We need help identifying this brand of shoes.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think this LAOG one merits further investigation. On that LAOG FB page there is this entry on February 7, 2022: LAOG OUTDOORS in which, among other posts, the word KA-LAOG is also used (the phrase in that post means "Hello, fellow LAOs!")
This introduces the possibility that it is a sport sandal which many of the guys pictured in their photos are wearing. The logo on the shoeprint may be a prior corporate image of LAOG, or It may also be of a cheap knockoff of LAOG. Haven't gotten beyond their 2021 posts, need to keep on scrolling....
ETA: posts don't go beyond Sept. 2020
MOO
To add further to your finding IMO its possible.the D may have withererd or faded because this footware was well worn. Now if only we can find a pattern that is similar hopefully with this company.

Went through the trademarks database and found a logo to a company (Cori Anthony) that makes skate shoes. Can’t find a tread picture, though their company logo is really similar to the photo.

Attachments

• 83535134-A4F5-41BE-BD17-75943111FFF9.png
    83535134-A4F5-41BE-BD17-75943111FFF9.png
    364.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 790E4413-8D29-41CC-A8E1-44959417CE37.jpeg
    790E4413-8D29-41CC-A8E1-44959417CE37.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Went through the trademarks database and found a logo to a company (Cori Anthony) that makes skate shoes. Can’t find a tread picture though their company logo is really similar to the photo.
Went through the trademarks database and found a logo to a company (Cori Anthony) that makes skate shoes. Can’t find a tread picture though their company logo is really similar to the photo.

Attachments

• ECA7C0F2-E4C7-4875-A991-77E2EBDEAD72.png
    ECA7C0F2-E4C7-4875-A991-77E2EBDEAD72.png
    330.5 KB · Views: 24
IMO It has to be a flipflop/sandal/beach thong? In the image at the bottom of the imprint its only getting larger not smaller. Shouldn't it be getting narrower if it was a sneaker? Look at the club/trefoil at the bottom of our image.1669622723546.png

If that is a club I am finding quite a few poker themed shoes from Dolce & Gabbana down to wish. Can’t find a tread view on any of them. Dolce & Gabbana have one called Black with a poker theme that has lots of Clubs on top, it’s a mens dress shoe but can’t find sole picture.

ETA: in case anyone has a pair in their closet to check..

If that is a club I am finding quite a few poker themed shoes from Dolce & Gabbana down to wish. Can’t find a tread view on any of them. Dolce & Gabbana have one called Black with a poker theme that has lots of Clubs on top, it’s a mens dress shoe but can’t find sole picture.

ETA: in case anyone has a pair in their closet to check..
I didn't see any on ebay. You can do searches on eBay and filter to used to look at treads. If you didn't know that is. :)

Members new to this thread!!!
Please check here to see if your questions have already been answered or if information you've discovered has already been discussed.

FURTHER FACTS received from CCIRI: (1)
  • The image we've been given is a photograph of a wet shoeprint.
  • The photo was taken "months ago."
  • The print was made by a wet shoe on dry cement inside of a garage.
  • The image is backwards due to being a photo.
  • The CCIRI stated they believe it is a "juvenile subject." (We aren't completely sure if the wearer was a juvenile or if the shoe is juvenile-sized. If juvenile-sized it could still be for an adult with small feet.)
  • Horizontally flipping the original image shows what the sole of the shoe would look like if you were looking directly at it.
  • The CCIRI is aware that part of the image resembles, imperfectly, the Quiksilver logo.

