weekend break: discuss the latest here #124

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 1 to Juan.

Jurors are home for the weekend and they're not thinking about ALv expert testimony (and I'm being very generous calling it testimony, more like reciting from Jodi's journal) they're thinking that she goes around the country presenting "is snow white a battered woman?" NOT GOOD.

Did you see Wilmott's face? She did everything in her legalese power to keep Juan from talking about ALv & her Snow White fairytale. You think she would have done that if it helped Jodi's case. She looked really worried.

Juan got what he wanted.

Yes I understand that, and I thought she maybe did OK in rebutting that it was merely the title of her seminar.

Again I think this judge is lenient almost always. I could see other judges saying enough on Snow White Vegas Seminar, Move On. And maybe in other venues this whole thing would have been no more than a week???

And Katie had to ask members here for sadly needed donations for the real victim's family. I find that very sad.

Think about the karma though. Ours. Theirs.

Now doesn't that turn that frown upside down? ;)

Seriously it makes me feel as good as I've ever felt to be able to help this family. And you are all making that happen. :)

And Katie had to ask members here for sadly needed donations for the real victim's family. I find that very sad.

It's more than sad, isn't it? I hope that Travis' family was asked and turned down sleazy Phil. It angers, but doesn't surprise me that SA would cash in. I have had a bad feeling about that woman(x2) and her disquieting affect since I laid eyes on her. I did not have the same feeling about JA's dad.

BBM: I disagree with you on this point. I've put a large load in my washer and found a shoe when I pulled the laundry out. Never heard a thing and I live in a much smaller house than Travis. BUT, whether she put the camera in the washer deliberately or not, she didn't sit there and wait for the cycle to finish. She was probably frantic to get out of there. And if she went back upstairs after putting the laundry in, even if it was making some noise, she likely would not have heard in from Travis' room. moo

But this was a very small load, not a large one. There was only his t-shirt, shorts, underwear, socks and the camera. Just with that little amount of stuff she would have known the camera was in there. Besides, the machine would have also have been off balance because of the heavy lump of camera and few clothes that would make the drum wobble back and forth causing a banging noise. My washer is really finicky about unbalanced loads, so much so that I can't even DO a small load of wash like that without the drum banging, and most of the time the machine will stop the cycle and buzz to let you know you have to re-balance the load and then re-start the cycle.

When I was a kid the washer we had would just keep going with an unbalanced load banging away but it wouldn't stop the cycle, and if you didn't hang around to know it was banging away with an unbalanced load the washer would "walk" across the floor sometimes a couple of feet!

With that small load of wash with the camera in it there's just no way she wouldn't have known she put it in there even before starting the machine since she would have seen it, and the load would have been unbalanced because of the heavy lump of camera vs. the few clothing items that were also in there that either the camera would have been banging against the walls of the drum or the drum itself would have been banging against the inner sides of the machine or both.

She washed the camera in the machine on purpose. It would have had blood all over it plus her fingerprints, and she probably also wanted to make sure the memory card was destroyed. I would have thought that the memory card would have been destroyed as well, but miraculously they were able to extract the photos anyway.

It's more than sad, isn't it? I hope that Travis' family was asked and turned down sleazy Phil. It angers, but doesn't surprise me that SA would cash in. I have had a bad feeling about that woman(x2) and her disquieting affect since I laid eyes on her. I did not have the same feeling about JA's dad.

Nothing would surprise me. But what happened to the Mom since that police interrogation? Seems like a different woman. Didn't the Mom try to sell letters to a daily rag?

Apologies in advance - I just need a vent

I was poking around reading some things just now and came across something that upset me so much I didnt know what to do - so of course I came here. I don't even want to repeat what I read because its just so f'n ridiculous that no thinking person would ever take it seriously (and yet, some complete and utter fools at another site that will go unnamed are actually citing it as proof that something horrible she said is true. )

I've always known that she's taken perfectly innocent exchanges and events and built stories around them. In her mind, if it starts with something true and provable, people will believe the sick stuff she adds to it. Tonight it just really hit me how, for 4 years she has poured over journals, and texts, and emails and even innocuous comments made by friends on his FB and plucked out things to twist and morph into something so disgusting that most people cant wrap their minds around her evil. Its so f'ing obvious I cant even stand it, yet there are those at the aforementioned site who actually believe and accept as proof, a post made in jest many years ago. How can anyone not see its the other way around. She took a joke and built a giant lie around it.

