weekend break: discuss the latest here #123

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no. The women who laughed were being abused by JM thanks to his angry tone of voice. He has that power over women. Even from across the room he can abuse. That was just nervous laughter on the part of the victims.

Barf. Barf.

Women like this really make me sick. They are such a huge ball of hot air and do such an injustice to the women out there who really ARE strong women. These are not strong women. They are just women with chips on their shoulders who ban together to make one big, jumbled, mess of nothing.

:seeya: Hi rose !

BBM: I cannot figure it out either ... and it's really "bugging me" ... lol !

JMO ... but I would NOT be surprised IF she turns out to be "pro defense" ...

I know I know -- everyone seems to "think" she is pro prosecution because it was Nurmi of the Def Team who asked for her removal ...

But ya never know ... there has been so much hinky dinky allowed in that courtroom that nothing would surprise me ... absolutely nothing !

MOO ...

:moo:

What bothers me about her being in court, is the HLN is showing her in the courtroom, two seperate times now, her eyes are shirfted towards the jury... What IF Nurmi has someone watching her movements in court? What if a member of Jury is caught looking or smiling at her? I am afraid a mistrial is in order right shortly here... JMO.

I totally agree she is free to do as she wishes, but, since she has hireed a lawyer of her own, should be warning enough to her that her actions MAY causing a problem, thanks to the media hounding her.

Can anyone direct me to the first day of ALV on the stand. I would like to review the questioning by defense as they review her credentials. Thanks.

SW's evil stepmother:

* had all the power because the king was dead
* talked to her Magic Mirror, aka journal, daily
* MM in 1937 provided info - today it's the internet
* constantly checking MM for possible rivals (Deanna, Lisa, Mimi, etc)
* retaliated against rivals (stalking, tire-slashing, "whoredoms", etc)
* decided to kill object of hate by literally cutting out her heart
* disguised herself to get near her prey and to later fool the jury

deedee, could you explain what he is doing with this Snow White stuff? I don't get it. I asked on the legal thread but no answers so far.

Not sure if anyone can really say where he will go with it. He may not even talk about it again Monday, could have just been a smoke and mirror type thing since he knew JW only left him with 30-40 minutes before a long-week end.

I'm sure he didnt want to show his entire cross in such a short time frame. I was hoping to get to the story/punch line too. I was on edge of my seat, loving it.

Just love that Juan, he keeps us all on the edge of our seat.

I feel like the reason JM used Snow White to talk about is to point out that both Snow White and JA's story are fairy tales and the expert has called both of them domestic violence. Basically, that she can't tell the difference from a lie (fairy tale) and the truth. I could be wrong but that is what I got out of it. He will probably surprise me with a really good one, though.

I agree. I also had a thought. When she said she doesn't know about violence with SW because she doesn't know how the prince treated her.
I think he will somehow tie that with she can't possible know about Travis because she never knew him. Never got the chance to speak to him.
So how could she judge Travis?

Ok...confused....didn't he start out asking her if Jodi wrote anything negative about Travis and then got confused and switched it to Jodi writing about anything negative about herself??

That's what I thought when I first heard it. But then I watched it a couple more times and I think he asked about Travis first. The next question was if she read anything negative the defendant wrote about herself.

ALV was confused. It wasn't Juan. He had moved on to his second question and ALV thought he was still talking about TA.

I cringed at first because I thought he messed up but then I saw it was her mistake. That was my take on it anyway.

deedee, could you explain what he is doing with this Snow White stuff? I don't get it. I asked on the legal thread but no answers so far.

The point I BELIEVE JM was making (and doing it very well, I might add) made about the Snow White thing (other than he accomplished making ALV look like a complete nut IMHO “I don’t know the age of Prince Charming, etc.” was exactly what his last point was yesterday – paraphrasing “Given the fact that this is a fairy tale, you (meaning ALV) can formulate an opinion based on sheer fantasy”, i.e. JA's journals and her fairytale lie.

I heard through a lawyer friend in Phoenix that JM and AVL really went at each other in the pre trials hearings. There is so love between these two and this is really going to get heated. They hate each other.

My take on the courtroom laughter was completely different. I didn't take those that laughed as ALV's followers at all. And, IMO those laughing weren't laughing at her obviously rehearsed and canned response(s) created in an "attempt" to throw JM off his game. It backfired BIG TIME. With only 30 minutes left for the court day, everyone in that courtroom was on the edge of their seats. JM was in rare form and sternly asking for "yes" or "no" answers. The tension of his cross had the public cheering inside as someone was FINALLY able to take down this fraud of an expert. They were hanging on every angry question by JM.... when ALV asked her "planned" question. The laughter (however inappropriate it was) IMO was in support of the prosecution...and was more like a "he!! yeah he's mad...he's mad that anyone would sit up there and lie for a murderer".

