We the Jury! Deliberations

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair
#drewpeterson jury began deliberations at 9:05 am. They went straight to jury room, did not go into courtroom first

Why did the phrase "we don't need no stinkin judge" pop into my head??!! Funny, without the Judge and the rest of the 'show', the jurors get started on time.

Mike Brooks just stated he feels strongly we will see a Verdict in a couple hours :please: Didn't hear why. Poptarting here.

Same here and I love Mike Brooks. Even though he was so off skewed on the FCA verdict, just like us.

Jeff Ruby also famously threw OJ Simpson out of one of his restaurants some months after the verdict and told Simpson he was not welcome in any of his establishments, ever. So, Mr. Ruby's been walking the walk for victims as far back as 1995 (perhaps even longer).

He's obviously a very colorful character who has a big voice, is a very big fish in the ponds he swims in, has a lot of wealth and resources, and knows how to be a P.I.A. to get attention on issues he deems important. He certainly isn't everyone's cup of tea, but if I were a victim of a crime (or a friend or family member), I'd be grateful to have him advocating on the victim's side.

He could promote his businesses in a multitude of ways and none of those ways requires he be involved in crime cases. If you don't know the story of how he first got involved in following true crime and advocating for the victims, you would do well to listen to his first appearance on Tricia's True Crime radio show. He's been on twice now. His first interview/visit is where you can hear the story of how he first got involved.

Tim Miller of TES asked him to be on their board of directors. I trust Tim Miller's judgement. I may not personally agree with all his tactics, but I know which side he stands for, and so does everyone else.

I'm off to a meeting. Would it be selfish of me to wish there won't be a verdict until I get back? I don't want to miss it. :floorlaugh:

I have stated very strongly my admiration for his work and appreciation of his personality.
I also said that I don't give a hoot if he is looking for some publicity too.

Still, I was taken back by that photo and as I said, I thought that the courtroom scenario seemed rather like theater. It struck me as odd that Drew Peterson would know Jeff Ruby after having been in solitary confinement for 3 years. (Jeff Ruby himself said that Drew knew it was him in an interview which sounded outlandish to me)
The photo of him laughing it up with Joe Lopez fueled that notion too because it was Joe who had him thrown out and made the comment about he thought that he knew you shouldn't "leave any witnesses"

I think that he does good work. He is a saavy businessman. His remark about to the press about where he is from you go through the law and if that doesn't work you take care of it yourself physically made him sound like a gangster though. (that was a threatening remark and no, I don't admire that)
I think it was a stunt, but one with a purpose.

I don't think that he is a saint and my critique is legitimate.

Joe Lopez probably also liked having his client look like he was so hated that people even wanted to take his life in order to shore up some support for him and his case.

I continue to admire his work for social justice and support for the victims families.

Jeff Ruby also famously threw OJ Simpson out of one of his restaurants some months after the verdict and told Simpson he was not welcome in any of his establishments, ever. So, Mr. Ruby's been walking the walk for victims as far back as 1995 (perhaps even longer).

He's obviously a very colorful character who has a big voice, is a very big fish in the ponds he swims in, has a lot of wealth and resources, and knows how to be a P.I.A. to get attention on issues he deems important. He certainly isn't everyone's cup of tea, but if I were a victim of a crime (or a friend or family member), I'd be grateful to have him advocating on the victim's side.

He could promote his businesses in a multitude of ways and none of those ways requires he be involved in crime cases. If you don't know the story of how he first got involved in following true crime and advocating for the victims, you would do well to listen to his first appearance on Tricia's True Crime radio show. He's been on twice now. His first interview/visit is where you can hear the story of how he first got involved.

Tim Miller of TES asked him to be on their board of directors. I trust Tim Miller's judgement. I may not personally agree with all his tactics, but I know which side he stands for, and so does everyone else.

I'm off to a meeting. Would it be selfish of me to wish there won't be a verdict until I get back? I don't want to miss it. :floorlaugh:

I'll put a call in to the judge and tell him to drag his feet.........