Im sorry - Probably not making sense. Im tired and pissed and shouldnt be posting when this upset but its the only thing i thought might make me feel better.

Prayers for Travis and his beautiful family

/rant

Yes I understand that, and I thought she maybe did OK in rebutting that it was merely the title of her seminar.

Again I think this judge is lenient almost always. I could see other judges saying enough on Snow White Vegas Seminar, Move On. And maybe in other venues this whole thing would have been no more than a week???

BBB: The point is Wilmott can't unring the bell. The jurors heard it and you have to admit it sounds nutty and sexist. There are lots of men on the jury, so if they were sorta looking for a reason to question her "expertise", this may give them an out.

And you better believe Juan will continue to tie her "guideline" to the fairytale.

You heard her testify that it's her guideline. She created it. And she defiantly told Juan "and I've also changed it." Wilmott nearly passed out. This will come back to haunt.

I was poking around reading some things just now and came across something that upset me so much I didnt know what to do - so of course I came here. I don't even want to repeat what I read because its just so f'n ridiculous that no thinking person would ever take it seriously (and yet, some complete and utter fools at another site that will go unnamed are actually citing it as proof that something horrible she said is true. )

I've always known that she's taken perfectly innocent exchanges and events and built stories around them. In her mind, if starts with something true and provable, people will believe the sick stuff she adds to it. Tonight it just really hit me how, for 4 years she has poured over journals, and texts, and emails and even innocuous comments made by friends on his FB and plucked out things to twist and morph into something so disgusting that most people cant wrap their minds around her evil. Its so f'ing obvious I cant even stand it, yet there are those at the aforementioned site who actually believe accept as proof a post made in jest many years ago. How can anyone not see its the other way around. She took a joke and built a giant lie around it.

Im sorry - Probably not making sense. Im tired and pissed and shouldnt be posting when this upset but its the only thing i thought might make me feel better.

/rant

People say all kinds of things ~ doesn't make it true.

Anyway the court case imo has turned into a theater of the bizarre.

*Updated*

A longer version of JAM

[video=youtube;0VwUeA9Gf2M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VwUeA9Gf2M[/video]

At 04:20, Det Fl tells her there's lot of evidence and her mom's Ohhh is painful and sad.

--

The rest of the conversations are here . http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9173313#post9173313

--
Det Fl: Was she talking about leaving town?
JAM: She talked about not staying here. But she didn't come out and say I'm leaving tomorrow. I went over and talked to her last night for a little while coz I couldn't sleep. And I calld her and I said are you still awake I said or can you or can I come over because she used to come over late at night and visit with the kids and be on the computer.

And just this last couple of week she has, since Travis's death um she has been the best relationship we've had in our whole life. And I've said maybe this death has made her see that life is short and you have to, you know you can't be this way and it's changing her so so you know the last few weeks have been I mean I didn't spend a lot of time with her but I talked to her more than I have ever talked to her since when she left the house at 18.

She told me she didn't want to stay here long and she was gonna leave. She did tell me that was going to go down to umm Monterey for a few days but she didn't tell me when. She was going to go down and visit some friends and stop and see my step daughter in Hollister