Not saying one is right or wrong. This is just my take, and I do like reading how others view interchanges like this :)

:goodpost:

I heard through a lawyer friend in Phoenix that JM and AVL really went at each other in the pre trials hearings. There is so love between these two and this is really going to get heated. They hate each other.

Yes good point. I think we are forgetting this isn't the first time for them to meet. He ripped shreds off her in the pretrial re the claim about where the picture of the boy was as she said the pic was on Travis's computer. They each know what each other are like and now its in JM's court.

Anyone think it is strange that the two people who were suppose to give an objective report for court regarding the defendant end up sending her books that would help Jodi with her defense? jmo

Reading those few entries when the news broke that Travis was dead made my stomach turn; her cold and calculating cover-up. No real emotion whatsoever. I had tears by the time I finished reading those pages.

I think that many people will form the opinion that the 2008 journal was fabricated. It is difficult to separate the curiosity aspect from the trial aspect, and so I wonder how far JM can go with certain things. If the integrity of the journals is successfully challenged, the whole house of cards falls for the defense team.

Well it's pretty obvious that the entries from June 10 on are fabricated so that should bring doubt into the whole thing. As in, even if she did write the other pages at the correct time, who's to say anything she's writing is truthful since the she was obviously not being truthful after June 10th. Are there any pages between June 2nd and June 10th? Any explanation if there isn't? Not even a "nothing noteworthy happened" entry?

MOO

from the ca.gov website

seems alyce had her pay bumped up

You're confused. That is what the board will pay to have the shrink review consumer complaints. I can tell you for a fact that ALV's rate is in the standard range for appearing in court.

My SO is paying $275/hr for a custody evaluator. There is an MD psychiatrist here who charges $500/hr.

Motion of Mistrial? - Monday

Last night Jon Stewart, The Daily Show, did a segment on CNN. They showed HLN's re-enactment of the crime as an example. What are the chances that a juror wanting to release is watching TDS and then wham there is Ryan Smith <edited out Mike Brooks ... not enough java> with a knife illustrating the 9 stab wounds & slashed throat. prejudicial?

http://on.cc.com/10CkdL6

That's what I thought when I first heard it. But then I watched it a couple more times and I think he asked about Travis first. The next question was if she read anything negative the defendant wrote about herself.

ALV was confused. It wasn't Juan. He had moved on to his second question and ALV thought he was still talking about TA.

I cringed at first because I thought he messed up but then I saw it was her mistake. That was my take on it anyway.

Ditto here. I am in agreement with your assessment.

Ok...confused....didn't he start out asking her if Jodi wrote anything negative about Travis and then got confused and switched it to Jodi writing about anything negative about herself??

That's what I remember, and JM then chided her for not understanding the question. An oopsie on his part iirc.

And almost the same comeback when she challenged JM about his attitude. Easy to see Jodi was coached by ALV to stand up to JM. ALV was also refusing to answer JM's questions with a direct answer because she wanted to control the cross. She wanted to answer questions her way and twist her answers accordingly. I'm sure she feels JM is very abusive. lol
What Juan does that seems to light everyone's fuse is in those yes/no questions. I've never studied linguistics so this is starting to fascinate me. I'm glad we have all these tapes so I can go back and review the exchanges. My understanding is that communication is 70 percent visual, but there is definitely something going on when the witness keeps complaining that they cannot answer just yes or no. Why not, me wonders?

I suspect not being allowed to embellish the response harkens back to childhood. Maybe they feel out of control, or maybe yes/no questions give no quarter to hide untruths. I don't know. But is certainly interesting to watch.

What bothers me about her being in court, is the HLN is showing her in the courtroom, two sepertste times now, her eyes are shirfted towards the jury... What IF Nurmi has someone watching her movements in court? What if a member of Jury is caught looking or smiling at her? I am afraif a mistrial is in order right shortly here... JMO.

No lawyer here, but I don't think it's any kind of crime or even an issue for anyone to look at anyone in a courtroom. She could even talk to a juror, in an appropriate situation (outside of the courtroom) as long as the real juror followed the admonition and didn't say anything about the case.

I beleive the judge would have kept her out of the courtroom if she thought there was any risk of a mistrial. I believe that is totally within her purview.

As much as I find her behavior distasteful, I believe she has every right to look at, and make eye contact, with whoever she wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FedExFan11