Other pertinent information discovered by WS members' research:

Possible logo resemblances and/or brands based on letters
: Quiksilver, Lakai, Etnies, Mayan images, Zaidig-Voltaire, Olukai, O'Neill

Possible types of shoes based on tread design and function thereof: espadrilles, beach shoes, water shoes, slippers, tennis shoes, skate shoes (for skateboarding), slides, snowboarding shoes, tack-on soles (protective soles)

Types of shoes excluded: flip-flops, sneakers, hiking boots, leather-soled dress shoes (usually no tread design, and with stitching), work shoes (ie construction), work boots (no safety classification on sole)

Possible outsole materials: rubber from tires, EVA foam, vulcanized rubber, rubber crepe

What's that a picture of?
Theories
: Letters J and P, flexing wolf, flexing rat, boxing kangaroo, wave and mountain, boat and sail, jack of clubs, The Joker, Rosie the Riveter, oil rig, Greek key, outline of California and Mexico, runner and walker, grape cluster (trefoil symbol only)

What are those letters? What do they stand for?
Theories:

• CA LADG - California LA Design Group
  • CA LADC - California LA Detention Center
  • CA LADY
  • CA ZADG
  • CA LAOG
  • CA LROG
  • CA CROC - Croc brand shoes
  • CA LA DC - California LA DC Comics
  • CALZADO - Spanish for "footwear"
  • VULCANIZADO - Spanish for "Vulcanized" (as in Vulcanized rubber)
  • CA LAD'_ (possible apostrophe after D)
  • CA LADS
  • CA TAOS

NOTE: CA could mean California or Canada or be part of a larger word

The image and its variations:
Flipped horizontally:

IMG_20221128_141221.jpg(2)

Sharpened:
Untitled.jpeg
(3)

Tracings:
352634-a9a8a13803916d65fe3b8a208a2f27b1.jpg
(4) more trace.png(5)

Proving inversion of image:
1668377965131.png
(6)

Partial image of "picture" in tread found lower in print and what it might look like if image repeats below arch:
355051-5406bb52c4997d51018a105062d6bb05.jpg
(7)
355097-4e07c9c189635790bfa69d052da7626c.jpg (8)

Mystery letters in upper right of photo:
352624-abc82ecc4c57c6e4055f167c6526ebf3.jpg(9)

Databases:

(1) posts 311, 323, 331, 386
(2) post 6
(3) post 36
(4) post 86
(5) post 442
(6) post 24
(7) post 289
(8) post 296
(9) post 79

This information will be updated as needed. Let me know if something important has been left out!

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems funny to me that the bottom of a pair of shoes would say "CALZADO." It's possible that it had a brand name elsewhere on it, like "Calzado XYZ" and we just can't see the whole thing, but in my mind it's like having a pair of shoes that just said "FOOTWEAR" on the bottom. Or...

View attachment 383129

:D :D I'm not discounting the theory at all; in fact I think it's one of the stronger ones. I just find it a bit strange and amusing.
When I went down the foreign shoe rabbit hole, there were actually quite a few companies whose name was Calzado XXXX. I figure with most brands stamping their names on the bottom of shoes, if it is in their names, it is worth putting as a possibility.

Anyone studied CAOS orthopedic sandals/slides?

No tread photos but if you compare the side view with the ridging/lines of the shoe print, it's intriguing. Riptide specifically.

I found a lot of orthopedics which looks similar. When I mentioned that to Sheryl, that is when she told me they felt the print was from a juvenile.

I messaged CCIRI again this morning asking about the state of the crime, the text, whether they believed it was a tennis shoe or slide. If there was an apostrophe after the "D". No response yet.. IF I get one I will post a screen shot of the convo.

They actually say:
J --- J
O -- U
R -- M
D -- P
A -- M
N -- A
---- N

(upside down, in the picture you linked) Each letter is wide and very short. At first I thought it was Cyrillic! :D
Thank you!!! I literally just stared at that pic, flipping my laptop in every direction before I finally saw it. Too funny. I really thought it was another language or something.

When I went down the foreign shoe rabbit hole, there were actually quite a few companies whose name was Calzado XXXX. I figure with most brands stamping their names on the bottom of shoes, if it is in their names, it is worth putting as a possibility.
I know, I found TONS of those too! And I definitely think it's a possibility; it's my favorite theory.