Det Fl: What was the urgency for her to leave like soon?
JAM: I don't know. I don't know. I did not know she was leaving today.
Det Fl: Your husband mentioned something about her like not going to work and quitting her job
JAM: She didn't quit her job
Det Fl: And because like a police offer called her work for some reason
JAM: She told me that someone called her yesterday and wanted to question her about the break in at my mom and dad's house. She did tell me that. And she said why don't you want to talk to my grandma and grandpa cozt's their house coz it's their house. She did tell me that but no mention of anything else. I mean I don't know if that scared her. I don't know. I know she bought a gun which they probably already found the gun.
Det Fl: Yeah. She has registered it and everything so there's no problems with the gun
JAM: She was scared when Travis died. She said Mom I was at his house all the time. She cleaned his house all the time. And spent all that time there In fact Travis was supposed to come up here and they were going to go over to the Oregon coast and
Det Fl: When did she tell you that?
JAM: Um um after he died. No it was before he died she told me he was coming up. In fact it was last last weekend I think and she said this is the weekend that Travis was supposed to come up and we were going to do things. We were going to go to Crater Lake and they had a book 1000 things to see before you die and and her and Travis were doing a lot of those things together. They went to the Grand Canyon. They went all these places together.
JAM: I didn't know she was leaving today. She told me she was going to go down and visit but I don't know. Maybe that phone call scared her. Maybe she did do it. I don't know but I just can not even imagine her doing it.
Det Fl: I can't either
JAM: JA's a very intelligent person
Det Fl: She is
JAM: Go look the books she brought to our house. I mean she's got all these books that I would not even think about reading you know and she's smart and how could someone...
Det Fl: I understand she's extremely intelligent and the more I've talked to her over the last month and a half I know she's intelligent
JAM: You know in fact she gave us a hard time because I never went to college and she kept telling me mom you need to read, you need to do this, you need to better your life. I don't know. I just can't even imagine. My god. I can't. I just can't even think about it.
Det Fl: Unfortunately the evidence we have is completely convincing to me. We have everything from her fingerprints at the scene of the crime
JAM: Well I know she's her fingerprints are there
Det Fl: Her DNA. Her uh things like her hair. You know things like that are there
JAM: Well you know she spent time with him though so does that prove that she killed him? She cleaned his house.
Det Fl: The evidence we have is more than just that. I mean you don't leave a fingerprint in blood.
JAM: Oh.
Det Fl: Okay
JAM: Why would she do something like that?
Det Fl: I don't know
JAM: Did she just snap or what? I don't know. And how could she come back here, and be normal and when her friends call her and told her that he died she totally freaked out like she knew nothing about it. I mean how could someone do that. How? I can't even. I can't I can't think of how anybody could do that
Det Fl: And that's why I wanted her explanation but she absolutely refused to tell me the truth

Nothing would surprise me. But what happened to the Mom since that police interrogation? Seems like a different woman. Didn't the Mom try to sell letters to a daily rag?

I have read that she did try to sell letters. I can't keep up enough to know where that came from. I have not seen all of her police interrogation, just short clips so far. I agree that she seems different then, and she may have been sincerely shocked. IDK, but something bothers me. I have felt she knows things about the .25.

Paid for the last 90+ days, she has been visited by the producers, was paid licensing fee for photos and vids. Paid for her daily jailhouse notes.
I wondered how they were able to come from another state and stay throughout the trial. They just didn't appear to me as having the means to do that...unless they had family in the area. Now, I understand.

Quite honestly, how many seconds does it take to pop out the memory card? 10? 15? No deleting, no hot water or suds necessary at all. She was either totally freaking out or didn't know the camera was wrapped up in the sheets. I'm truly going to go crazy if I continue to ponder on the minutia of this case!!!!

The sheets weren't in that load of wash. Only the camera, Travis's clothes that he was wearing (t-shirt, shorts, underwear and socks), and that's it. The load of all the sheets, pillow cases and duvet was the first load she did and was already in the dryer having been dried.

SHe didn't want to take the camera with her. It would have been the only item missing from the house and been noticed, and since she was the photo taking guru a missing camera and missing memory card would point the finger at her. There's no other reason to take the time to delete all the photos one by one and then wash the camera while she was still there and running out of time.

Of course she took the murder weapons... they didn't belong to Travis.

I've always known that she's taken perfectly innocent exchanges and events and built stories around them. In her mind, if it starts with something true and provable, people will believe the sick stuff she adds to it. Tonight it just really hit me how, for 4 years she has poured over journals, and texts, and emails and even innocuous comments made by friends on his FB and plucked out things to twist and morph into something so disgusting that most people cant wrap their minds around her evil. Its so f'ing obvious I cant even stand it, yet there are those at the aforementioned site who actually believe and accept as proof, a post made in jest many years ago. How can anyone not see its the other way around. She took a joke and built a giant lie around it.

/rant

I suggest for your sanity that you stay off that website. Nothing good can come from reading anything on there. Seriously. Just don't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member