WEBSLEUTHS WILL BE OFF LINE FOR A SOFTWARE UPDATE.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I found it.
You click New Posts, then on Filter on the right side I selected "unread threads" and "watched content"
and now my watched unread threads are all that's there.
Happy Happy.
Thank you so so much.

Just wanted to add that if you also check Save as default you won’t have to do this every time, it will automatically check only the new unread watched threads.

Thank you so so much.

Just wanted to add that if you also check Save as default you won’t have to do this every time, it will automatically check only the new unread watched threads.
Oh thanks, I forgot to say I saved as default.

This thread did not appear on my list, although you have replied to it and I had an alert about your reply...
Yes my so called unread watched list only has two threads on it, I watched them but they're still there and this one didn't show up on the list.

So it looks like it doesn't really work.

Yes my so called unread watched list only has two threads on it, I watched them but they're still there and this one didn't show up on the list.

So it looks like it doesn't really work.
I had bookmarked the New Posts with the filters applied and the list was empty, but when I clicked on New Posts this thread appeared. So, it seems to me that bookmarking is not working, it only works for that one instance, if that makes sense..

ETA I checked the URL of my bookmark and it has a number at the end, and whenever I click new posts that number changes (increases), so this is why bookmarking won’t work, I think..

I'm getting notifications of new posts on my task bar, pc.
Just the number 1 comes up in front of the Websleuths name.
I haven't left it long enough to see if the number changes.

Is there a way to see the number of threads in a particular forum or sub-forum (not sure which term is the correct one)? In the previous version there was a counter at the bottom of the page that said "Threads 1-20 of 123 for example". I found that incredibly useful.
There also used to be a counter for the number of posts in a thread, like Posts 1-20 of 26". I also found that useful when deciding if I have time to read just a little bit more or leave it for a different day. :)

Anyway, big fan of counters here, wondering if there is a way to get them back.

I think I found it.
You click New Posts, then on Filter on the right side I selected "unread threads" and "watched content"
Happy Happy.

I too liked that the numbers told me "how many" posts were on the next page since I follow so many cases - it helps to know if I want to continue reading or go to another thread.

I think I found it.
Happy Happy.

Thanks! I'll try that.

Also - thank you for telling me "where" the font size is!! I'm set! :)

I may have missed it but why are there numbers in parenthesis on the tabs?
ETA - The number keeps changing but it's always the same number on each tab,
It is troublesome when you have a lot of tabs open and because of space, all of them say (24) or (21), etc and you can't distinguish one tab from another.

Last edited:
On May 5 2022 (tonight, Thursday) Websleuths will be down starting at 7 pm Eastern, 6 pm Central, 5 PM Mountain and 4 pm Pacific. We are updating our software. Hopefully we will be back up sometime in the middle of the night.
You might see changes in the color but everything should stay the same.
Thank you,
Tricia
The colors are not working. Blue words on orange make DOUBLE letters. Even with my glasses now I see double letters. Even orange on black is difficult for me to see even with my glasses on. Can we please please have different colors.

Hopefully I have a solution for me, to seeing my watched unread threads on the same page.

I turned on the option in preferences in my account to receive a notification when someone posts in a watched forum and when someone replies in a watched forum.
Then I went to the Alerts page on the left side under Your Account.
All my watched threads are there and the ones with new posts are now nicely highlighted in an orange colour.

Anyway I'm happy if it keeps working as it's seeming to. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I bookmarked the page in my browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member