We the Jury! Deliberations

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being from Chicago/suburbs of Chicago, if there was ever going to be jury tampering, it would have been in the family secrets mob trial of 2007.

The jury came back with a guilty verdict against some of the biggest mafia names/Bosses in Chicago and Lopez was an atty in that case.

The jury is safe, IMO.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cales_christie.html

Stacy's mom, Christie Cales, was last seen in March of 1998. She had some problems of her own but has not been seen since then and disappeared into thin air.

When did Stacy meet DP? Had Stacy been with him for nine years already when she went missing?

March 1998 – Christie Marie Toutges Cales disappears. The last time her family spoke to her, she told them she was on her way to a Blue Island Church.

2001 – Drew Peterson, 47, meets 17-year-old Stacy Cales, a front desk clerk at a Bolingbrook hotel. The two begin dating despite Peterson’s marriage to Kathleen Savio. Both Peterson and Cales worked the overnight shift. Peterson says he began visiting the hotel regularly because his patrol partner had a crush on one of Cales’ co-workers.

http://petersonstory.wordpress.com/timeline/

Being from Chicago/suburbs of Chicago, if there was ever going to be jury tampering, it would have been in the family secrets mob trial of 2007.

The jury came back with a guilty verdict against some of the biggest mafia names/Bosses in Chicago and Lopez was an atty in that case.

The jury is safe, IMO.

were they allowed to go home like this also???
is this common in Chicago area???

While I was hoping for a verdict today, I am not too disappointed that we don't have one. It means the jury really is doing it's job and looking at the evidence and testimony. To me that is a good sign. They didn't just go in and after a couple of hours come back with an NG! Makes me a liittle more hopeful.

Plus with all the time this jury has spent in the jury room, I do think it is best to let them leave tonight. They have already had days locked up in that little room. Might as well let them out for a breather.

Agree! Not surprised either they haven't yet arrived at a verdict. It's not the usual homicide trial. The first step is to determine it was a homicide, then if DP committed the crime. I am also relieved they are not sequestered. There won't be any hurrying or pressure to reach a verdict. Let them sleep in their own beds at night while DP sits in his jail cell worrying what they will do.

MOO

I am delighted that DP and his DT have to worry all night long.
In my heart I do think the jurors have known some things related to this case.
2 years ago they were picked and people had to slip about Drew/ Kathleen/Stacy.
He was all over the news etc.
Praying Kathleen gets Justice!

Don't know, but rest assured the judge willl be late.

:maddening:I'm sure that the judge and jury will show up in court just about the time I have to leave for a Doctor's appointment...........dang!

http://fox8.com/2012/07/31/murder-trial-of-ex-cop-drew-peterson-starts-tuesday/

According to information written in the article above, Stacy met DP in 2001 when she was 17 years old. Does that gel with her birthday?

If it does, she would have been 14 in 1998 and I doubt she'd be working at the front desk of a hotel.

Therefore, unless I'm overlooking something, DP wasn't responsible for the disappearance of Stacy's mother.

BJ Lutz ‏@bjlutz
#DrewPeterson jurors ordered to return to court at 9 a.m. CDT. Judge: call cops if anyone tries to talk about case.

what a laugh..........call the cops................

Yeah, Judge is really funny, he should try standup comedy.

I am delighted that DP and his DT have to worry all night long.
In my heart I do think the jurors have known some things related to this case.
2 years ago they were picked and people had to slip about Drew/ Kathleen/Stacy.
He was all over the news etc.
Praying Kathleen gets Justice![/quote]

BBM

And Stacy.

Hadn't seen this picture before and I thought it was nice:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346892682.972039.jpg

Justice for Kathleen :rose:

Oh my. I knew Stacy's mom disappeared but I had no idea it was after she met DP. Are you certain of the timing?
That's unbelievable - well, not really.

Hope all goes well at the Docs for you.

Sorry, I was going by something on one of the infamous sites I've journeyed to while investigating this case. After dusting off my mathematical skills I've discovered that Stacy was too young, even for Drew, when her mother disappeared. :what:

A bit surprising that Nancy Grace is actually giving this trial a bit of coverage. She has been totally silent during this trial. What gives?

I thought I read somewhere years back that SP mom was an alcoholic and DP did know her from his bar (SUDS). Did he have his eyes on her also???
Then she got sober and disappeared on her way to church (of all places.)
I could be so wrong.
It is very sad and DP always spit that in SP face every time he could about her mom abandoning the family.
IIRC

LOL, who would think that four oppossums would come into my home through the dog door to eat the dogfood in my kitchen? I had two big Boxers and the oppossums came in, ate to eat the dogfood and to be slaughtered in my livingroom. You can not imagine the blood and gore I had to clean up. Oppossums must be really, really stupid.

Opossums are especially stupid and especially slow-moving. I can't imagine four of them splayed all over a living room. But your boxers did what they were supposed to do to guard their master's/mistresses's house from harm. OMG what a story, lonetraveler. Bless your heart...

Court at 9 a.m. I'll be here for 10 a.m start :floorlaugh: Jury Instruction-Call Police if contacted:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Right now I am thinking of Kathleen's family and Stacy's family...........I hope they get some closure and peace.
If he walks they will have to endure more of him and his antics.
Please find Stacy! also........

I decided to take a short break at 2:45 to watch the summary on IS. Woke up at 6 and have been reading all that happened!

I also learned a lot of skeery stuff about nasty possems, snakes, and rabid foxes.

I am so surprised the judge didn't make plans to sequester the jury. These deliberations have to be intense and they really need a quiet place to go to and think about the discussions they've had during the day and get a good night's sleep.

There's been a little discussion on NG tonight intermixed with her main story. Beth Karas reminded Nancy that the defense never voir dired the jury about their knowledge of Stacy Peterson's disappearance. So, nobody really knows what the jury knows about her.

I'm still trying hard not to expect a guilty or not guilty. I know what I want, and it isn't working!

Good night all and see you tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members