Websleuths is MOVING to a new home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will you be my new best friend?
This has turned into such a lovely thread.

you got it

i am only picking the ones that make me laugh out loud!! some of them are really mean !!

Spiderman-gets-involved.png

New-Years.jpg

I often see posts that only say marking my spot. I don’t know how it helps them find where they left off. Does it give some sort of indicator?

I'm terribly sorry, I thought I edited my answer before I posted because I figured out what you meant...gah!

By "marking my spot in my browser" I meant that I literally bookmark whatever page I am on in a thread, just like you would with any site that you want to go back and look at later. From what everyone talks about regarding the subscriptions (?) and all, it sounds like a more efficient way to mark your spot, right? You get notifications and stuff, too?

I'm terribly sorry, I thought I edited my answer before I posted because I figured out what you meant...gah!

By "marking my spot in my browser" I meant that I literally bookmark whatever page I am on in a thread, just like you would with any site that you want to go back and look at later. From what everyone talks about regarding the subscriptions (?) and all, it sounds like a more efficient way to mark your spot, right? You get notifications and stuff, too?

Yes, here is a screenshot of some of my subscribed threads. When I click on the black dot to the left of the title of the thread it takes me to the first post I haven't yet read

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 10.13.18 PM.jpg

Please tell me how and what the marking means. I’ve never understood that.

They won't have to mark their spot on the new WS. When you are signed in and you visit a thread you are subscribed to it will have new in the upper right by the next post where you left off at. As I have stated before on this thread so many cool things about this new site.

Too many marking my spot clutters up the thread.

Yes, here is a screenshot of some of my subscribed threads. When I click on the black dot to the left of the title of the thread it takes me to the first post I haven't yet read

attachment.php

This is fantastic, thank you! I'm sure in another 2.5 years I may have it figured out! :laughing:

You will kind of get your own personal notification's according to your post in the different threads. It will be up by you name It is called Alerts.

This is fantastic, thank you! I'm sure in another 2.5 years I may have it figured out! :laughing:

Haha, I can't imagine bookmarking every case I follow--it's almost 500 :eek: I'd have to click every one of them to find out if there was a new post.

On this forum software, you're automatically subscribed to a thread if you post a comment and you can also subscribe manually. Then those threads show up in your subscribed listing and are a darker color if there are posts you haven't read.

I'm sure the process is similar and probably even easier on the new site. I looked at it, but now I can't remember how it works.

You will kind of get your own personal notification's according to your post in the different threads. It will be up by you name It is called Alerts.

you don't have to have it do you??

it drove me nuts with that you have a new PM i did not know you could turn it off!!

don't feel bad about bookmark stuff

i did not know about subscriptions for like 4 years == it was a delightful accidental discovery I am telling you !!

what are subscriptions gonna be called

do you have to DO something or like here will it just make them for you

gosh it is like we are talking about a living thing!!

you don't have to have it do you??

it drove me nuts with that you have a new PM i did not know you could turn it off!!

don't feel bad about bookmark stuff

i did not know about subscriptions for like 4 years == it was a delightful accidental discovery I am telling you !!

what are subscriptions gonna be called

do you have to DO something or like here will it just make them for you

gosh it is like we are talking about a living thing!!

No it is not like here at all. It something you can click on if you want to see the Alerts to threads. You don't get emails or anything like that it is just there if you choose to use it.

I think subscriptions are automatic just like here they are called Watched Forums and Watched Threads. I wish we were already over there so you all could see our new digs!

it is actually

we all have different learning styles

i am not a rote learner (Trish saved me cause she explained WHY what I was I was doing is not ok)

it was something akin to how would you feel if we all are speculating all sorts of things about your mother online forever that is not true you have to remember that what we post here is online forever that was when i got the must state speculation

the imo drove me insane for the first couple of years

give me a break

but that was a real moment for me

now i don't have to think or remember to type speculating when that is what i am doing

BUT being told just not to speculate without the why I cant remember

an computers are the pitts the way my brain processes the world around me

try and try to do something and then by accident it does it

but then because of earlier failed attempts i cant even recall what i just did cause by that point i did not expect it to work

that is my biggest fear with this

getting stuck

then getting frustrated (which completely effs up learning!) about how I just did it correctly

so try again

but then I get lost again

now the learning curve is more a mess

my sense here today is Spellbound is going to be my lifesaver if I have a bunch of trouble

her natural inclination was to go step by step but if asked there would be a reason why i have to do it that way

so look out spell!

Dear Carris. I have never reached out but I think we may have a lot overlap. I have noticed the way you type and speak. I am curious to learn more. I believe we may have some of the same “special” afflictions.

Love,

The sensitive child.

Ps. I think my lymph node might be inflamed but I can’t say for certain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear Carris. I have never reached out but I think we may have a lot overlap. I have noticed the way you type and speak. I am curious to learn more. I believe we may have some of the same “special” afflictions.

Love,

The sensitive child.

Ps. I think my lymph node might be inflamed but I can’t say for certain.

start antibiotics my dear

you can go to amazon -- enter fish antibiotics

I know it sound fishy but it is the same stuff !!

def manicky this evening i know it is hard to tell !!

not drinking however

that may be the problem

start antibiotics my dear

you can go to amazon -- enter fish antibiotics

I know it sound fishy but it is the same stuff !!

def manicky this evening i know it is hard to tell !!

not drinking however

that may be the problem

Pandas. For that they do say antibiotics. Despite strep as my onset it believe
It’s regular good old ocd. Oh wait. That was reference the lymph node. Never mind! I did drink of course.

Oh wow we’re still here! Getting nervous but excited too!

attachment.php

just great I learn this 8 hours before it goes away that would have been awesome to know !!

better late than never I suppose !!

I am getting this sensation that I may need to pick up a notebook!!

well kids this may be it for a while !!

fun thread thanx!!

Looking forward to the new feature of group "conversations" so i dont have to read so many loads of chitter chatter and "what your drinking" !

I just wish they could allow ( 7 ) seven participants in the group, because thats how many there are in my tapatalk group chatroom that i use daily to discuss WS case matters with.
How do we do this with 7 friends ?
Please make allowance for this Tricia @websleuths
TiA

I hope it works out great. I’m a bit stuck in my ways and resistant of change but the new software looks like it will be an improvement and useful.

Hi!

Still here....

AnaPisces said:
It’s 8pm in Latvia?! Oh my, I had no idea there was such a big difference.

Hey Niner!

Hey AnaPisces! :wave:

Yup - I'm 7 hours ahead of Eastern time, and 10 hours ahead of Pacific time. Hard to follow trials on the west coast! It makes a bit hard!

ima.grandma said:
More to come but this WS will allow only 5 at a time - the new one allows all 12 at a time .

:happydance:

:skip:

:cheer:

BetteDavisEyes said:
Will a current bookmark (favorite) for Websleuths still work on the new site, or will we have to change direct link?

As far as I have read - YES! your current bookmarks will work on the new site.

Oh Tricia - have another question -

Will the "Birthdays" still show up like they do here at the bottom of the main page?? I like that - I always look to "see" whose birthdays are!

:tyou: in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member