA or the witness. I posted this because I am sick and tired of the talking heads on TV taking things and running with them with no regard if what they are saying is the truth or not.

They all ran with the "no coyotes in Fla" line and not one of them bothered to look it up before they started spouting? IMO it's even worse. They KNEW what they were saying wasn't true but it sounded good so they went with it.

Again, my reasons for writing this post was my disgust at the talking heads. Nothing more, nothing less.

TC, Robin

I just think he didn't know. If you don't see the animal ever, how would you KNOW it's there? And honestly, that area went through a hurricane and then flooding and then dried up, not to mention all of trash and foliage. I think Ashton just thought it was so ridiculous that a dog or coyote buried this bone, and that this proclamation came from a BOTANIST (nowhere in that science is the behavior of dogs and coyotes). He probably made that statement out pure shock before really thinking about it.

And honestly, after everything that the DT has done underhanded and ineptly in this trial, and the SA doing so well, I seriously don't think the jury is going to throw the whole SA's case out because of one wrong comment that has NOTHING TO DO with this case. I'm not even sure why Dr. Bock even brought it up Living in Florida themselves, the jury probably knows if there are coyotes or not. I think they got the intention of what he said, in that what Dr. Bock said was patently ridiculous. She was reaching and desperate at that point. It was so unprofessional of her to throw out something she knows nothing about (again, she is a BOTANIST and is not even from Florida. Think about it).

It's like me saying the moon is made of green cheese, and all I've seen of it is it in the sky at night. This woman gets her knowledge from books she read (she said this in the Frye Hearings I believe), and knows almost nothing about Florida vegetation. I don't trust anything she said on the stand.

Geesh. My reason for posting this had nothing to do with JA or the witness. I posted this because I am sick and tired of the talking heads on TV taking things and running with them with no regard if what they are saying is the truth or not.

They all ran with the "no coyotes in Fla" line and not one of them bothered to look it up before they started spouting? IMO it's even worse. They KNEW what they were saying wasn't true but it sounded good so they went with it.

Again, my reasons for writing this post was my disgust at the talking heads. Nothing more, nothing less.

TC, Robin
Robin no worries. We have THREADS FILLED with things JB has said thats wrong or what ppl think he has said thats wrong. I think its ok to point out the state is not perfect.

HAHA Jstc4Caylee.

Too funny :).

Seriously, people don't know what lives in their backyards because they are so disconnected from nature.

I feel your pain, Robinez.

Coyotes live all over the Eastern U.S. and especially in the south. Just because people don't hear them or see them (or don't take time to become educated about wildlife) doesn't mean they aren't there.

This is a red herring. Who put the body there? How did it get from the "drowning" to that site? They have to come up with something, and I think it looks like KC put it there. It seems to me a guy would have taken it further inland, not left it feet from the road.

When they kept questioning one of the experts about dirt on ICA's tires I wanted to SCREAM out that she didn't drive into the dirt area. She probably parked on the road at night in the dark and then ran in and dumped sweet Caylee. Caylee was only 30 feet from the road. I wish we could text JA while he's doing his cross. Why would there be dirt on her tires?

Now, I have to wonder how many jurors know there are coyotes in Florida?

Since it's a Pinellas County picked jury I'd say quite a few. Pinellas County is constantly in the news about coyotes being in the urban areas.

Well I live no where close to Florida, however, I saw many, many, many local posters in the trial thread today from Florida and some from Orlando; who stated they didn't have coyotes.

IMO, I interpret that to mean that some areas of Orlando and some areas of Florida, as a whole, have coyotes...and some don't.

Just sayin'...

Well, we are talking about where Caylee was found and YES they have Coyotes in Orlando. Not like in some areas and not native to florida but rather somehow transplanted in the 1920's still Jeff Ashton I find to be a smart alec and not as smart as he seems to think he is.

Seriously, people don't know what lives in their backyards because they are so disconnected from nature.

I feel your pain, Robinez.

Coyotes live all over the Eastern U.S. and especially in the south. Just because people don't hear them or see them (or don't take time to become educated about wildlife) doesn't mean they aren't there.

I so agree. For the sake of small pets in the area Jeff Ashton should get up and announce that indeed Coyotes populate Florida AND the Orlando area.
That the owners of all small domestic pets would do well to bring them in 2 hours prior to sundown and not let them back out till 2 hours after sunset.

No Coyotes in Florida. PSSSSSHHHH

I just think he didn't know. If you don't see the animal ever, how would you KNOW it's there? And honestly, that area went through a hurricane and then flooding and then dried up, not to mention all of trash and foliage. I think Ashton just thought it was so ridiculous that a dog or coyote buried this bone, and that this proclamation came from a BOTANIST (nowhere in that science is the behavior of dogs and coyotes). He probably made that statement out pure shock before really thinking about it.

And honestly, after everything that the DT has done underhanded and ineptly in this trial, and the SA doing so well, I seriously don't think the jury is going to throw the whole SA's case out because of one wrong comment that has NOTHING TO DO with this case. I'm not even sure why Dr. Bock even brought it up Living in Florida themselves, the jury probably knows if there are coyotes or not. I think they got the intention of what he said, in that what Dr. Bock said was patently ridiculous. She was reaching and desperate at that point. It was so unprofessional of her to throw out something she knows nothing about (again, she is a BOTANIST and is not even from Florida. Think about it).

It's like me saying the moon is made of green cheese, and all I've seen of it is it in the sky at night. This woman gets her knowledge from books she read (she said this in the Frye Hearings I believe), and knows almost nothing about Florida vegetation. I don't trust anything she said on the stand.

Other facts prove the body was there longer than 2 weeks and if Ashton wanted to he could have come up with something better than torso buried, sorry but he could have gone into the seasons and the types of leaves or other facts. The simple fact is that dogs, coyotes, lions and bobcats, even some domestic cats do and will bury whatever food they find. It does not take a botonist or a rocket scientist to come up with it and I do not find it so ridiculous at all. Fact is he could have come up with something better and IMO he is getting lazy. Maybe with good reason. Defense not being able to cross a witness to save his life. Still, Jeff Ashton is starting to bother me just as much as CMA (attitude wise)and that could wind up being a problem for the state if just one Juror feels the same and he keeps it up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3
Back