We the Jury! Deliberations

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CBS Chicago ‏@cbschicago
#DrewPeterson defense team objecting to jury being provided autopsy photos, but judge ruling he'll provide them over those objections.

Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair
#drewpeterson judge overrules defense objections and sends pictures back to jury.

Ruth Ravve ‏@RuthRavve
#DrewPeterson Defense is objecting to many pics intended for the jury, Brodsky calls them "too gruesome", judge notes objection by defense

Defense is doing its job, objecting to decisions that might be questioned later on appeal.

Seems routine to me.

In Session The defense also objects to some of the bathroom photographs going back to the jury (but not to most of them). The judge allows most of them to go back. He then sends for the bailiff, instructing her to take the evidence back, and then to bring the jurors and alternates back to the courtroom. The judge then swears in the court reporter, who will be reading back the requested transcripts.

:fence: According to the IS "Deliberation Clock", jury has been out for 4 hours now !

:fence: :seeya:

Almost the same scenario here in Cary, NC, on the Cooper murder case. Nancy Cooper, mother of two, wife of Bradley Cooper (now LWOP in and NC prison), kept her bedroom door locked, had both daughters in there with her, slept in jeans and a shirt with her car keys in her jeans pocket.

Well he did murder her, but I believe the "sleeping in jeans with the girls in the locked room" bit was an exaggeration. Either way, on the night in question, the girls were sleeping in their own bedroom, she was tipsy from a party across the street, and he laid in wait for her to come home, in the meantime setting up his network router and phone call forwarding alibi scheme for the next morning. She wasn't afraid of him because she thought she could 'handle' him or 'take him on.' He was passive/aggressive, secretly plotting her demise, not loud and boastful like Drew Peterson. Nancy didn't want him to get her car keys. Kathleen openly feared for her life. Nancy did not fear for her life and seemed to have no idea what he was really capable of or had in store for her.

Heidisams it was testified that Stacy and Drew had some type of special Nextel phones that worked like Walkie talkies. They didn't call each other, they "chirped" each other then they could speak directly. A Nextel rep testified that Nextel does not record the times of the chirps, just the number of chirps over the billing period. So phone records won't show crap...unfortunately...

Would the records show if he turned his phone off while he commited the crime?

This is all very good, IMO. They'll see her bruised body, and that she would have had to defy every physical law in order to fall backward, hit her head, then land face forward...

K. I'm now thinking this is really looking good for the state! I hope dp and team are feeling the heat... This jury has already done more than the 12 from last summer... The P12 has put a fear in me that every trial I follow will also have they're own village idiots seated on the panel. I'm starting to feel optimistic now... I like their requests...

Hey guys...haven't commented in a while, but tuned in to wait for the verdict. I am worried, as it seems the sentiment here in the area is not looking great for the prosecution. Lots seem to think he's guilty, but that the state didn't put on a strong enough case-can't put him at the scene, botched investigation, etc... Sentiment seems to be it's going down the road of OJ, CA, Robert Blake, etc... I hope they are wrong.

Some of the questions the jury has been asking are more encouraging however.

That said, I still have real doubts on a guilty conviction being upheld on appeal, simply because of the hearsay evidence. But perhaps he'll be in jail as it makes its way up to the USSC. I guess we'll see.

I just hope the Savio family can get some peace and that Stacy's family can get on with the task of locating Stacy.

Editing to add a link:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...peterson-twitter-20120731,0,5381027.htmlstory

K. I'm now thinking this is really looking good for the state! I hope dp and team are feeling the heat... This jury has already done more than the 12 from last summer... The P12 has put a fear in me that every trial I follow will also have they're own village idiots seated on the panel. I'm starting to feel optimistic now... I like their requests...

Just remember, p12 did not ask for ANYTHING, no read backs, no pictures, reports or evidence. Apparently if it didn't involve pretzels, desserts or the hockey game they didn't give a poop. At least this jury is asking to review evidence, this is good! Deep breaths!

phone records:

I think they would only show a lapse of activity, not that the phone was turned off.

A ping chart on the other hand may show this (think Hailey Dunn case)

I love my GSD Blade. He's lying here at my feet like he's waiting for the verdict too. Too funny!!

Pages and pages behind. Had to peek at the last page to see if a verdict has been reached. Whew..

Hoping today brings justice for Kathleen "Kitty" Savio!! :please:

I keep peeking ahead too.

Still trying to catch up.

:praying:

Would someone give us a link to HLN so that we can continue to follow this case, please? Thank you so much.
icon12.gif

CBS Chicago ‏@cbschicago
Judge providing jury with a handwritten report Savio gave to a Bolingbrook cop about #DrewPeterson allegedly putting knife to her throat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mysterykitty