weekend break: discuss the latest here #125

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't JA tell the court that Travis had one foot into the closet while she was in there reaching for the gun that was supposedly on the top shelf? I think that happened when JM was crossing but not sure. If Travis had one foot in the door while she was up there supposedly grabbing a gun to kill him, what did he do in reaction to that? Man, I cannot wait for 11:30 AM Central Time Tomorrow !!!

Yeah, I think JM said the one foot in the door, and she agreed that the door was opening when she was getting up on the shelf. That was the LONGEST bit of testimony with her fighting him tooth and nail about how "slowly" but "quickly" things were happening.

If Travis knew his loaded gun was up there, and he saw her reaching for it, why in the world would he have kept following her? That is if he couldn't have bum-rushed her right there into the ties before she even got a good landing back on the carpet. --that is, if she could actually even put weight on the shelves.

What I liked about JM on Thursday, is they thought they were clever asking ALV if she had memory problems, but he came back and very quickly proved that she did have memory problems by asking her what negative things Jodi said about herself in the journals. That was beautifully done.

It was beautiful...Did you see the witness throw out her two front teeth and say well, well, well...

I saw a priceline entry on her bank statement after the trip and I, too, wondered what that was about. how does she get all this money to travel to be so broke?

Is it anywhere near where Gus lived?

I think she said that her car still worked, and she drove herself to Redding. She just didn't want to take her car on such a long trip.

I seem to remember her saying someone took her...I think she was wishy washy about who took her but I dont know...heh...she talks in circles you know :)

We had a teeny little brick house in Sierra Vista and it had a swamp cooler and it was the bomb! Swamp coolers, as I understand it, work great until the dew point gets to a certain point, and then the humidity is too high for them to work. So they do work here but not once the 'monsoon season' arrives. It got up to 105 in Sierra Vista, and I thought I was going to die. I'd never been in heat like that. The summer we moved to Phoenix it was over 115 for 2 weeks straight, with a high of 120. That is some crazy heat.

Yep. Phoenix has become humid over a few decades too, due to increased development.

But we're getting off topic here... :seeya:

Yeah, I think JM said the one foot in the door, and she agreed that the door was opening when she was getting up on the shelf. That was the LONGEST bit of testimony with her fighting him tooth and nail about how "slowly" but "quickly" things were happening.

If Travis knew his loaded gun was up there, and he saw her reaching for it, why in the world would he have kept following her? That is if he couldn't have bum-rushed her right there into the ties before she even got a good landing back on the carpet. --that is, if she could actually even put weight on the shelves.

If I heard it - I KNOW the jurors heard it. That is what matters.

While Ms. Laviolette has undoubtedly done much to help women who have been abused, her testimony so far to me, has been far too general, and hasn't done much to farther Ms. Arias' case that she was continually abused by Mr. Alexander. The only evidence the DT has is her journals, which she has already admitted to not telling the truth in for various reasons Such as shame of the law of attraction. Thus, in the end of the day, ms. La violette's testimony is once again based simply upon what Arias has been telling her.

Another point. Suppose Mr. Alexander did abuse her in the manner she suggests. This is no justification for what she committed. In fact, if Arias had been abused, or she felt that she had been abused, this would provide a much stronger motive as to why she was able to commit such a heinous act and premeditate it.

This trial needs to be focused. And this is not only the duty of the judge. Mr Martinez as well needs to direct his questioning so that it is very clear to the jury how everything stands with respect to the law, and not to be confused by this silly attempt at distraction.

I originally thought she was heading for Mexico (since she speaks Spanish and is so slick in her own mind) but not so sure now. I still think she thought in her wicked mind that she would get "away" from it all and be able to fool everyone. She bought that 9mm and had those knives with her because she felt empowered after what "she thought" she just got away with.

Edit: Maybe she thought if she put that gun in the engine compartment, she could "fool" the folks going into Mexico border.

I think she would have been caught asap crossing the border with a gun taped inside her hood of the rental vehicle but understand her simple thinking that she needed weapons to protect herself in her mind. Dumb dumb dummie... A 9mm taped inside the hood. Maybe she planned on offering favors along the way to cross the border? She was buying time to plot her escape from Travis' murder. She was booking it out of town. Anywhere but I feel she would eventuely head towards Mexico if she could have, even so stupidly. 50/50 for her. Go to prison for Travis' murder or go to Mexico and scam more? hmmm

I still want to watch the interviews with the parents for my own peruse. The jurors will never see them. I'm sure those interviews are handy around here somewhere...

While Ms. Laviolette has undoubtedly done much to help women who have been abused, her testimony so far to me, has been far too general, and hasn't done much to farther Ms. Arias' case that she was continually abused by Mr. Alexander. The only evidence the DT has is her journals, which she has already admitted to not telling the truth in for various reasons Such as shame of the law of attraction. Thus, in the end of the day, ms. La violette's testimony is once again based simply upon what Arias has been telling her.

Another point. Suppose Mr. Alexander did abuse her in the manner she suggests. This is no justification for what she committed. In fact, if Arias had been abused, or she felt that she had been abused, this would provide a much stronger motive as to why she was able to commit such a heinous act and premeditate it.

This trial needs to be focused. And this is not only the duty of the judge. Mr Martinez as well needs to direct his questioning so that it is very clear to the jury how everything stands with respect to the law, and not to be confused by this silly attempt at distraction.

:welcome: :seeya: Good post! Don't worry, I think JM will handle things fine.

I still want to watch the interviews with the parents for my own peruse. The jurors will never see them. I'm sure those interviews are handy around here somewhere...

Amazing how different sandy arias was than and to what she is now.

Mr. Martinez's rebuttal hasn't happened yet, so let's wait and see what he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattvaspa895