weekend break: discuss the latest here #124

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope the jury can still remember the states other witnesses. Between JA being on the staand for 6 months and ALV almost as long, I've forgotten what even happened at the beginning!

Juan gets two shots at closing and his words will be the last they hear. (not counting jury instructions)

To put it mildly, he'll jog their memory.

:goodpost: Zuri I was basically your son before I had my child. I went to 4 rehabs. My parents never gave up on me, and I really couldn't fully understand this until I had a child of my own.

Congrats to your son on his 132 days!

Zuri... :yourock: :yourock:

Wait a minute. Now I'm confused. I thought "mule" was slang for prostituting.:facepalm: Appears this word means something else? :rocker:

Look guys, all three of my kids are out of the nest now :great: so I'm behind the times.:blushing:

LOLL As in pack mule, with bags to carry things from one place to another!

In some cases the drug king pins make the "mules" swallow the drugs. On the other end i guess they pass the drugs, or quite possibly they kill the person in some cases and cut out the drugs. Other mules just drive drugs around hidden in the car. A good point by Zuri... as Jodi taped her 9mm to the inside of the hood of the car. She then shows she hides things in cars, no normal person would even know how to open the hood let alone how to attach a gun in there.

article-1342417-0291BED80000044D-477_468x351.jpg

I just hope the jury can still remember the states other witnesses. Between JA being on the staand for 6 months and ALV almost as long, I've forgotten what even happened at the beginning!

True that.

Sarcasm noted on time exaggeration btw....feels like 6 YEARS...but that's a a DT strategy ...take long enough to try to get to the point and maybe the jury will contract dementia/Alzheimer's .......

Justice will prevail.

I would fold like an oragami swan under pressure (if I were guilty)....however-- if I were innocent I would fight like a.....no id prolly freak out too....:blushing:

But if it was my baby girl/boy on trial as the defendant ....I cant even begin to imagine my response....

If it was my baby girl/boy who had been needlessly saughtered? Well....the only trial would be mine. ...and I would plead guilty.

May the Alexander family find peace....:please:

I'm wondering if dr phils alleged offer changed sandy arias. I feel like the father is the most sincere, moo.

Juan gets two shots at closing and his words will be the last they hear. (not counting jury instructions)

To put it mildly, he'll jog their memory.

Yeseree bob that's what I'm banking on.

Either way, yuck! Even worse, I kind of think it's both. She is so in love with her own work that she thinks she can squish JA into the role. She has to see that the vicious murderer absolutely does not fit. She must not care.

Greetings from Australia...
I have just started following this case for the last few months and it is blowing my tiny little mind...
As a study in human behaviour and cultural perceptions it is a doozy!!
What amazes me is the way so many people involved are sculpting JA(herself included) into a form that suits their own world view...from JA after the murder to DF onwards up to the recent testimony of ALV...
Unless JA comes clean with an explanation we will never truly know what motivated her to commit such an atrocious act. It's incredible to me we have her in the court room perfectly able to express herself and yet others are being asked to speak on her behalf as though they could even pretend to know her. Her mother doesn't even really know her.
In Australia we have a system where a committal hearing is held before the trial to determine whether something should go to trial. Do you have that in the US? Pardon my ignorance. At that stage I just wish the judge could have said, No lady, your defence is a load of... and there is no evidence for what you are purporting.
I can't watch the trial because I don't have unlimited Internet but have been reading and watching all I can.
CAN'T WAIT FOR THE CROSS!!!!

I suggested earlier that patent law might have been fitting for Nurmi's oratorical skills.

No, even patent law is more exciting that Nurmi. I used to work for antitrust lawyers, and we're as exciting as the next Bond movie compared to him.

sneaking back to my notebook...
Mister Juanderful will be pulling out the dictionary again it seems...

JA didn't fear TA because he used the word "wrath"

What was the exact sentence he used? Anyone have a link?
Was it "You will feel my wrath?"
OK I AM OLD!!!!
It has been a long time since I had to diagram a sentence.
34 years I think! It used to make me so mad. I'd ask myself "when will I EVER need to do this.
~apparently TODAY! lol (do they even teach this anymore?)
Any teachers out there wanna give it a whirl?
You will feel my wrath.
"You"- the subject
will "feel"- is a verb
my "wrath"- is the noun?

Wrath:

intense anger (usually on an epic scale)
Type of:
fury, madness, rage
adj: feeling of intense anger
noun: belligerence aroused by a real or supposed wrong (personified as one of the deadly sins)
Synonyms:
anger, ira, ire
Type of:
deadly sin, mortal sin
an unpardonable sin entailing a total loss of grace.

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/wrath

Wrath:

1: strong vengeful anger or indignation
2: retributory punishment for an offense or a crime : divine chastisement
<waited until my initial wrath had eased before voicing my complaint>
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/wrath

*Indignation
: anger aroused by something unjust, unworthy, or mean
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/indignation

----------------------------------
Wrath: Urban Dictionary

Something very close to you has been killed/hurt, maybe your girlfriend or your child.

I shall attempt to explain the direness of wrath.
If anger had a scale from 1 to 10, wrath would score 30.
When one goes into "wrath mode" one loses are logical or rational thinking and wants only annihilate whatever the cause of the wrath in the most painful and excruciating way possible.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wrath

If I HAD to guess she must have told TA that she was going to his Bishop and telling him TA was a pedophile, becuase someone told her he was...
wouldn't that make sense with the "spill it" who told you that stuff?
What man wouldn't go ape ch!t if wrongly accused of that?????
I would bet she did the same thing to DB as well!
JMO

IMO he didn't even lose rational thinking. He called her exactly what she is! He never threatened her physically!
He didn't say "I'm coming to get you."
He didn't say "Watch your back"
He said do not contact me again. Right?