I've spent hours looking over almost every trademark of anyone who's ever trademarked things that might go on footwear (literally at least ten thousand), and there's very little that's even close. If anyone else wants to try, I've already searched the following design codes:

05.03.06 - Clover, three-leaf ; Clubs, trefoil on playing card ; Shamrocks (trefoil)
01.15.13 - Ripple (single wave) ; Waves, single
06.01.04 - Mountains (landscapes) ; Scenery with mountains
07.07.06 - Chimneys
07.03.08 - Buildings, industrial; Factories; Industrial establishments; Smoke stacks
24.17.25 - Biohazard symbol ; Degree sign (°) ; Equal sign (=) ; Greater than symbol > (mathematical) ; Handicapped symbol ; Hazardous materials symbol ; Less than symbol < (mathematical) ; Pound sign (#)
26.17.01 - Bands, straight ; Bars, straight ; Lines, straight ; Straight line(s), band(s) or bar(s)
26.17.05 - Bands, horizontal ; Bars, horizontal ; Horizontal line(s), band(s) or bar(s) ; Lines, horizontal
26.17.06 - Bands, diagonal ; Bars, diagonal ; Diagonal line(s), band(s) or bar(s) ; Lines, diagonal
26.17.09 - Bands, curved ; Bars, curved ; Curved line(s), band(s) or bar(s) ; Lines, curved
26.13.25 Quadrilaterals with one or more curved sides
26.05.09 - Triangles made of geometric figures, objects, humans, plants or animals
26.05.21 - Triangles that are completely or partially shaded
26.05.25 - Triangles with one or more curved sides
26.05.28 - Miscellaneous designs with overall triangular shape; Triangular shape (miscellaneous overall shape)
26.17.12 - Angles (geometric) ; Chevrons
26.15.03 - Incomplete polygons and polygons made of broken or dotted lines ; Polygons (incomplete) ; Polygons made with broken lines

The two categories that seemed to have the closest approximations are:
26.17.06 - Bands, diagonal ; Bars, diagonal ; Diagonal line(s), band(s) or bar(s) ; Lines, diagonal
26.13.25 Quadrilaterals with one or more curved sides

I looked into any marks that I felt even approximated the logo in question and came up quite empty handed. The closest one I found was this:

1669684787727.png

This all seems to confirm suspicions that these are either very poor knockoffs, or a foreign brand that doesn't (legally) trade in the US (also supported by the large block printing in potentially a foreign language).

I also checked Quiksilver's full catalog of trademarks, and none are close to the logo we're seeing, so I really don't believe it's something they'd use, as even a small run, limited edition sort of print.

Last edited:
CA - LRDG =
Canada Long Range Desert Group.
Its more likely a boot print than a shoe print.
LRDG are a type of LRRSD or LRRP special forces soldier that would specialize in desert warfare rather than that of Vietnam where LRRSD and LRRP spent most of theor time.

CA - LRDG =
Canada Long Range Desert Group.
Its more likely a boot print than a shoe print.
LRDG are a type of LRRSD or LRRP special forces soldier that would specialize in desert warfare rather than that of Vietnam where LRRSD and LRRP spent most of theor time.
I ran across this group at some point in what feels like a lifetime of looking at tread designs. I just don't think this looks like the tread of a boot print. Definitely not a soldier's boot print. There would need to be a deeper, more detailed tread for that sort of work, imo.

I ran across this group at some point in what feels like a lifetime of looking at tread designs. I just don't think this looks like the tread of a boot print. Definitely not a soldier's boot print. There would need to be a deeper, more detailed tread for that sort of work, imo.
I came across a similar group I think it was California LA Operations Gear or something similar, it was ages ago. Similar type of solider boots, I didn’t find any casual shoes in the mix

i tried high end shoes last night thinking I wasn’t getting any where with affordable shoes (Neiman, Saks, Bloomingdale’s) plus it was fun to look at expensive shoes to mix it up a bit. Didn’t find anything that matched. Did find a shape and an A in Gola that was similar but no match (see below). Then I hopped on Wish and searched pages. Finally late last night I made Poshmark account. I’ve only been looking at men’s shoes playing the odds, maybe I need to back that out to just shoes. I’ve only started on Poshmark.

15D4CBD8-97E9-47B5-B84E-7C4857665E0B.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!
Back