:floorlaugh:

Thanks for this post, Mad! Even when the verdict is the way we want it to be, we can still get involved with one of the organizations that you have listed or others.

You're welcome, Borndem. At least you understand the point I was making about empowerment and doing something in which you can have some control (when so much else in these heartbreaking cases is out of everyone's control).

When will you be back, then I could get some stuff done.:seeya:

by WindyCityGirl: Still, I was taken back by that photo
Yes, Jeff Ruby should ensure he is never seen or photographed within 50 ft of any defense lawyer, and if he is he should certainly never be smiling or laughing. I suppose it's okay if he's wearing boxing gloves or pointing his finger and snarling at a defense attorney. He has a reputation to think about and one photo can sink it. His application for sainthood that he never submitted and for which no one (including him) thinks he qualifies? D-e-n-i-e-d.

:fence:

According to the "Deliberation Clock" on IS, the jury has been out for 10 HOURS now !

:fence:

I think that Jeff Ruby does some important work and is very generous.

He was clearly interacting and enjoying a laugh with the Defense Team.
I didn't say that sunk his reputation Madeleine74--it gave me pause as it would any person who has been following this. They were walking together.
They were walking together and sharing a laugh....it may not mean anything, but it was thought provoking to me. He probably went up and made a wise crack about Harry Smith would be my guess, but I still wonder.

Yes, I think that the courtroom bit was a planned stunt.
No, I don't think that Drew Peterson knew who he was after all that time in the jug.
No, I don't think that Drew was in a staring match with him--I think that it was staged.
No, I don't admire his threatening remark about taking care of people physically when the law doesn't. He loses a lot of credibility in my eyes when he is making statements that make him sound like a gangster.
Still, he does some good work and I admire that.

I don't appreciate sarcasm or nastiness.
That is all I have to say about this.

Yes, Jeff Ruby should ensure he is never seen or photographed within 50 ft of any defense lawyer, and if he is he should certainly never be smiling or laughing. I suppose it's okay if he's wearing boxing gloves or pointing his finger and snarling at a defense attorney. He has a reputation to think about and one photo can sink it.

can I predict an after lunch verdict? Like... they will go to lunch... (or go thru lunch) and we will get the 30 min warning.

That is just my prediction..

unless of course they are hung... and if they are this could go into tomorrow

:moo:

If anyone is interested. I think I'll pass. lol

SWIMMING WITH THE SHARK
Insight from Drew Peterson defense lawyer Joseph R. Lopez

http://blogs.suntimes.com/lopez/2012/09/closing_arguments_the_final_cut.html#.UEiTm6_LC5k.twitter

wow

You said it, ~n/t~ !!!

And that's all I'm gonna say about that!!!
icon10.gif

can I predict an after lunch verdict? Like... they will go to lunch... (or go thru lunch) and we will get the 30 min warning.

I'm liking that. Fits in with my day.

I could see a verdict happening this afternoon. I could also envision them going until tomorrow (Fri) after lunch. A jury that stays out a bit longer seems to have their verdict accepted more by the opposing side. If a jury comes back quickly (say, in less than 7 hours), sometimes there will be complaints about the jury not taking their jobs seriously and rushing because they just want to get home. Of course perception is always a variable thing. If a jury takes "too long" (whatever amount of time that is), that's not considered good either.

Sure is quiet (from the Jurors) Not surprised tho as they had much to go over and discuss naturally. I have to respect these Jurors. They really seem to be working the case.

I think in the Jason Young trial they went to lunch and then comeback with a verdict. If I'm remembering correctly...

Ruth Ravve ‏@RuthRavve
#DrewPeterson Deliberation day 2 begins at 9a, Brodsky says this will be a long day. One expert tells me verdicts don't happen before noon

Ruth Ravve ‏@RuthRavve
#DrewPeterson Brodsky carried into the courthouse the suit Drew Peterson will wear today if there's a need to be in court

Let's hope that suit will change to Orange before this day is over!!!!!

Justice for Kathleen!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member