Sounds to me like he gave her a piece of his mind and he was over it...
EGADS! she even said she never got his emails! (what a liar she is!!)

"I was angry with my friend: I told my wrath, my wrath did end. I was angry with my foe: I told it not, my wrath did grow." - William Blake

:seeya: all JMO!!!

I loved to diagram sentences. I am right there with you! :) I am a little rusty but here goes!

You subject of the sentence and part of speech pronoun
will helping verb
feel verb
my adjective describing wrath
wrath direct object in sentence and part of speech noun

Wish I could do the lines and everything but am limited on here.

I think Jodi was blackmailing him, threatening to tell his friends of their extra curricular activities and that's why Travis kept hanging in there hoping she wouldn't.

In some cases the drug king pins make the "mules" swallow the drugs. On the other end i guess they pass the drugs, or quite possibly they kill the person in some cases and cut out the drugs. Other mules just drive drugs around hidden in the car. A good point by Zuri... as Jodi taped her 9mm to the inside of the hood of the car. She then shows she hides things in cars, no normal person would even know how to open the hood let alone how to attach a gun in there.

O/T but Maria Full of Grace is a really good film about mules.

I have to think that she must be at least questioning her assessment. Who knows.

I might have believed that until learning here today that her life partner is a PhD credentialed family/individual psychologist who's no doubt watched the trial, probably alongside ALV, and compared notes. She/they reached their perpetrator/victim conclusion together, and lack of known facts wasn't a factor imo.

You have given me hope that maybe someday soon this will be all behind us. I have had my heart broken. In my mind, I went through the self blame and what I could have done sooner, better, more. I grieved. How did I not know it was as bad as it was? I am pretty black and blue on the inside for beating myself up. However, I refused to give up because my son is MY son.

I am sure your parents are so proud of the person you are and the parent you became. Your son is lucky to have you as his Mom.:blowkiss:

Zuri... I went through the same self blame in regards to my ex husbands addictions... he was my sons father and I blamed myself for not doing things to prevent it...after all, I was his mother and I should be able to fix his father shouldn't I?

A wise counselor taught me the three c's of co-dependancy and it has helped me immenseley through some very hard times.. I have passed it on to friends who were dealing with the same issues and they say it has helped them to take a deep breath when feeling guilty and recite them to yourself

I did not Cause it
I cannot Control it
I cannot Cure it

God bless you as I went through hell with it being my ex-husband , I dont know if I would have the strength to survive it if it were my son.

I wonder if ALV knew what she was getting into when she first agreed to be an expert for the defense. She sure does know. Remember when she said, "I hope I have a practice to go back to when I'm done."

While I think we can all agree she probably agreed to it for the money, if she was so passionate about domestic violence and its' victims, why in the world would you throw your whole career out the door to do it?

Quite honestly, how many seconds does it take to pop out the memory card? 10? 15? No deleting, no hot water or suds necessary at all. She was either totally freaking out or didn't know the camera was wrapped up in the sheets. I'm truly going to go crazy if I continue to ponder on the minutia of this case!!!!

I imagine her freaking out and carrying on a conversation with herself, probably in 3rd person (as she did in the interrogation room while left alone). After watching all 18 of the interrogation vids, I believe she is bi-polar with multiple personality (along with a plethora of other issues). I believe she was in a frantic state - thus the multiple stab wounds all over the place and I believe when she was finally done, she frantically started trying to clean up and dispose of whatever evidence she could grabbed clothes and camera thinking water would destroy everything on the camera and took off.

After watching her behaviors for.......aaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh..........hours, I literally can see her frantically running around :panic: :nerves: I see her licking her lips, chewing on her lips and her bug eyes moving back and forth really fast. Wouldn't surprise me when she finally stopped that she puked from all the adrenaline rush and anxiety which im sure she was filled with.

I don't believe she just calmly and casually did this and walked away with her little smirk we have all come to know....she was like a junkie on speed....

Greetings from Australia...
I have just started following this case for the last few months and it is blowing my tiny little mind...
As a study in human behaviour and cultural perceptions it is a doozy!!
What amazes me is the way so many people involved are sculpting JA(herself included) into a form that suits their own world view...from JA after the murder to DF onwards up to the recent testimony of ALV...
Unless JA comes clean with an explanation we will never truly know what motivated her to commit such an atrocious act. It's incredible to me we have her in the court room perfectly able to express herself and yet others are being asked to speak on her behalf as though they could even pretend to know her. Her mother doesn't even really know her.
In Australia we have a system where a committal hearing is held before the trial to determine whether something should go to trial. Do you have that in the US? Pardon my ignorance. At that stage I just wish the judge could have said, No lady, your defence is a load of... and there is no evidence for what you are purporting.
I can't watch the trial because I don't have unlimited Internet but have been reading and watching all I can.
CAN'T WAIT FOR THE CROSS!!!!

Great first post and welcome to Our group! :wagon:

We do have something similar...the grand jury. They determine if a case warrants going to trial but does not need as much evidence as the actual trial.

There's a saying here that a grand jury needs so little evidence that it could indict a ham sandwich.

I could not figure out why she put the gun there. Now it makes sense. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams