Websleuths is MOVING to a new home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm obviously not Tricia, but I tried the new site and the birthdays are at the bottom of the page. I never noticed them on this version though.

Okay, you guys, since you are posting cute things, I am too! Look at this beautiful little boy, Mason Edward (middle name after his grandpa). I am so excited I cannot even begin to tell you! He is our first grandchild and will make his appearance around August 14th.

View attachment 134606

Congratulations pink!!!!! My mom & dad say being a grandparent is the best thing. They are always so excited whenever one of us brings the babies around to visit! (That includes Granddogs too [emoji23])

Mason Edward is a beautiful name [emoji170]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

attachment.php

.....well, 2 of them are puppy size.........

Beautiful horses!!! And look at that amazing view! Next stop: Arizona! ❤️[emoji288]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, here is a screenshot of some of my subscribed threads. When I click on the black dot to the left of the title of the thread it takes me to the first post I haven't yet read

attachment.php

My black dot thingy only works some of the time, sometimes I find myself on the last page and I've missed half of it. So, usually I have to go from the last post I made.

Anyway, this post of mine was unnecessary as the new site is much better at handling this :) lol

Guys? ... :desert: It's like a freakin' ghost town in here, someone come hold my hand while we cross over into a whole new Websleuthslandia?!

Spells? ima? Niner? Tricia? CARIIS? Anyone? :lol:

I’m still here AnaP.....lol.....I’m skeered, but still checking in....I haven’t checked out the new site....will this page be gone ?
Do we google Websleuths to find the new site?

I’m still here AnaP.....lol.....I’m skeered, but still checking in....I haven’t checked out the new site....will this page be gone ?
Do we google Websleuths to find the new site?

Hey! Yes, it's still the same link to the new site. This thread will be bought over to the new site, but the whole site will be gone while we wait.

I'm up late catching up before the whole thing disappears in 1 hour 20 lol.

I’m glad Websleuths is back up and running to keep me distracted in hospital. Is it possible for members to change the orange forum colour to a different one?

New site working for me! Nice!

Hi! I miss my tap a talk but this looks great and certainly is a huge improvement from the previous version- which without tap a talk I could have used. With this new one I can get by! Congrats. Yay!!

Wow, this feels... different. Should get used to it soon enough but the date/time of a post being at the bottom of the post feels very strange, every forum I've ever been on has it at the top/side so it's easy to spot (I tend to use that when flicking through pages to see from the top of the page how recent the page is). A bit awkward but so far my only complaint ;)

Reading all the comments about subscriptions further back makes me wonder if this site will actually work for me with them - most sites (which I think included the old site) only show as bold/unread threads which have new posts since you last visited - not threads which you haven't read (eg, if I visit and look at one thread, everything else that I didn't read in that visit is also marked read), hence I have about 30 bookmarks in my browser for threads I want to follow. If this version only marks as read things I have actually read, that'll be wonderful! Guess I'll find out after a few visits :)

Also if you post here or on any forum thread and notice whenever a new post is made you can get an alert and this annoys you, you can click unwatch thread at the top of the page on the right.

It’s supposed to do that I think... maybe I’m wrong.

I’m in. I need a Cole’s/cliff notes on how to use. looks great. Time to get aquatinted.

Also if you post here or on any forum thread and notice whenever a new post is made you can get an alert and this annoys you, you can click unwatch thread at the top of the page on the right.

It’s supposed to do that I think... maybe I’m wrong.

You can also turn off the alerts at https://www.websleuths.com/forums/account/alert-preferences - it lets you choose which you do and do not want to see; I left on alerts for when someone replies to me, tags me etc, but turned off general replies to threads as I reckon it could get spammy very fast once I'm watching several threads.

You can also turn off the alerts at https://www.websleuths.com/forums/account/alert-preferences - it lets you choose which you do and do not want to see; I left on alerts for when someone replies to me, tags me etc, but turned off general replies to threads as I reckon it could get spammy very fast once I'm watching several threads.
Is there anyway to view the first sentence of the last post made to a thread? This is what tap a talk allowed. That way I could see if a user was posting a link, chit chatting, or adding something the convo. Just so I would have a sense of when I wanted to click and when would scroll by and decide to check later. Thank you.

Also is there a way to have the last image posted displayed when scrolling over various threads? The images related to the cases helped me orient myself and remember which case was which.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper