We need help identifying this brand of shoes.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Yes, A trefoil. And I'm positive I've seen them on treads before. I don't think it's terribly uncommon. I'll try to find an example.
Replying to my own post in order to hang my head in shame. I can't find a single print using the trefoil symbol. I was so sure I'd seen it!

ETA something is wonky with my quotes tonight.

Vulcanizado

Means vulcanized

ETA The only examples I find this on are vintage (1970s-80s)
We are looking at modern tread when we should be focusing designs from 30+ years ago

Attachments

• m_62d71722a0e6c64003dc86d2.jpg
    m_62d71722a0e6c64003dc86d2.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
I've been messing around with the image we have. I enlarged it and attempted to smooth out the fabric texture by coloring in what I felt were the non-raised parts of the design. Then I put it through the "embossed" filter to get a feel for what it might look like in 3-d.

I've cropped the result to show the larger design in the area above the words. A couple of things stand out to me.

1. It's curvier than I thought at first, and not as blocky, which is making me rethink the whole Mayan symbolism mentioned upthread.

2. What I thought looked like a very large J and P in that part of the design, now look more like a picture of some sort. I'm definitely seeing the flexing wolf, lol.

3.The upward curve at the end of the "J" has what looks like an arrow tip. It kinda makes it look like an animal's tail to me. Part of the "p" has a similar feature, but it looks more like it's outlining the fist of the wolf.

I'm attaching my altered version and the original below.

Attachments

• IMG_20221115_003917.jpg
    IMG_20221115_003917.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20221115_004046.jpg
    IMG_20221115_004046.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20221115_004251.jpg
    IMG_20221115_004251.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 57
What if we look at the the left side above as being smudged slightly. Could they be numbers instead of letters? 1900
1 could be a 7
9 could be a 4
0 could be ???
0 could be 3 or 8
Thoughts?
Could 0 be 6? Somehow the smudge made it look a zero instead of a 6. If same is applied to 9 zero could 9 as well perhaps?

I did a variety of searches and came across this site. There are various search apps but there’s also a high school who has a database and sometimes assist LE.

It would be helpful to know what country? State? If possible. Looks like CA LADG to me. I searched for the Zaghid Voltaire sole tread patterns and didn’t find anything similar to this.
It looks like its a high end brand. Nordstroms sells it. The prices are on the higher end. It looks like an actual fashion brand perhaps as opposed to something for utility.

There is a LA Design Group that designs/builds shoe companies. May not have anything to do with it but sure an odd coincidence.
Maybe they are custom made shoes could that be possible? Maybe this company if made the custom made shoes for someone? How many can these kinds of companies be out there in the USA. Probably just a handful.

Maybe they are custom made shoes could that be possible? Maybe this company if made the custom made shoes for someone? How many can these kinds of companies be out there in the USA. Probably just a handful.
It's hard to tell how many custom made shoe companies there are. All I know is that there's one in a small town of less than 6,000 a couple of miles from me. So if a small town can have one... I'm guessing there might be a fair amount of them out there.

It's hard to tell how many custom made shoe companies there are. All I know is that there's one in a small town of less than 6,000 a couple of miles from me. So if a small town can have one... I'm guessing there might be a fair amount of them out there.
I can't help wondering how stupid a criminal would have to be to wear a pair of shoes that were made specifically for him while committing a crime.

I can't help wondering how stupid a criminal would have to be to wear a pair of shoes that were made specifically for him while committing a crime.
All I know (and JMO) is that the pattern we've seen is rare as none of us have been able to come across it and we've done a fair amount of sleuthing. I just find that odd because it looks like some kind of logo, as opposed to a pretty design, or plan Jane (zigzags, grid pattern or horizontal lines), yet it's stumped the best!! That's as in all of us, I'm not referring to me. lol :D

All I know (and JMO) is that the pattern we've seen is rare as none of us have been able to come across it and we've done a fair amount of sleuthing. I just find that odd because it looks like some kind of logo, as opposed to a pretty design, or plan Jane (zigzags, grid pattern or horizontal lines), yet it's stumped the best!! That's as in all of us, I'm not referring to me. lol :D
That's why we need more info from the source. For all we know, it's a cast aluminum frying pan. I know that's a stretch, but still. :)

That's why we need more info from the source. For all we know, it's a cast aluminum frying pan. I know that's a stretch, but still. :)
Actually I don't think it's a stretch at all. At one point I was tempted to ask if it could be a print from a knee pad. LOL

And I'm hoping the OP of this thread will answer the Q's I've collected and posted upthread. :) I'm sure she's just busy. :)

Attachments

• 23488126_l_a1.jpg
    23488126_l_a1.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 47
Actually I don't think it's a stretch at all. At one point I was tempted to ask if it could be a print from a knee pad. LOL

And I'm hoping the OP of this thread will answer the Q's I've collected and posted upthread. :) I'm sure she's just busy. :)
Now I don’t feel crazy looking at old surveyor markers

Or made for someone else, that definitely wouldn’t lead to him. Like the Lululemon store when she walked around in the store model shoes in a large size.

OP is posting from a Twitter post from the founder of the Cold Case Investigative Research Institute. I replied to the original Twitter post and asked for general location and date. Sherri liked my post, but did not provide the information. Below is the only information provided in the original post.
1668604523788.png
I have become an expert on shoe treads thanks to this post. I have reviewed thousands across hundreds of brands both new and old. The one thing they they all have in common is, none of them have model numbers printed on the tread. I have seen logos and brand names. I have also seen some non-slip (restaurant/cafeteria workers wear these) and work shoe (steel toe, etc.) with a word or two printed on the bottom but it is very small and not in the tread.
1668604951830.png1668605022803.png
I think we need to refocus the search on what shoe has something printed largely in the tread if we are going to figure this out, so we can all sleep again and not dream of shoeprints.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aceofswords
Back